Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone here have part of their game deleted from Origin?

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    With the exception of:

Showtime: Collector's Edition
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats (my only SP)

(both bought from Amazon)

All my EP's came from Walmart.

I'm assuming that they were authorized dealers. I'm hoping EA can fix this... I hope.

It sounds like you have all disc. If they were sealed and unused your codes should be good. Walmart is an authorized dealer so is Amazon. The only way I could see that your codes might not be valid is if you bought a loose download code by a 3rd party seller on Amazon or a used disc. If you bought your discs used, EA does not condone the reselling of their game. If they were used, those codes would be registered to it's original owner and can not be re-registered.

Anyone who got these notices has to contact EA directly. They are reinstating accounts on an individual case. If you have all disc you need to provide them with pics and codes of those discs. proof of purchase if you have them.

• Options
    Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    edited May 2017
    Linamints wrote: »
    I got another reply. This is what I was told by the vendor I contacted:

"EA support made a template story cause the situation affected almost all resellers all over the world. There was a leackage of funds from the key vendor and someone at EA got mad. We have randomly disabled keys in the databases.
    Our suppliers are trying to appeal this.

Have a good day!"

It sounds like... One of the common fraud schemes in marketplaces that cater to 'grey-ware' is:
    A buyer purchases a bundle of game keys/codes with a fraudulent credit card. This buyer then either quickly sells the keys to unsuspecting end-users -or- sells the bundled codes to yet another reseller who sells them to end-users with neither being aware of the fraud. When the fraud starts unraveling the keys become voided. This can also happen when someone uses a fraudulent CC to purchase a game bundle and sells the 'extra' game keys from the package to an unsuspecting end-user.

Edit to add: Ah, here is a dated but relevant article on this scheme being played out in 2015. It effected Ubisoft/Origin games being purchased with fraudulent CCs, then the keys were quickly re-sold to unsuspecting end-users. This, in effect, is a type of money laundering fraud. Ubisoft/Origin eventually revoked the game keys in question, just as Origin is doing now. This kind of fraud can be small time involving a single game or absolutely massive, involving thousands of keys. Depending on local law enforcement procedures, these schemes can take days to years to fall apart.
    PC editions of Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity temporarily removed from EA's games platform.
  • Options

"EA support made a template story cause the situation affected almost all resellers all over the world. There was a leackage of funds from the key vendor and someone at EA got mad. We have randomly disabled keys in the databases.

Have a good day!"

It sounds like... One of the common fraud schemes in marketplaces that cater to 'grey-ware' is:
    A buyer purchases a bundle of game keys/codes with a fraudulent credit card. This buyer then either quickly sells the keys to unsuspecting end-users -or- sells the bundled codes to yet another reseller who sells them to end-users with neither being aware of the fraud. When the fraud starts unraveling the keys become voided. This can also happen when someone uses a fraudulent CC to purchase a game bundle and sells the 'extra' game keys from the package to an unsuspecting end-user.

Edit to add: Ah, here is a dated but relevant article on this scheme being played out in 2015. It effected Ubisoft/Origin games being purchased with fraudulent CCs, then the keys were quickly re-sold to unsuspecting end-users. This, in effect, is a type of money laundering fraud. Ubisoft/Origin eventually revoked the game keys in question, just as Origin is doing now. This kind of fraud can be small time involving a single game or absolutely massive, involving thousands of keys. Depending on local law enforcement procedures, these schemes can take days to years to fall apart.
    PC editions of Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity temporarily removed from EA's games platform.

The sims game is not the only game that got effected by this update. Its all EA games. I just have to wonder why they are hitting up some people who bought sealed discs from Walmart and Amazon which are authorized dealers. If they are used discs EA will not let you register a used disc that has already been registered to a previous owner. Maybe some of the codes that are sealed inside the disc somehow got made up by scammers and the codes worked because they were never used. Now the sealed disc code is no good. If that were the case people would have to send copies of their disc and code with proof of purchase.
  • Options

Have a good day!"

The sims game is not the only game that got effected by this update. Its all EA games. I just have to wonder why they are hitting up some people who bought sealed discs from Walmart and Amazon which are authorized dealers. If they are used discs EA will not let you register a used disc that has already been registered to a previous owner. Maybe some of the codes that are sealed inside the disc somehow got made up by scammers and the codes worked because they were never used. Now the sealed disc code is no good. If that were the case people would have to send copies of their disc and code with proof of purchase.

