Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Biggest Sims 4 Mistake So Far?

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Erpe
    They are not just interested in keeping the old players buying because players become older and buy less the older they become
    How exactly do you mean this? Because it's my experience it's the older simmers who buy easier than young players. For the simple reason they have more money.
    What is your experience about that? ;)
    How many teen children do you have?
    And what do you do when they ask for your accept to buy something "cheap" for one of their games? ;)

I tell them to get a job. They're teens. They can work. Buying them everything they want because it's cheap isn't teaching them anything.
    I don't actually know any parents who would do that. Instead they prefer to let them concentrate on their school or education. So they just give them money for games, sports or similar things they can do in their freetime. No parents who I know would tell them to take a job instead of focusing on their education and school.

I don't know, when I was younger I got pocket money for helping out on my parents farm. By time I was 16 I was encouraged to get a part time job either outside or work in the farm and get paid at the weekends. Nothing wrong with a Saturday job in addition to education.
    Times have changed and at least here in Denmark parents have much more money then they had a few decades ago. I remember a time too when parents sometimes didn't care about their children's educations and preferred that they left school as soon as possible to get a job instead. But I don't believe that this kind of parents even exist anymore.

Also downloads for games are now very cheap compared to the costs of everything else. So parents who prefer to see sour faces and to argue with their children about very few dollars instead of seeing happy faces and have peace in their family - have become very rare :)

Ok, I will take the bait!

Hello from Denmark here. My oldest child is 22, half way through med school and has had a part time job since she was 13 (and actually has 2 now). The same goes for her 17 year old brother, while my 11 year old can't wait until he turns 13, so he can earn his own money, and not have to put up with the meager gaming allowance he has. The 8 year old still only has plans of becoming a you tube star when she is old enough *shrug*.

Money has nothing to do with why I encourage my children to have part time jobs (well, not MY money anyway). Work ethic does. Being responsible and dependable is way easier to teach them the younger they are. Learning how to manage finances is important, and they get way more responsible with their money, when they have to work for it, rather than when they just receive allowances (I don't make them do chores for their allowance. Chores is something the whole family does, so we can all have time to spend together in a clean home. I have nothing against using allowances for chores, we just use them to teach a different lesson). And their initial dislike of taxes has taught them a lot about what our taxes actually pay for as well (oh, someone actually has to pay for that free education and free healthcare you are getting???).

Education doesn't have to suffer, because you have a part time job, but a job does take time away from something - and that isn't always a bad thing. They have to learn to manage their time wisely, and prioritize. They are good at it - I am not. Which is why I still play TS4... I never learned to give up on things. They played it for a couple of hours, then decided it wasn't worth their time.

The oldest 2 have played sims 2 and 3, alone and with their friends, while no one they know plays TS4. TS4 didn't entertain the youngest 2 for more than a couple of hours, so EA doesn't get any money from any of my children. The 11 yo got really excited a couple of months ago, when he realized I had TS3 though, as he had seen some youtubers he liked playing it, and he has been playing it since. TS4 is simply too easy for my kids (even pre-teens), and to them easy=boring. No risk, means no reward.
    Getting a responsible attitude to money isn't about that to my experience because my daughter and my brothers have always been very good at saving money for later. But I still remember my cousins who were my mother's older sister's children. She had a much more severe attitude about raising children than my parents and was quite tough. But the result was that when my cousin and his younger sister got their weekly money they always hurried down to the toy store because they wanted to use it all immediately. I still remember because I would never do such a thing.

So why did they do that? What was my aunt's mistake? I am in no doubt because her children surely had just discovered that if they had money and needed it for something they were always told to pay themselves. But if they didn't have money because they had used all their pocket money and if their parents approved about a thing that cost money then the parents paid for them anyway. So they learned that they could be punished for saving money and therefore never did it. I think that this still influenced their attitude to saving money quite a bit even after they became adults. So I would never have done such a thing to my daughter and she never got that attitude about using all her money as fast as possible :)

Raising children is much more complicated than what we can learn from the Sims games.

Who said anything about children not being complicated to raise?

You said you didn't know anyone in Denmark who would tell their children "to take a job instead of focusing on their education and school.". I don't know anyone who would do that either, but I just pointed out that I do live in Denmark, and don't think that it is one or the other. You can do both. And it is not rare at all.

But there is no point in me telling you how many of my childrens' friends work (hint, it is every single one of them), I'd rather you don't take my word for it. Instead of just thinking about your (apparently very unusual) social circle, or my very unscientific observation, you could look up some statistics. The problem with that is that after-school jobs are defined differently in every single study, and are often part of bigger studies (on how teenagers spend their free time). But the lowest frequency reported that I could find (on a national basis) is 63% of the 13-17 year olds have (or have had) a part time job within the last year. The number is 80% for 17 year olds. And that is with the strictest definition of a "job", which requires being employed and paid by a company. So babysitting, mowing lawns, or home-cleaning jobs don't count in that study. Other studies show that the frequency is highest for children in middle class families, in families where the parents have at least a 3 year university education and that the benefits of having a part-time job includes a much higher chance of finishing a university education (80%), than those who didn't have part time jobs (50%).

Have fun educating yourself on this area, and not to be condescending, but remember to consider the sources when looking up the statistics (so don't come back and tell me about the numbers reported by the job-site for teens who reports that every 4th after-school job has disappeared since the year 2000, "but here at xxxx we can help you find the one that is perfect for you!").

Personally, I think that amount of teens who work is a declining number (and the school reform in 2014 most certainly will have had a negative effect on the number), but most of them still work, and will continue to work, and pay for their own games.
    You just know different people than I do.

But I have to go back to my own schooltime to find something like what you describe. One of my friends then had a father who was very lazy but quite clever. He had a farm which he expanded (mainly by using some money that his wife had inherited). But he didn't work more himself than absolutely needed. So he hired a man who was a little plum but could work quite well under his guidance and he also got his young son to do as much work as possible. The man shouldn't have very much money because he was plum and his son became the most working and diligent boy that I ever knew. He left school as soon as possible and later inherited the farm. He was the exact opposite type of person compared to his dad and probably still is.

I also knew another such pupil in my class who took over his dad's farm. But I still don't remember anybody who had jobs outside their home. Well the only exception was a boy who's job it was to deliver newspapers to people ;)

But again: my own later experience are from families where at least one of the parents has a higher education. But I suspect that things work differently in families where both parents left school early or only got a short education themselves because I guess that it is only natural for such parents to care more about teaching their children to have jobs than to teach them about studying.

We should probably return to Sims 4 discussions instead :)

If you had actually looked up anything (and as the highly educated person, you claim to be, I would have expected you to want to base your statements on facts), you might have realized, that you could be totally wrong in your assumption that higher education, means you don't let your children work (btw, most teens WANT to work, according to the studies, they are not made to work. And the first study I mentioned was from 2011. Not as recent as I would like it to be, but not decades ago). And just for reference: I do have a higher education :wink:
    I have worked as a highschool teacher for years and my colleges have always been much more interested in teaching their kids about how to study than in teaching them to have jobs. My own experience also tells me that if you concentrate on teaching your kids about having jobs and work then you increase the chance that they will drop out of later educations and to want to immediately earn money instead which wasn't at all what I wanted my own daughter to do.

I mentioned my cousin earlier and told how he always used all his weekly pocket money on the day he got them while he was a kid. His attitude didn't change later. So he immediately dropped out of school when he could and became a carpenter. Also later in his life he didn't like to save money up. But it was important for him to earn money all the time and to use money all the time.

So if you give your children the habit of earning money by having jobs very early and to use that money then you are very lucky if they choose to have a longer education anyway because they will hate to lose that income and to study instead.

