Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

did anyone ask for this?

Comments

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I just watched the trailers, and a woman playing it and thought great that looks good, until the woman said Real Time. No this isn't for me. I have real life for real time. why should a game play out in real time. This doesn't make any sense to me. They do it because they want us to spend money on speeding things up. Yet it's supposed to be a free game.
    No I wont be playing it.
    I like the sewing machine and wished we had that in our game sims4. and our sims could make real clothes with it.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Let's be realistic. We all saw this coming.

TS4 mobile version.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Apparently, Sims 4 was originally supposed to be Olympus which could explain the color wheel and extra customization options being limited...O.o

I read a bit about it here. This is interesting.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I'll probably give it a shot, Sims Freeplay was how I got into Sims over 2 years ago. I played Freeplay for awhile sunk a bunch of money into it, then discovered Sims 3, got completely addicted (still am). Then bought everything for Sims 4 played for 2 months during a Sims 3 break enjoyed it well enough but never really got as addicted as 3. I guess I just consider them all separate games and will try anything Sims...I can see why the release of Mobile might peeve some Sims 4 players though.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited May 2017
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

TS4 mobile version.

Please refer to this thread: Clearing Up Trolling about Sims Mobile. Thanks.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    > @DegrassiGen said:
    > king_of_simcity7 wrote: »
    >
    > Did anyone ask for this?
    >
    > Well no, I did not ask for it. I asked for a real Sims game like we used to have, a successor to TS3 and something to provide endless hours entertainment.
    >
    > Now we have something that you can play on your phone?
    >
    > You know what I play on my phone? Music.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Let's not forget Pokemon Go lol.

I started a thread once suggesting a 'TS4 Go' but the idea must have not been too popular as the thread was closed I think...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I would love to be able to transfer say a neighbourhood from my game to my tablet, and take it on long bus or train rides with me, or if I'm staying over night somewhere. and be able to play the neighbourhood. Obviously I wouldn't be able to go to work with anyone, or visit a park in another hood. but I could still play with my families who stay home and go to the local grilling park. and once home be able to transfer it back to my game with all my playing time saved and slotted into my main save on my comp. with the option to save to computer or not. so the game would update the hood or family I played. But I can't see this ever happening. :( also I would want it in the same time frame played on my comp. Not changed to real time.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm just waiting on them announcing the new GP and watching the new GP trailer. This is just a filler area of forum for me until they announce more news bout the actual pc game. I once considered trying Sims Free Play but I don't have a gadget that I can play it on, (no smartphone! :D ) so I'm glad I didn't run out and buy a phone I don't need. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2017
    You do realize that the mobile game team and the sims 4 team for PC are different don't you? So in no way is the mobile game is making TS4 suffer in anyway it just takes a while to make content. So I don't understand why everyone is complaining about a mobile game you might not want it but others will.

TS4 mobile version.
    Where is the sims 4 mobile it called The Sims Mobile I don't see a 4 in the title.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    You do realize that the mobile game team and the sims 4 team for PC are different don't you? So in no way is the mobile game is making TS4 suffer in anyway it just takes a while to make content. So I don't understand why everyone is complaining about a mobile game you might not want it but others will.

TS4 mobile version.
    Where is the sims 4 mobile it called The Sims Mobile I don't see a 4 in the title.

I'll quote DeservedCriticism on this:
    I could've expressed myself better there. What I meant was more....back then we thought they dissolved one of the EP teams as sort of a budget cut. Yknow, someone decided Sims 4 could survive with one EP team and cut one to cut costs, and that's already frustrating enough. That the team was dissolved wasn't exactly a secret; they didn't exactly blast it in the news here, but you could find it if you wanted.

Fast forward to now, and not only did they re-allocate those people off of the traditional Sims team, but they re-allocated them to a related project: Sims for mobile. This is extra levels of frustrating for me. This implies they still see dollar signs and profit in the Sims franchise, but instead of just letting things be and leaving that second team ready to work on Sims 4, they're trying to milk the franchise more, even though Sims for mobile has already flopped twice. It stinks of greed, it stinks of terrible management, and it stinks of valuing profit over quality.

If some guy in a suit thought Sims 4 could survive off one EP team and cut the second one to try and reassign them to work on a new franchise or something....? That plum for us, but you can at least argue that perhaps his decision is made to just try and give us more good games and that he may have genuinely believed the negative impact would be minimal. But if he's actively reassigning them to a mobile spin-off port, let alone knowing full well that Sims mobile games have failed twice before...? Terrible priorities, and as I said, likely spawned of greed. It suggests they know the Sims is popular and loved and still has potential for profit, but instead of just giving us a quality PC product, they insist there's gold to be found in the mobile market, and that even if it means damaging our product, they should start digging. It's a giant middle finger to customers such as ourselves, as far as I'm concerned. Apparently my money just isn't good enough anymore. (and I could go off into a huuuuuuuge long speech about how seeking new customers and new demographics while screwing your old base has a history of damaging companies or having rewards negatively disproportionate to the risk involved, but I'll skip that cause it'd take too long)

we could have had more EPs again instead of this.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    mirta000 wrote: »

TS4 mobile version.

I'll quote DeservedCriticism on this:
    I could've expressed myself better there. What I meant was more....back then we thought they dissolved one of the EP teams as sort of a budget cut. Yknow, someone decided Sims 4 could survive with one EP team and cut one to cut costs, and that's already frustrating enough. That the team was dissolved wasn't exactly a secret; they didn't exactly blast it in the news here, but you could find it if you wanted.

Fast forward to now, and not only did they re-allocate those people off of the traditional Sims team, but they re-allocated them to a related project: Sims for mobile. This is extra levels of frustrating for me. This implies they still see dollar signs and profit in the Sims franchise, but instead of just letting things be and leaving that second team ready to work on Sims 4, they're trying to milk the franchise more, even though Sims for mobile has already flopped twice. It stinks of greed, it stinks of terrible management, and it stinks of valuing profit over quality.

If some guy in a suit thought Sims 4 could survive off one EP team and cut the second one to try and reassign them to work on a new franchise or something....? That plum for us, but you can at least argue that perhaps his decision is made to just try and give us more good games and that he may have genuinely believed the negative impact would be minimal. But if he's actively reassigning them to a mobile spin-off port, let alone knowing full well that Sims mobile games have failed twice before...? Terrible priorities, and as I said, likely spawned of greed. It suggests they know the Sims is popular and loved and still has potential for profit, but instead of just giving us a quality PC product, they insist there's gold to be found in the mobile market, and that even if it means damaging our product, they should start digging. It's a giant middle finger to customers such as ourselves, as far as I'm concerned. Apparently my money just isn't good enough anymore. (and I could go off into a huuuuuuuge long speech about how seeking new customers and new demographics while screwing your old base has a history of damaging companies or having rewards negatively disproportionate to the risk involved, but I'll skip that cause it'd take too long)

we could have had more EPs again instead of this.
    What do they know I was going by @Cinderellimouse tweet on twitter. I also tend not to believe anything they say anyways I don't know where they are getting their information because its not from the forums.

6QpGaQZrolVv7MCr2OuPlMnPp48Km.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited May 2017
    What do they know I was going by @Cinderellimouse tweet on twitter. I also tend not to believe anything they say anyways I don't know where they are getting their information because its not from the forums.

The person you're talking to is one of the members of the Troll Brigade who is in league with DeservedCriticism and has been creating and spreading misinformation and fear about Sim Mobile and TS4. This person himself had a thread deleted the other day for this very reason and has been posting nonsense in the Reddit sub as well.

So it's not a question of anyone of "getting information." It's a matter of these posters making up the information themselves but pretending that they're picking it up somewhere, like that shady junior high school tactic when someone goes up to you and says, "I heard from some people that you ______" when it's not that they heard anything; they are the ones who made up what they "heard" but are trying to make it sound as if they "heard" it from other people.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Nope. I asked for more expansions
    *Coughs* Seasons
    *Coughs* Pets
    *Coughs* University
    But instead, we got a mobile game that I didn't ask for.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    The person you're talking to is one of the members of the Troll Brigade who is in league with DeservedCriticism and has been creating and spreading misinformation and fear about Sim Mobile and TS4. This person himself had a thread deleted the other day for this very reason and has been posting nonsense in the Reddit sub as well.

So it's not a question of anyone of "getting information." It's a matter of these posters making up the information themselves but pretending that they're picking it up somewhere, like that shady junior high school tactic when someone goes up to you and says, "I heard from some people that you ______" when it's not that they heard anything; they are the ones who made up what they "heard" but are trying to make it sound as if they "heard" it from other people.

What thread deleted? None of my threads were deleted. And what nonsense on reddit exactly? I reddited about the forum change and I also posted SimGuru's response that NO MATTER THE FEEDBACK The Sims Forum will not be changed, so feedback is essentially useless on it.

The only person trolling here that I see is you, as you're trying to discard your opposition by posting memes and blackening their character instead of tackling the argument itself. Your behavior is very rude and immature.

edit: to give an example, this is the kind of response that you can expect from ts1depot:
    Alrighty then.

gX9RoFM.gif

in other words, no actual arguments just pure mocking.

edit edit: as for the team members moving on to The Sims mobile:

confirmed moves include SimGuruRiley and SimGuruAzure. Riley was lead animator for The Sims 4.
  • Options

What thread deleted? None of my threads were deleted. And what nonsense on reddit exactly? I reddited about the forum change and I also posted SimGuru's response that NO MATTER THE FEEDBACK The Sims Forum will not be changed, so feedback is essentially useless on it.

The only person trolling here that I see is you, as you're trying to discard your opposition by posting memes and blackening their character instead of tackling the argument itself. Your behavior is very rude and immature.

edit: to give an example, this is the kind of response that you can expect from ts1depot:
    Alrighty then.

gX9RoFM.gif

in other words, no actual arguments just pure mocking.

edit edit: as for the team members moving on to The Sims mobile:

confirmed moves include SimGuruRiley and SimGuruAzure. Riley was lead animator for The Sims 4.
    Are you talking about me that I am rude?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I was talking about Ts1depot. But I also included the tweet about workers being moved to provide my sources.
  • Options

I was talking about Ts1depot. But I also included the tweet about workers being moved to provide my sources.
    Ohh thanks for the response so quickly. :)
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This is for a totally different subgroup of game players -- it actually could be the gateway for a new generation of Sims players if they really enjoy the look of the game and want to get the full PC experience. This has nothing to do with the PC game other than some appearance similarities. You're not going to have the full customization on a mobile game that you do on the PC: no mods, no CC, probably not even options to play on different time spans (Short, Average, Long), plus only a single save.

Don't like it? Don't play it -- simple as that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

In my mind, Sims Mobile is probably the death knell for those who hoped for a console version of Sims 4, rather than having any major impact on the PC version. If a Sims 4 for PS4 or XboxOne had been announced, we'd have the same people making the same worried complaints. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Since TS4 was made from scratch compared to TS2/TS3, I thought it was already informed to us that it takes a good 6-8 months (correct me if I'm wrong) or so to make an EP? If it takes very long for Maxis to make EPs, I'd rather them take their time in embellishing an EP rather than rush it for the sake of quicker releases. And I want bug fixes for Sims 4 and more changes for sure, however, folks are misdirecting their frustration and bashing mobile gaming which is honestly insulting. PC simming isn't the only legitimate way to sim. And since we were informed the mobile game has no impact on TS4 production and that TS4 is still going strong, I honestly see no reason to be this upset about Sims Mobile or worried about Sims 4.
    How long time it takes to make an EP of course depends both on the size of the team and on how much content EA wants in the EP. According to Sam Player (executive producer on TS2) it took them only 3 months to make a TS2 EP and EPs for TS4 seems to have less content. So in reality it shouldn't take them more than 3 months to make a TS4 EP either.

But according to sources EA reduced the number of developers in Maxis Redwood too when EA closed down the Maxis studio in Emeryville. So I think that EA reduced the budgets for each EP too and gave higher priority to smaller expansions (especially SPs but also GPs) because stuff is cheaper to make than new gameplay and stuff seems to sell just as well. EA therefore wanted fewer and smaller EPs and more SPs to free up developers which then could be moved to other games.

Still it isn't the Sims 4 studio but instead EA Mobile who makes the Sims Mobile.