I'm not certain that its contained to only the divide between Authorized-Unauthorized sellers, nor to overt fraud. There's the matter of authorized sellers that, within contract or not, resell bundles to unauthorized resellers which often results in no compensation to the dev/pub. If its a breach of contract and the dev/pub takes action, the authorized reseller may get their codes and/or their license to sell that product revoked. That starts the cascade effect that eventually hits end-users. That G2A website has been involved in such activity many times. One such event resulted in nearly a half million in losses for a dev/pub. That was just one.

I'd guess that most of the issues with reliable retailers are false positives and will eventually be resolved. Whatever Origin has going on right now is pretty darn big, a huuuge net, indeed!
  • Options

Have a good day!"

I'm not certain that its contained to only the divide between Authorized-Unauthorized sellers, nor to overt fraud. There's the matter of authorized sellers that, within contract or not, resell bundles to unauthorized resellers which often results in no compensation to the dev/pub. If its a breach of contract and the dev/pub takes action, the authorized reseller may get their codes and/or their license to sell that product revoked. That starts the cascade effect that eventually hits end-users. That G2A website has been involved in such activity many times. One such event resulted in nearly a half million in losses for a dev/pub. That was just one.

I'd guess that most of the issues with reliable retailers are false positives and will eventually be resolved. Whatever Origin has going on right now is pretty darn big, a huuuge net, indeed!

I know and for example I wonder how long EA's contract is with steam. They will no longer give steam the right to sell newer EA games. They could cut a lot of steam users off from the EA games they do have

I don't know how they can cut off authorized sellers or second hand sellers from selling sealed discs when those discs were already distributed a long time ago. EA no longer makes those discs. Selling loose game codes to download the games is another story.
  • Options

Have a good day!"

I know and for example I wonder how long EA's contract is with steam. They will no longer give steam the right to sell newer EA games. They could cut a lot of steam users off from the EA games they do have

I don't know how they can cut off authorized sellers or second hand sellers from selling sealed discs when those discs were already distributed a long time ago. EA no longer makes those discs. Selling loose game codes to download the games is another story.

The discs, old or new, are still vulnerable to the precious key/code activation being honored. Man, I hate thieves, see how hard they've made it on us legit users? We jump through hoops while they snicker at us all.

Yeah, that's food for thought allrighty. I suppose EA/Origin could cut off Steam users from their games. I'd guess that EA/Origin would offer legit users an Origin Client account to access the games, which meets the agreement obligations with end-users. Any revision of profits would be between Steam & Origin, which is why I have some doubt that Origin would do such a thing. Future games not on Steam? Yep, maybe. Retroactively? Prolly not, too many re-negotiations involved.
  • Options

Have a good day!"

The discs, old or new, are still vulnerable to the precious key/code activation being honored. Man, I hate thieves, see how hard they've made it on us legit users? We jump through hoops while they snicker at us all.

Yeah, that's food for thought allrighty. I suppose EA/Origin could cut off Steam users from their games. I'd guess that EA/Origin would offer legit users an Origin Client account to access the games, which meets the agreement obligations with end-users. Any revision of profits would be between Steam & Origin, which is why I have some doubt that Origin would do such a thing. Future games not on Steam? Yep, maybe. Retroactively? Prolly not, too many re-negotiations involved.

This is true about the disc codes unless you have the base game disc issued before 2012 which does not require origin. I have two of those. :p I bought all my discs sealed. Its possible that some venders make up a code and it works. That code could somehow match to the code given out by EA in a sealed disc. If that happened the person who bought the sealed disc would have no way of knowing unless they went to register that disc on origin. You can't register the same code twice. You would then have to send EA proof of purchase for that disc with a copy of the disc and code for EA to issue you a new code. The problem with that is, if they issue you a new code you can't use the disc.

As long as you have the base game disc that was issued before 2012 that does not require origin and you have the game code you can play the game all disc without having to be on line at all. If the discs are used they will still work as long as you have their codes however if the base game is used, you can't register it and won't be able to buy or download anything from the sims 3 store.

Origin already honors steam codes to be registered on origin. If they cut off steam sales I'm sure they would just tell people to register those codes on origin
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    With the exception of:

I'm assuming that they were authorized dealers. I'm hoping EA can fix this... I hope.

It sounds like you have all disc. If they were sealed and unused your codes should be good. Walmart is an authorized dealer so is Amazon. The only way I could see that your codes might not be valid is if you bought a loose download code by a 3rd party seller on Amazon or a used disc. If you bought your discs used, EA does not condone the reselling of their game. If they were used, those codes would be registered to it's original owner and can not be re-registered.

Anyone who got these notices has to contact EA directly. They are reinstating accounts on an individual case. If you have all disc you need to provide them with pics and codes of those discs. proof of purchase if you have them.

Yes - they're all disks - which I preferred​ over a large empty case with a piece of paper (code) in it. They were also factory-sealed as well ('til I got them home).

Is there ANY way I can get my game back to normal WITHOUT going on the phone?

I have autism and struggle to communicate with others - even phone conversations are difficult for me. :bawling:

The forum isn't so bad, and I feel fine here. :)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    With the exception of:

Yes - they're all disks - which I preferred​ over a large empty case with a piece of paper (code) in it. They were also factory-sealed as well ('til I got them home).

Is there ANY way I can get my game back to normal WITHOUT going on the phone?

I have autism and struggle to communicate with others - even phone conversations are difficult for me. :bawling:

The forum isn't so bad, and I feel fine here. :)

Do you have anyone there that can help you with the phone call or chat? Unfortunately EA is fixing accounts individually. You would have to contact them directly to fix your account. There is nothing we can do here in the forum. You have to speak to an EA official.

You can try sending SimGuruDrake a private message here or a twitter message, tell her your disabled and you need help with your account.

You can also try posting here at the Answers Q and A forum. A lot more people who work for EA frequent those boards http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3
  • Options

Have a good day!"

This is true about the disc codes unless you have the base game disc issued before 2012 which does not require origin. I have two of those. :p I bought all my discs sealed. Its possible that some venders make up a code and it works. That code could somehow match to the code given out by EA in a sealed disc. If that happened the person who bought the sealed disc would have no way of knowing unless they went to register that disc on origin. You can't register the same code twice. You would then have to send EA proof of purchase for that disc with a copy of the disc and code for EA to issue you a new code. The problem with that is, if they issue you a new code you can't use the disc.

As long as you have the base game disc that was issued before 2012 that does not require origin and you have the game code you can play the game all disc without having to be on line at all. If the discs are used they will still work as long as you have their codes however if the base game is used, you can't register it and won't be able to buy or download anything from the sims 3 store.

Origin already honors steam codes to be registered on origin. If they cut off steam sales I'm sure they would just tell people to register those codes on origin

Yep, I registered all of my TS3 Steam purchases on Origin. Never hurts to have a backup plan! Oh but I would hate to have to use that nasty Origin Client. Borky thang that it is. Why can't they create a good quality client? As it stands, I avoid games that are only available on Origin. I'm not alone, and that's gotta cut into their potential marketshare. Kinda foolish of them imo.

*sigh* Me? -I'm sticking to buying games from Steam or E-tailers with a brick & mortar presence. I do not have a criminal mind and so I'm rather naive (and therefor vulnerable) to the multitude of fraudulent schemes out there. From reading last night/today, I was actually a bit shocked at just how big, widespread and complicated these key code frauds can be! wow, what's an honest gamer trying to save a buck to do...

and now Queen Tomyris says its time to go kick Alexander's butte in Civ VI :D
  • Options
    @5782341b77vl You can also try posting here at the Answers Q and A forum. A lot more people who work for EA frequent those boards . Tell them you need help and your disabled http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3
  • Options

Have a good day!"

Yep, I registered all of my TS3 Steam purchases on Origin. Never hurts to have a backup plan! Oh but I would hate to have to use that nasty Origin Client. Borky thang that it is. Why can't they create a good quality client? As it stands, I avoid games that are only available on Origin. I'm not alone, and that's gotta cut into their potential marketshare. Kinda foolish of them imo.

*sigh* Me? -I'm sticking to buying games from Steam or E-tailers with a brick & mortar presence. I do not have a criminal mind and so I'm rather naive (and therefor vulnerable) to the multitude of fraudulent schemes out there. From reading last night/today, I was actually a bit shocked at just how big, widespread and complicated these key code frauds can be! wow, what's an honest gamer trying to save a buck to do...

and now Queen Tomyris says its time to go kick Alexander's butte in Civ VI :D

Origin is horrible. I never have issues with steam.

These sellers have been on Ebay a long time. My question is what took EA so long to stop them and on top of it now punish the players for innocently buying codes they thought were legal. Those players registered those codes to origin and EA gave those players a legit download copy of the game with those registered codes. These are not people that decided to download a free copy of the game someone posted on the web which is a whole separate issue.

