Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Android vs. iOS

Β«1
crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
Discuss.
apple-vs-android.png
ttp://bestandroidapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/apple-vs-android.png
Android is better imo
Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be

Comments

• Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited January 2017
    Same, Android FTW! Hurray affordability!

Tbh, Apple as a whole just annoy me to no end! At college, you're basically forced to use Mac computers in the Art department and I HATE THEM! The operating system is weird, there's no Task Manager if your PC crashes, they all have US keyboards for no reason whatsoever (I'm in the UK, yes there's a difference in US and UK keyboards), and there's a random command button there!

THE CMND BUTTON DOES EVERYTHING THAT THE CTRL BUTTON DOES, EXCEPT THE CTRL BUTTON DOESN'T DO IT ANYMORE, SO WHAT THE FUDGE IS THE CTRL BUTTON THERE FOR?! I DON'T GET IT! EITHER MAKE THEM INTERCHANGABLE, OR JUST REMOVE THE CMND BUTTON ENTIRELY!

Edit: To be honest though, they're brilliant on Photoshop and Illustrator! Got to give them some credit! xD
  • Options
    McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    I prefer Apple to be honest, but really the only reason is because I can't stand the Android UI. If Android changed it to something similar to the sleeker Apple design, I would probably switch ASAP. :smile:
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • Options
    TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    Apple. Period.
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    Android! I don't like using apple products :s
  • Options
    Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    i like both, but i would always prefer windows ;)
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I like the Apple design but I love Androids more.

However I really want a flip phone. I miss my old one so much.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm more used to Android since I switched over back in high school. I feel safer because people don't want to steal my phone since it's not an iphone lmao :sob:
  • Options
    amiebabes_oxamiebabes_ox Posts: 14 New Member
    Android :)
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    iOS. and it's not a opinion it's a fact.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I was an Apple fan since the 1990s but I must admit that what they've been doing with their OS and software in general has changed, especially after Lion in OS X. It's slower and much more buggy.
    I now prefer Android, although I regret the rootless feature. That said, everything has become rootless lately. It's for more safety, right, but it's driving me crazy especially on some devices that you can't root no matter what, or when it's extremely complicated to do (for example, try rooting a Samsung SM-G7105 without Odin - that's my phone - see what I mean ?).
    THE CMND BUTTON DOES EVERYTHING THAT THE CTRL BUTTON DOES, EXCEPT THE CTRL BUTTON DOESN'T DO IT ANYMORE, SO WHAT THE FUDGE IS THE CTRL BUTTON THERE FOR?! I DON'T GET IT! EITHER MAKE THEM INTERCHANGABLE, OR JUST REMOVE THE CMND BUTTON ENTIRELY!
    They're the same most of the time, not always. For more advanced use, there are a few differences between ctrl and cmd.
    In Apple computers, Activity Monitor replaces the task manager. It has more advanced control. And you always have alt-cmd-esc to force quit if you wish.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Android. Equivalently powerful Android hardware is cheaper. And the usability is pretty good as well.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I don't see the point in spending the extra cash on Apple.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    iPhone doesn't have a back button. that should be case closed.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I've never touched anything related to Apple. (not because I hate it, I just can't afford it) But my (nine year-old) brother always talks about the newest iPhone which just makes me hate it.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Android.

Apple is too expensive. They make a good product but it's really expensive. Android phones are cheaper, most of them, some are pretty expensive too but still. Android has more options to since many brands produce android devices, if you don't like one brand you can chose another. My motorola android phone was the best phone I've ever had it lasted through YEARS of abuse, none of my phones have lasted so long. I got it because I couldn't afford an apple phone and my 1st galaxy was the worst phone I've ever had. I miss that phone. You can get expensive better qaulity android phones, or you can get cheap ones if it's all you want or need. I've seen unlocked android phones for 100 dollars, I think I saw one for 50 even, brand new. Probably won't last as long or be as powerful, but if it's all you want/need/can afford... it's pretty nice to have that option. ios is too exclusive, too one size fits all... you'll never get a competive ios market, but you get a competive android market and competition is a really good thing. I mean ios does compete against android so there's some, but it doesn't compete against itself so apple can basically do what they want. People don't want android well they'll buy whatever overprice iphone is out at the moment because it's all they can really do. Don't want ios, you still have lots of phone options,

I don't get the UI complaints though? I've never really used an iPhone so I dunno what exactly it's like but my android ui is pretty sleek. Very user friendly. I'd hate trying to use an iphone, because I'm not used to it. Just like if you're used to iphone of course android will be different and take some getting used to. That doesn't mean it's worse or anything, just different. You've just gotta give it a chance before you decide it's worse.

• Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @dreamerz13 Same with Motorola, I haven't seen a phone with such a long lifespan and good battery other than this brand. I currently have a Samsung I got for free, it's buggy 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Back to Motorola next time.
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I used to have a Samsung phone and I hated the Android system. It was difficult to navigate. I definitely prefer the iOS system. It is simple to navigate and very user-friendly.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I got myself a Samsung S5 almost two years ago. It worked perfectly then, but a few bugs started to creep up when I upgraded to Lollipop, then to Nougat. Although for the most part, it's still a pretty great phone that works well. IMO.

I understand that the main appeal of iOS products is their user-friendliness. At least that's what one coworker told me about liking his iPhone.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I don't really care. When I got my first touch screen phone I went with an iPhone because I knew it's a well-known product, and thus if I had any questions I could easily find answers online in a flash. I've gone with iPhones ever since. I've never really seen any reason to switch. The phone market is so large, and every phone is claiming it's the best and so much better than its competitors. To be honest, I don't care. The iPhone has a large install-base, gets a lot of the games and apps. It does more than I could ever need it to. So I'll just stick with it.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Android. Not a fan of Apple products in general.
  • Options
    LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    100% Android. The Galaxy line has been my absolute favorite (with the exception of the exploding S7s).
  • Options
    SquidlyDiddlySquidlyDiddly Posts: 29 Member
    Team Android. Apple products are trash
  • Options
    KassidyBauspiesKassidyBauspies Posts: 44 Member
    Android.
  • Options
    SweetJennSweetJenn Posts: 167 Member
    Apple all the way! :)
  • Options
    AngeliqeueAngeliqeue Posts: 87 Member
    Apple, because even tho you can't customize that much (if you look some more you may find something *wink wink*) it is much more secure.