Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch?!

I feel like there hasn't been a patch in a while? Did I just miss it? I'm confused.
8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    What I have noticed is that is usually a patch at the beginning of the month, unless there is pack due to come out. Then the patch is within the week of or prior of the release of the pack.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited March 2017
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    No, you haven't missed it.
    It's truly been eighty four years.

HAHAHA! Thank you for that laugh! Tiantic references never gets old and by the way the only way we are getting a patch is if we get needle and thread first happy simming lol
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Expect the Patch Next Thursday. The Bowling SP is getting announced next week and patches follow 2 days after the announcement.
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    yeh and no bug fixes like the last 2
  • Options
    geoffreypa wrote: »
    yeh and no bug fixes like the last 2

We don't know that. I just hope it has more bug fixes then past patches. Darts need fixing cause groups will no longer play darts just stand around.
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    We need a bug and glitch patch. I really wish they would fix what is broken, before adding more content. Imo.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »
    We need a bug and glitch patch. I really wish they would fix what is broken, before adding more content. Imo.
    Same. The bugs are getting on my nerves.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Same. The bugs are getting on my nerves.

Hopefully the time waiting will be fruitful and all our wildest bugs will be patched and not evolved into new bugs.
  • Options
    lol yeh right
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I really hope there will be bug fix galore in the next one. For the first time since I started playing TS4, I feel like the bugs are ruining my game. I put up with a lot, I never mod my game, I'm patiently finding workarounds and trusting that the team will fix things soon. I watch all the complaining on the forums and think "oh, relax". But for the first time, I too feel frustrated with the situations. My sims can't swim, they can't play darts, they can't run restaurants because their fully skilled chefs only make poor quality food. The only way to avoid severe lag is to not live in an apartment and not have kids or toddlers. The GTW careers are unplayable. There are absurd glitches with various objects from most packs. So I guess we are back to the base game?
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I really hope there will be bug fix galore in the next one. For the first time since I started playing TS4, I feel like the bugs are ruining my game. I put up with a lot, I never mod my game, I'm patiently finding workarounds and trusting that the team will fix things soon. I watch all the complaining on the forums and think "oh, relax". But for the first time, I too feel frustrated with the situations. My sims can't swim, they can't play darts, they can't run restaurants because their fully skilled chefs only make poor quality food. The only way to avoid severe lag is to not live in an apartment and not have kids or toddlers. The GTW careers are unplayable. There are absurd glitches with various objects from most packs. So I guess we are back to the base game?

I have to agree with you. I didn't play TS4 for real for years beyond checking new patches, and I was so happy with toddlers and vampires and was ready to play the game for real non stop! I was so excited! I started playing, and the bugs were so in the way! "oh, let's do this basic thing!" I planned excitedly. "um... why is it not working" I thought as stuff simply didn't work. Basic everyday things... I just couldn't play basic day to day life without bugs getting in the way. I laughed it off at first and kept at it but the smile in my face faded and I just stopped playing until it gets better... It's a shame, they are making lots of nice content, but they don't fix the bugs they introduce. It would be cool if we had patches to fix bugs in between the pack patches, just to even it out. It's like 1 patch per month that don't fix bugs and introduces new ones...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    imagine they drop a patch today. :D
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    the word Patch and bug fix's are not allways the same with maxie's/ ea. last big bug fix patch was in December, so even if they do it wouldn't be enough
  • Options

What's wrong with swimming?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

The lanes aren't working, IIRC? I don't use them, so I hadn't noticed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    ROFL I hope
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @LeGardrePourpre That would be awesome! I use the costumes we've got a lot in one of my saves especially. Love having a little bit of something now and then for those of us who don't play realistic and who do that in non-trad-supernatural ways. Plus, more variety for the GeekCon!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree that I'd like to see some bug fixes. I can work around most of them or they won't happen every time but I'd definitely like to see improvements. That would enhance the game.

As for the swimming, the lap swimming doesn't work. To get them to swim, I pretty much have to keep clicking "swim here" and they don't really build skill. It ends up not being an effective way to work out. I also had a club meeting of the Paragons at the Windenburg public pool in the last few months that completely glitched with a lot of freezing. I think the game might have actually crashed without saving. That was about the only time that anything like that has happened to me. It seemed to be related to the buggy pool. (They were swimming). I've never had that happen otherwise in my game, so it was abnormal.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    imagine they drop a patch today. :D

Yes I can imagine they "dropped it" which would be the main reason for not getting it today.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Spring... March 20th
    SP10 Bowling stuff pack... March 28th

Patch... March 23rd

(Almost a copy/paste of Kids Room Stuff)
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited March 2017

The lanes aren't working, IIRC? I don't use them, so I hadn't noticed.

Well, there are those 'lane marker' things but I don't even know if they've ever been functional or just decoration. The main issue that I'm aware of is that the 'Swim Laps' interaction fails. The Sim might swim for a brief moment, but then they just stop and tread water. It used to be that if you told them to swim laps, they swam around the pool until some other need/want drew them away. (Even without those lane markings -- I don't have lane lines on my residential pools, but was always able to have a Sim swim laps for exercise/fitness, until they broke it.)

Edit: Yep, @ChampandGirlie got the explanation out before I did.

FWIW, I think some Mass Effect inspired costumes would be cool. But then I also think the Star Wars ones are fun. I don't use them that much, but I like having them there as options. I know not everyone else agrees.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm glad there isn't a Patch today as Microsoft is still, after half an hour, downloading their own Patch or Update onto my laptop and I have a fast connection. They seem to do this at the same time 6pm (uk) as EA patches their games but on the second Tuesday of a month as this afternoon they said I was up to date.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    aobaob Posts: 904 Member
    ...still nothing
    8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh