Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you like to see in pets?

Comments

• Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I've wanted farms and zoo animals in the Sims. I thought it'd be fun for both jobs and homesteading challenges. :)

Caged and non-caged animals... Mini zoo set up. :)

My dream <3
  • Options
    I would to see an addition of farm animals to pets. At least I could really have a working farm with all the little kinks, lol.
  • Options
    Llama's! they're the mascot of The Sims, I've been wanting to see these things in pets for a long time

Great idea! that would be cool to see and they make great farm animals too.
  • Options
    chestercookie189chestercookie189 Posts: 65 Member
    Please, please chunky big headed English Bulldogs and Frenchies! The different breeds were pretty good in Sims 3... but now they have to be much better in Sims 4!,.... and horses... Please don't leave us without horses. I don't care about cars... Horses are a must. Give us really very big lots 50x50 at least where we can build houses with barns.

I agree I don't think in pets in the Sims 2 and 3 the dog breeds looked like the breed they were supposed to be for eg.the golden retriever looked like a Labrador and the bulldog looked ... strange I think they need to improve the models of the dogs so bulldogs and frenchies do look like big chunky dogs instead of weird... creatures I also think they need to add breeds such as...
    • basset hounds (with the chunky short fat legs and droopy eyes
    • dachshunds with long body's
    • shar pei's with rolls and rolls of wrinkles
    • Poodles On the Sims 3 pets they looked like they had giant lump things on there heads and body's it didn't look like they had had there fur cut into that style.
    • And Finally Chow Chow's with slightly visible eyes due to the giant chubby face

we also need a wider range of accessory's such as collars and you should be able to collect different coloured leashes to trade with other Sims like phone cases in the Sims 3 university
    and outfits for dogs like small dog boots and hoodies to add extra character to pets.

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Above and beyond anything, birth control!
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Do you remember, when we collected dragon eggs and hatched them into beautiful dragons which could sit on the sims' shoulders and help them do some magic? I would like to see them back, and then some nice farm animals.
  • Options
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Dunno what everyone else have written, but I would LOVE, LOVE, looooove for EA to avoid the playable-pet disaster from Sims 3. I just loathed that. How was it in Sims 2? Can't remember, but I would love for them none-the-less to avoid for us to have to actually PLAY pets. I want to keep them but not play them!

But, I remember the Sims 2 being so frustrating how you couldn't control them and how dogs could run away ! I liked the Sims 3 so much better where you could control cats, dogs and horses but not small pets.

• Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Also would like pets to sleep on the bottom of the bed in addition to sleep beside the owner.

And please dont take away the option to play as pets!!!
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    Also would like pets to sleep on the bottom of the bed in addition to sleep beside the owner.

I agree with this message, since My 2 Fur Babies sleep in bed with Me there Momma, :)
  • Options
    lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    I would like to see a grooming career or a veterinary career that is an active career. I would love to own a pet grooming salon.

I would love to have both of these. :)
  • Options
    Minai wrote: »

I agree I will cry if they take that option away :s

• Options
    ChibiFeliciaChibiFelicia Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to see the dogs and cats as fleshed out as the toddlers and have them interact with the multitasking as well (cat on lap in front of tv? or when reading a book? while eating? yes please!) and for them to sleep/perch on the head and foot end on the bed. you should be able to fit at least 5 cats on a single-bed, come on EA.

but cats and dogs seem to be talked about a lot already, so on to the rest

as much as I want horses, I do think they would be better fit in a farm life EP (if you already make stables and all the accessories for horses, it would be a really small step to adjust those accessories for cows and goats and sheep) so that the developers can put more into the actual in-house pets.

speaking of, I want a lot of small animals with a lot of interaction and customisation.
    I am talking full cas style or as least like how cas was in the sims 2 and 3 for sims.
    I want a difference between big birds and small birds, big rodents (like bunnies and rats) and small rodents (hamsters), small and big lizards, small and big snakes, with 2-3 life stages and different cages and interactions for all of them.
    and I want them to be able to be interacted with outside of their cages.

have birds fly from their perch in the kitchen to the one in the living room, only to fly to their cage in the hall to take a nap. have sims teach their small pets to stay on their shoulder and have them be able to walk them around. depending on how well they are trained they can get off and roam loose and their sim will have to catch them. I want to be able to interact with them and play with them while my sim is doing their homework of watching tv and be able to take them outside if they are trained to lvl10. (as such, doors should not open for them)
    and sims of all ages should be able to play with/help take care of them. I want my toddler cuddling my bunny dangit!

and last but not least, wildlife
    not too much of it, but forest critters should be back and roam the forest and neighborhoods like stray pets.
    I want the racoons and skunks back, with additional foxes and squirrels, wild bunnies, wild birds, etc.
    and most importantly, I want ALL wild animals be able to be tamed.
    I want my sim to be able to try to feed wild creatures as they come into their yard or go out into the woods to look for critters to tame/collect. It will take a lot longer than taming a stray dog or cat, but it is not impossible if you are persistent enough. (maybe make it easier if the wild animals are still babies than when they are already adults?)
    honestly, if you put wild animals in it, then please do this. I want my pet fox and pet squirrel. the animation of most of these pets is already there in their wild variants + additional animation can be stolen from either dogs or cats (racoons, skunks and foxes) or any of the smaller animals. honestly, if you look at real pet skunks or foxes, their behaviour is almost the same as cats with a bit of dog. this shouldn't be too hard to do.

