Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Me, Or does Parenthood Game Pack sound really really boring!

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    One thing I am excited about is that toddler hair for female adults.

I do like the looks of a lot of the CAS -- the painted jeans on the mom with the toddler are awesome, and the straight hair with the bangs that was on the little girl doing projects with Dad is pretty much how I wore my hair for much of my childhood so I can finally make my childhood Simself (warning, that's probably going to be my new avatar come June). And it's going to be a lot more fun dressing the teens in the neighborhood.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Anduar wrote: »
    Eh, I think they did a good job with World Adventures when it was the first EP for S3. Out of the their comfort zone imho, but i'm a family player and 4 was really lacking in that area.
    I didn't think we needed vampires before this, but here we are. I'm glad this pack is coming.

They may have had this on the drawing board for a while, but needed the toddlers to be patched in to finish it up. It wouldn't have made sense to release this then have to have a huge patch to add in all the toddler content on top of the content we got in the actual toddler patch.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I'm a family player and world adventures was my least liked pack for sims 3. Of course I'd pick this over pyramids.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    C'mon Sims 4 designers, bring back Pyramids and Mummies, Pets, Seasons, or something exciting. Kids misbehaving? really? Have you run out of ideas?

It is just you (okay and perhaps a few others but you're definitely in the minority in these forums).

This is something we have been requesting for a long time and, unlike the ideas you mention, it's something that has never been explored (at least not to this full extent) in previous sims games. So I think it's a bit unfair you accuse the team of having run out of ideas.

I agree I want pets and seasons (I definitely don't care about mummies or pyramids) but those are EP material (in fact Pets may be coming later this year) and not GP material.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    johnjet wrote: »
    The Parenting part of the pack looks exciting and a good addition. What I am not so excited about is the "New Objects" we get.

Why?

Because they are just recolors of the already existing items we already have. The chairs, counters, sinks etc are all re-colors. Really guys, you are supposed to have professional artists on staff doing your designs and this is the best you came up with. Changing the color and adding a few new decals to items.

The Parenting part yeah, the "new" objects no.

Some objects in the packs are always new versions of the already existing ones. I've seen people begging for new kitchen counters and I feel adding some fits the theme of the pack too. I also like the furniture style they went for.

I'm looking forward to this pack, but very curious to see if I will end up liking it more than Vampires.
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    edited May 2017
    You have to keep in mind that different people play the game differently. A lot of us family players, me included, are really excited about this GP because it looks like it will make families feel so much more like families than before. If family play is not your thing, it's understandable you're not that excited, but rest assured there will definitely be a SP, GP or EP in the future which you'll be really excited about while others might not be that enthusiastic. It's virtually impossible to please everyone all at once, but at least the Sims team are trying to listen to us and do right by us and have been doing an awesome job of it this year. If this keeps up a lot of great things are in store. Just be patient and something you'll love will come along. In the meantime let us enjoy this one, we've been waiting for it for a while.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm personally really interested in parenting, that's a theme I wanted to see explored in the Sims because I think it has never really been done before. I also wanted some way to "build" my Sims through they childhood/teenhood, to have a way to raise them and influence their future. It seems like the Characters Values will be just that.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This is the pack that finally embraces family players fully!
    It might not sound as exciting for some people and it might not be that flashy, but it's essential to the core of the game in my opinion. I can see how this pack will reshape my game and make my experience richer and more satisfying.
    I personally, can not wait!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    JMConceptJMConcept Posts: 123 Member
    I'm not even a huge "family play" type of player. But generations bought alot to the table so i'm hoping this pack changes the entire skeleton of the game.

However, the fact that it's a game pack gives me mixed feelings. On one hand that's a sign that it'll be half backed but on the other hand many aspects of generations were including in game patches plus the expansion pack didn't come with a town so it doesn't need to be a full on expansion (if that makes sense).
    a742kT4.jpg
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    JMConcept wrote: »
    I'm not even a huge "family play" type of player. But generations bought alot to the table so i'm hoping this pack changes the entire skeleton of the game.

However, the fact that it's a game pack gives me mixed feelings. On one hand that's a sign that it'll be half backed but on the other hand many aspects of generations were including in game patches plus the expansion pack didn't come with a town so it doesn't need to be a full on expansion (if that makes sense).

At this point in TS4 life, I'm actually happy this is a GP and not an EP. Game Packs have been consistently good and are to me the most essential packs in this game. Expansion Packs on the other hand, have felt lackluster and underwhelming to me.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    JMConcept wrote: »

i have to say I've been far more impressed with GPS than EPs so far. In my opinion all GPS have been top quality, while EPs were indeed half baked (focusing mostly on the new worlds which are mostly decor and background objects anyway). So it's the opposite for me: the fact that it's a GP gives me hope that it will provide us with in depth gameplay.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Gurl... :open_mouth:
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    it's you
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    i don't enjoy family play at all nor do I intend to use 95% of the features in the pack but obviously it's something that a lot of people want, so I have nothing to complain about. We all get a turn eventually. Not every player is going to be interested in every pack.

One of the best responses to this type of thread I have ever seen.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    let's just be honest, everything after awhile gets boring and mundane but...I don't think this coming GP is boring; is about family where you get to play life stages in a meaningful way from toddler to teen with more interactions and animation. If I have to rate the most boring GP that will be outdoor retreat for sure, not only did it bored me to death and i feel the entire pack was unnecessary too. ;)

The Sims Game
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    No I'm sure it's not just you. Different strokes for different folks. And that's OK. Personally I'm ecstatic. But again it's my preference
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm looking forward to this pack. I've had my unrealistic fun with Vampires now I'm all about realism.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I've been waiting for such a GP for years! I'm really excited about it! Even if it doesn't meet everyone's expectations, for me it counts that they listened to the fans and at least tried to create a product that focuses on parenting. I think it'll be a good addition to the game overall. Only a few more days left!!! Woop, woop!
  • Options
    Ann21Ann21 Posts: 23 New Member
    I am a family player, but there does seem to be something missing from this GP (or what we've heard of it). Basically what we are getting seems to be a bunch of new different interactions, whereas I was really hoping for features that would change core gameplay. It also feels like the stuff featured in this pack should have been included in the base game in the first place. I was hoping for something to wow me, but nothing has yet. Maybe the live gameplay will show us something different, one can certainly hope.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @ann21 welcome to the forums :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Ann21Ann21 Posts: 23 New Member
    Thanks @clarassims I've played the sims since the beginning but never participated online :)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    This gamepack will not be boring at least for me but it seems like I'm not alone here I'm happy for more family play.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    The GP just lacks like every sims 4 pack...
    Seems like the end to a generations EP...
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    > @Painterroy58 said:
    > C'mon Sims 4 designers, bring back Pyramids and Mummies, Pets, Seasons, or something exciting. Kids misbehaving? really? Have you run out of ideas?

I'm afraid it may be a minority who won't like this pack (if they play TS4). The family players and deviant players have a lot in common with this one. We both want more consequences, and more depth to interactions and why.

Then there are those who just use Sims to push around pixels to find stuff/and want the games to be actual adventure game genre. Coming from adventure games where you had to solve the door puzzle to get out of some tomb or cave or whatever, I can say I never felt adventure genre belonged in The Sims but those were my first choices of games when pc gaming came to the world. It's a whole different gaming community like over on GameBoomers.com.

I'm not at all interested in Pets, but I don't think I will make any post asking the gurus are they out of ideas when it gets released because it's not something I want. Running out of ideas shows when there is no depth to the characters who are supposed to be as human as possible with all their faults and bad choices.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I like the way this GP looks so far. For the first time we have the conscious decision on how to parent our sims children. What makes it better is that there are now consequences and rewards for how they are raised. Before you relied on traits and the gameplay experince to determine you as the player on whether or not your sims child had a good or bad childhood. Take TS2 for example. A child is only considered to have aged up well if they completed all of their toddler skills before their birthday. And looking at TS3, if your child didn't do so hot in school when they aged up the game would say because of their study habits you wouldn't be able to choose their traits thus making them completely different then their parents and that determined who they would grow up to be. So from the looks of this GP that's changed now. Now it's really all about what your sim does as a parent that can affect how their kids will grow up to be.
    1FKDfKj.png