March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we will get a generations EP?

Do you think we will eventually get a some sort of generations EP even thouugh toddlers have already been released?

I really think we need it because teens and children definitely require some improvements. So far, children to me look like mini adults, and teenagers are adults 2.0. Both of these lifestages are lacking age specific interaction. And addition of toddlers made me realize it even more. Toddlers in Sims 4 are very unique and individualized. They stand out. And they look and behave just like real-life toddlers. While children and teens are just meh.

My point is, I'm really happy they added toddlers. But... it worries me that the fact that they added toddlers before any kind of generation EP means we are not getting a generation EP in sims 4.

What do you guys think?
Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Comments

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I sure hope we do. Generations was one of my favorite EPs in Sims 3. I miss having bunkbeds, sleepovers, after school activities for children and teens, teens graduating high school among other things.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm not sure about a full on expansion, but a GP adding interactions and features for the various age groups wouldn't be a bad idea. Some people complained that Sims 3 Generations was too skimpy to be considered a "true" expansion. I'd like to see where, when meeting classmates at school, children only meet other children and teens only meet other teens. I'd also like to eliminate or reduce the number of children and teens not at school on weekdays, the ones at the park or wandering the streets.

As for the toddler timing, it made sense for two factors:

1. The release of vampires so that vampire babies would age to toddlers rather than straight to children.
    2. Perhaps with getting the toddlers in, it will make it easier to see what the other age groups need when it comes time to develop a Generations-style pack. Plus, the pack can now include more for toddlers; I'd like a Child Development Center, which would be a place where toddlers could go during the day to play with other toddlers and learn skills, perhaps with either NPC nannies or an active Day Care career. Children could also play there, but they wouldn't show up till after 3pm on weekdays (when they're out of school) or on weekends.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I would love one so badly, especially if they add pre teens like they mention in the surveys. However, pre-teens are not make or break for me as long as they can make teenagers feel more like teenagers. I want more exclusive interactions and clothing for each life stage, right now they all feel similar. I think it's silly when an old sim is dressed like a teen sim, I can understand if that's allowed for sims with certain traits- young at heart maybe? But right now it is ridiculous and seems very lazy.

Also things like curfew, truancy, parties when the parents are out of the house, special rewards for marrying your high school sweetheart, more emphasis on parenting, more interaction between toddlers and children, private schools and perhaps home school, bachelor/ bachelorette parties, anniversaries, more children activities and craftables like lego/ group crafting table for coloring and macaroni art (and the ability tonput drawings on the fridge)/ hot wheels style tracks/ sand pit/ tree houses/ pillow forts etc
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Maybe as a GP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I sure so hope so if anything needs a upgrade in this game its the repetitive life stages teen-elders who all play exactly the same, when doing homework(teen) or a chance of dying from woohoo(elder) are the only unique not renamed qualities to differentiate teens from elders there needs to be a change. I swear at this point I'd settle for a cane and a slightly hunched over walk style for elders nothing at this point is offered Generations is desperately needed.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No. I don't see the need for a generations pack. The one in S3 didn't even have a world with it. They could do a better job in a stuff packs or game pack.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    But... it worries me that the fact that they added toddlers before any kind of generation EP means we are not getting a generation EP in sims 4.

Don't worry about that. It's better that they patched toddlers in. If they had added toddlers in an expansion it would be pretty much a case of what you see is all you'll get. Adding them in a patch to the base game means they'll be more likely to get additional features in any future pack. It'll be easier to make them compatible with other content such as Seasons or Pets.

What exactly would you want if they did a Generations expansion @PrincessVee? It's good to be specific, and you are more likely to get what you want if you are clear about it. Otherwise they might do a Gen expansion but it might not be what you expect.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd love to see something like Generations. I really enjoyed and used that a lot in 3. It may get parceled out in 4 but I'd like to see more materials for family play and for the various life stages. The toddlers are cute but they only have a few clothes so I'm not sure that their release was the end of content for them.

I'd like to see more opportunities for memories. I agree that children, teens and late adult/elders could use more significant moments. I'm not exclusively a family player but when I do play with them, I'd like to see more for them to do. I do think that we will see more though. Even taking a family camping in OR has that feel or having them play games or go out to dinner does but it would be nice to see some emotional opportunities for more memories.

I would not mind if it were a GP or if it were reworked or came with another world. I've actually thought that toddlers were released to increase sales of something like that. As in, they needed to have the toddlers out to do that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited March 2017
    I never played with Generations but from I've heard of it, I'm not sure I would be interested in something like the TS3 version. I'm not interested in curfews, pranks, proms, imaginary friends for example. Some other features we already have I think : dating or afterschool activities (with clubs). And some others would really depend on how they are implemented : midlife crisis and boarding school have the potential to be completely uninteresting to me if it's not something we have control over (midlife crisis) or customizable (for boarding schools).

Having said that, I would love to see new content for all ages, and content that would give a better feeling my Sims are growing up/aging. I'd love to see something like TS2 lifetime aspiration (from Freetime), I'd like some new system exploring family relationships and conflicts, parenting and learning. And I would love to see a smoother aging process (preteen, or middle-aged), hair greying over time, etc.

A new world wouldn't be something I absolutely need for this kind of EPs, though a new world certainly make a pack feel more memorable. It could be a rather simple new world for example, with many lots for all our generations.
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I would love one so badly, especially if they add pre teens like they mention in the surveys. However, pre-teens are not make or break for me as long as they can make teenagers feel more like teenagers. I want more exclusive interactions and clothing for each life stage, right now they all feel similar. I think it's silly when an old sim is dressed like a teen sim, I can understand if that's allowed for sims with certain traits- young at heart maybe? But right now it is ridiculous and seems very lazy.

Also things like curfew, truancy, parties when the parents are out of the house, special rewards for marrying your high school sweetheart, more emphasis on parenting, more interaction between toddlers and children, private schools and perhaps home school, bachelor/ bachelorette parties, anniversaries, more children activities and craftables like lego/ group crafting table for coloring and macaroni art (and the ability tonput drawings on the fridge)/ hot wheels style tracks/ sand pit/ tree houses/ pillow forts etc

Employing an age filter, similar to the gender filter, would help in the clothing situations -- I'm tired of seeing elders walking about dressed like High School Musical or Glee rejects. :o They could do it like the gender filter though, make it player-removable when in CAS.
    Neia wrote: »
    I never played with Generations but from I've heard of it, I'm not sure I would be interested in something like the TS3 version. I'm not interested in curfews, pranks, proms, imaginary friends for example. Some other features we already have I think : dating or afterschool activities (with clubs). And some others would really depend on how they are implemented : midlife crisis and boarding school have the potential to be completely uninteresting to me if it's not something we have control over (midlife crisis) or customizable (for boarding schools).

Having said that, I would love to see new content for all ages, and content that would give a better feeling my Sims are growing up/aging. I'd love to see something like TS2 lifetime aspiration (from Freetime), I'd like some new system exploring family relationships and conflicts, parenting and learning. And I would love to see a smoother aging process (preteen, or middle-aged), hair greying over time, etc.

A new world wouldn't be something I absolutely need for this kind of EPs, though a new world certainly make a pack feel more memorable. It could be a rather simple new world for example, with many lots for all our generations.

I've seen some people suggest a customizable curfew -- you could have one family where anything goes, and another that's super strict, which could cause some tension as the teens try to test the limits. An "open schools" pack, which has also been suggested, could also help to define teens a bit more.

The main thing is that we need more differences between the ages. Teens are more like mini-adults who can't Woohoo (just "mess around" which is the exact same animation). I want my teens to get in trouble more if I want -- maybe even lose relationship with their parents and siblings, then mend fences when they grow up. There really isn't much difference between young adults and adults in terms of interactions or abilities -- maybe adults would have an easier time with job promotions because they're more mature, or have a harder time getting pregnant because of their age. And elders need more to do other than just wait for Grimmy to show up -- I usually have them take up yoga and meditation since there's never enough time for them to perfect their gardening skills, but more activities and more interactions between them and their families would be helpful. I'd especially like to see how they lived their life have more impact -- an Elder who is max Fitness skill, perhaps with the Bodybuilder aspiration completed or in the Athletic career, shouldn't be as creaky and feeble as a Sim who has just a few Fitness points.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @stilljustme2
    I like what they did with the toddlers trait, you can basically choose the kind of toddler you want. I think something similar would be great for teens, so we can choose whether this teen will get in trouble more, or be perfectly content with the rules.

I would like more interactions for the parents/caregiver to react to whatever the children/teens are doing. I'd rather have a new interaction so I can make parents lecture the teens who go out too late, rather than a police-enforced curfew or something like that. Setting the rules, like we can with clubs, would be perfect, so the parents could autonomously use the lecture interaction for example.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i think it will be in 2 part gamepack and stuffpack hard to say at the moment until there is more info from ea/maxi or the simsgurus
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I want a Generations pack more then any other! There should be major differences in teen vs elders. I can't tell who is how old without looking at the caption above the sim. That stinks. I do love that they added toddlers though! Pre teens and teenagers that look and act like teens are needed.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

I want a Generations pack more then any other! There should be major differences in teen vs elders. I can't tell who is how old without looking at the caption above the sim. That stinks. I do love that they added toddlers though! Pre teens and teenagers that look and act like teens are needed.

The age filter for clothing would help a lot -- if you had outfits that were specifically designated teen so random non-Teen townies wouldn't wear them you could at least possibly tell by the outfit. Features such as acne would also add differences between teens and other age groups. There's a limit to how much they can do -- at this stage of the game we're not going to see shorter teens because of all the work required to adjust clothing accordingly plus not knowing what effect it would have on teens already in save games.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2017
    Do you think we will eventually get a some sort of generations EP even thouugh toddlers have already been released?

I really think we need it because teens and children definitely require some improvements. So far, children to me look like mini adults, and teenagers are adults 2.0. Both of these lifestages are lacking age specific interaction. And addition of toddlers made me realize it even more. Toddlers in Sims 4 are very unique and individualized. They stand out. And they look and behave just like real-life toddlers. While children and teens are just meh.

My point is, I'm really happy they added toddlers. But... it worries me that the fact that they added toddlers before any kind of generation EP means we are not getting a generation EP in sims 4.

What do you guys think?

Actually I think we will get Generations due to that fact right there. This is a scenario everyone talked about ages ago. We knew that if toddlers came they'd come either in Generations or right before it in patch. And my heart is telling me it's playing out the latter.The fact that they came before only leads me to believe that generations is definitely in the future. If they were in Generations they wouldn't be able to become vampires/any supernatural or any other unique things from other packs. If they were added after Generations, I don't think they would have been able to benefit from generations. But because they added them before hand, they can easily be implemented whenever Generations arrived(not to mention any other pack that comes. It's a win/win).
    Generations might be right after Pets for all we know and at this point I can defiantly see it as a beefy expansion Pack. <3

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I believe so I love the generation pack in Sims 3 and I would like one for this game as well.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I didn't add generations to 3 until 4 was announced. I saw very little added and most of it, I didn't like. Especially those imaginary friends. About the only thing I liked from it was teaching the teens to drive because at least I was there in the car with them. Proms, no....rabbitholes. But generations was nothing but a waste of money....

As I said, I added it late....and it wasn't all that it's cracked up to be.
  • HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    Generations are going to be interesting if they add more relate-able family interaction. The one in sims 3 is ok, but not exactly what I call as a satisfying pack.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I hope so. They need to expand family relationships in the panel with in-law's/step family and ect.
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    I've been thinking the same thing, I'm really worried about that. I love family play and I agree that we need more of it in the sims 4. My number one most wanted expansion is definitely Generations.
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I really liked the generations expansion it added so much depth do the different life stages so I do hope they release something like it. Something definitely needs to be done to teens and I think now toddlers have been patched in you can really see the difference in details and depth between them and teens/children.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    It makes more sense to add toddlers first before giving us a Generations EP/GP. The otherway would cause way more headache.
    I need a generations expansion, the one in ts3 added so much family gameplay, one of the expansions I used the most. I am really missing it.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Yinala wrote: »
    I've been thinking the same thing, I'm really worried about that. I love family play and I agree that we need more of it in the sims 4. My number one most wanted expansion is definitely Generations.

We need more family activities.
    @stilljustme2
    I like what they did with the toddlers trait, you can basically choose the kind of toddler you want. I think something similar would be great for teens, so we can choose whether this teen will get in trouble more, or be perfectly content with the rules.

I would like more interactions for the parents/caregiver to react to whatever the children/teens are doing. I'd rather have a new interaction so I can make parents lecture the teens who go out too late, rather than a police-enforced curfew or something like that. Setting the rules, like we can with clubs, would be perfect, so the parents could autonomously use the lecture interaction for example.

Maybe a main trait that would last through adulthood, then a hidden Teen trait? Although I'd like to have the Rebellious trait back so I could have adult Sims that still have the bit of the rebel to them -- they're not mean or evil so those traits wouldn't work, but they're not the perfect goody-two-shoes either, more the "black sheep" of the family.