Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beauty and the Beast ~ UPDATED CASTING CALL~ *SIMS 4 STORY*

Comments

• Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 793 Member
    I have a Belle and family up on the Gallery hash tagged #PrincessSimcess....here's their story. PhotoBucket worked once for me...maybe I'll post pics later anyway

Sabine Garceau (25yrs) hasn't really left the village she grew up in. She has always escaped in her books and dreams. Escape was often necessary due to the ridicule of her family growing up. Her parents were older. Her father was a army engineer who brought back to his home village a beautiful, but foreign wife. Rude comments were often made about her dark skin and cultural differences , but when she died birthing a second child the town stopped. Her father Laurent, became a inventor or a scientist shutting himself in for a days at a time leaving her to do much of the work of the farm and caring for Liam on her own. She grew up to be quite independent, brave and capable always ready to defend her family. Her beauty has become known and has had men lining up for her hand since her was 16. Now 25, since of the town feel she should be married already, but she has continually shot them down, wanting to marry for love and not wanting to be a trophy. Many who mistake Sabine's quiet demeanor for weakness are often taken back by her fiery rebuttals. Sabine is also very kind. She is often seen around town donating from her family's harvest or old books to needy families.

Liam Garceau (15yrs) is Sabine's younger, trouble prone brother. He's always been fascinated by the castle in the forest and he's always listened to his father and sister about not journeying out of sight but he has to find out what's out there...@PrincessSimcess I have more but I'm super sleepy just wanted to let you know they are available...
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hey guys. I am trying to save my household, but I keep on getting a message that a Sim's name or family name, or description contains a disallowed word. All I've done is give them names. Any ideas what might be wrong? Here's my list of names. By the way, I did try changing the name Champagne to another and I still got that message.

Minette Champagne

Tristan Gaspard

Agathe Charbonneau

Jean-Pierre Benoit

Léonie Tremblay

Margaux Tremblay

Timothé Lacroix

Khalid Daadaoui

🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Hey guys. I am trying to save my household, but I keep on getting a message that a Sim's name or family name, or description contains a disallowed word. All I've done is give them names. Any ideas what might be wrong? Here's my list of names. By the way, I did try changing the name Champagne to another and I still got that message.

Minette Champagne

Tristan Gaspard

Agathe Charbonneau

Jean-Pierre Benoit

Léonie Tremblay

Margaux Tremblay

Timothé Lacroix

Khalid Daadaoui

Could it be Gaspard or lacroix? I'm just spitballing here
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    Maddie Nelson -Mad Scientist
    Traits: Mean, Geek, Genius

[img][/img]6a24d1b0-2f13-4a33-9162-a68abfeae16e_zpse7qpq5l0.png

[img][/img]a0badec1-33a9-4579-b1bf-3f98a5fee5b8_zpsoljgbu1s.png

Maddie grew up an only child to very uninvolved parents. She'd always felt like an outcast growing up, feeling as though she was much smarter than her childish peers. Maddie then turned to science; it became her passion and only friend. She spent hours and hours in her homemade lab learning and creating. However, there was only so much that she could accomplish in her small lab. She learned of an apprenticeship in the mysterious castle and jumped at the opportunity. It was only a short amount of time before she'd outgrown her teacher and he'd mysteriously disappeared...
  • Options

Minette Champagne

Tristan Gaspard

Agathe Charbonneau

Jean-Pierre Benoit

Léonie Tremblay

Margaux Tremblay

Timothé Lacroix

Khalid Daadaoui

Could it be Gaspard or lacroix? I'm just spitballing here

Just tried those and it didn't make a difference. You'd think if it was considered a rude word, it would be changed to "plum" here.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    @kirasososweet massive looks AWESOME! So unassuming but then BAM. mad scientist. Love it, haha!

@mintycupcake guess you have a point there, haha! Have you figured it out? (Maybe try saving them to your library and redownload them??)

• Options
    @mintycupcake guess you have a point there, haha! Have you figured it out? (Maybe try saving them to your library and redownload them??)

I decided to systematically check each name. Fortunately, it was the very first name I checked. Apparently, the offensive name is Minette. Now I just have to figure out why.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    telexscopetelexscope Posts: 17 Member
    This is so cool! I'm gonna upload mine to the hashtag once I find the time for it :tongue:
  • Options
    Huh, well, I'm still stumped as to why Minette is offensive. Guess her name is Noémie now.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, the censor is weird. I named one of my sims C i d and it was censored.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    UeDzXX3.png
    Name: Aurélie Lévesque
    Traits: Materialistic, Hot-Headed, Snob

Aurélie grew up destitute thanks to the harsh taxation laws imposed by the King. While her family was suffering from hunger and want, she would always hear of the lavish balls and parties thrown in honor of the prince. This caused her to increasingly resent the royal family, until it eventually grew into outright loathing, especially for the spoiled prince. This also started a lifelong obsession with wealth and possessions, driving most of Aurélie's ambitions.

Having so few resources forced Aurélie to rely on her looks and wits to get by, cultivating a certain degree of vanity within her. She tends to value what's on the surface this way, refusing to deal with anyone she believes to be inferior in looks or station. This ruthlessness, along with her cunning, helped pave the way for a successful business, as well as wealth and prestige among the townsfolk. Today, Aurélie lives comfortably in a large home with servants to attend to her every whim.

However, none of this was ever enough. Aurélie always needed more. More wealth and prestige. Defying aging to preserve her good looks. And most of all, a desire to bring down the royal family for all the suffering they've caused. Once she manages to reach the now abandoned castle, maybe she can begin plotting the downfall of theprince and his allies.

(Feel free to modify her background if certain parts don't fit your story)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    UeDzXX3.png
    Name: Aurélie Lévesque
    Traits: Materialistic, Hot-Headed, Snob

Aurélie grew up destitute thanks to the harsh taxation laws imposed by the King. While her family was suffering from hunger and want, she would always hear of the lavish balls and parties thrown in honor of the prince. This caused her to increasingly resent the royal family, until it eventually grew into outright loathing, especially for the spoiled prince. This also started a lifelong obsession with wealth and possessions, driving most of Aurélie's ambitions.

Having so few resources forced Aurélie to rely on her looks and wits to get by, cultivating a certain degree of vanity within her. She tends to value what's on the surface this way, refusing to deal with anyone she believes to be inferior in looks or station. This ruthlessness, along with her cunning, helped pave the way for a successful business, as well as wealth and prestige among the townsfolk. Today, Aurélie lives comfortably in a large home with servants to attend to her every whim.

However, none of this was ever enough. Aurélie always needed more. More wealth and prestige. Defying aging to preserve her good looks. And most of all, a desire to bring down the royal family for all the suffering they've caused. Once she manages to reach the now abandoned castle, maybe she can begin plotting the downfall of theprince and his allies.

(Feel free to modify her background if certain parts don't fit your story)

Ooooh! She would definitely twist this story completely. I love her!

• Options
    I'm glad you like her. :)

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Here is what I have so far in terms of entries:

Protagonist & Family:
    Isabelle Antoinette (+ Maurice Antoinette) by @Skcaga6
    Sabine Garceau (+ Liam and Laurent) @Minez

The Beast:
    Xaine Exipelh by @Kethrydrake
    Prince Adam Le Pew by @Skcaga6

Antagonist:
    Tomas de Ojeda by @Kethrydrake
    Gaston Gaslight (+ Louis Lefou) by @Skcaga6
    Aurélie Lévesque by @icmnfrsh

Mad Scientist:
    Maddie Nelson by @Kirasososweet

Entertainer:
    Skyler Johnston by @Kethrydrake

Cook:
    No submissions

Maid:
    No submissions

Lady's Maid:
    Carrie Moreland by @PrincessSimcess

Extras:
    No submissions

If I've missed any of your submissions, just let me know! This list will be added to my top post so everyone can follow along :)

EDIT: Forgot to @ someone, oops!
    Post edited by PrincessSimcess on

• Options
    telexscopetelexscope Posts: 17 Member
    I made my servants!! It's... interesting to say the most..
  • Options
    telexscope wrote: »
    I made my servants!! It's... interesting to say the most..

Oooh, sounds exciting!

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Thought I'd enter one of my own creations just for fun!

Carrie Moreland was barely a young girl when her only brother was drafted into the King's army. Devastated, Carrie would stare out the window of her small home for days. Seeing her daughter cry constantly was heartbreaking for Mrs Moreland, so she devoted her time to keeping Carrie busy. Learning to sew, repair items, create fantastic hairstyles, and pick out the finest outfits on top of cleaning the house every day eventually allowed Carrie to move on.
    Until the knock came.
    Carrie's brother was declared missing in action - was he dead? No one knew. The only trace they had of him was his dogtag, which Carrie swore to wear every day until he returned.

Entered as a Lady's Maid.

33744200470_519ba20bd1_z_d.jpg

• Options
    OceanRose56OceanRose56 Posts: 47 Member
    Ooh, this looks fun! I'll try to work on some submissions soon. :blush:
    32526440414_e719483cf8_n.jpg

• Options
    kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    @PrincessSimcess Lol that's exactly what I was going for. I have a cook/chef as well but I wanted to wait to see if anyone else was going to do one.
  • Options
    @PrincessSimcess Lol that's exactly what I was going for. I have a cook/chef as well but I wanted to wait to see if anyone else was going to do one.

You should go for it!

• Options
    I think/ hope I'll have mine up tomorrow. I spent so long on them yesterday, I need a break to actually play tonight :D
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Just uploaded the Servants Household.

