Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Night Yay or Nay?

2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
It's too soon to tell at the moment considering there's still so much time for them to release more information about this pack until next week when it's released.

For me, I'm on the nay side. I've bought every stuff pack, game pack, and expansion thus far. Will I buy it? Probably, but just not at the moment. And we don't know for definite if it's only going to include on premium object, which that's what has me on the fence of not buying right away. Bowling Night, is all about the bowling, of course, but I was hoping for some sneak peaks of some other premium objects like a pool table or new arcade machine, considering every bowling alley isn't complete without it's billiard game area. But that's me getting my hopes up for something that we got hyped up about with ideas of what could be included in the pack.

When I do buy this pack it'll help a lot with creating the ultimate mansion with its own bowling den in the basement, but all I see in the current screenshots, the 1 minute trailer, and tidbits is just a lot of neon colors and flashing lights to create a huge impact, but doesn't necessarily add that extra umph of game play I want in my game. But... we all play differently, which is one of the pro's about The Sims in itself.

I do hope those who do buy right-away and are excited have tons of fun with the pack. I was definitely excited about the idea of Bowling Night (plus I've been playing a lot of Planet Coaster here lately, and perhaps the HUGE April update has me distracted), but the more I sit and ponder on "should I buy or should I not buy" it's something that I can live without at the moment. But don't get me wrong... as I said above, I will be buying later on. And it could all change with a matter of more details being released. Perhaps, the possibility of a secret premium object they're saving for later details?

So with my 2 cents added, are you YAY or NAY at the moment? And could you change from NAY to YAY vice-versa as the release grows nearer? Or am I the only Debbie Downer? LOL.

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It looks cool but it also looks like they rushed it.They could of added a pool table and a few other things making it a Amusement pack.No need to fix the old PC it's back to Freeplay.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I"m kind of yay about it, but then I won't have to spend any money on it, so that certainly makes me less critical. I think it looks really cool though, but if you're not into the style or bowling, I'd probably skip it as well. But then again, there's really no need to buy every pack anyway :)
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    YAY. No question about it. This Pack looks super cool.
    I love the fashions, the animation, the levels of Bowling ability, the hair, the decorations (Tragic Clown for gutterballs?), that kids can bowl (and it looks like the gutters are blocked for them), the overall 50s-60s Rockabilly vibe, the way the lanes light up at night (when my Vampires will be out with their team), and that's just from watching the trailer one time.
    And all those awesome little touches and in-jokes that the team puts in. A clear bowling ball with a skull in it? Somebody watched "Mystery Men."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited March 2017
    Mmm nay. Not really worth the wait for me, I mean what's so special about it, for it not being in an EP? Usually they flesh out things in SPs, but this time it seems the same as in previous games. Also is it me or do we just get one playable object (the alley)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    I'm definitely buying it! I love the look of the furniture and the clothes, plus the hairstyles are cute! So even without the added bonus of new gameplay I would be getting it anyway. Bowling is the cherry on top for me!
  • Options
    RiverDanielsRiverDaniels Posts: 20 New Member
    I'm in between about it. I just hope toddlers can bowl with like those little ramps
  • Options
    shaylizabethshaylizabeth Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm nay about it, but I'll probably end up buying it later on just to continue my collection.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'm in between about it. I just hope toddlers can bowl with like those little ramps

They cannot. Just children and up.
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Yay. I knew exactly what to expect with a pack called 'Bowling Night'. Bowling.... and that's it. It would have been a pleasant surprise to see a different item included, but I didn't expect anything more. I love bowling IRL. For my sims, I need more places for my families to go out and mingle. I love the CAS items, the hair, the build/buy items, animations, light up lanes, more things for kids to do. That Mystery Men reference was neat too. Overall, I can find a reason to use this with all of my households.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Definitely a "Yay" from me. Considering the animations involved with a bowling object, I didn't expect any additional gameplay items.

People forget that when it comes to stuff packs, it's not just about the number of gameplay items, but how big/small they are. (Development-wise.)

