Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Wow so many kids... How many has Jensen had by now? XD

@JoAnne65 Lance is a babe, you must like him a lot because I've seen him many times on the forums before lol. Love the kids, especially Jodie. Red hair and green eyes is my weakness.
    Haha, thank you (your sims are gorgeous by the way and I like how you can see how the genetics were divided and how the children take after their parents). Yes, I've grown very much attached to him - this picture of him was my avatar for a while - and I like his looks so much, that that is the only reason I allowed him to make my heir pregnant :p (I've played a legacy for years, then played him and now I'm back playing my legacy family). Daryl is his sixteenth kid. His seventeeth kid he carried himself, after being abducted >:)

Thanks all, I think she looks adorable too :blush: And that animation (and the facial expressions of the kid) is one of my favourites in the game.

p.s. I agree with your heir by the way @Mikezumi, he's cute; I really like how they all have very different looks.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've been surprised by the amount of genetics the game can throw at a family. Here is the most current picture of my family (minus about 4 Sims who didnt want to show up). In this family we have (from left to right) So far this is only Generation1.9 Most of the children minus, Florian, Charla, and Soleil, Francine, and Blanche are Terrwynn and her previous husband Nicks. There hasn't been any children born to the adult children yet.
    Screenshot-978.jpg

Triplets Set 1: Soleil, Francine, and Blanche; Terrwynn’s nieces; Nick’s granddaughters.

Quads: Viktor, Gladion, Angella *Lily not present*,

Charla (Half Alien), Florian (Ellie’s IF)-hes to the left of Terrwynn-; Ellie (child of Terrwynn and Alistair Keyes)-shes behind Hiro-;

Triplets Set 2: Lyman (Lyman’s girlfriend Zoe not present), Zell, *Romeo not present; he’s dating Francine*

Triplets Set 3: Elfman (he’s dating Soleil), *Mirajane and Lisanna not present*

Triplets Set 4: **LAST set born to Nick and Terrwynn after his death** Nickolas Jr,. Nickolette, and Rena

Center: Terrwynn and her 2nd husband Hiro (wearing black vest);

Behind them family Plumbots: Mk13 *Red*, Siri *Bronze* and Fiber Optic *Blue*.

This is by far my largest family I've played yet. I had to move most of them out just to decrease the insanity lol. I love them all and so far most of them are all ready married (except for the children who are now Teens.)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @ElijahsBabyGurl9 That's an impressive family! I can't imagine how chaotic your game must be! Thanks for sharing your wonderful family pic :)
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    My current sims' oldest son is quite interesting in terms of looks.
    De6dIrG.png
    My sim, Daisy is right and his father is made-over Storyprogression generated stylist Tristen Donovan. He really takes after his father, particularly when you take a look at what he'll look like as a grown-up (He'll have a better hairstyle etc. of course) He just has his mother's dark brown eyes and curlier hair.

rpD7bp2.jpg

His mouth and nose seem a little different, but not too different to be his mother's. Maybe it's because fo the different skintone.
  • Options
    @GITTE2001 Thanks for sharing pics of your family :) To me, his mouth looks more like his father's but, as you say, the skin could make a difference. Good looking family!
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 I just now saw your P.S. Thanks :) I actually chose Chance as heir because he is a Party Animal and I love watching sims dance. His brother, Drew was my second choice as he is actually a sweeter sim :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 I just now saw your P.S. Thanks :) I actually chose Chance as heir because he is a Party Animal and I love watching sims dance. His brother, Drew was my second choice as he is actually a sweeter sim :)
    You can always have them still do things together. Or let them live together even for a while before Chance starts a family of his own.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @JoAnne65 Chance and his partner are unselectable in this save as I am playing a limited ISBI so they can't really do much together and Chance already has 2 kids with one on the way :p I will keep an eye on Drew and his family as I do all my spares and he will probably see light of day in another save down the track :)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    My Christmas photo actually shows best how the genetics in my game are playing out. Unfortunately, I'm missing Alanna.

Screenshot-4.jpg

And Alanna...