Personally I only had jobs in a few summer months in the first part of my university education and only if I really needed the money because I preferred to study instead. Then I got a part time job as a student teacher for younger university students later. But I don't think that I ever would have finished my studies if I had got used to having more money earlier in my life.
    But sure, lets get back to TS4. I won't be baited again... hopefully :wink:
    Agreed :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    All the people in my family have college educations - as do I and my hubby. as do my children. In USA you don't get very far without a BA or Masters degree at the very least. It makes me a bit nuts that Sims 4 still does not have University - yet they offer careers that are only possible with a college education. All my sims kids go to college in the Sims 2 and 3.

My parents live quite comfortably. Sorry you don't have your parents around any more Erpe. I am glad mine are still around and pretty healthy. Mom has some dementia so they don't travel like they used to - they traveled a lot for many years - to Italy, UK, France - where ever the notion beckoned them to go. Without a good education in the USA you don't live well like my parents have unless you are extremely lucky and fortunate somehow. LOL. It is like a part of ordinary life for many of us. The day each of my kids were born we started their college fund as it is quite expensive and like it was for me and my brother - I also did not want my kids to start off higher learning with a college loan on their heads.

My parents are from small towns in MT and now they are business owners of a company that my momma started from the ground up. They do pretty darn well. I s'pose it is rare @Writin_Reg, but then you only have to look at people like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg...they didn't finish their educations. So it does happen.

I agree though, I think private school and university should be in all iterations early on. They add a realistic element to the game.

Oh I know it happens - like it happened for your parents - My dads parents were self made success stories through starting with a single business that became a chain of businesses - but statistically they had the right product at the right time, the same as Bill Gates found as a teen with computers - he and friends had visions of making them useful to the common person and not just a tool. Mark Z took an idea how to use the information highway friendly for everyone and not just big business. Kids with big ideas that found a way to make it happen. As I said those are rare and often requires being in the right place at the right time, having a vision, and actually moving forward with that vision. For the majority of people though they do not have those rare moments open to them - but yes the computer age itself has continued to advance and make billionaires out of people like no other industry. The only things to rival those is the automotive, aircraft, and television industries in the last 100 years. It is indeed the luck of the draw and being in the right place at the right time with the right idea. It still happens - Look at Harry Potter series etc - but it is still rare for the biggest number of people. That said for the rest of us well if we want to guarantee our own futures success most of us need a good education in some field we hope to at least live decently in the future from. The majority of us have all probably had some great idea at one time or the other - but for what ever reason - we did not become another Bill Gates. LOL.

But my point of course is the game - it should not offer things like doctor and scientists before they offer better schooling and University. I can see home based jobs, police, fireman, armed forces, even farming, and small business owners, beauticians etc - I mean to get this far into the game with careers not possible in real life without degrees and still not adding University - is just crazy.

All that said - I am glad your parents had a dream and succeeded in making it happen. That is always a good thing to see. I love it when people can reach what ever goals they set in life successfully. I love hearing about things like that. Bless them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    @Erpe
    They are not just interested in keeping the old players buying because players become older and buy less the older they become
    How exactly do you mean this? Because it's my experience it's the older simmers who buy easier than young players. For the simple reason they have more money.
    And what do you do when they ask for your accept to buy something "cheap" for one of their games? ;)

I tell them to get a job. They're teens. They can work. Buying them everything they want because it's cheap isn't teaching them anything.
    I don't actually know any parents who would do that. Instead they prefer to let them concentrate on their school or education. So they just give them money for games, sports or similar things they can do in their freetime. No parents who I know would tell them to take a job instead of focusing on their education and school.

I don't know, when I was younger I got pocket money for helping out on my parents farm. By time I was 16 I was encouraged to get a part time job either outside or work in the farm and get paid at the weekends. Nothing wrong with a Saturday job in addition to education.
    Times have changed and at least here in Denmark parents have much more money then they had a few decades ago. I remember a time too when parents sometimes didn't care about their children's educations and preferred that they left school as soon as possible to get a job instead. But I don't believe that this kind of parents even exist anymore.

Also downloads for games are now very cheap compared to the costs of everything else. So parents who prefer to see sour faces and to argue with their children about very few dollars instead of seeing happy faces and have peace in their family - have become very rare :)

Hello from Denmark here. My oldest child is 22, half way through med school and has had a part time job since she was 13 (and actually has 2 now). The same goes for her 17 year old brother, while my 11 year old can't wait until he turns 13, so he can earn his own money, and not have to put up with the meager gaming allowance he has. The 8 year old still only has plans of becoming a you tube star when she is old enough *shrug*.

Money has nothing to do with why I encourage my children to have part time jobs (well, not MY money anyway). Work ethic does. Being responsible and dependable is way easier to teach them the younger they are. Learning how to manage finances is important, and they get way more responsible with their money, when they have to work for it, rather than when they just receive allowances (I don't make them do chores for their allowance. Chores is something the whole family does, so we can all have time to spend together in a clean home. I have nothing against using allowances for chores, we just use them to teach a different lesson). And their initial dislike of taxes has taught them a lot about what our taxes actually pay for as well (oh, someone actually has to pay for that free education and free healthcare you are getting???).

Education doesn't have to suffer, because you have a part time job, but a job does take time away from something - and that isn't always a bad thing. They have to learn to manage their time wisely, and prioritize. They are good at it - I am not. Which is why I still play TS4... I never learned to give up on things. They played it for a couple of hours, then decided it wasn't worth their time.

The oldest 2 have played sims 2 and 3, alone and with their friends, while no one they know plays TS4. TS4 didn't entertain the youngest 2 for more than a couple of hours, so EA doesn't get any money from any of my children. The 11 yo got really excited a couple of months ago, when he realized I had TS3 though, as he had seen some youtubers he liked playing it, and he has been playing it since. TS4 is simply too easy for my kids (even pre-teens), and to them easy=boring. No risk, means no reward.
    Getting a responsible attitude to money isn't about that to my experience because my daughter and my brothers have always been very good at saving money for later. But I still remember my cousins who were my mother's older sister's children. She had a much more severe attitude about raising children than my parents and was quite tough. But the result was that when my cousin and his younger sister got their weekly money they always hurried down to the toy store because they wanted to use it all immediately. I still remember because I would never do such a thing.

So why did they do that? What was my aunt's mistake? I am in no doubt because her children surely had just discovered that if they had money and needed it for something they were always told to pay themselves. But if they didn't have money because they had used all their pocket money and if their parents approved about a thing that cost money then the parents paid for them anyway. So they learned that they could be punished for saving money and therefore never did it. I think that this still influenced their attitude to saving money quite a bit even after they became adults. So I would never have done such a thing to my daughter and she never got that attitude about using all her money as fast as possible :)

Raising children is much more complicated than what we can learn from the Sims games.

You said you didn't know anyone in Denmark who would tell their children "to take a job instead of focusing on their education and school.". I don't know anyone who would do that either, but I just pointed out that I do live in Denmark, and don't think that it is one or the other. You can do both. And it is not rare at all.

But there is no point in me telling you how many of my childrens' friends work (hint, it is every single one of them), I'd rather you don't take my word for it. Instead of just thinking about your (apparently very unusual) social circle, or my very unscientific observation, you could look up some statistics. The problem with that is that after-school jobs are defined differently in every single study, and are often part of bigger studies (on how teenagers spend their free time). But the lowest frequency reported that I could find (on a national basis) is 63% of the 13-17 year olds have (or have had) a part time job within the last year. The number is 80% for 17 year olds. And that is with the strictest definition of a "job", which requires being employed and paid by a company. So babysitting, mowing lawns, or home-cleaning jobs don't count in that study. Other studies show that the frequency is highest for children in middle class families, in families where the parents have at least a 3 year university education and that the benefits of having a part-time job includes a much higher chance of finishing a university education (80%), than those who didn't have part time jobs (50%).

Have fun educating yourself on this area, and not to be condescending, but remember to consider the sources when looking up the statistics (so don't come back and tell me about the numbers reported by the job-site for teens who reports that every 4th after-school job has disappeared since the year 2000, "but here at xxxx we can help you find the one that is perfect for you!").

Personally, I think that amount of teens who work is a declining number (and the school reform in 2014 most certainly will have had a negative effect on the number), but most of them still work, and will continue to work, and pay for their own games.

But I have to go back to my own schooltime to find something like what you describe. One of my friends then had a father who was very lazy but quite clever. He had a farm which he expanded (mainly by using some money that his wife had inherited). But he didn't work more himself than absolutely needed. So he hired a man who was a little plum but could work quite well under his guidance and he also got his young son to do as much work as possible. The man shouldn't have very much money because he was plum and his son became the most working and diligent boy that I ever knew. He left school as soon as possible and later inherited the farm. He was the exact opposite type of person compared to his dad and probably still is.

I also knew another such pupil in my class who took over his dad's farm. But I still don't remember anybody who had jobs outside their home. Well the only exception was a boy who's job it was to deliver newspapers to people ;)

But again: my own later experience are from families where at least one of the parents has a higher education. But I suspect that things work differently in families where both parents left school early or only got a short education themselves because I guess that it is only natural for such parents to care more about teaching their children to have jobs than to teach them about studying.

If you had actually looked up anything (and as the highly educated person, you claim to be, I would have expected you to want to base your statements on facts), you might have realized, that you could be totally wrong in your assumption that higher education, means you don't let your children work (btw, most teens WANT to work, according to the studies, they are not made to work. And the first study I mentioned was from 2011. Not as recent as I would like it to be, but not decades ago). And just for reference: I do have a higher education :wink:
    I have worked as a highschool teacher for years and my colleges have always been much more interested in teaching their kids about how to study than in teaching them to have jobs. My own experience also tells me that if you concentrate on teaching your kids about having jobs and work then you increase the chance that they will drop out of later educations and to want to immediately earn money instead which wasn't at all what I wanted my own daughter to do.

I mentioned my cousin earlier and told how he always used all his weekly pocket money on the day he got them while he was a kid. His attitude didn't change later. So he immediately dropped out of school when he could and became a carpenter. Also later in his life he didn't like to save money up. But it was important for him to earn money all the time and to use money all the time.

So if you give your children the habit of earning money by having jobs very early and to use that money then you are very lucky if they choose to have a longer education anyway because they will hate to lose that income and to study instead.

Personally I only had jobs in a few summer months in the first part of my university education and only if I really needed the money because I preferred to study instead. Then I got a part time job as a student teacher for younger university students later. But I don't think that I ever would have finished my studies if I had got used to having more money earlier in my life.

I see it as exactly the opposite. Earning their own money can sometimes be the motivation to continue in higher education.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Erpe

I see it as exactly the opposite. Earning their own money can sometimes be the motivation to continue in higher education.

Exactly - that is what I have seen in my own self, my kids, and practically everyone I know. In fact I don't even have any friends who have teens that don't work. All the teens in my family hold some kind of week-end job with even a few who work after school as well for a couple hours. One friend of mines son had a job through out high school at the local Pharmacy and when he graduated he went to Orono college( The University of Maine) 4 years and later Dartmouth to study becoming a Pharmacists. My best friend since I was 12 used to work week ends for the SPCA and she went on to college to become a Veterinarian. So sometimes those week-end and summer jobs help kids see what they actually want to do in the future. They get direction when they have no idea what they want to become. I say it is all a big plus - not a negative to encourage and support our kids to get jobs to not only earn their pocket money but to find themselves.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited April 2017
    @Erpe

Sure, because everyone's dream is to be a shelf-filler forever for €10 an hour.
    My experience always was that the people who dropped out looked for better jobs than that. As a teen my experience was that they became carpenters, electricians, farmers or something like that. Later at the university they became salesmen, bridge teachers or started a shorter education to become teacher for 7 yrs old kids.
    Why are you always hijacking topics with personal hobbyhorses?
    It was you who just again attempted to get your hobbyhorse into a topic which didn't interest you. But if you want to stop all discussions where you don't agree then it is a much better strategy to stay out of them than to enter them and just just prolong them! ;)
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    aiex wrote: »
    The Sims 4 has received a lot of backlash, and it seems like lots of players are unhappy with the game.

So, my question is, what has been the biggest mistake TS4 team has made so far?

These are all related to one another and gameplay. Traits don't matter as much as other games, emotions are not that consequential, and a lack of real consequences. Such as Sims should remember who they hate, as in older games just as a teeny example. All three of the things I mentioned are important to how someone views if the game is fun or not. Happy, happy and no memory at all for the Sim isn't much of a challenge. Nor does it endear a Sim to a player. (People were vested in their Sims) Without consequences of life and death decisions it's hardly that endearing.

I have been trying to figure out what it is exactly that makes 4 a step down from 3 and 2 and you hit it on the head, we are not as invested in our sims 4 characters for some reason. I know I'm not. I had this one family in 3 and after a lovely patch they broke. I could not fix them and had no back up. It had never happened before, I stopped playing for months as I mourned that loss. If I lose a sims 4 family I just shrug and make another one. Weird.

Omg same, when I lost a sims 3 part i was crying of rage. :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited April 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg I guess EA feels like watering down creativity in this version of the sims for the new vision and new players. It takes guts to make cuts..

Well I'd say a huge chunk of their creator type players will not call the cuts gutty - just more like a bit insane as they are not very happy at all and as of yet the game offers them no play at all because they are creators of maps and hoods etc - sculpting landscaping and all the things they love about the Sims do not exist. They are also popular simmers and the ones that most drew players in with their amazing work. I miss all the choices of those user created worlds and the unique amazing hoods they create. I think even this game could have been better if the world creators had not been left out. Imagine even in small worlds what it would be like to literally all those creators also making us hoods and places for our sims. When the creators lose - we all lose.

In my Sims 3 game I have all the worlds created by Maxis and the store and over 45 user created worlds I enjoy - I never lack space - I want more space and new places for my sims I download them and there they are. We should not have to wait and plead for space and worlds - our wonderful creators helped make Sims 2 and 3 better than the Maxis teams could by all they created. They cannot play their game as their play is creating - and as I said - we all lose when they lose.

That is not gutty of Maxis - that is pretty much insanity.

I couldn't agree more! There are plenty of things that I like very much about Sims4, the graphics of the Sims themselves is one of them. Animations, toddlers, CAS, some elements of build mode..all are greatly improved.
    But for me the immersion and creativity is DEAD. Not that the content is poor, not at all, the Guru's as always do a great job..and I appreciate that.
    But, having CAW, having edit town & terrain tools...this is what made TS3 over the top phenomenal. I think that it's ironic that the hype of TS4 was YOU RULE, when in so many ways, we don't. I recall that when this rolled out the emphasis was on the game, on playing the game. But one look at the gallery and it's obvious that players are still trying to build and control other elements of the game environment through building...so I'm mystified that the decision was ever made to limit creative control over the game environment.

I often go back to TS3, to create worlds, buy things that I overlooked in the past , download player creations and delve into Island Paradise, Into the Future, Seasons.... I love the variety and texture of that game. In a perfect world, I'd be able to put my Sims4 Sims & animations into TS3...and I'd be good to go forever.

Post edited by noodlesandme on
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited April 2017
    Firstly, I'd say releasing it unfinished without toddlers & pools. Secondly, no personal attributes to sims that distinguishes them from one another besides traits (by this, I mean the game having no turn on's or turn off's, no favorite color/food/music, no zodiac signs). The only thing that distinguishes sims in personality besides traits is walking styles, but even so, there's only so many of those, eh? Although, I like the walking styles, I think we should get something a bit more extra to make sims more unique from one another. Thirdly - this involves the previous Sims 4 mistake - but it's a mistake to only change the world around our sims and not adding significant personal changes to our sims with each EP that's released. Many folks have a disconnect from sims in this iteration for that very reason.

I know this only asked for one mistake, but I gave more than one and a (sort of) hint at a suggestion.

Edited: I never knew how much I appreciated those little things about personality quirks/idiosyncrasies until they weren't included this iteration.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes, for that a game sims is solid, there have to make sims with real personnality.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No toddlers was Sims 4 biggest mistake now that we have them I would say the biggest mistake remaining is no way to edit the world or create one of our own.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    LewisToccoLewisTocco Posts: 1 New Member
    With Sims 4 i felt like playing a Kids Version of Sims 3. Missing customization options that were awesome, missing content (Why limit the game space to one lot!? D: Geeeez..) and that whole PG13 just made things worse, just add some age based filters/configs and everyone 'd be super happy, i'm not saying that i'd be easy but we are not looking for the easy way out right EA?
  • Options
    KatieVapezz97KatieVapezz97 Posts: 36 Member
    I think they made a mistake taking away the colour wheel and custom patterns for clothes and fabric, I absolutely loved being able to design my own clothes on there, or even wall papers, carpets etc like on TS3.

I also think they made a mistake not being able to travel around the world freely, Like you could on TS3 by bike, walking or car, I used to love being able to explore the world exactly how I wanted.
  • Options
    FredcatFredcat Posts: 52 Member
    No open world is what bothers me the most about this game and how much smaller the worlds are. I used to like to have my Sim jog, bike, hoverboard, drive, ride a horse etc. to destinations on the other side of the world in Sims3. Now I can't even visit the next door apartment without a loading screen. I realize the did that because Sims3 would get progressively laggier with more bugged objects, but mods like nras could clean that up just by clicking on city hall. I don't see why they couldn't just code the clean ups into the base game or code it so the bugged objects don't happen to begin with.
  • Options
    kristal2424kristal2424 Posts: 131 Member
    no open world and babies can't leave bassinet
  • Options
    Fredcat wrote: »
    No open world is what bothers me the most about this game and how much smaller the worlds are. I used to like to have my Sim jog, bike, hoverboard, drive, ride a horse etc. to destinations on the other side of the world in Sims3. Now I can't even visit the next door apartment without a loading screen. I realize the did that because Sims3 would get progressively laggier with more bugged objects, but mods like nras could clean that up just by clicking on city hall. I don't see why they couldn't just code the clean ups into the base game or code it so the bugged objects don't happen to begin with.
    Their problem obviously was that the multitasking was hard for the game already. So to combine it with the problems that the open world gave for TS3 would likely have been too much.

Maybe the problems could have been solved. But EA doesn't get paid for bug fixes and therefore probably doesn't want to use more money on making such things than absolutely necessary ;)
  • Options
    broadway_baby4lifebroadway_baby4life Posts: 12 New Member
    The build/buy mode. There are a few things that are more convenient, but other things that make me want to pull out my hair.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    I think there's something wrong with the time system of this game. Some actions take hours! I wish time were slower. Days should be longer and sims should be faster when they do things. I'm tired of having to fulfill their needs all the time, my sims are always hungry, sleepy and dirty. >:(
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have learned to love TS4 after a shaky start. I ended up playing it more than TS3 - but, having gone back to 3, wish there was a cross between the two. 4 makes me SO frustrated as the attention span is virtually zero. I noticed this when I went back and played 3 and lined up all the families "things to do"and they did them. In 4, everything gets cancelled out, and you're chasing them around to get them do what you want - as in have breakfast, toilet, shower, go to work - simple tasks. They get water, stand doing nothing, wander off to exercise, play on the computer, dance in front of the radio - it becomes like too much hard work getting them to do anything.
    Am appreciating TS3 again, and getting way less frustrated playing it - and you don't play a game to get frustrated, it's supposed to be enjoyable.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Pandasim2 wrote: »
    Biggest mistake in my opinion was removing the open neighborhood and the color wheels. It was a huge downgrade from The Sims 3. The game is back to staring at loading screens and so limited on design and customization now.

