Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we will get a generations EP?

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I would rather have had generations than Vampires. You can't do much with them, they burn up if they are out in the day. They are just too much trouble.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    EP.. not sure. GP, I think so.
    I think Generations would be more for a GP than for an EP.

I've never understood why Generations in TS3 was an EP. To me it was great content, but not really EP-content.

We didn't have GPs in the Sims 3 era, but it was too much for an SP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd love to have a Generations pack.

Teens need some extra stuff to do. Besides school and part time jobs, there's really nothing special about them.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    No...

why not

Why???
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited March 2017
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I would rather have had generations than Vampires. You can't do much with them, they burn up if they are out in the day. They are just too much trouble.

There is the Sun Resistance Power you can purchase with power points and upgrade to the 3rd rank so that you can go outside in the day.
  • Options

You do know that vampires are traditionally a night time creature, so, if they burn up during the day, it's kind of your fault for bringing them out into the light. It ain't rocket surgery.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

You do know that vampires are traditionally a night time creature, so, if they burn up during the day, it's kind of your fault for bringing them out into the light. It ain't rocket surgery.

Rocket surgery?:D
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited March 2017
    But... it worries me that the fact that they added toddlers before any kind of generation EP means we are not getting a generation EP in sims 4.

Don't worry about that. It's better that they patched toddlers in. If they had added toddlers in an expansion it would be pretty much a case of what you see is all you'll get. Adding them in a patch to the base game means they'll be more likely to get additional features in any future pack. It'll be easier to make them compatible with other content such as Seasons or Pets.

What exactly would you want if they did a Generations expansion @PrincessVee? It's good to be specific, and you are more likely to get what you want if you are clear about it. Otherwise they might do a Gen expansion but it might not be what you expect.

I would really love to see
    1. a return of curfews for children and teens (which they could break and then be punished for). Optional of course.
    2. sneaking out on dates for teens
    3. preteens
    4. acne
    5. mood swings for preteens
    6. slumber parties with pillow fights
    7. more family activities such as playing ball, catch, etc.
    8. more playground equipment for children and toddlers
    9. sand boxes
    10. ability to make house rules such as (telling kids to go to bed, go do their homework)
    11. proms
    12. funerals
    13. cemeteries
    14. more content for elders
    15. return of newspapers and landlines
    16. knitting
    17. or sewing (we could sew clothes that sims would wear, kind of like woodworking table, but for clothes)
    18. more age exclusive traits
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options

Have you never heard the phrase "It ain't rocket surgery!"? I've heard that my whole life and that's over half a century. :D
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    To be honest, I'd say all life stages should be improved, not just teens and children. Simmers don't like baby objects, young adult and adult just being split for no reason, and elders have nothing else -exclusive- to do (for example knitting, playing bingo, nag sm to get off their law, pull childrens chicks ect.)

I always figured young adult and adults were split for the future(possible) release of a university expansion. But I agree with everything you said.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think we'll get a Generations GP (EP is too big, unless they add an awesome family-themed world and cars [because we all want to teach our teens how to drive :blush: ]) that focuses on children and teens and is similar to TS3 Generations, also adding the Daycare profession, more playground stuff like swings, prom, after-school activities, field trips etc. Simmers have been asking for it since forever so we will most likely eventually get something like this. I also really hope we do because, as the OP said, teens and children are lacking in unique gameplay. I usually get bored with my save when my first generation sims have kids and they age up to children. They just kinda bore me and teens are young adults with homework. It doesn't capture my interest and these features would really add loads of fun and depth :smile:

EDIT: it also better add to adults (mid-life crisis!) and especially elders. I want my grammies and grampies to be cute and do cute elderly stuff like have tea parties, walk with canes and have special interactions, but they are literally young adults that die of exhaustion from woohoo.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member

Have you never heard the phrase "It ain't rocket surgery!"? I've heard that my whole life and that's over half a century. :D

Hmmmm.. where I grew up there were two expressions that express the notion "It ain't hard.":

Rocket science and Brain surgery.

But that's just me.
  • Options
    CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    I hope they fix babys being an object.
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Sims 4 Generations

Introduction

Get ready watch your Sims grow and capture unforgettable moments of their life!

Features

Three new life stages to add more into age development: Young Child, Preteen, and Middle Aged Adult. These life stages make aging slightly more realistic and gradual (fixes gaps/rapid growth).

Young Child (5-7 years): The name may suggest similarity to child, but they can be different from children. The Young Child life stage is a shorter and younger version of the Child life stage. They can be picked up and carried around like a toddler. Young children have the same interactions as a child. They got to elementary school.

Preteen (11-14yrs): Preteens are a mixture of children and teens. They are taller than children but shorter than teens. Preteens have similar CAS and interactions as older Sims. They go attend to middle school.