Jean-Luc runs the household. He's been everything before, first work for the masters parents as the gardener, the mixologist, the butler, and everything else. He is strict but fair and he and his wife Grace (the head chef) are like the masters surrogate parents.

Anya and her husband had been at the castle as long as Jean-Luc and Grace. He was the entertainer and she was the housemaid. He died recently.Their daughter Leona is has lived in the castle her whole life and is now the house maid. Anya now serves as the chambermaid/Ladies maid if the young master ever marries.

The newest addition to the household is Armon, a well-rounded entertainer who does anything for a smile. A necessity for the gloomy household.

They all love their master and feel duty bound to protect his secrets.

their on the gallery as House of Servants hashtagged #PrincessSimcess
    Post edited by MINEZ on
  • Options
    MINEZ wrote: »
    Just uploaded the Servants Household.

Jean-Luc runs the household. He's been everything before, first work for the masters parents as the gardener, the mixologist, the butler, and everything else. He is strict but fair and he and his wife Grace (the head chef) are like the masters surrogate parents.

Anya and her husband had been at the castle as long as Jean-Luc and Grace. He was the entertainer and she was the housemaid. Their daughter Leona is has lived in the castle her whole life and is now the house maid. Anya now serves as the chambermaid/Ladies maid if the young master ever marries.

The newest addition to the household is Armon, a well-rounded entertainer who does anything for a smile. A necessity for the gloomy household.

They all love their master and feel duty bound to protect his secrets.

their on the gallery as House of Servants hashtagged #PrincessSimcess

Oooh interesting! Jean-Luc would make a wonderful butler, I think. And the surrogate parents dynamic is super cool!

• Options
    I know right? I was thinking that someone had to help raise him and kind of be a parental figure
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited April 2017
    This is my submission for the protagonist.

sotklj.jpg

The pretty blonde is Arielle Welch, a girl who grew up loved and petted. She was the first born of her parents Gil and Janey Welch. They had been married for 15 years and sadly for all those years Janey was barren. They desperately wanted a child, but it had never been granted to them until one day Janey realized she was carrying a child. Gil and Janey were over the moon. Their prayers were finally answered. She could not have been prouder waddling around the house holding her stomach tenderly, and singing. Finally the day came. It was a girl they named Arielle. To their surprise after Arielle along came a boy they named Preston, another girl named Aubree, and their last child another girl named Susan. As thrilled as they were to have all four children, Arielle was their promised hoped for child and she held the highest place in their hearts. Arielle was petted by all. When Arielle was 5 years old their father got sick and died. This left Janey with no means of support and four kids to feed. A lot of times the kids went hungry, but her mother always made sure Arielle got food before the others. For two years their mother struggled digging through trash cans, picking up the odd sewing job and doing others laundry. It wasn’t enough. Finally Janey had to concede defeat. All the kids were suffering, especially Arielle. She decided to give up the kids for adoption. It broke her heart, but what else could she do? She was becoming weak herself from lack of food and doing the work to survive was becoming harder. So Janey took the kids to a local church and left them inside with a note telling them she hoped they would find good homes for all of them. As Janey turned to walk away her heart breaking Arielle screamed and cried in terror at being left. Janey’s heart was ripped in two, and she realized she couldn’t leave Arielle behind. So she took Arielle into her arms, told the other kids to wait there and she would be back for them and walked out the door never to see her kids again. Janey struggled taking care of Arielle until she got married again to a well to do man, and Arielle grew up into a beautiful young educated woman. A real girly girl who was very spoiled, somewhat of a snob, and loved beautiful clothes, but still had a good heart. She loved her mother and step-father very much and would always be grateful to them for the life they gave her. She was old enough to get married and wanted to find a good man like her real father to marry, and could give her the life she had become accustomed too. So far nobody measured up. Her mother was happy with her living with them, so she was in no rush to encourage her daughter to marry. Janey was so proud of her beautiful daughter. She did wonder from time to time what happened to Preston, Susan and Aubree, but she would not let thoughts of them torture her. She knew she had done the right thing as she was sure they all had a better life than she could have given them. She wanted to find them, but didn’t know how to even begin. She hoped to meet up with them someday so they all could be a big happy family. Janey wondered if Arielle ever thought of her siblings, she never mentioned them. To tell the truth Arielle had thought of them over the years, but it hurt so much that she had to finally stop thinking of them as it hurt too much. After all she couldn’t change what happened, but if she ever became reunited with them it would be the greatest joy of her life and she never lost hope of it happening.

2wq4wp4.jpg

Preston Welch, Arielle's brother.

2znua84.jpg

Susan Welch. Arielle's youngest sister.

2vkkeoy.jpg

Aubree Welch another sister of Arielle.

Post edited by Colorist40 on