Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we will get a generations EP?

Comments

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    there needs to be a generations type GP or EX. i'll even take a teen SP. presently in game there is NOTHING differentiates teens from YA or A. so basically we're playing 3 life states. They (EA) can start by cleary marking which clothes are teen only. there should be more teen only interactions. college would be nice for YA.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Please refresh my memory but with Generations, did we not get such activities as hopscotch and the sand box and new playgrounds and sleeping bags for sleepovers, seesaws and slides or am I dreaming?
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    I hope we get a generations expansion pack... Toddlers are cute but we need more family play.....
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    To be honest, I'd say all life stages should be improved, not just teens and children. Simmers don't like baby objects, young adult and adult just being split for no reason, and elders have nothing else -exclusive- to do (for example knitting, playing bingo, nag sm to get off their law, pull childrens chicks ect.)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Please refresh my memory but with Generations, did we not get such activities as hopscotch and the sand box and new playgrounds and sleeping bags for sleepovers, seesaws and slides or am I dreaming?

Yup, we did got those things.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    We already have the Kids' Room SP. I wouldn't mind an SP for each age. You'd get CAS and build/buy mode items, and possibly new (exclusive) interactions like we had with the voidcritter machine and cards. There could be bingo or something for an Elders SP, for example.

And by putting them in SPs, it would allow you to customize your game how you like. The Kids' Room SP does nothing for me, personally, but I've already got a retirement home build so an Elders SP would be a great and welcome addition.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I doubt EA will provide more than 2-3 interactions in a stuff pack.

Safe than sorry let it be patched or in a GP with a new world.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I hope so:)) I hope with it they add in disability's and hereditary mutations. I really want wheel chairs and crutches. I really would love a generations pack. Plus if they could maybe let you have more personality traits that you could pass down every other person. I would love if they allowed your sim to have one or two more traits. Or if they did it like vampires like instead of powers and weakness's, it could be more normal like good and bad traits for your sims. They have those traits already, but if they expanded them out that would be so exciting:))
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope and i think we will get generation ep, all that's missing is family game and Sims 4 will be perfect with the orthers expansion (University, Seasons, Pets, Famous, World adventures)
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    others*
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

Yup, we did got those things.

Thanks, I just needed a reality check!
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I hope and i think we will get generation ep, all that's missing is family game and Sims 4 will be perfect with the orthers expansion (University, Seasons, Pets, Famous, World adventures)
    The problem here is that there never have been more than at most 5 years between 2 successive basegames. So TS5 will almost certainly be released in the middle of 2019 or maybe even before that.

So my guess is that TS4 maybe will get 3 more EPs and 3 more GPs before its time is over (and 8 to 10 SPs too). So if all your mentioned expansions should be released then some of them would have to be GPs.

I expect an EP in the middle of 2017 and another GP to be released late in 2017. Then maybe EA will release an EP, a GP and another EP too in 2018. In 2019 EA will then probably at most release a GP before TS5 will be released. So I wouldn't hope for more than at most that ;)
  • Options
    Yes, it does not bother me, i waiting also for TS5, i think TS5 will probably a good game. They learned the lesson with TS4. :wink:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I commented about this on a similar thread, but I think there's a LOT that could be added in a generations pack. They could easily combine it with a "get to school" pack or a hobbies pack or make it more similar to the ts3 pack. They could add new party/event types (baby showers, bachelor parties, funerals, prom), activities for all ages (bingo, golf, skateboarding), playground equipment, slow dancing, new lot types (school, community center, childcare center), more CAS stuff for toddlers-elders, more family interactions (perhaps the ability for grandparents to babysit grandchildren or special interactions between siblings), more contemporary suburban style furniture, and bring over popular items from ts3 generations like bunk beds and strollers. Obviously these things could easily be worked into smaller dlc or spread out over multiple packs, but I think all of these things are important to the game and hope they will add them. If we don't get a generations ep, I expect generations type content to come in the form of a game pack or multiple stuff packs.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I commented about this on a similar thread, but I think there's a LOT that could be added in a generations pack. They could easily combine it with a "get to school" pack or a hobbies pack or make it more similar to the ts3 pack. They could add new party/event types (baby showers, bachelor parties, funerals, prom), activities for all ages (bingo, golf, skateboarding), playground equipment, slow dancing, new lot types (school, community center, childcare center), more CAS stuff for toddlers-elders, more family interactions (perhaps the ability for grandparents to babysit grandchildren or special interactions between siblings), more contemporary suburban style furniture, and bring over popular items from ts3 generations like bunk beds and strollers. Obviously these things could easily be worked into smaller dlc or spread out over multiple packs, but I think all of these things are important to the game and hope they will add them. If we don't get a generations ep, I expect generations type content to come in the form of a game pack or multiple stuff packs.

agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Don't forgot interactions like TS2
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Toddlers really need to be tweaked they have real problems with the High Chair thingy I stopped using it all togeather. Toddlers need more clothing, and the whole family play needs more things for them to do as a family.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Seeing some additional interactions between my sims as well as age specific interactions would be wonderful! I've never been too hyped about the idea of preteens...I guess that I've always kind of considered the preexisting child age group to be preteens. However, with how crappy the teens are in TS4, adding preteens might be an additional selling point for me.
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    I would like a generations expansion pack. It would be amazing if they could untie babies from their bassinets, and introduce preteens, baby showers, family reunions, curfews, proms, and give us more options for weddings (like speeches or the father being able to give away the bride). Perhaps an expectant mother can visit Willow Creek Hospital to get a gender scan? I think teenagers need more development too, they definitely need age specific hair styles and clothes, and have mood swings, maybe run away from home. If they would introduce police NPC's again, the teenagers could be taken home like in the Sims 2.
  • Options
    @B_E2009 I love your ideas. They need increase the chances to have twin and triplets. :wink:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    The problem here is that there never have been more than at most 5 years between 2 successive basegames. So TS5 will almost certainly be released in the middle of 2019 or maybe even before that.

So my guess is that TS4 maybe will get 3 more EPs and 3 more GPs before its time is over (and 8 to 10 SPs too). So if all your mentioned expansions should be released then some of them would have to be GPs.

I expect an EP in the middle of 2017 and another GP to be released late in 2017. Then maybe EA will release an EP, a GP and another EP too in 2018. In 2019 EA will then probably at most release a GP before TS5 will be released. So I wouldn't hope for more than at most that ;)

Could be more than 3 GPs -- we got 2 GPs in 2015 (Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day), and maybe we only got one in 2016 because a lot of that team might have been in on the Toddlers update (when you look at how much we got with CASsets, objects, interactions and the toddlers themselves it was pretty close to the size of a GP from a budgetary standpoint). If we got 1 EP, 2 GPs and 4 SPs a year, with the rest of the months filled out by challenges and events (like the Triple Boost Weeks or the Egg Hunt or Day of the Dead), that should give plenty of new content to mix and match. Many Sims 3 players complained that Generations was too skimpy to be a "true" EP since it was mostly interactions and a few new objects. A Generations pack could possibly fit into a GP.

While going from past experience we might see a Sims 5 in 2019, it's still not a given -- it may depend on the state of the video game economy. Plus with the rocky start The Sims 4 had, with only now the base game feeling "complete" with toddlers for many players, they might extend the cycle of the Sims 4 to give time for a more complete Sims 5 base game, with all age stages in and fully developed from the start so there's less to patch in later. If in Sims 5 we get good quality toddlers and children, teens that act and feel like teens, some clear differences between young adults and adults (or even get rid of the young adult category completely), and elders who have more to do than sit around and wait for Grimmy to show up it would be worth an extra year or two of development time for me, and probably quite a few other members of the community. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    EP.. not sure. GP, I think so.
    I think Generations would be more for a GP than for an EP.

I've never understood why Generations in TS3 was an EP. To me it was great content, but not really EP-content.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited March 2017
    I cant decide whether this theme would be better suited to an expansion pack or a gamepack. I know its something alot of us want but i found generations to be quiet a small pack (in GB size too). If they do make Generations an expansion i would like to see a new life stage like pre teen added, I always assumed that toddlers would come in a generations ep too but we got those already now so im not as bothered about getting generations as i was before toddlers.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No...
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    No...

why not
    more for sim kids and more drama please