Also Visceral Games (another EA studio) is located in the same building as the Sims Studio and EA Mobile. So it is actually easy for EA to move developers between all those studios and teams just like EA prefer. But there are no signs which indicates that EA plans to close down any of those studios.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2017
    I do not see Sims Mobile as an exact copy of sims 4 except in some areas from watching the videos and even with that I see no problem. However, the options one has to pay for are quite a lot and seeing how Sims Mobile like every other Mobile and Non-Mobile have micro transactions and some have more than others(Imho Sims Mobile has too many). Sims mobile is for those that are willing to put money into the game and if that is their wish then so be it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017

Calling others names also breaks the rules.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Well, I didn't ask for a new sims mobile game because I prefer to play the game on pc and to be honest I don't understand why people it's upset about this, it's not like they said there's not going to be more stuff for TS4.

Also, like some people has said before, this game it's mostly meant for other type of players. I personally have some games in my phone for those times where I have to wait and there's nothing else to do (like when I have a doctor's appointment), so I don't think it's such a bad idea for poeple in the fandom that actually would like to have something new and shiny that looks similar to their loved TS4 pc game on their phone or it could been even better, maybe this could bring in a new wave of players for TS4, since they look similar maybe those who don't have/know about TS4 would be interested after playing it.

With that being said, I don't think I'll be installing this game, I didn't like Sims Freeplay and even though one of my first experiences with the sims was precisely with a mobile version (the very first was with the gba), after having the full experience on pc I'm not going back to that.
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    AkiraAnubiseAkiraAnubise Posts: 240 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't see how everyone is getting this is the sims 4 mobile when the title is just 'Sims Mobile'. Even Simguru drake said that is not going to replace the sims 4, but like everything on this forum, anything is supposedly the death of Sims 4 to the ones who hate the game. First, it's bowling, now it's a mobile game that is not even linked. Wow, four people were transferred to the Mobile department, this is not the end of anything.

No one on this forum is a developer of the game, their not guru's, it's just normal people who do what everyone in the world does, take things out of context just for their own personal ego, and play it off like its fact. Mobile gamers are different from PC players and want different things out of it. Just like console players is a different group of PC gamers.

Did the Sims 2 for PC stop getting things when the same game came out for PS2? As far and I know Sims 2 for the PC is the best selling sims game.
    Did the sims 2 pets for PC turn out better on the PS2, so Pets was the least bought pack, No
    Did the sims 3 ends when it came out on the Wii and had a mobile game come out that long after it? No

All this chaos is really making no sense to me. As for the length of Packs, IT's easier to add things for mobile because you don't need to go in depth with it to please Moblie gamers. Two different departments, two different programmers, two different teams. Of course, it's not like anyone will actually listen to the developers or gurus Who actually know what is going on, and instead cover their ears to listen to a bunch of faceless people who are most likely not developers or work on the sims games.

Personally, I am not bothered by it and will be happily waiting for news on the new Ep and other packs for the game, as I am not a big fan of mobile games. The simple fact is it not 'free' mobile players are not getting objects for free. It's just like every other mobile game, they say free but it's not. I play candy crush and spent 100 dollars in one day in boosters, just to get past one level. When you get into the level of 100 and above its gets hard to play the game without spending real cash.

For apps free is not really free
    southpark1806_320.gif
    B1zcN_4IUAE4y8L.jpg

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It doesn't really matter whether anyone asked for it or not - we got it :D

It will appeal to some people, of course, but how could a mobile game possibly compare to a 'real' pc game? There's no competition whatsoever, in my mind. But I do get scared sometimes - it does not seem that long ago (though it was probably 15-20 yrs) that I would walk into our local game store and see plenty of racks full of pc games - I go into that same store now and there is one small corner for pc games, tucked away. The remainder of the shop is for console games (which I have had brief plays with, but never anything long lasting).

I just hope that EA do not see mobile as the way of the future - after all, nearly everyone seems to own a mobile device of some sort and everywhere you go you can see people poking their devices. But mobile games do not provide a satisfactory in-depth experience and neither are they, in my opinion, a good long-term investment.

I feel that paying money into a mobile game is akin to feeding a slot machine - you get nothing in return, not really. Nothing you can keep for as long as you want it. Who is to say when a developer will pull the plug on that game you ploughed your hard earned cash into? And are you really going to want to play a game so shallow for a lengthy period of time anyway?

So we can only hope that games companies will still see the value and appeal of making future pc games and will continue to provide us with the 'real' experience.