Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is basically a scam....

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
Instead of moving forwards with the series expanding on the packs and adding more features of the same concept, we go backwards making them smaller and smaller for the same price. $40 F O U R T Y for dogs & cats. And you know what's the kicker? They will probably say something along the lines of 'We added enivormental traits that affect how they move, what they eat, how fast they learn' or some cra p and continue on saying 'We felt they deserved to be in a pack by itself to make them really fleshed out' to make it seem they are really in depth...

ETA: Yes I am depending on some retailer, the past listings have always been true and this won't be any different. Even if it is actually not real, then it gives the devs the idea that cutting packs into smaller and smaller will not please us.
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited June 2017
    If that's really the case, wait for sales. (I usually do for expansions) Black Friday sales sometimes give 50% off
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    The beauty of life is if something doesn't interest you, or if you don't like what a certain person, place, thing, or company is doing, you are in no way obligated to buy said product. :)

The beauty of criticsm is it gives an area for developers to improve :) Enjoy your fantasy world where you buy anything you are given. Say hello to the future of $100 asking price for half-baked games and $60 DLC.

And when and if the prices get that high I will chose not to pay for it.

And you will end up in a dead industry where prices have significantly been raised and quality is really low. :)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Falynios wrote: »
    very useful crticism indeed. "THIS IS A SCAM!" when literally all we know about the EP is that it has dogs and cats in it.
    yall need to chill lmao

No...THE TITLE SAYS 'Cats & Dogs', not the description. If a title says something it indicates it is the main and probably only focus. If we will get anything, it is one of those 'objects' like the bird-feeder.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    High chairs are a scam.

Break their legs and burn them with fire.
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    jeeze

Yep.
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @Wulfsimmer said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > very useful crticism indeed. "THIS IS A SCAM!" when literally all we know about the EP is that it has dogs and cats in it.
    > yall need to chill lmao
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No...THE TITLE SAYS 'Cats & Dogs', not the description. If a title says something it indicates it is the main and probably only focus. If we will get anything, it is one of those 'objects' like the bird-feeder.

and? a lot of people don't seem to be adverse to the idea of the pack only having dogs and cats, at least according to the thread on that topic. they're gonna spend a year working on this pack. to say it's a scam just because of it's title is quite literally ridiculous....
  • Options
    Wait a minute!

November release date?

I want this now!

This minute!

We cannot wait until nearly Christmas for Pets.

No!
  • Options
    Maybe it is an American date and it is really 11th September, not 9th November?
  • Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    I'm willing to spend that much for pets if I can make them truly immortal since I couldn't do that in Sims 3 and could only make them young again with a potion which gets really depressing to watch them die of old age eventually.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm sure it's more than just two little animals.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
  • Options
    I believe that Hugo from Brazil was the source of the leak:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/918513/pets-stuff-in-parenthood
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    The beauty of life is if something doesn't interest you, or if you don't like what a certain person, place, thing, or company is doing, you are in no way obligated to buy said product. :)

Can't believe you started that as first comment. Really? Because we all thought it was required.
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Instead of moving forwards with the series expanding on the packs and adding more features of the same concept, we go backwards making them smaller and smaller for the same price. $40 F O U R T Y for dogs & cats. And you know what's the kicker? They will probably say something along the lines of 'We added enivormental traits that affect how they move, what they eat, how fast they learn' or some cra p and continue on saying 'We felt they deserved to be in a pack by itself to make them really fleshed out' to make it seem they are really in depth...

ETA: Yes I am depending on some retailer, the past listings have always been true and this won't be any different. Even if it is actually not real, then it gives the devs the idea that cutting packs into smaller and smaller will not please us.

Ppl here just love to control what's being said, how it's said, and who it's said to. I think many, including myself tend to agree with you.
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    MysticOne wrote: »

Can't believe you started that as first comment. Really? Because we all thought it was required.

What exactly is wrong with what I said? What makes it so unbelievable?

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2017
    I agree with you. If the whole pack is solely dedicated to only cats and dogs I'll be a very disappointed fan. Pets was never my favorite pack but I would find ways to incorporate it into my game play. I always ended up forgetting about my pets as they do their own thing. I really loved the horses from Sims 3 so I was hoping they'd return. However we can't base our opinion on one retailer listing. I will try to remain optimistic about its contents.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top