Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we will get a generations EP?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    This should be a game pack instead of expansion pack.

I think we might get stuff packs centered around different life stages as we did with toddlers stuff and kids stuff but I don't envision a Generations Pack. I think the Parenting pack covered most of the Generation stuff.

Well no parenting covered only parenting.

True, but it was mostly comprised of stuff, like in toddler stuff and kid stuff. The gameplay from generations has been added already with Parenthood. If they add stuff for teens and elders, would pretty much sum up generations. It didn't even come with a new world. I don't know why stuff packed into one pack is better that stuff in smaller packs, especially when the smaller packs are done better.

Have you played generations?

Parenting is completely different to it.
    So no it doesn't cover that much from it if you ask me.
    Generations covers a lot more than parenting.

It covered like special life moments

From baby to elder.

Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Lillian4444Lillian4444 Posts: 41 Member
    A like a lot of the ideas I read on this thread! I too would like teens to have more special features, maybe be harder to control, have them go to Prom and give them the possibility to invite someone or be invited to it, and make them sad if they go alone... It would be cool if they could create actual groups of friends, or cliques, like teens usually do in real life. Maybe add some school clubs too.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Nope, parenthood already covered it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I really hope we do. Although the Parenthood game pack added a lot, I definitely feel like a lot of the non-YA age groups need to be fleshed out a bit and Generations did that pretty well in TS3.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    PARENTHOOD was the generations pack this time around. Anything age specific (teens, elders, etc.) will be in Stuff Packs.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would like a generation pack especially for the different lifestages Parenthood was just that parenting Generations means all lifestages, people already complain (not me I like stuff packs.) about stuff packs so adding more stuff packs to different lifestages is just going to be more complaints. Having a Generation Pack will have all balled into one.
    Also for this pack I'd like it very if the add the Pre-teens lifestages because I'm curious to see how they act in the game.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    To supplement the family Packs we have now, it would be wonderful to get a Gamepack, probably, that would focus on Celebrations/Milestones. Possible Events could be Baptism/Christening, Prom, Graduation, Engagement or Stag/Hen Parties, Wedding and Baby Showers, enhanced Weddings (Sit down. (Sit down.) Sit down. (Sit down.) SIT DOWN, you're rockin' the boat!) Retirement Parties, big Wedding Anniversaries, and Funerals (Celebration of the Sim's life.) If we had all this, honestly, it would keep me busy for months, maybe years, lol.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    To supplement the family Packs we have now, it would be wonderful to get a Gamepack, probably, that would focus on Celebrations/Milestones. Possible Events could be Baptism/Christening, Prom, Graduation, Engagement or Stag/Hen Parties, Wedding and Baby Showers, enhanced Weddings (Sit down. (Sit down.) Sit down. (Sit down.) SIT DOWN, you're rockin' the boat!) Retirement Parties, big Wedding Anniversaries, and Funerals (Celebration of the Sim's life.) If we had all this, honestly, it would keep me busy for months, maybe years, lol.

For real I would love that.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2017
    Parenthood fleshed out Toddlers, Children, Teenagers, and anybody who is a parent. It is to some extent the Generations pack of Sims 4.

Elders could still use some development, but I don't imagine many people rushing to buy a GP for the life-state closest to death. Just to walk with a cane is a whole new animation. It would need to be done better than that.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    I think we could definitely get generations for sims 4, if it added something big like tweens, improved babies, memories, cars etc. I feel like we could get small animals in it as well, maybe?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think Parenthood is the only one. Maybe some stuff for family in other EP's, GP's and SP's but it's all.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would love a generations pack. Parenthood is good but should have been part of an EP.
    Generations gave us: Proms, bachelor/bachelorette parties, graduation, after school activities that built skills and had recitals occasionally, field trips where you could get souvenirs, teen parties, slumber parties, the day care career, the imaginary friend, pranks and punishments, parents going away for the weekend leaving teens in charge, boarding school. Teens had mood swings, adults had mid life crises. Teens could learn to drive and had their own after school clubs which could shape their skills.
    It also gave us romantic reputation and gave us gift giving,

Objects wise it gave us the tree house, sandpits, see-saws, water slide dressing up and playing in their costumes, hopscotch, playing on the couch, playing in the bath and spring riders. It also gave elders walking canes which was a nice touch.

Now with all of that in mind, I really like to hope that generational play still has some work to be done because parenthood has none of the above and instead focuses on parenting.
    I do think a lot of the above list will probably return in a stuff pack at some stage.
  • Options
    Lucy1213Lucy1213 Posts: 28 Member
    Lol u got one
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Lucy1213 wrote: »
    Lol u got one
    No we really didn't. Parenthood was exactly that Parenting what about all of the other content that came with Generations parenting was just a small portion of it. By your logic we got Vampires so they should close shop and never expand on anything Supernatural because we got one.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    djmollsinodjmollsino Posts: 33 Member
    I would like really like to get a babysitting profession, even though I hate dealing with toddlers in this game //
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member

@Livin in Sim - have you made a thread about this in the Idea's Section? I would love to have some of those party types in my game. We need to start nagging, um, I mean, asking politely for them!
    I would love a generations pack. Parenthood is good but should have been part of an EP.
    Generations gave us: Proms, bachelor/bachelorette parties, graduation, after school activities that built skills and had recitals occasionally, field trips where you could get souvenirs, teen parties, slumber parties, the day care career, the imaginary friend, pranks and punishments, parents going away for the weekend leaving teens in charge, boarding school. Teens had mood swings, adults had mid life crises. Teens could learn to drive and had their own after school clubs which could shape their skills.
    It also gave us romantic reputation and gave us gift giving,

Objects wise it gave us the tree house, sandpits, see-saws, water slide dressing up and playing in their costumes, hopscotch, playing on the couch, playing in the bath and spring riders. It also gave elders walking canes which was a nice touch.

Now with all of that in mind, I really like to hope that generational play still has some work to be done because parenthood has none of the above and instead focuses on parenting.
    I do think a lot of the above list will probably return in a stuff pack at some stage.

I would love to have all of these things in my game. I don't care how I get it - i.e. in what type of pack/s it comes in or what it's called, but I'd love to have it all in my game.

I don't think we're going to see a 'replica' of any previous pack in Sims 4, but hopefully we'll see similar things to do.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I wouldn't mind if it was a GP this time
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I dont really think kids or toddlers need anything else, teens have a bit more since parenthood. Elders really need fleshing out now. Im not sure a generations ep is really needed as much anymore.