Middle Aged Adults (55-65yrs)- Middle Aged Adults are between adults and elders. They are pre-elders and show beginning signs of aging (graying hair, wrinkling face)

Prom/homecoming/graduation for teens

Midlife crises for adults/middle aged adults

Imaginary friends

Private/Boarding/Military Schools

Videotaping and memory notifications

Special objects/furniture

I'm going to necro this thread. Sorry :(
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    This should be a game pack instead of expansion pack.
  • Options
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »

I think we might get stuff packs centered around different life stages as we did with toddlers stuff and kids stuff but I don't envision a Generations Pack. I think the Parenting pack covered most of the Generation stuff.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

And why is that?

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I think we might get stuff packs centered around different life stages as we did with toddlers stuff and kids stuff but I don't envision a Generations Pack. I think the Parenting pack covered most of the Generation stuff.

Well no parenting covered only parenting.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

Well no parenting covered only parenting.

True, but it was mostly comprised of stuff, like in toddler stuff and kid stuff. The gameplay from generations has been added already with Parenthood. If they add stuff for teens and elders, would pretty much sum up generations. It didn't even come with a new world. I don't know why stuff packed into one pack is better that stuff in smaller packs, especially when the smaller packs are done better.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I would still like a generations type pack that had slumber parties, proms, baby showers, funerals, canes, bunk beds, more things for elders to do. Midlife crisis, preteens, kids playing games like cops and robbers, catch, tag, jumping on the bed, kids showing off. Kids dancing on their parent's toes like in the sims 2 and the parents swinging them around. More interaction between sims that aren't talking interactions. Gift giving could make a return for different events in your sims life. There is so much you could put into a generational pack.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think it's possible, more than likely though it might be separated into packs.

Generations was more about milestones for each age, not just parenting (to be honest I don't think it was about parenting at all :lol: ). So I don't think it sums it up imo. Not to mention there's so much potential they could possibly explore with milestones.

Children/toddlers
    • First Bike Rides for kids/toddlers (either or both would be nice)
    • First Lost Tooth

Teens:
    • Sweet 16 (could you imagine extravagant parties or the teen totally losing it if she/he didn't get what they wanted? :lol:)
    • Driver's license (if we get cars :lol: )
    • Graduation
    • Prom

Adults (and possibly parents in general):

Mid-Life Crisis (exclusive to adult stage)
    Baby Showers

Elders:
    • Truly breaking down the "retirement". Remember that old board game called "The game of life"? (I used to love that one) At the end of the game you got to choose your retirement place. What if when your elder sim retires from their, depending on how well they did with their job they had the power to choose, exclusive neighborhoods for Elders to relax from the noisey kids and loud <3. However ofcourse.
    • Special knitting option elders can pass sweaters, custom teddy bears, etc on to grandchildren, adult children etc. And get a cute moodlet "Love with every stitch" :heart:

Death:
    • Customized Funerals
    • A Customized Will

That's just off the top of my head though lol.

I doubt a stuff pack could stuff this stuff (yeah I'm laughing to hard at that :lol: ) But, I could see them in certain packs: A School Pack, Car Pack (if that even happens lol), Or they could wrap it all up in a small gamepack "through the ages". But deep down I actually would have loved a generations EP.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I think it's possible, more than likely though it might be separated into packs.

Generations was more about milestones for each age, not just parenting (to be honest I don't think it was about parenting at all :lol: ). So I don't think it sums it up imo. Not to mention there's so much potential they could possibly explore with milestones.

Children/toddlers
    • First Bike Rides for kids/toddlers (either or both would be nice)
    • First Lost Tooth

Teens:
    • Sweet 16 (could you imagine extravagant parties or the teen totally losing it if she/he didn't get what they wanted? :lol:)
    • Driver's license (if we get cars :lol: )
    • Graduation
    • Prom

Adults (and possibly parents in general):

Mid-Life Crisis (exclusive to adult stage)
    Baby Showers

Elders:
    • Truly breaking down the "retirement". Remember that old board game called "The game of life"? (I used to love that one) At the end of the game you got to choose your retirement place. What if when your elder sim retires from their, depending on how well they did with their job they had the power to choose, exclusive neighborhoods for Elders to relax from the noisey kids and loud <3. However ofcourse.
    • Special knitting option elders can pass sweaters, custom teddy bears, etc on to grandchildren, adult children etc. And get a cute moodlet "Love with every stitch" :heart:

Death:
    • Customized Funerals
    • A Customized Will

That's just off the top of my head though lol.

I doubt a stuff pack could stuff this stuff (yeah I'm laughing to hard at that :lol: ) But, I could see them in certain packs: A School Pack, Car Pack (if that even happens lol), Or they could wrap it all up in a small gamepack "through the ages". But deep down I actually would have loved a generations EP.

I love your ideas! we definitely need more fleshed out life stages, and even death. The will idea is fab as well!!!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I sure hope we do. Generations was one of my favorite EPs in Sims 3. I miss having bunkbeds, sleepovers, after school activities for children and teens, teens graduating high school among other things.

me too.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    No, OP. I don't see TS4 ever getting a generations pack.

I do foresee many smaller packs that, over time, might eventually add up to one generations pack.

So far we've already got three: Toddler Stuff, Kid Stuff, and Parenthood.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg