Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    ...when one of the first things you do, when you open your browser, is to visit the store and look after the daily deals. (I know, there´s a list for that. But the only reason my simself isn´t absent-minded is, because I... kind of forgot.)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    When you watching holiday baking championship and you recognize two of the tunes from the sims 3.
  • Options
    Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    My graphics card blew up two weeks ago and took out the motherboard with it, so I've been stuck on this old little laptop which can't handle Sims3 at all. Two weeks without my Sims and at a pivotal point in my 16th century legacy. Two weeks without Sims - TwO wEeKs - t-t-t-ttwoo weeekkkss!!! What's a Sims3 addict to do???
    Use the time to plan out your legacy well into the next century from wherever you left them?

Been doing that and getting a lot of good ideas. But the computer shop says I'll need a rebuild from old parts since Win 7 is no longer supported; not ready to move up to Win 10 yet - but that's a whole other thread. Been going on YouTube and looking at various Sims videos to keep me sated while I patiently/impatiently wait.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Jed_Bartlet_02 - breath in - breath out... All will be well! ;)
    (I once was so desperate, I tried playing The Sims FreePlay. The music helped a bit. The game not so much. :D )

@Waterdragon Agreed. Sims Free Play su*cks!!! :grimace:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2017
    When you are a simlit author using the sims 3 and you dreamt of a potential scene that really happened in your game the day after. Just because you thought of your gameplay and your story too much o:) .
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    edited November 2017
    You choose Sims over actual real-life relationships. :#
  • Options
    galentvgalentv Posts: 4 New Member
    Haha lol
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »

When you have a pre-teen child in your household who already has a best-selling romance novel under her belt
    and is bringing home more than $3500 a week in royalties.

24199765328_6a4f428ddf_b.jpg

@BlackSand I'd love to have that kind of income! And for writing books too. :D
  • Options
    I took a bath this morning in real life and thought to myself "I'm glad I don't have the eco-friendly trait. If I had the eco-friendly trait, this would be upsetting me right now".
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    When you need to bring up your task manager and keep hitting Ctrl+Shift+C instead of Ctrl+Alt+Delete and wondering why it won't work :tongue:
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    You're watching the Voice & the fiddler gal comes on & your brain yells, that's my favorite ITF hairstyle!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    My graphics card blew up two weeks ago and took out the motherboard with it, so I've been stuck on this old little laptop which can't handle Sims3 at all. Two weeks without my Sims and at a pivotal point in my 16th century legacy. Two weeks without Sims - TwO wEeKs - t-t-t-ttwoo weeekkkss!!! What's a Sims3 addict to do???
    Use the time to plan out your legacy well into the next century from wherever you left them?

Been doing that and getting a lot of good ideas. But the computer shop says I'll need a rebuild from old parts since Win 7 is no longer supported; not ready to move up to Win 10 yet - but that's a whole other thread. Been going on YouTube and looking at various Sims videos to keep me sated while I patiently/impatiently wait.

I just moved up to Windows 10 because I got a new computer. I was stunned to have no problems. Hope you sort yours out soon.

Have you come across my videos yet? I started learning how to do them this year and they're about a bunch of Sims living in Isla Paradiso finding islands and diving etc. Now they've found all the islands and done enough diving for a while they've started exploring tombs in World Adventures.

• Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited November 2017
    When the Sims 3 helped me with the hardest parts of my life. I'd play till I slept. (family issues) Sims 3 was the best for me. Sims 2 was great aswell for many years.... But Sims 4 doesn't have that spark for me. I love it, but don't have the same memories from sims 2 and 3.
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    When you need to bring up your task manager and keep hitting Ctrl+Shift+C instead of Ctrl+Alt+Delete and wondering why it won't work :tongue:

This. I do it all.the.time!
    I also try to pause youtube videos by pressing "p".

• Options

This. I do it all.the.time!
    I also try to pause youtube videos by pressing "p".

I've been in google maps, put my mouse to the edge of the map and wanted to know why it wasn't scrolling. I also was looking at a picture on a search engine and tried to right-click drag to scroll the picture over. Of course neither attempt worked. Lol.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2017
    I took a bath this morning in real life and thought to myself "I'm glad I don't have the eco-friendly trait. If I had the eco-friendly trait, this would be upsetting me right now".

@Anthonydyer haha yes they are so mad, one of my sims is eco-friendly and when the dishwasher broke she felt not good, she panicked. So your thought about taking a bath is totally accurate.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    galentvgalentv Posts: 4 New Member
    haha lol
  • Options
    ...when your game suddenly refuses to load saves because of "missing content" and you want to break into tears. Then becoming extremly happy, when you fix the problem (I somehow managed to move my "installed worlds" folder to my desktop while clearing caches. I really don´t know, how I did that :| ).

• Options
    xiaoisxiaois Posts: 141 Member
    You see someone at the grocery store and either a. Think about how pretty they would be as a sim or b. freak out because they already look like a sim you’ve made.
  • Options
    I remember sitting a café in a shopping mall one day a few years ago. I watched a man walk along and as I watched him move I thought that if I saw him in a Sims game I'd think he was a werewolf.

Another time I saw someone wearing shorts of the same colours and design as shorts I have in my game and never put on my sims because I don't like the colours. I was shocked to see someone wearing them in real life.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    IllyDior wrote: »
    You see someone at the grocery store and either a. Think about how pretty they would be as a sim or b. freak out because they already look like a sim you’ve made.

@IllyDior Ditto!
    There's a lady at my church who looks nearly 100% similar to Cornelia Goth (from Sims 3)! Hair and everything! :astonished:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »

@IllyDior Ditto!
    There's a lady at my church who looks nearly 100% similar to Cornelia Goth (from Sims 3)! Hair and everything! :astonished:

Does she play Sims 3?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

@IllyDior This already happened to me. I saw someone in a class I took who looked just like a sim I made back in 2011. I had no knowledge of this person in 2011, so this was completely on coincidence. The similarities were even down to similar clothing and accessories. I took the class in early 2017.

It was an amazing feeling. Mind blown.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When you stare at people noses in real life, wondering which sliders were used to create that shape.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2017
    You go into withdrawals when you go 8 hrs without being on the Sims 3 forum because you're wondering about everyone's stories.

DARN YOU...REAL LIFE!!!!
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top