Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Omg stop auto picking up a serving!

Comments

• Options
    JodainJodain Posts: 95 Member
    I have had this same problem as well. It's pretty annoying. However, I noticed that when my Sim made a cake (and sugar cookies, now that I think about it), he put them down without taking a serving. He has picked up a serving of everything he has cooked, though.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I thought this is a bug because of mods. But apparently other people experience the same thing. After cooking the sims will take a serving and instead of eating it they place it inside their inventory... I have to go in the inventory, sit them down and then choose eat serving or so... It's annoying. Before this Sims used to grab a serving, go to the table and eat, now they put it in the inventory... I am assuming it has to do with City Living though. since Sims can stand at a table and sell stuff from their inventories. I saw a few sims already using that table with woodcraft objects, also collectibles.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    ... How's the waist line of your sims? I'm sure by the next day you will have two sims that will give a Potbelly Pig a run for it's money in size! lol
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    bunchie05bunchie05 Posts: 89 Member
    My sim will cook and immediately put a serving in her inventory. I didn't know this was happening until i checked and noticed a serving of all her meals from the week
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    bunchie05 wrote: »
    My sim will cook and immediately put a serving in her inventory. I didn't know this was happening until i checked and noticed a serving of all her meals from the week

Like a squirrel! But instead of packing all that food in their cheeks, it's in their inventory LOL. Maybe your sim is planning to hibernate lmao
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I noticed if my toddler is upstairs and my sim is cooking (chef career) she does NOT put a serving in her inventory and if he is in the room with her it is sometimes and if he is in the highchair it is always (even if he is busy eating peas)
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I noticed if my toddler is upstairs and my sim is cooking (chef career) she does NOT put a serving in her inventory and if he is in the room with her it is sometimes and if he is in the highchair it is always (even if he is busy eating peas)

That is a great discovery! It could explain a lot. Now that I think on it my toddler was around. It still doesn't completely explain the baking issue, as people are reporting that they can't do wedding cakes and such. This is before they even have any children.

• Options
    XenomorphicAlixXenomorphicAlix Posts: 14 New Member
    This is the only glitch I've had recently that really gets on my nerves. Especially at first because I didn't notice it happening. I've also had a sim just walk around with a plate in their hand like it wasn't anything.
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    Well now I do not have any toddlers but the MOM sim will still occasionally put a serving in her inventory when cooking but the father and teens do not.

*shrugs and throws hands up* Hopefully they fix it.

It was working ok for me before as long as the toddler was elsewhere... bah.
  • Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    that is crazy i have not had it happen to me but that would be annoying
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    It doesn't matter for me if the sim is female or male. Currently I am playing a male and right after cooking, he takes a plate and puts it into his inventory... He does not have any toddlers around and lives in an apartment. :(
  • Options
    Honwy_bear970Honwy_bear970 Posts: 1 New Member
    Turn off autonomy. Worked for me.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Try having them cook when they're not extra hungry -- I had my Sim bake a cake for her daughter's birthday, ready to cancel any queued actions, and she put the cake in the fridge without taking a piece which made me happy. I hadn't seen this bug in the game before, but I moved my family from their old house to a new one (I wanted a single-floor house for the upcoming new baby) and it just started happening in the new house. Fortunately my Sim has the Fresh Chef trait (I played her when the game first came out, then saved her pregnant self to the Gallery along with her husband and teen daughter) so the food in inventory never spoils.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2017
    This is so annoying, I wish they would fix it.I don't even have a toddler or a baby or any kids at all, so I don't understand why they are putting a plate in their inventory.
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    This has ruined my sim's home business! She bakes a serving of (8) baked alaska for $100 and sells them for $1053 at her yard sales. Now that she takes an auto-serving everytime she bakes, I can only sell servings of 7, not 8. The servings of 7 sell for $270ish. So im making almost 80% less! Lol frustrating.. ive been doing money cheats to give my sim the money she should be getting
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Turn off autonomy. Worked for me.

I only play with autonomy off.
    Doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    So I baked the cake with the hunger bar completely at green and they don't take an auto serving!

But it shouldn't have to work that way, once again I feel like the game is dictating how I play.

I hope this gets fixed.
  • Options
    FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    ....Also, is there a mod to take the time limit off on parties. This auto take a serving is ruining parties and I need more time to try and make cakes.

'Longer Parties/ More guests' mod allows you to have a party that lasts 24 hours. You can choose just the longer parties mod - but having more guests is a really nice option.
    http://modthesims.info/d/558097

akddFdd.gif
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I have this issue too, but only if the chef is hungry (at least yellow) when cooking (autonomy is always off, but that still doesn't help if they are hungry).

I have had a different issue though since the toddler patch, that is causing weddings to be difficult. I always bring a pre-made cake (with a topper) to my venue, as I've never been able to trust the caterers and simply don't hire them anymore. But now the couple is refusing to cut the cake (says they have to wait for the newly-weds). One wedding was rescued by the bride baking a new cake on site. Tried that at another wedding that still wouldn't let them cut it. I ended up loading up the save before they traveled to the venue, and held the party at home instead. There they could finally cut the same cake that they couldn't cut at the venue.

Wedding cakes are just a mess right now.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    this is kind of a workaround, if it's your active sim baking the wedding cake. As soon as it's done, before they have set it down/been able to take a piece, click on the cake and add wedding topper
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    ProudToBeBreProudToBeBre Posts: 2 New Member
    Marley V wrote: »
    this is kind of a workaround, if it's your active sim baking the wedding cake. As soon as it's done, before they have set it down/been able to take a piece, click on the cake and add wedding topper

This doesn't work for me. I've tried it countless times because I assumed it would work.

I just have the plain vanilla game, no mods, not DLC's except the free Holiday pack.
  • Options
    Marley V wrote: »

This doesn't work for me. I've tried it countless times because I assumed it would work.

I just have the plain vanilla game, no mods, not DLC's except the free Holiday pack.

Yea, that doesn't work for me either.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Dito!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg