Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GOOD NEWS, Everyone! Vampires can MURDER!

Guess carl got an early copy, take a look here:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/vampires/powers-weaknesses.php

Specifically, this snippet:
Influence Emotion (3 Ranks)
Grand Master

Allows your Sim to give an emotion to nearby Sims. Affects a large area around the Sim, causing a +2 Moodlet at rank 1 of any emotion you choose. At rank 3, it gives +8 versions of those Moodlets. It can therefore be used to kill Sims, as a couple of jokes or a slap to the face will put Sims over the line for enragement or hysteria.

Dunno about the rest of you but this makes me happy. Always wanted a practical method of murder for storytelling.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?"

Comments

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member

Grand Master

Allows your Sim to give an emotion to nearby Sims. Affects a large area around the Sim, causing a +2 Moodlet at rank 1 of any emotion you choose. At rank 3, it gives +8 versions of those Moodlets. It can therefore be used to kill Sims, as a couple of jokes or a slap to the face will put Sims over the line for enragement or hysteria.

Dunno about the rest of you but this makes me happy. Always wanted a practical method of murder for storytelling.

OMG!!! Well Grand Master vampires seem to be really cruel :D At least when you give them that power! Oh my goodness, this will be fun *cough*
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Another snippet that's of interest:
    Vampire Hunters

Vampire hunters are in the game code, though I haven't yet encountered one. Their purpose is to attempt to cure vampirism, so they may take powers away. This could be good reason to take the Vampiric Strength buff, as you might not want to lose a fight to someone who wants to take your immortality (but not your life). It is likely a bigger issue as your Vampire grows in power and my own experience with the game is a very limited sample size. It is worth noting that this is programmed into the game, I'll write more on it when I learn more!

No clue if it's a thing or not, but guess we'll see. That would be interesting too.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm wondering if that won't be a new career option for us.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member

Grand Master

OMG!
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Yeah, I spoiled myself and looked through all the powers and weaknesses and they are actually pretty neat. I do wish there were more weaknesses to choose from with more staggering gameplay affects, but I'm not unhappy with the selection we have. What I do wish is that vampire hunters could actually kill vampires. I get why they didn't add it (I guess, anyway. Plenty of games have killing and don't need an M rating), but man it would be cool. Maybe even autonomously! You'd have to be rather sneaky.

I wonder if sims who have the ability to will autonomously drink the beverage or whatever that prevents a vampire from drinking from them. That would be interesting, but I doubt it exists. Though, the modding community usually picks up this kind of slack lol.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Whoa.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Now I'm even more excited! Gaaaaah I hope today goes quickly...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    Reading about all these powers and gaining points and moving up in vampire levels...it all seems a little daunting and confusing. I hope it makes more sense when I'm actually playing.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,646 Member
    YAAASSS.
    raw
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    YES! (Dancing a little circle around the pentagram drawn on my living room floor).
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    YAAASSS.
    raw

Me right now too lol
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,553 Member
    i see this as bad news since none of the vampires i will create will be killing sims only changing them to vampires
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    And what about a normal sim... will they be able to kill the vampires?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    If you time it right also, If a Sims needs are low (Hunger) and a vampire feeds off of them they will look like The Vampire killed them too.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    i see this as bad news since none of the vampires i will create will be killing sims only changing them to vampires
    Well as long as you don't give them the power, you'll be fine
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Hopefully a modder enables this for non-vampires.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    Nice! :smiley:

This is cool for an option if one wants to go the more lethal vampire gameplay route.

Why is it bad news? It's optional, and it's good news for other simmer who would like an option to make deadly vamps.

Options are important for this kind of game. Not everyone will share your exact playstyle. The sims series should be about catering to multiple playstyles.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    That is great, however it is a shame I got to learn this on a forum instead of while playing the game myself. Nobody uses spoiler warnings anymore. :'(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    It's a good thing that Sims4 is not online then as I could see mass killings going on there with blackmail as well! Do this or I kill your Sim. >:)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    That's great for the people who wanted this! Personally, I'm not a fan of the emotional deaths.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is pretty interesting. I was beginning to think I was one of the last deviant Sim players left. Good to know there are many. :D I'm not alone, I'm not alone. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Oh my! I love this!
    Really enjoying how this GP also seems to be a bit more mature than usually. [Checks the drinking animations for vampires] Heheh.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm a huge fan of the emotional deaths and this seems pretty awesome. Thanks for telling us.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

You won't have to give them this power if you don't want to. You can play it the way you want to play it. I'm going to try this at least once, and happy we pick the powers we want them to have, or make them earn them so it's up to you. That's a good thing if you don't want to do this.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    YAAASSS.
    raw

:D:D:D:D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top