Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't edit townies using cas.fulleditmode anymore?

PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
If I recall... you could enter the cas.fulleditmode cheat, shift-click on any sim, whether they were in your household or not, and edit them directly in CAS.

Since the patch, I don't seem to be able to do this anymore. I'd aged up a male townie child with the birthday cake on the same day my child was aging up. Unfortunately, the male teens getting female voices hasn't gotten fixed yet, but I thought, no problem, I'll just use the cheat and change his voice. It does take me into CAS -- but for the household, not the townie. I seem to recall I was able to do this directly before.

I know I can go into manage households and edit the townie that way, but that takes a lot more clicks :(

Comments

• Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2017
    Did you put in "testingcheats on" before putting in the full edit cheat? That's what enables the shift + click.

Edit: nvm. Reread your post. Sounds like you're doing it correctly, hmm. I'll have to try this out in my game
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Okay, so I just tried this in my game, and the same exact thing happened to me. I went in as the Munch family, went to a community lot, entered the cheat, tried editing Raj Rasoya, and CAS brought me to the Munch family instead.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Okay, so I just tried this in my game, and the same exact thing happened to me. I went in as the Munch family, went to a community lot, entered the cheat, tried editing Raj Rasoya, and CAS brought me to the Munch family instead.

This sounds like a bug, then. I think this is an officially supported cheat? But maybe not. Might be worth reporting at http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs anyway, and in Bugs here.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    Yes its broken. Right after i installed the patch yesterday first thing i did was go into the game and saw a sim walking down the street in ugly clothes. As always i tried to edit her and it kept taking my household into CAS instead. I checked online this morning and saw peopke on other sites reporting this issue as well. Annoying. I liked editing townies because some of the male townies had female swimsuits on in CAS and i had to change them. Plus I liked editing the townies formal clothing for weddings.
  • Options
    Has anyone had a chance to check if the MC Command Center function for opening a townie etc. in CAS is working?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

This sounds like a bug, then. I think this is an officially supported cheat? But maybe not. Might be worth reporting at http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs anyway, and in Bugs here.

I've also noticed (since way before the patch) that if I go into CAS to edit a family that I actively play, but while playing a different one, once I leave CAS, all of the sudden I'm controlling the household of the sim I just edited. Hope I described that okay, lol.
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member

I've also noticed (since way before the patch) that if I go into CAS to edit a family that I actively play, but while playing a different one, once I leave CAS, all of the sudden I'm controlling the household of the sim I just edited. Hope I described that okay, lol.

That use to happen to me a long time ago but then it stopped. I had guessed that they patched it seeing as I haven't had that issue in awhile.
  • Options

That use to happen to me a long time ago but then it stopped. I had guessed that they patched it seeing as I haven't had that issue in awhile.

Yep. It think that was in January or February's patch. Drove me crazy too.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Fix it please! I use this cheat regularly to beautify my neighborhood. I have the same issue.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Has anyone had a chance to check if the MC Command Center function for opening a townie etc. in CAS is working?

It works for me, but not if I just click on them as one would without the mod.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member

MCCC took me to family in CAS when I tried to edit someone visiting the family.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    We're able to reproduce the same thing, thanks for the reports!

So glad you are on this. Thank you! :smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Skcaga6 wrote: »

Dang. Ok, thanks!
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

Can you PLEASE look into BOTH glitches that were addressed in this post!? Not only is "cas.fulleditmode" not working, but the teen males having female voices by default is also VERY annoying... please fix that issue as well. It's been there for months without being looked into or addressed by the developers... and MANY people have been complaining about it.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

Can you PLEASE look into BOTH glitches that were addressed in this post!? Not only is "cas.fulleditmode" not working, but the teen males having female voices by default is also VERY annoying... please fix that issue as well. It's been there for months without being looked into or addressed by the developers... and MANY people have been complaining about it.

Yes @SimGuruNick this is rather annoying.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

If you use MCCC to edit a townie and there is more than one in a household, don't it always take you to family in CAS. It always has for me if there is more then one in an household.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member

As far as my limited testing goes, using the 'On-Sim' MC Menu to edit an NPC works as it is supposed to. I have been to CAS and back with several NPCs that were wandering about.

If I use Shift+Click to bring up the testing cheats Pie Menu and try edit the NPC in CAS, then I get sent to the Active Household in CAS and not the NPC even with MC loaded.

• Options
    Cyclelegs wrote: »

As far as my limited testing goes, using the 'On-Sim' MC Menu to edit an NPC works as it is supposed to. I have been to CAS and back with several NPCs that were wandering about.

If I use Shift+Click to bring up the testing cheats Pie Menu and try edit the NPC in CAS, then I get sent to the Active Household in CAS and not the NPC even with MC loaded.

Yeah when I used the cheat code and not the mod I couldn't even shift-click on the sim when using the cas.fulleditmode. The mod works just fine though even without the cheat code.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    So... does it still work for worldmanagement->edit household? I hope so, there are some horrible cases of fashion failures I've got to fix tomorrow ^^
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member

If you use MCCC to edit a townie and there is more than one in a household, don't it always take you to family in CAS. It always has for me if there is more then one in an household.

It did not take me to the family of the townie I was trying to edit. It took me to my own active family.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options

It did not take me to the family of the townie I was trying to edit. It took me to my own active family.

I understand what you mean now. For me I don't even have the option to click on the Sim. I can hover over them and interact with them in live mode. but once I put in the cheat code and use shift, I can't click on them.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    So... does it still work for worldmanagement->edit household? I hope so, there are some horrible cases of fashion failures I've got to fix tomorrow ^^

Yes, that still does work. I did that when I wasn't able to use the cheat. But I do hope they fix the cheat, it's a lot faster.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    So currently, there's no way to CAS-edit sims that are not members of the active family? No workarounds? Neither MC nor normal cheats will do it?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top