Screenshot-76.jpg

Screenshot-92.jpg
    You can really see in this picture how she has Grandma Fiona's hair and Haruo's facial features.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer Cute kids! Are some of the kids wearing the Asian faces? I look forward to seeing how the kids grow up as it is hard to tell much from the child face unless features are extreme. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @JoAnne65 Chance and his partner are unselectable in this save as I am playing a limited ISBI so they can't really do much together and Chance already has 2 kids with one on the way :p I will keep an eye on Drew and his family as I do all my spares and he will probably see light of day in another save down the track :)
    I had to look that up, ISBI, does it actually stand for ‘I'm Surrounded By Idiots’ :D ? Sounds like fun.

Love your kids @Nikkei_Simmer !
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 It is fun! I couldn't do the whole household or the kids because I like my kids well skilled, but just having the breeding couple is manageable :)
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer, great looking family! I must say Alanna is gorgeous!! <3
  • Options
    NovasiNovasi Posts: 46 Member
    I love genetics too.
    WTOiavS.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    jordand wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer, great looking family! I must say Alanna is gorgeous!! <3

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing what Alanna looks like as a teen. But I'm playing on EPIC...so it might take a while. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
  • Options
    NovasiNovasi Posts: 46 Member
    > @Mikezumi said:
    > @Novasi I look forward to seeing your sims when you are a member :)

Thank you! Sorry for the short comment, by the way. Not gonna lie, I was trying to get my 30 posts in. :lol:
    WTOiavS.jpg
  • Options
    @Novasi I know. You also need likes and awesomes so I left you those in this thread and on the other thread where simmers share their stories :) Good luck becoming a member :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Suddenly wondering: is your avatar sim the same woman as the one in you signature when she was young?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @JoAnne65 Yes and both are my simself. Young SS is based on me in late 30s, early 40s. Elder represents me now :)
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 Yes and both are my simself. Young SS is based on me in late 30s, early 40s. Elder represents me now :)
    You’re a beauty then. Both then and now.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    player2player2 Posts: 50 Member
    I absolutely adore the genetics in TS4. I've been playing my first Full House - 2 parents and 6 biological kids - and the family resemblance is great. The eldest daughter looks so much like the mum, and the second eldest son looks the spitting image of the father, right down to the haircut he aged up with :P Can't wait to post pictures of the whole family!
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    player2 wrote: »
    I absolutely adore the genetics in TS4. I've been playing my first Full House - 2 parents and 6 biological kids - and the family resemblance is great. The eldest daughter looks so much like the mum, and the second eldest son looks the spitting image of the father, right down to the haircut he aged up with :P Can't wait to post pictures of the whole family!

This is the sims 3.

• Options
    @JoAnne65 Thanks :) I had my day ;)

@player2 Although this is the sims 3 section of the forum, you are welcome to post pics of your family if you wish. I don't play TS4 but would be curious to see the genetics in it :)
  • Options
    player2player2 Posts: 50 Member
    @Mikezumi Oops I didn't realise! I'm new to the forum lyf.
    Now I'm a member, I'm going to post pictures of my first ever Full House family! I'm going to try really hard to unlock the 26 generations Achievement with this family!

39543668851_ae873a5250_b.jpg
    here's a picture of everyone!
    This is Karly and Clifton McGregor, the mother and father of the family. All of the children are born from these two parents.

24675658897_b89ffdb7fd.jpg
    24675573537_16c2949a02.jpg

Here is Luca McGregor (adult), the eldest child, and his fiancée Monica Mayfield. They've just had a baby who will be ageing up to a Toddler soon!

38647226945_8079aa6801.jpg
    24675703367_2f35a134cd.jpg

Here is Isabel (adult), the second eldest child, and Antonio (teen), the third eldest child.

38834313934_d24ec791f3.jpg
    38834327724_6ab80266ce.jpg

Here is Christopher, the fourth eldest child (teen) and the youngest children, twins Joshua and Lisa (teens).

38834327504_5238c66709.jpg
    24675573007_d95bee22da.jpg
    38834326874_6e6c4856d9.jpg

I absolutely love this family's genetics. The dad's squarer jawline is really prominent in Luca and Antonio's face, and both Isabel and Lisa look exactly like their mother. I can't wait to see what the teens look like when they become adults!