Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a new venue for bowling or not

jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
Like the title says. I was reading some posts which claims there will be a new venue, however reading the tweets on @SimGuruGraham there seems to be no new venue just new actions for the venues you already have if you put in a bowling alley. Since there are not enough lots, for new venues. So have I read this wrong or not. This is going to make me rethink the purchase. Although for ten dollars what did I expect. And they do have a point there is not enough room. But also why is it our fault there is not enough room? Well it just has me rethinking the pack that is all. Any thought? I was going to do a giveaway for. This stuff pack as I usually do, but if I am not satisfied with the pack I will not give it away, if it is a waste of money
Please fill me in

Comments

• Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I think what people are confusing is the pre-built bowling alley that's going to be in our library and an actual bowling alley venue type. We are not getting a new venue type, just a pre-built alley that we can place, and putting the lanes on a community lot will change the behavior of NPC's so that they come and bowl.

Hope that helps clarify ;)
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    ^ This. The pack includes a pre-built bowling alley.

From the blog:
    And while the Mansion Baron Sims out there may choose to add a set of private lanes to their home, your average Sim wants a local bowling alley where they can meet. The Oasis Springs Dust Bowl comes ready to be placed into your world, or you can convert any Bar, Nightclub, or Lounge into a fully functioning alley.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-bowling-night-stuff-announce
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    nope.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Seems there is one -

Graham Nardone‏ @SimGuruGraham

.@Vane_Sims The Oasis Springs Dust Bowl lot that comes with Bowling Night is 30x20 in size (short side facing the street).

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Seems there is one -

Graham Nardone‏ @SimGuruGraham

.@Vane_Sims The Oasis Springs Dust Bowl lot that comes with Bowling Night is 30x20 in size (short side facing the street).

And this is what I'm referring to, there's a difference between a venue TYPE and simply a pre-built lot placed in our libraries. Easy to confuse :) personally, I like the idea of objects attracting Sims to use them rather than a venue type, so that you can have more going on at that particular lot. I hope they continue to program stuff this way.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Maybe with this new system we're getting closer to getting combined lot types.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    There is not a specific lot type for bowling alleys, but they did include a pre built bowling alley lot in your library for you to place in the game. It can't get clearer than that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    I think what people are confusing is the pre-built bowling alley that's going to be in our library and an actual bowling alley venue type. We are not getting a new venue type, just a pre-built alley that we can place, and putting the lanes on a community lot will change the behavior of NPC's so that they come and bowl.

I'm curious what venue type it is. Is it a bar,lounge or nightclub?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I suggest asking Graham as he is the one who posted that on twitter in reply to Emma Vane.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I suggest asking Graham as he is the one who posted that on twitter in reply to Emma Vane.

I just did thank you.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    There might be a new lot one could download, but there is not a new venue type. There is however a new venue behavior that comes with the new bowling pack. Which means that Sims will come to your lot specifically to bowl. The thing with venue behaviors that I have noticed that they work best when those objects work best when placed on lots they were originally designed to be placed on. Mostly they get ignored but you might have the occasional sim who comes to use them. So regarding another tweet by Graham, my guess bowling lanes will work best when placed on bar, nightclub and lounge lots.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    There might be a new lot one could download, but there is not a new venue type. There is however a new venue behavior that comes with the new bowling pack. Which means that Sims will come to your lot specifically to bowl. The thing with venue behaviors that I have noticed that they work best when those objects work best when placed on lots they were originally designed to be placed on. Mostly they get ignored but you might have the occasional sim who comes to use them. So regarding another tweet by Graham, my guess bowling lanes will work best when placed on bar, nightclub and lounge lots.

Not a new venue type but there is a Venue Called Dustbowl coming with the Bowling Night Sp.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yay!! I'm super excited to hear that we're getting a premade bowling alley. :)
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited March 2017
    No, no new Venue "type" - only a pre-built Venue that will be in your Library. :)

I just wanted to also add, that the new Patch that came out today, includes this NEW Lot Trait! :*
    "A New

[|*]A small new snuck it’s way in, as teens are apt to do – you can now assign the Teen Hangout trait to your lot.

Create a popular hangout at the ol’ bowling alley, the shops, or just an abandoned home…
    It’s like teen catnip.
    "

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914818/march-23-2017-patch-notes#latest
  • Options

From what I read in the tweets there is no venue for our library, they decided that we are too put the alleys where we want to as there is no room for a new venue. So I am trying to clarify if I am correct in that assumption. As they are claiming there is no room in the game for a separate venue
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »

From what I read in the tweets there is no venue for our library, they decided that we are too put the alleys where we want to as there is no room for a new venue. So I am trying to clarify if I am correct in that assumption. As they are claiming there is no room in the game for a separate venue

No that's wrong. Graham specifically said were getting the Dust Bowl Venue and it will be in our library to place.
  • Options

I guess I misread the tweets as I suspected. Thanks for clarification
  • Options

Not a new venue type but there is a Venue Called Dustbowl coming with the Bowling Night Sp.

That is true. It is one we can download but it isn't a new venue type. I think that is what people are confused about.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

That is true. It is one we can download but it isn't a new venue type. I think that is what people are confused about.

You don't download it. It will be in your library when you go to the gallery. I imagine Maxis Creator might have some additional ones to download but Dust Bowl will be added to your library.
  • Options
    Thanks I guess the tweets confused me.
  • Options

You don't download it. It will be in your library when you go to the gallery. I imagine Maxis Creator might have some additional ones to download but Dust Bowl will be added to your library.

True, I'm just used to downloading stuff...LOL I know if it is included in purchased pack, it is in your library.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

True, I'm just used to downloading stuff...LOL I know if it is included in purchased pack, it is in your library.

We get real particular on here lol
  • Options

That must have been what the tweets was about that it could go in the bar venue and I took that there was no lot just a ally. Thank Cat
  • Options

We get real particular on here lol

LOL well if one wants get truly technical, the lot is downloaded when you download the pack...LOL (c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´