Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clothes on when showering?

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Faberries wrote: »
    @Orchid13 I don't know actually. S4S has some batch fixes for stuff, but I don't remember having the ability to find bad cc ^^'

When you open studio click on my cc then you can go through your CC to find the offending bit and check to see that it is categorized proper. If it is categorized u with nude ticked then you need to untick and save to five the issue. You can also find it to weed out other bad cc.

Ooooh ok thank you :)

YW :)

After the first time of sorting through 4 gigs of CC I decided to organize things into folders on my mods folder so I could find stuff in S4S easier.

I wish I've done that from a start now I have over 2000
    files not enough time in the world to organize all of that.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    @Orchid13 I don't know actually. S4S has some batch fixes for stuff, but I don't remember having the ability to find bad cc ^^'

When you open studio click on my cc then you can go through your CC to find the offending bit and check to see that it is categorized proper. If it is categorized u with nude ticked then you need to untick and save to five the issue. You can also find it to weed out other bad cc.

After the first time of sorting through 4 gigs of CC I decided to organize things into folders on my mods folder so I could find stuff in S4S easier.

I started organizing when I had over 2,000 packages. It took a couple of hours, but it was the best thing I could have done.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options

I started organizing when I had over 2,000 packages. It took a couple of hours, but it was the best thing I could have done.

Really? Just a couple of hours? I though I would have to pull an all nighter to get it all done :/ the problem is that I don't know what stuff I got by only looking at the file names. I thought of using the sims studio and then delete some stuff directly from there and then just then start organizing.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

Really? Just a couple of hours? I though I would have to pull an all nighter to get it all done :/ the problem is that I don't know what stuff I got by only looking at the file names. I thought of using the sims studio and then delete some stuff directly from there and then just then start organizing.

Most creators tell you, at least in general terms, what the item is in the file extension. So, I organize by furniture, build mode, make up, eyes, script mods, etc. I changed my View on the mods folder to detailed list, expanding the file extension column so I can see the whole name of each file. Then, you highlight, drag & drop into the new folders in batches. If you downloaded a bedroom set for example, usually the file extensions will begin with the creatorname_nameofset_itemtype.

So, it's pretty easy to grab groups of related items because the beginning of their names will make them sort together in your list. Create a misc. folder for anything NOT labeled appropriately. Later, you can google those items by their file extension names, and it will usually pull up the download page.

Once my folder system was in place, new downloaded stuff was left loose in the mods folder (not tucked away in a folder). That way if something new breaks the game (or I don't like it after all) it's easy to delete and I'm not sifting through 2000 packages to find some new eyebrow I don't like or a mod that keeps me stuck on the loading page. They only get organized into folders after I take everything for a test run.

• Options

Most creators tell you, at least in general terms, what the item is in the file extension. So, I organize by furniture, build mode, make up, eyes, script mods, etc. I changed my View on the mods folder to detailed list, expanding the file extension column so I can see the whole name of each file. Then, you highlight, drag & drop into the new folders in batches. If you downloaded a bedroom set for example, usually the file extensions will begin with the creatorname_nameofset_itemtype.

So, it's pretty easy to grab groups of related items because the beginning of their names will make them sort together in your list. Create a misc. folder for anything NOT labeled appropriately. Later, you can google those items by their file extension names, and it will usually pull up the download page.

Once my folder system was in place, new downloaded stuff was left loose in the mods folder (not tucked away in a folder). That way if something new breaks the game (or I don't like it after all) it's easy to delete and I'm not sifting through 2000 packages to find some new eyebrow I don't like or a mod that keeps me stuck on the loading page. They only get organized into folders after I take everything for a test run.

That's a really good organization system! I'll try it out :) so the content will work even if I make subfolders in the mods folders?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Script/game mods can go in one folder, but don't make any sub folders within that folder. Other cc is usually fine a couple levels deep, but not scripts. So you might have Mods-->Furniture-->Bedroom but for scripts, don't go any further than Mods-->Scripts. If that makes sense lol.

• Options
    Script/game mods can go in one folder, but don't make any sub folders within that folder. Other cc is usually fine a couple levels deep, but not scripts. So you might have Mods-->Furniture-->Bedroom but for scripts, don't go any further than Mods-->Scripts. If that makes sense lol.

Sorry I got confused lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited February 2017
    Alexai wrote: »
    Does Sims studio work for Macs?

Hello @Alexa.
    There is a Mac version of the program
    This is a link to the download page. You need though to register with the site first to access the download page and install the program. It is free to register though
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/6065/sims-studio-appletini-open-beta
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

I made up a bunch of folders and a folder named "Test" I pinned them all to quick access and from there it went faster than I expected. My "test" folder is where all my CC goes when I get it now and it stays there until I test it in game then from there it gets moved to whatever folder is best. It has made life easier.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited February 2017
    Instead of taking hours of fixing your CC you can follow this tutorial and be done in 5 min. Figured you might need it :wink:

http://sims4studio.com/thread/1658/batch-custom-items-sims-shower
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Orchid13 (and everyone in general -- seems to be some uncertainty about some of this):

EDIT: Well, @Zafireria beat me to it. That tutorial is a bit dated, but may still work. The drop-down menu options that I describe have been added since it was written.

I don't know about official Guru acknowledgement, but the 'salmon bra' issue is one that's been reproduced and confirmed by Crinct over on the AHQ pages. (As you can see when/if you follow the link that Rosemow provided.) Note that it is only about the default EA salmon bra appearing on the nude outfit. If you're seeing any other clothing, that would be CC clothing and reflect a CC issue.

For CC issues, you can download the latest Sims 4 Studio and it has a 'batch fix' for the clothing. A couple of them, actually. So what that means is, being a batch fix, it will scan your whole CC folder (you have to tell it where your CC/Mods folder is -- it pops up a requester) and automatically fix any CC that's glitched to appear on the nude outfit. It's really very handy and you don't have to go searching out each piece of CC one by one. When it completes, it will tell you how many files it scanned, how many needed fixed and how many were fixed successfully (don't think I've ever had any that couldn't be fixed, but it's there, just so you know). It also backs up the original CC files that it fixes, just as a safeguard in case anything goes wrong.

Specifically, after you start up Sims 4 Studio, look up at the menu bar up top. Select "Tools" then "Batch fixes" then "CAS" and there are two of them that you may want to run, "Disallow CC for default garment" and "Disallow CC for shower." It'll take a little while to run as it's going to scan your whole CC folder, but it generally completes fairly quickly, depending on the speed of your machine, of course.

One other thing -- if you do have glitched CC and it's showing up on a Sim's nude outfit, fixing the CC alone is probably not enough to remedy the issue entirely. The problem is, the game needs to re-generate the nude outfit. The CC will no longer appear on any other Sims, but since the nude outfit is generally only generated once and not updated by the game, the glitched clothing tends to 'stick.'

For this, there's another little mod, Reset Bathing Outfit by Lynire. It's a small, unobtrusive mod -- it just adds a console command that you can use to reset a Sim's nude outfit. (Actually, as I understand it, what it does is delete the existing nude outfit, which then causes the game to generate a new one. As long as you've fixed any glitched CC, the new one should be clothing-free.)

I have experienced an odd glitch a time or two (very rarely) when using the Reset Bathing Outfit command where it came out with a black (like missing texture black) torso, but simply issuing the command again caused the game to reset the outfit properly. I suspect that was just a game glitch or perhaps caused by some other mod I had been testing at the time.

As always, to be safest, it's a good idea to save your game before you use the fix, then use the 'Save As...' option to save your game with a new name in a new slot after using the fix. That way on the off-chance that it does cause any problems, you can load your old save back in and return everything to the way it was.

Note that the Reset Bathing Outfit will fix the salmon bra issue, but only temporarily. It resets the nude outfit, but since the glitch is part of the main game code, it'll just happen again the next time you do something to trigger it. (Generally triggered by editing outfits in CAS, changing an alien between disguised and undisguised and switching a vampire between normal and dark form -- or even using a vamp power that would normally trigger dark form, even if you don't have a dark form.) Hopefully the Gurus will find and squash that bug sometime soon.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    @Orchid13 when I get home tonight, I'll take some pics of my mods folder so you can see how mine is set up.

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Thank you, @Ayradyss that is really helpful.

• Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Thank you, @Ayradyss that is really helpful.

It really was and I gave her an awesome for it. It is always worthwhile to do this for your fellow simmers when they help out.

• Options
    Yes I just did, thanks for reminding me, @Mendota I always forget to do that.

• Options
    Hey, thanks! I'm glad that it was helpful! :smile:
  • Options

@Orchid13 As promised, here's some pics of my mods folder to help illustrate what I meant about sub folders. First, here's my main mod folder and how I have everything (semi)-organized. Feel free to make your own categories.

32806363372_f2f4924aae_b.jpg

If you go into the furniture folder (which scrolls on for an eternity) you'll see there are sub folders at the top, and "loose" files below that. The subfolders contain certain sets.

32116893144_0c2d8e6f8b_b.jpg

You do NOT want to put subfolders in your script/game mods folder. You can see below I have a number of vampire mods in my script folder. As much as my OCD wants to make a Vampire folder to put them all in, I don't. If scripts are several levels too deep into sub folders, they may not work. So instead, leave them loose and floating freely in the Scripts folder:

32145764903_2ec2c050b8_b.jpg

Hope that helps :)

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Trowicia wrote: »
    windweaver wrote: »
    I've used sim studio to go through my cc, some of it was mislabeled for "nude". You can untick it.

What is "sim studio" and where do you find it.

The link @Trowicia put down has nothing to do with it as far as I could see.

I never put down a link. (unless you're referring to my signature link which is irrelevant :lol:)

But yeah, Osprey got the right link for you.

oh, I didn't recognize that as a signature. I read it as part of your post. Sorry.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @Orchid13 I use Sims 4 tray importer. First u need to recognise what cc it is showin on ur sim. Then go into cas, put a sim in that outfit and save the household. Then exit the game and go to the importer. Pick the household that has the bad cc, click the cc tab and the cc is there. Right click and click show in folder. Then just delete it
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Ayradyss wrote: »

I followed and did exactly what you did, @Ayradyss then went into the game and the same thing happened. I then went through each one until I found the one that I know my Sim has on when she showers and deleted it. So not sure now. Perhaps it's a bad CC piece I might delete it from my CC mods folder now I know the name of it. But it did say it couldn't do 22 others, so perhaps that was one of them.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @SageRainWillow
    @Ayradyss
    @ChloeDeCookie
    @ladybreid

Thank you for your help :) I'm pretty taking notes right now about everything you've said! This information has been really helpful and I'm bookmarking this thread in case I need a little reminder
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Ayradyss wrote: »

I followed and did exactly what you did, @Ayradyss then went into the game and the same thing happened. I then went through each one until I found the one that I know my Sim has on when she showers and deleted it. So not sure now. Perhaps it's a bad CC piece I might delete it from my CC mods folder now I know the name of it. But it did say it couldn't do 22 others, so perhaps that was one of them.

Wow, it was unable to fix 22 files? That's something. Definitely outside my own experience, but I guess that's why they include that info. I don't know enough to say why it would have that problem. Sorry to hear that it didn't work though. It may be something to ask about over on the S4S forums.

One other thing I'll mention about Sims 4 Studio -- you can use the "My CC" button to look through your CC files. It will show your Mods folder & subfolders, and you can select specific package files and see a preview of how they look in game so you can figure out what file is what piece of clothing or whatnot. You also have a limited set of editing options in that mode, as well as the ability to just delete the selected package.

Sorry again that the batch fix didn't catch the file that was affecting your game. Hopefully it at least helped prevent other pieces from causing trouble if it fixed others, and may solve some folks' issues. It's definitely a good tool to start with.
  • Options
    That's fine having them listed, like you say, @Ayradyss at least I know the name of it and can delete it completely out of my mods folder.

• Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Alexai wrote: »
    Does Sims studio work for Macs?

Hello @Alexa.
    There is a Mac version of the program
    This is a link to the download page. You need though to register with the site first to access the download page and install the program. It is free to register though
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/6065/sims-studio-appletini-open-beta

Thank you! As usual, you are so very helpful.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @SageRainWillow a few script mods can actually go two levels deep and can only work that way. A big example is the shortcuts mod. Also thanks for the advise coz I need to sort out my mod file too
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.