Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is your favorite The Sims game?

JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
edited February 2017 in Off Topic Chat
I hate to admit it because I love The Sims franchise but...I was bored with TS4 so last night I played TS3 and just wondered; besides it crashing all the time I still don't understand why TS4 came out...its beautiful in itself but it's been THREE years and still no significantly big things. Meanwhile...while playing TS3 my Sim traveled to the future, formed a band and played a concert in the rain, then lounged in a chaise lounge by the pool before laying on her bed to watch tv with her dog! TS3 was just so FUN and there were countless things to do it wasn't so controlled there was more freedom
And I didn't wanna stop playing. The opportunities were endless. With this being said however TS4 is my favorite. Mainly because it's the newest, I still have hope as a veteran simmer for 17 years and the attention to detail makes it so artistic. Just saying...what are you thinking about TS4 now? Have your thoughts changed? And which Sims version is your favorite?
71rbpi.png

Comments

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited February 2017
    The Sims 4 and The Sims Medieval.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I love Sims 2, but Sims 4 is climbing to the top as my favorite. I just absolutely adore the look of the sims in 4 and their animations.

The content is getting really good. Love Dine Out, and Vamps, and the more recent SPs have been really good too.

I really and truly can't wait for what the devs have in store for us for the rest of this series.
  • Options
    sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    TS2 is still my favorite but TS4 is catching up fast.

TS2 will always have my heart and I love all the emotions and reactions that it has but TS4's toddlers have really made me start loving this one as well!
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    TS3 is my most favorite. I've continued to try to like 4, and there are some things I've enjoyed immensely, but nothing holds a candle to 3 in my personal opinion.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    Honestly, The Sims 4. I love the hair and over all how modern it is. 10 years from now, this game is still gonna look fantastic, 3 always looked ugly to me.
    Sims 2 is outdated, and feels very clunky to play.
    Sims 3 i- THE PROGRAM CRASHED.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This one:

Sims3cover.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited February 2017
    Globally, I prefer the Sims 3. There are so many things to do, and this is the version with the most sandbox features by far, and I love sandboxes.
    But when it comes to the characters themselves, I prefer the Sims 2. Their reactions are so funny and still more realistic, and there is some human warmth that is unique to the sims 2. And as an adult, I prefer the Sims 2's social interactions.
    I've tried to get attached to the sims 4 like the others, it has a few very good things like its toddlers, its occults and its improved AI, and I like the expansions and game packs, but there are too many flaws at the core of the base game to make me truly enjoy it ; I'm afraid its base game will always make it stay very far behind the Sims 3 and 2 in my heart. And I'm saying this as somebody who played with the other versions' base game only for a long time, so I'm comparing my personal view of all base games without add-ons here.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    The Sims 2 will always have a special place in my heart, but the winner is The Sims 4.

Even though TS3 had a cool open world concept, couldn't stand the CAS or simpoint system.

The Sims 4 gallery is the bees knees, build mode is very fluid, CAS is flexible, and the game looks pretty plum good. Sure, something is always broken, but the the empty parts to our painting are slowly being filled in.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sims 3 is still my favorite and I'm starting to wonder if that will ever change.

No matter what, Sims 4 can't hold my interest very long. I'll continue to play it every now and then but I don't see myself ever playing it for hours on end.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited February 2017
    The Sims 2. The amount of time I have accumulated in that is nowhere near as low as TS3 or TS4, although I've been binge playing TS4 since I've gotten so used to the camera movement and overall engine of the game. It's hard for me to play Sims 2 nowadays because of how tight and constrained camera movement is, primarily.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sims 4. I like to get with the times.
    Sims 3 is just plain ugly.
    Sims 2 was great too.
    Can't remember Sims 1.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Well the sims 3 is a complete game. The sims 4 still has awhile to go but my favorite sims game has to be the sims 2.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    So hard to answer.
    I've had so much fun with all of them...
    I'd have to say TS2 is my favorite based on how it made me feel at the time.

However TS4 has recaptured a lot of the charm of TS2 (for me at least) and I'm becoming more convinced by the time it ends, it will be my favorite.
  • Options
    amberquigleyamberquigley Posts: 122 Member
    I love the sims 3 and when sims 4 came out I was convinced that sims 4 would stay my favorite The thing is though While the sims 3 currently has more to do, you can't beat actually being able to play the game without issues. In all my time playing the sims 4 I've never had a crash whereas it is unfortunately very common on the sims 3 nowadays. While the sims 3 will always have a special place in my heart I've got to say the sims 4 is my favorite.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I enjoy parts of 4 but I definitely like 3 better, even if it does make my laptop crash.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    The Sims 3, because of my two baes <3
  • Options
    I like the base game stuff from TS4 compared to TS3, but I enjoy the gameplay much more in TS3.

Marissa The Unicorn on YouTube
    Check out my channel for speed builds, create- a-sims, and much more! I also have a series on Fridays where I make sims completely fandom related! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCisGbg6UuFSsrvBwZ_m--dA
    the-sims-centaur.jpg

• Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited February 2017
    TS2 is probably my all-time favorite but TS3 is a very close second. I feel as though TS4 is severely lacking in content in comparison to where TS2 and TS3 were at this stage, but maybe it can still catch up at some point.
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    Globally, I prefer the Sims 3. There are so many things to do, and this is the version with the most sandbox features by far, and I love sandboxes.
    But when it comes to the characters themselves, I prefer the Sims 2. Their reactions are so funny and still more realistic, and there is some human warmth that is unique to the sims 2. And as an adult, I prefer the Sims 2's social interactions.
    I've tried to get attached to the sims 4 like the others, it has a few very good things like its toddlers, its occults and its improved AI, and I like the expansions and game packs, but there are too many flaws at the core of the base game to make me truly enjoy it ; I'm afraid its base game will always make it stay very far behind the Sims 3 and 2 in my heart. And I'm saying this as somebody who played with the other versions' base game only for a long time, so I'm comparing my personal view of all base games without add-ons here.

What are some bad things about TS4 Base Game? I'm intrigued.
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited February 2017
    @JasonSim16 I'm afraid that if I explain them and why, this may completely divert the thread from its original topic, because it will certainly create a debate. And I don't wish to cause the thread to potentially go off-topic. But I'll be fine with answering on a different thread, or in PM, if you want :smile:
  • Options
    rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    The sims 3 pets because I love animals and I love to see my sims go horse riding
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    My two favorites are TS2 and TS3.

TS2 because it progressed a lot and brought so much in-depth relevant gameplay while also expanding on the previous TS core. All the interactions and features of the base game and expansion packs were well done and the attention to detail truly make this game still enjoyable. When it comes to being the most in-depth and detailed gameplay wise, TS2 easily wins in that department. However, when it comes to how the game looks I prefer TS3 along with the subtle animations than TS2 exaggeration/squash and stretch in some situations.
    snapshot_7ef71797_df03d2ba.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_bf03d9a7.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_9f3d02a7.jpg
    snapshot_00000005_3f004b6e.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_1f00437f.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_3f03ded9.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_7ef84b44.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_e04d6626.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_204d6d7c.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_bf005292.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_9ef85f17.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_204d5639.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_a04d6dd7.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_e04d6e37.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_def71cb2.jpg
    snapshot_7ef71797_3f00573e.jpg

TS3 because it introduced a whole new way to play and opened up so many possibilities that, to me, is needed for not only the genre it represents but also to continue to improve upon important features and keep advancing to honestly be called innovative. There are a lot of great features but unfortunately, not everything was executed well, nonetheless, that didn't affect the game so much that it became a horrible experience. Another thing that is disappointing the fact EA did not take full advantage of the open world concept and omitted what has always been a part of The Sims and The Sims 2 which is open shopping and dining.

Regardless, the open world is one of the best features in TS series. No longer confined to one lot at a time with a loading screen in-between. Plus I can finally go visit neighbors, friends, family, and I absolutely love being able to switch between household members anytime. Not only are there no loading screens within the neighborhood which make it truly an immersive life simulator but you actually can see the simulation of everyday life all around. This way Sims have become more aware of their surroundings. This affects how Sims see each other in ways that were not possible before. The AI seems quite complex.
    This picture is from an alternate save to test something out. Good thing, I pause every time I see something picture worthy. Even though Chi is in a lot of emotional distress, he always tries to put on a smile.
    index.jpg
    Screenshot_663.jpg

However, this picture is taken from my main save. I think in this context the jogger icon along with his facial expression just as Jean walked passed him seems to mean he is not happy with the pace of things between them. Even though Jean is in a relationship with Chi, she would flirt a lot with Tendai but awhile ago he confessed to Jean and later Chi he was in love with her. I don't think she is serious about him because she finally has the guy she wanted but a part of the problem, I think, is based on the failure of Chi's first relationship and he chooses not to really connect on an emotional level. But possible that he is bad at emotionally connecting and hence a part of the reason why his first relationship failed and having issues with his new lover. This is why she uses Tendai even knowing he is serious about wanting to be with her.
    Screenshot_237.jpg
    Screenshot_239.jpg

The rest of the story has not unfolded yet since I have not really been playing lately. Been doing more building and setting up for a new save to transfer.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    Sims 3, I miss it so much :(
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
  • Options
    Mellow wrote: »
    Sims 3, I miss it so much :(

Why do you miss #TS3? Can't you play it whenever you want?

71rbpi.png
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    @JasonSim16 I'm afraid that if I explain them and why, this may completely divert the thread from its original topic, because it will certainly create a debate. And I don't wish to cause the thread to potentially go off-topic. But I'll be fine with answering on a different thread, or in PM, if you want :smile:

I understand. Was just wondering if we had similar opinions. You can PM if you want and we can have a proper rant! :-p
    71rbpi.png