deer would be really fun, but only when they implement horses
    wolves would be awesome (wild wolf animation + additional big dog animation) but both of these is not possible in a city environment, I think, so they'll only be spawned in a forest?
  • Options
    tiramisu6tiramisu6 Posts: 43 Member
    I want to see a much more diverse set of dog breeds. Like, super specific, such as a Maltese or a Shorkie. They should definitely have more options when it comes to their personalities and traits (Definitely some different walking styles like Sims have now - I.E. a bouncy dog or a mopey-ish dog) Various types of dog voices in general would be so cool. It's like in Nintendogs, they have a bunch of different types of voices. And I REALLY hope we'll be able to walk the dogs in an open-world environment. If I can't make my Sim walk in open-world, at least he can do it walking his dog.
    s7xTQov.gif
    "...but i’m just a soul whose intentions are good." - lana del rey
    week 102. still no open-world, pets or seasons expansion pack.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want woohoo for pets and try to make babies.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    probably been said but I would love a vet career running your own veterinary practice
  • Options
    unfortunately i don't think the team (who is producing the ep's) have listened to any of these wonderful ideas and opinion's which is why it is looking like it is only going to be cats and dogs although nothing has been confirmed i know i and i feel like i can speak for a lot of people here will be Very disappointed if small animals are taken out and there are not diverse sets of dog breeds that actually look like the breed they are supposed to be the whole point of the Sims progressing 1,2,3 and now 4 are that they are supposed to get more advance and improve so this expansion pack should be Much better than the Sims 3 pets.

i also had a good idea that in Create a pet you can create puppies unlike in the Sims 3 where u could only edit pre-existing puppies there should also be a larger variety of life stages and pet sizes for both cats & dogs... also i know the team wont see this but CAN WE PLEASE HAVE PET SHOPS AND VETERINARY PRACTICE'S that would drastically improve a pets and would make up for a lack of horses if there are no horses and can we please not have animal tanks and cages attached to a base i would like to be able to place a snake terrarium or a hamster cage on a surface although guinea pigs rats etc. should have to live in bigger cages.

Finally here are a few dog and cat breeds i would like to see made better in the Sims 4 that i think were rubbish in the Sims...

.hairless sphinx cats (and a photo because they are m a j e s t i c)
    animalia-life.club/openphoto.php?img=http://animalia-life.club/data_images/sphynx-cat/sphynx-cat6.jpg
    .chow-chows (and large fluffy dog breeds in general in ts3 they looked like ugly blobs)
    .golden retrievers (they looked like Labradors in ts3)
    .Persian cats
    .pit bulls and bull terriers BECAUSE the Sims 3 only had 2 dog breed sizes pit bulls were giant the same size as great Danes ???
    .wolf dogs (i know they are not dog official dog breeds and were not in ts3 but they are so majestic even just straight up wolves would be so cool)
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2017
    I would really love to see dog competitions, obstacle courses, and canine good citizenship training.

A veterinary career is a no-brainer. However, I would also like to see a part-time jobs such as pet groomer or dog walker.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited August 2017
    Puppies and kittens being able to Nurse.

Dogs being to look out the window like in TS3.

Pets following around their owner.

Larger pet litters, 2-4 puppies are so overrated. It would be lavish to have 3-5 babies in a litter.

Being able to play fetch or possibly letting them play with a basketball.

Children being able to play chase, catch, or tug of war.

Being able to walk your dog, this was always fun gameplay especially when you felt like your sims have been cooped up along with their pets.

Dogs being able to learn to swim, ugh that's like the cutest thing ever!!!

Bigger dogs? Definitely want sims to own a great dane tbh, It would be like.... amazing variance to other dogs.

Bigger baby animals, the puppies and kittens in TS3 were so small it became aggravating because of the plumbob covering them completely.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Horses or not - I want riding boots and proper hacking jackets.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    It is official, it is only Cat's & Dog's, the problem I am having though is I did not see My Pups Breed in the Video, that would be the only reason I would even buy that pack, is if I can make My Fur Babies in My game, otherwise not worth it to Me, which is Japanese Chins.

P.S. There is a Vet Career in that pack, so they heard that part at least, :)
  • Options
    ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    @BlueBlack007 Actually, its confirmed through twitter asks with the gurus that they'll be cats and dogs, as well as raccoons and foxes. Also, one of the gurus (I don't quite remember which one) stated that there will be more breeds revealed in the upcoming months, so maybe you will be able to make your own doggos in the Sims 4 Cats & Dogs!
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    @BlueBlack007 Actually, its confirmed through twitter asks with the gurus that they'll be cats and dogs, as well as raccoons and foxes. Also, one of the gurus (I don't quite remember which one) stated that there will be more breeds revealed in the upcoming months, so maybe you will be able to make your own doggos in the Sims 4 Cats & Dogs!

I sure hope so, I do not use Twitter nor Facebook, so I can only rely on the Sims pages for their News, so thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited August 2017
    I really want to be able to have hairless cats and dogs! They do exist, after all. Sphynx cats, Chinese Cresteds, Mexican Hairless dogs! Also, Cat Person and Dog Person traits, like in TS3. For example, Cat Person Sims would often roll whims pertaining to cats, build relationships with cats faster, and get positive moodlets from interacting with cats. Same with Dog Person Sims, but with dogs.
  • Options
    JaspingoJaspingo Posts: 30 Member
    It'd be really cute if there could be hamsters and they can run around on the floor in a ball!!
    Still very excited to see this though!
  • Options

by the way it the foxes and raccoons are not a separate species i am a little confused but from all the information i have gathered it appears that raccoons are just cats and foxes are just dogs ... which we had in Sims 2 (with the foxes) i thought that a fox and a raccoon would be a sub species to the dogs and cats ... so in my opinion we are still just getting dogs and cats -_-