Besides, I always want more group activities because the game is still very lacking in that area. I turn down most invitations to hang out because I know that when we get there, there will be nothing to do.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Here's a thread listing info on the pack for a twitter Q&A that @SimGuruGraham held this morning:

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914775/bowling-night-simguru-sourced-info/p1
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Mmm nay. Not really worth the wait for me, I mean what's so special about it, for it not being in an EP? Usually they flesh out things in SPs, but this time it seems the same as in previous games. Also is it me or do we just get one playable object (the alley)
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Is Sims 4 your first Sims title? I'm not trying to be glib. It's a serious question because working objects in SP's is unprecedented.
    Yet now it seems the expectaion bar is being raised even though the price has been halved...I truly don't get it.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    No thank you, I wasn't impressed, so I will pass on this one.....shame....though...
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Yay. I like bowling in The Sims and I am actually more excited than I was for the Vampires GP since I'm not a fan of supernatural creatures. I bought the GP mainly for Build/Buy Mode and because I always buy every pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It's too soon to tell at the moment considering there's still so much time for them to release more information about this pack until next week when it's released.

For me, I'm on the nay side. I've bought every stuff pack, game pack, and expansion thus far. Will I buy it? Probably, but just not at the moment. And we don't know for definite if it's only going to include on premium object, which that's what has me on the fence of not buying right away. Bowling Night, is all about the bowling, of course, but I was hoping for some sneak peaks of some other premium objects like a pool table or new arcade machine, considering every bowling alley isn't complete without it's billiard game area. But that's me getting my hopes up for something that we got hyped up about with ideas of what could be included in the pack.

When I do buy this pack it'll help a lot with creating the ultimate mansion with its own bowling den in the basement, but all I see in the current screenshots, the 1 minute trailer, and tidbits is just a lot of neon colors and flashing lights to create a huge impact, but doesn't necessarily add that extra umph of game play I want in my game. But... we all play differently, which is one of the pro's about The Sims in itself.

I do hope those who do buy right-away and are excited have tons of fun with the pack. I was definitely excited about the idea of Bowling Night (plus I've been playing a lot of Planet Coaster here lately, and perhaps the HUGE April update has me distracted), but the more I sit and ponder on "should I buy or should I not buy" it's something that I can live without at the moment. But don't get me wrong... as I said above, I will be buying later on. And it could all change with a matter of more details being released. Perhaps, the possibility of a secret premium object they're saving for later details?

So with my 2 cents added, are you YAY or NAY at the moment? And could you change from NAY to YAY vice-versa as the release grows nearer? Or am I the only Debbie Downer? LOL.

Yay.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This pack is Yay for me. I have not been excited for anything since Kids Room I see myself using bowling a lot.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

You don't even play Sims 4. So what is the point of you constantly showing up to display your negativity?
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    I usually don't buy Stuff packs but since alot of gameplay objects are being added to the game via stuff pack I guess I have to get them! But also this pack looks fun. I wanted it included in City Living since that EP feels empty
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I watched the trailer. It's a "yay" for me. I only have a few of the stuff packs but this will very likely be the next one I get.

I have space for a few lanes in my movie theatre and then I could see having a second full bowling alley/bar either in Newcrest or Oasis Springs. I can see the specific use for it in my game and I think it will be a popular activity.

I like the prospect of having bowling clubs or leagues too. "Moonlight bowling" sounds like fun as well. It's a nice dating alternative to sending someone to a nightclub, so I can vary that up based on the personality of the sim. I am not against the nightclubs but this creates another option.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I have nothing against bowling, but this is an odd SP in my opinion. Commercial activities do not belong in these small stuff packs. Would have fit better in a bigger pack, with a new venue and more stuff to do. So my vote would be a no.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    It's a yay for me! I haven't bought Vintage Stuff or Vampires yet, so I'm definitely due for a pack :grin: besides it looks way fun. My sims want it, so they shall have it!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mendota wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

You don't even play Sims 4. So what is the point of you constantly showing up to display your negativity?

Even if he don't that cat video is hilarious. :p
  • Options
    I have nothing against bowling, but this is an odd SP in my opinion. Commercial activities do not belong in these small stuff packs. Would have fit better in a bigger pack, with a new venue and more stuff to do. So my vote would be a no.

Graham said the expansion pack team had no intention on adding it to an EP. That's why were getting it in an SP and it already looks better then bowling in TS2 and TS3 just like TS4 Vampires are the best so far.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    It's a yay for me, but a delayed yay because I am waiting for a sale :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina