Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beauty and the Beast ~ UPDATED CASTING CALL~ *SIMS 4 STORY*

PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
Beauty and the Beast Casting Call!

Long ago, a village emerged in the heart of Windenburg. It wasn’t large by any means, but still people flocked to the humble tudor houses and main strip to sell their goods. A trade market emerged, and the village quickly grew into one filled with tradesmen and hands-on workers, but little book smarts. The small school was quickly falling apart, with only a single person teaching children to read and write. To complicate matters further, a large, abandoned castle spiralled up in the middle of the woods. No one could get to it, for the path in the woods would seemingly come alive and twist the course, spitting the villagers out at the spot they had entered. As the years passed, people gave up trying to reach it altogether, for even attempting to cross the river to get to it was a suicide mission. The only hint that a real being lived there was the black cloaked people that came into town to purchase goods, disappearing as quickly as they came.
Curiosity dimmed as this became the norm.
That is, until a determined young girl was born.

Beauty and the Beast is my upcoming story to be featured on my blog PrincessSimcess.wordpress.com. I’ve written two works previously, The Royal Bachelor and The Ayers Uglacy (an ongoing project). Now, I’m excited to announce I’m writing a story based on my favourite fairytale! That being said, I've loved the reader participation in my past stories, and I don’t want to do this story without help! Therefore, I’ve started this discussion so anyone can submit characters and really influence the gameplay.
What I'm Looking For:

One protagonist: Must be a young adult and female. Other than that, the design is all yours! Whatever name you deem fit. Also, if you decide to give her skills, please only go up to level five (I’d like to have her grow throughout the story, so I want her skills to reflect this). The only exception is level 10 gardening - it’ll make sense once you read it!
Please create a description (as long or as short as you’d like) to describe her, as well as her past. Yes, you can create her family as well if you’d like. Maximum of eight in the household (for obvious reasons). You may also create her house, though none of this is necessary if you don’t want to!

One Beast: Again, must be a young adult and male. Create whatever a beast means to you - he can be insanely handsome or the ugliest creature you’ve ever seen. You’ve got full creative liberty!
If you write parents into his backstory, please make sure both are presently deceased in your description, as well as any siblings. No one lives at the castle aside from the Beast and his servants.
Also, he can be an alien if you’d like, but not a vampire as I don’t have the pack.

Antagonist: Create whatever a villain means to you. Young adult or older. Please create a backstory for them explaining why they’ve become the way they are. (Yes, Gaston-like men are allowed if that’s what you think will work best in the story!) Male or female, alien, person, bear, whatever you want!

Servants: The servants all listed below can be of any gender, age (from YA and up), and sexuality. Doesn’t matter if you give them a backstory or not, though they will be featured regularly in the story. Please give them the appropriate skills!

1 Cook/Mixologist
1 Maid
1 Ladies Maid (MUST be female)
1 Entertainer (think violin, piano, comedy, singing, etc)
1 Mad Scientist: Please max logic skill as well as the rocket science skill (if you have GTW). Again, if you have GTW, please give him the scientist career so they can use the machines!

Any other servants you think will enhance the story can also be created! I really just want people to have fun with it. The characters created will really influence the story, so I’m curious as to what people will come up with!

Extras: If you’d like to create extras (background characters that live in the village), feel free to do so! Just keep in mind that this story has an old school feel to it, so consider that when you create them! Of course you can submit sims you've already created - perhaps you'd like to see one of your legacies strolling through the village!

EDIT: Please use the hashtag #PrincessSimcess in your description on the gallery so I can see it!

FAQ
Can I submit more than one character?
Yes! You can submit one of each (and as many extras as you’d like). One entry per character per person - so you can submit a maid, protagonist, and cook, but not two beasts or three mad scientists.

What packs do you have?
I have Get to Work, City Living, Get Together, and Vintage Glamor.

Can I use CC?
Yep! Just provide a link so I can download it and give the appropriate credit to the creator.

I don’t have the pack(s) you have. Can I still create a character?
Of course! I can always swap any clothes/hair/etc out for the ones I have. I’ll try to keep it as close to your original design as possible!

Is there any way I can sway you to pick my character?
I like interesting backstories (that doesn’t have to mean long, by the way). I can really work with them and twist them into new storylines. So I suppose that’s something to focus on!
Also, I appreciate people who read the story and provide feedback/commentary on my blog or the discussion (or both!). It makes for a lively discussion, and I’ve made so many friends that way! So I suppose I would be more likely to pick a person who has a history of interacting after they submit a character over one who sends in a sim and never checks back.

How are you choosing sims?
I’ll choose the ones I like best and narrow it down to about two/three sims, then let everyone else vote!

Submissions So Far:
*Note: I am STILL casting, so feel free to submit any characters!*
Protagonist & Family:
Isabelle Antoinette (+ Maurice Antoinette) by @Skcaga6
Sabine Garceau (+ Liam and Laurent) by @Minez
Arielle Welch (+ Janey Welch, stepfather and three estranged siblings) by @Colorist40
Odette Champagne (+ father) by @MintyCupcake
Ariane Renart (+ Alphonse Renart) by @Candyd
Aurora Brochu by @GeekMonkey34B21

The Beast:
Xaine Exipelh by @Kethrydrake
Prince Adam Le Pew by @Skcaga6
Tristan Gaspard by @MintyCupcake

Antagonist [Male]:

Tomas de Ojeda by @Kethrydrake
Gaston Gaslight (+ Louis Lefou) by @Skcaga6
Gaston Lagarde by @Candyd

Antagonist [Female]:
Aurélie Lévesque by @icmnfrsh
Agathe Charbonneau by @MintyCupcake
Susan Welch by @Colorist40
Ophelia Lancaster by @GeekMonkey34B21

Mad Scientist:
Maddie Nelson by @Kirasososweet
Khalid Daadaoui by @MintyCupcake

Entertainer:

Skyler Johnston by @Kethrydrake
Armon Serenata by @Minez
Timothé Lacroix by @MintyCupcake

Cook:
Grace Martinque by @Minez
Cherie Cottrell (+ Ming Lee) by @kirasososweet
Jean-Pierre Benoit by @MintyCupcake

Maid:
Leona Faust by @Minez
Léonie Tremblay by @MintyCupcake

Lady’s Maid:
Carrie Moreland by @PrincessSimcess
Anya Faust by @Minez
Margaux Tremblay by @MintyCupcake

*Special Character*
Butler:

Jean-Luc Girard by @Minez

Extras:
Mindy, Cindy, and Bindy by @kirasososweet

If you have feedback during any part of the casting process or story itself, feel free to drop a line in my Suggestions Box! Feedback, criticism, ideas, questions, anything!
Suggestions Box
Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

Post edited by PrincessSimcess on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Disclaimer
    I am NOT attempting to pawn off any "work" onto you all. I just want to involve everyone in the community. I find it a wonderful way to interact with others and make some new friends! So please, if you feel as if me asking you to create the characters is wrong, let me know! I'll happily take all suggestions.

• Options
    Reserved

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I'm so excited for your next story! I'll start working on this as soon as dinner is over. :)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Yay!! Something new to work on tomorrow! I was just thinking that I want to try to create Belle, the Beast, and Gaston.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    I'm definitely in!!
  • Options
    MINEZ wrote: »
    I'm definitely in!!

Yay!!
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Yay!! Something new to work on tomorrow! I was just thinking that I want to try to create Belle, the Beast, and Gaston.

Go for it! I'm totally excited to see what you come with :)

I'm so excited for your next story! I'll start working on this as soon as dinner is over. :)

Woohoo!

• Options
    GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    When do submissions close? Hopefully I will get some time to create one!
  • Options
    When do submissions close? Hopefully I will get some time to create one!

No cutoff date as of right now! You've got plenty of time!

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to submit something for another story. I'll think about trying a villain when I'm done creating sims for this other reality show I joined. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to submit something for another story. I'll think about trying a villain when I'm done creating sims for this other reality show I joined. :)

Sounds good!

• Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited April 2017
    Due to photobucket not loading on my computer, I posted my submission on my blogsite Red Slippers
    Submission

There are pictures of all the outfits to assist you if you need to change things. Xaine's human disguise is dressed in whatever the game came up with so feel free to change that. For his "alien" clothing, I was going for exotic. Tomas' clothing is the robe except for his pajamas and swimsuit. I was going for medieval religious figure, so if you change those go for the baggiest, most concealing outfit...in black/dark brown. Skylar, I was going for Rock Star...

Edit: #PrincessSimcess, #BeautyandBeast
    Post edited by kethrydrake on
  • Options
    Due to photobucket not loading on my computer, I posted my submission on my blogsite Red Slippers
    Submission

There are pictures of all the outfits to assist you if you need to change things. Xaine's human disguise is dressed in whatever the game came up with so feel free to change that. For his "alien" clothing, I was going for exotic. Tomas' clothing is the robe except for his pajamas and swimsuit. I was going for medieval religious figure, so if you change those go for the baggiest, most concealing outfit...in black/dark brown. Skylar, I was going for Rock Star...

Edit: #PrincessSimcess, #BeautyandBeast

Okay, awesome! I'll check it out now :)

• Options
    FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    How much customcontent is okay for you? :)
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Options
    How much customcontent is okay for you? :)

I prefer using natural skin colours (unless it doesn't fit your character) provided by TS4, but other than that there's no real limits! Clothes, hair, shoes, etc. All up to you :)

• Options
    Gaston like figure....I don't see annoying, egotistical, or conceited as traits we can give our sims.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Gaston like figure....I don't see annoying, egotistical, or conceited as traits we can give our sims.
    Doesn't have to be a gaston figure at all if you don't wasn't him/her to be! You can create an entirely original villain if that's what you'd like :)

Ps: gaston traits would maybe be something like self-assured, snob, mean, etc ;)

• Options
    Doesn't have to be a gaston figure at all if you don't wasn't him/her to be! You can create an entirely original villain if that's what you'd like :)

Ps: gaston traits would maybe be something like self-assured, snob, mean, etc ;)

I'm trying to stay as close to Beauty and the Beast as I can. I absolutely LOVE the story. I've already seen the new movie twice and cannot wait for it to be on blu ray so I can watch it every day. LOL

I already have Belle and Maurice done. I am going to do a little to their skills, then upload them to the gallery. Maybe even a house for them.

Here is a sneak peak at them if you want to see them.

Belle and Maurice
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options

I'm trying to stay as close to Beauty and the Beast as I can. I absolutely LOVE the story. I've already seen the new movie twice and cannot wait for it to be on blu ray so I can watch it every day. LOL

I already have Belle and Maurice done. I am going to do a little to their skills, then upload them to the gallery. Maybe even a house for them.

Belle and Maurice

Aww they are SO cute!!! I love Belle's dress. I was hoping someone would use it :)

• Options

Belle and Maurice

Aww they are SO cute!!! I love Belle's dress. I was hoping someone would use it :)

I don't use any CC in my games and only a few Mods. I filtered the CAS to only the base game and the game packs you have. Everything should be usable for you. :) I am getting ready to upload Maurice and Belle to the gallery now. I popped them into Cottage Am See in Windenburg.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    04-17-17_1-28-09c2a0pm.png?w=1200&h=&crop=1&ssl=1

Isabella Antoinette

Isabella is the only child of Maurice. Her mother passed away shortly after she was born so her entire lifetime has been spent with only her father. As her father has grown older, their roles have switched to where Belle now cares for Maurice. Belle has been finding the village life a bit boring recently and has turned to books for a brief escape to another world. Because of her love for books, the other villagers find her a bit odd. This has led to Belle feeling a bit insecure about herself.
    04-17-17_1-40-46c2a0pm.png?w=1200&h=&crop&ssl=1

Maurice Antoinette

Maurice has raised Belle as a single father since Belle was only a few days old. She has been the light of his life and he doesn't know what he would do without her. Maurice is an artist and a clock maker. He has supported his daughter and himself through his art and clocks. As he is getting to the end of his life, he would like to see his daughter settled.

They have been uploaded to the gallery as a family.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    04-17-17_1-28-09c2a0pm.png?w=1200&h=&crop=1&ssl=1

Isabella Antoinette

Isabella is the only child of Maurice. Her mother passed away shortly after she was born so her entire lifetime has been spent with only her father. As her father has grown older, their roles have switched to where Belle now cares for Maurice. Belle has been finding the village life a bit boring recently and has turned to books for a brief escape to another world. Because of her love for books, the other villagers find her a bit odd. This has led to Belle feeling a bit insecure about herself.
    04-17-17_1-40-46c2a0pm.png?w=1200&h=&crop&ssl=1

Maurice Antoinette

Maurice has raised Belle as a single father since Belle was only a few days old. She has been the light of his life and he doesn't know what he would do without her. Maurice is an artist and a clock maker. He has supported his daughter and himself through his art and clocks. As he is getting to the end of his life, he would like to see his daughter settled.

They have been uploaded to the gallery as a family.

I love them! I can see the workshop now - clocks of all sizes everywhere!

• Options
    ***GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT***

Some people have submitted their characters already, but every spot is STILL open! Everyone will get the chance to share their characters, so get em in folks! :smiley:

• Options
    04-17-17_3-41-15c2a0pm.png?w=1200&h=&crop&ssl=1

Prince Adam Le Pew

Prince Adam was raised by his tyrant of a father after his mother's death. He grew to be exactly like his father. By the time his father died, Prince Adam was the second most hated man in the area, following only his father. It was because of the way he turned out and the way he treated other people that he became cursed. An evil woman from the village put a curse on him which turned him into a giant raccoon. The only way to break the curse is to find someone who can look past his outside and love him for who he is on the inside.
    04-17-17_3-44-36c2a0pm.png?w=1200&h=&crop&ssl=1
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I hope to have a few done for you in the next week. I love there is no deadline gives me lots of time to think about who I want to create and a back story.
  • Options
    04-17-17_4-34-02c2a0pm.png?w=656

Gaston Gaslight

Gaston was a soldier bound to protect the village. With all of the commendations he received, his head swelled. He became extremely self-centered. There is only one person aside from himself that he thinks about. Isabella. It's not that he is in love with her. He is incapable of loving anybody except himself. He sees Belle as the most beautiful girl in the village and thinks they will make cute babies. That is all he is concerned with.
    04-17-17_4-34-47c2a0pm.png?w=656

Louis Lefou is Gaston's right hand man. He is very loyal to Gaston. Some may even go as far as to say he is in love with Gaston. Some may say that idea is preposterous and Lefou is only envious of his friend.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656