Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Darkness Problem

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Computers that are not reaching out to an Internet time server (or a local server in your house that performs time syncs but a home network wouldn't tend to have one of those) will experience time creep in either direction. But I've never heard of one that stays precisely 8 minutes off without wandering away further. Are you sure all of the other clocks in your house aren't 8 minutes fast? Can you click on the clock in the corner and just change it? ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2017
    It's not always 8 minutes it's around that, sorry I exaggerated. I thought it was a virus.

It's not a concern really I just thought it was a symptom of something greater. I just changed as Phoebe suggested and its off again. I use Time.is when I want to know what time it is. The worst thing that happens is sometimes in the mornings I forget that the clock is wrong and I cut it close for work.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Here's a few things I noticed:

One, the warning message for the Awesome Mod comes up even though I do not have the AM in the my mods' folder. I even double checked.

Two, a program says its recording my game play called plays.TV automatically comes on. Not sure what to think of this. I've actually want to try recording my game and tried about 2 years ago and couldn't get to work. Now its coming on automatically. Not a problem, I think.

Three, load time is over 30 minutes without CC and store merchandise.

I really hope I'm not bugging you guys with petty concerns.
    Post edited by AthenaOnyx on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The clock not holding on to time for more than a day could be a symptom of something that is making your computer work too hard to get ordinary things done. Or it could be a bad CMOS battery (tiny things, they look like digital watch batteries), although usually when those go out you restart your computer and you get some date/time way in the past like 12 midnight on Jan 1, 1980.

Are your really getting a message from AwesomeMod, or are you getting the core version mismatch warning? If it's the latter, that means that you have a Core Mod that is not made for your current patch level. What patch level are you on? There are only four other Core Mods besides Awesome in usage that we know of. The others are NRaas ErrorTrap, NRaas UntranslatedKey (this is for developers), CmarNYC's XCAS, and Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness. All of them (besides Awesome) have specific versions available for each of the patch levels.

Or it could mean you have a broken TS3 install.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    The clock not holding on to time for more than a day could be a symptom of something that is making your computer work too hard to get ordinary things done. Or it could be a bad CMOS battery (tiny things, they look like digital watch batteries), although usually when those go out you restart your computer and you get some date/time way in the past like 12 midnight on Jan 1, 1980.

Are your really getting a message from AwesomeMod, or are you getting the core version mismatch warning? If it's the latter, that means that you have a Core Mod that is not made for your current patch level. What patch level are you on? There are only four other Core Mods besides Awesome in usage that we know of. The others are NRaas ErrorTrap, NRaas UntranslatedKey (this is for developers), CmarNYC's XCAS, and Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness. All of them (besides Awesome) have specific versions available for each of the patch levels.

Or it could mean you have a broken TS3 install.

The clock must be the computer working too hard because its always less than 20 minutes wrong.

It's the core mismatch warning. I only have the NRaas in. Should be the latest one. I'll check to see if I'm missing a patch.

Before I tried again on the Acer I renamed the folder to create a clean game. Don't know if that has anything to do with a broken TS3 install.
  • Options
    As far as NRaas mods are concerned, both Patches 1.67 and 1.69 are considered current but ErrorTrap has a version 100 available for each of them. Any future versions of ErrorTrap will also be released for both patch levels in parallel, but you do have to use the right one to avoid the mismatch error.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I downloaded a new Error Trap. I still get the message. I took out everything. I don't get the message. I put in only the base mod for Nraas that I just downloaded. I get message. Does the message matter?
  • Options
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    I downloaded a new Error Trap. I still get the message. I took out everything. I don't get the message. I put in only the base mod for Nraas that I just downloaded. I get message. Does the message matter?
    Technically, if you can get past the message and play on and the only reason for the message is 1.67 vs. 1.69, then no it doesn't really matter. Where it would make a difference and ruin a game is if you tried to play with the 1.67/1.69 version of a Core Mod like ErrorTrap but your game was really on 1.63 or something earlier.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    The game is 1.69 and the ErrorTrap is the latest.

It looks like the Acer will indeed run the game. I don't completely trust this computer, but maybe it will prove me wrong.

I appreciate everyone's help. Awesomes all around.
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,

I've noticed that it gets a little bit slower every time I play even though I haven't made any changes to the game. Just thought I would put that out there to see if anyone has any suggestions. I really appreciate the help you give me.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Hello Everyone,

I've noticed that it gets a little bit slower every time I play even though I haven't made any changes to the game. Just thought I would put that out there to see if anyone has any suggestions. I really appreciate the help you give me.

What specific acer computer model do you have? Could be the speed of the hard drive. If you have a regular HDD hard drive (not SSD) have you tried defragging your computer?
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,

What specific acer computer model do you have? Could be the speed of the hard drive. If you have a regular HDD hard drive (not SSD) have you tried defragging your computer?

System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Predator G3620
    BIOS: P11-A3

Did we ever get closure on the frame rate capping here? Seemed like we were left hanging at 122 fps back there...
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Predator G3620
    BIOS: P11-A3

Did we ever get closure on the frame rate capping here? Seemed like we were left hanging at 122 fps back there...

My sister's working 6 days a week right now so I can't get her to help me with the frame rate.

It's really not bad right now. The controls like when you want to rotate or zoom in are hesitate. A matter of fact, hesitant is the best word to describe it. Time doesn't freeze but it hesitates. It takes a while before the furniture with reappear after moving the camera somewhere else.

One of the problems I had with this computer before with the sims is that I would make a change to it and then it worked great but then as I continued playing it would progressively worse.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    One mystery has been solved. It turns out that I had two mod folders. The one I didn't know about is under "origin games" and contains the awful mod otherwise known as awesome. I'm closing the game as we speak to delete it to see if it gets rid of the error message.

Update: Yep, that got rid of the error message. Loads better too. Plays better.

Wow, so, much better feel like such a ditz for not seeing this sooner.
    Post edited by AthenaOnyx on
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Mods don't belong in the program folder. Although in the early years of TS3 franchise, that was the way to do it via the framework, but that's no longer the case. All 3rd party mods go into the documents TS3 mods folder. Careful ranking of mod priorities in the mod subfolders can really empower the game.

Glad your game is better now.
    FPS rates can eventually brick your machine before its time, so do attend to that issue soon as you can. :hushed:

I've been using Awesomemod since 2009. Then beginning in 2015, for v 1.67, have been using Awesome with a suite of NRAAS mods together for more fine tuning of how I want to play. I've no complaints; they make for a smooth, stable, combination of fixes that helps my game zoom! :smiley:
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    The awesome mod's not a bad mod. Some of the other players in this thread and I have joked about how unhelpful people on the MATY site can be that's why I called it the awful mod.

I'll see why I can do about FPS. Maybe my IQ will shoot up a couple points and I won't need my sister's help to fix it. Too bad I can't give myself the genius trait.

What do you mean by bricking? Is that why my game always gets progressively slower?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    When people refer to a device "bricking," they mean it becomes a broken piece of junk that does nothing. Running a game like TS3 with uncapped frame rates that are going out of control has the potential to overwork your card to the point where it burns out, potentially taking the system board with it. Thus your entire computer would become useless. That's why we keep stressing the fps capping on graphics cards that are strong enough for this kind of thing to unfortunately happen otherwise.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Oh, geez, thanks for letting me know.

I'll take a look at your comment about it.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It's still going past 60, but so far the highest I saw was 70. Make that 120.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Okay, you are not likely to to burn out your card if it's really not going any higher than 60s or just 70 although you might still get odd screen artifacts and tears potentially (but I don't think you had those issues in the first place). Are you sure it's staying that low now? Radeon cards are sneaky, at least I know mine is. :)

Edit: Oh no, your post changed. Sorry, 90 and 120 are too high and that means it's uncapped so it can/will go higher given a chance.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It threw me some 112s. But, mostly it stayed under 60. I changed my refresh rate from default to 60 so maybe when I restart it will stay there.

For some reason I didn't see your edit until I posted this.

What do I do about it?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If you mean the pull-down from within Game Options, I'm afraid that isn't going to accomplish anything. Some players have, let's say, a 144 Hz monitor. They can change the refresh rate the game uses as they will see 60, 75, 144 (maybe some others) and Default on that pull-down. The vast majority of us have 60 Hz monitors, all we will see is 60 and Default, which would both do the same thing. None of this affects frame rates. TS3 does not have a built-in fps limiter like more modern games do, even TS4 has one.

You need to use an external tool to cap the frame rate. You have a Radeon card on that computer, but many of us find that the usual built in Catalyst Control Center (CCC) from Radeon doesn't work effectively. You could try using Crimson, also from Radeon.

But forget that. Download and install RivaTuner Statsitics Server (RTSS). This is what I use for my Radeon card because it's an odd model for which I can't use Crimson.
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html
    (look for the download links about 3/4 of the way down the page, not in the upper right corner where adware that looks like the real program tends to show up unless you have an Ad Blocker)

The goal here is to set up a profile for TS3.exe if you are on Patch 1.69 or TS3w.exe (with the "w") if you are on 1.67 or below and cap the Radeon's card to 60 fps for that program. Or, if it's easier, just set Global to cap at 60. Many users have found that works for them as well. Note that RTSS has to be started up and stay running before the game is launched in order to work. It has a settings option that will make it launch together with Windows and then stay out of the way, but I always check to make sure it's running before I launch the game anyway.

I can't provide a visual right now, am on a Mac at the moment, but perhaps someone else here can.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Which version should I get? 7.0?
  • Options
    Which version should I get? 7.0?
    Technically version 7 is still in beta testing but I'm not seeing any serious issues reported with it. I think I still have 6.6 myself. It likely doesn't matter.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @igazor Ah ha!! "(note that in order for MC CAS settings to be honored outside of using an MC command to get into CAS/Stylist, the MC Integration add-on module is needed)" And here I thought my game was just buggy.

BTW, I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 with no problem and then many months later something updated and broke the launcher. I have no idea if it was Windows or Origin so I can't really bash Windows 10 on this.

I kept getting a pop up asking if I wanted to grant permission for the launcher to start and after clicking yes, it never started. Troubleshooting suggested I run as Administrator. Since the only login for this computer is an Administrator login that seemed stupid. (I'm hearing a security lecture in my head on this but ignoring it. :p ) Right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator didn't solve it. I finally solved it by right clicking, going into Properties and checking a box in Properties to Run as Administrator.