I know many are upset by the lack of color wheel and open world, but I must say that not having to mod my game to bits just to make it run in the lowest settings makes me happy. I've got a new, upgraded gaming rig now days that has run (and run well) every other game I've played on it but it still lags to heck and back with TS3's open world. Maybe its not the open world that's the problem there...I have no idea, but TS4 plays flawlessly. And I don't mind the color wheel so much because creating recolors of things for TS4 is so simple to do with Sims4Studio or some such program. But I can appreciate how the lack of those things affects others and why it'd be missed horribly.

For me, the biggest thing I wish for has already been shot down I think...Terrain tools. I miss them and wish I could have them back for landscaping.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    The Small amount of swatches we have should be improved, some items have so little they become useless and some have a lot but are missing colors, every item should contain all colors, red, pink, a light purple and a dark purple, black, white, grey, green, yellow, orange brown, a light blue and a dark blue, lets see did I forget any colors, not sure, another problem is wood color, I want more cherry wood colors, almost all contains a light brown a dark brown a white, black and some mid-tone browns, but cherry color wood looks the best and it's rare in this game. It was kind of rare in the sims 3 but you could copy style which I used a lot when I came to wood color, I prefer the red tinted wood to most of the wood we have in the sims 4. In general we just need more color, and more wall patterns for base game stuff. I'm just glad they added some new lights this week but still, we need more color swatches.

And more longer hair, we have a tone of short hair everywhere, I need more long hair, and some curly and Afro long hair, I would love a simi-straight pulled back Afro ponytail that was more wavy looking than tight afro curl. Too bad I can't post pictures....
  • Options
    NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    > @NamikoKawa said:
    > The Small amount of swatches we have should be improved, some items have so little they become useless and some have a lot but are missing colors, every item should contain all colors, red, pink, a light purple and a dark purple, black, white, grey, green, yellow, orange brown, a light blue and a dark blue, lets see did I forget any colors, not sure, another problem is wood color, I want more cherry wood colors, almost all contains a light brown a dark brown a white, black and some mid-tone browns, but cherry color wood looks the best and it's rare in this game. It was kind of rare in the sims 3 but you could copy style which I used a lot when I came to wood color, I prefer the red tinted wood to most of the wood we have in the sims 4. In general we just need more color, and more wall patterns for base game stuff. I'm just glad they added some new lights this week but still, we need more color swatches.
    >
    > And more longer hair, we have a tone of short hair everywhere, I need more long hair, and some curly and Afro long hair, I would love a long simi-straight pulled back Afro ponytail that was more wavy looking than tight afro curl. Too bad I can't post pictures....

And I wish there was a way to find ottomen seats better, I like to use them in some rooms in my builds, or renovated and/or upgraded houses, and most times I forget where to find them until I remember to go to comfort, misc. I thing ottomen work better in bedrooms than sofa and lovesets. And Beds and clothing, counters especially need more swatches.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    My personal opinions of the hugest mistakes and flaws of the game:

-Lack of Toddlers at Launch. What in the world were they thinking?!

-Lack of true open neighborhoods (or open enough for no loading screens at nearby visiting houses).

-Lack of big worlds

-Missing base content from past few games

-Meaningless traits and really bad Sims reaction AI

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Personally, I feel the biggest mistake was releasing TS4 without waiting until it was released including ghosts, pools, and toddlers.