The sims 3 was DRM free for 6 years before EA decided to tie the game into origin. :s

LOL enjoy Civ
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @5782341b77vl You can also try posting here at the Answers Q and A forum. A lot more people who work for EA frequent those boards . Tell them you need help and your disabled http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3

Thank you @phoebebebe13 I will give it a try.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited May 2017
    Ive got all hard copies of my game and yet I can't play via origin but can through the launcher but when I load up a game it only brings up the sims 3 loading screen, not the "more recent" pack loading screen
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited May 2017
    I bought a few copies of Sims 3 EPs and SPs on Ebay and now I noticed that Supernatural and Master-Suite-Stuff are both not showing up in my launcher. They are still in my origin account and I just redownloaded them both, tried to repair the game and restarted Origin/Computer but them two packs are still not showing up in my launcher, everything else is. And everything is also registered on my Sims3.com account.
    Would I be affected by this TOS Violation thing, since mine are not removed from the account? Should I contact EA Support to get this looked into or just wait for a new Origin Update?
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Kylieb191 wrote: »
    Ive got all hard copies of my game and yet I can't play via origin but can through the launcher but when I load up a game it only brings up the sims 3 loading screen, not the "more recent" pack loading screen

Your using discs and tied into origin? The newer base game disc issued after 2012 is tied into origin and forced to the 1.69 patch. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin. Those of us who have the base game issued before 2012 can bypass the launcher if on 1.67 patch
  • Options
    Jahnna wrote: »
    I bought a few copies of Sims 3 EPs and SPs on Ebay and now I noticed that Supernatural and Master-Suite-Stuff are both not showing up in my launcher. They are still in my origin account and I just redownloaded them both, tried to repair the game and restarted Origin/Computer but them two packs are still not showing up in my launcher, everything else is. And everything is also registered on my Sims3.com account.
    Would I be affected by this TOS Violation thing, since mine are not removed from the account? Should I contact EA Support to get this looked into or just wait for a new Origin Update?

All I know is that people are getting emails from EA on this issue. If they are blocking you from some eps or packs you would have to ask them

Origin updates also mess up. They just did another update today. I would uninstall and reinstall a new copy of origin , then reboot your computer and see if things are still missing
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Your using discs and tied into origin? The newer base game disc issued after 2012 is tied into origin and forced to the 1.69 patch. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin. Those of us who have the base game issued before 2012 can bypass the launcher if on 1.67 patch

Not using discs but i'm tied with origin, I had to due to Origin staff giving me a few codes (had to prove I had to prove I owned the discs mind you) not yet as thought people were uninstalling and reinstalling their actual games lol
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options

yes as I had to due to Origin staff giving me a code (had to prove I had the disc mind you) not yet as thought people were uninstalling and reinstalling their actual games lol

If your tied into origin with 1.69 patch the game has less issues if you play with download rather than disc since your tied into origin anyway. We have helped a few people in tech who were having issues with disc and the 1.69 patch.

if you ask EA for codes they will ask you for proof you own the game
  • Options
    All seems to be working now, thank you @phoebebebe13 and yeah I actually miss playing with proper iscs to be honest with you but they just sit gathering dust now :|.

I like that side of EA because they're not making you re-buy the game just because the code is missing :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    All seems to be working now, thank you @phoebebebe13 and yeah I actually miss playing with proper iscs to be honest with you but they just sit gathering dust now :|.

I like that side of EA because they're not making you re-buy the game just because the code is missing :)

Glad it's working. If the code is missing and you own it, they will give you new codes. Unfortunately many people unknowingly bought illegitimate codes from unauthorized dealers . EA will make them re-buy those eps or packs that are illegitimate copies.
  • Options

Your welcome and I hope they sort everything out for you :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I contacted EA and the advisor said they will file a dispute and my games are marked as inactive but it doesn't say anything about Violations. So I decided to still reinstall Origin. Done, I started downloading Sims 3 again and I could download them all except for Master-Suite. It said "Add to Queue" and when I clicked on it it says to play an unidentified game I must first activate it on my account... the code obviously can't be activated again since I activated it over 580 days ago.
    Very curious to see now if at least Supernatural will show up in my Launcher again, since I could download that without trouble.

Update: Supernatural did not show up in my launcher. :cry:
    Post edited by Jahnna on
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Options

I contacted EA and the advisor said they will file a dispute and my games are marked as inactive but it doesn't say anything about Violations. So I decided to still reinstall Origin. Done, I started downloading Sims 3 again and I could download them all except for Master-Suite. It said "Add to Queue" and when I clicked on it it says to play an unidentified game I must first activate it on my account... the code obviously can't be activated again since I activated it over 580 days ago.
    Very curious to see now if at least Supernatural will show up in my Launcher again, since I could download that without trouble.

Im guessing my account states inactive. I have not updated origin in about 2 years since I don't need origin to play
  • Options

Im guessing my account states inactive. I have not updated origin in about 2 years since I don't need origin to play

Yeah. Funny enough, I actually just managed to download Master-Suite after quitting and reloading Origin. But both still not in the Launcher.