Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Thread

Comments

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Wow, some crazy ones there.
    I had an odd one last night. It felt so real. Another one of those where I think I'm awake, but I was actually asleep. In the dream my eyes were open and I saw a thick scarf hanging on the back of the closed bedroom door. At that point I thought, hand on, the bedroom door isn't shut and I don't have a scarf like that.
    The scarf then rolled itself up in a ball and launched itself off the back of the door and onto the bed just behind my head. I felt it as clear as day. I then felt a distinct movement and wondered what was happening, when a brown cat leaped over my and ran off the bed. It was SO real my eyes snapped open :o
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    xmellxxmellx Posts: 38 Member
    I have always had weird dreams, When i was younger I always had two recurring dreams the first one I was like alice in wonderland, I remember sliding down a rainbow being chased by the queen of hearts, getting stuck in a big wad of chewing gum at the end of the rainbow and having her close in behind me getting ready to take off my head :neutral:

The other one I was in my school playground I fell down a flight of stairs into this abandoned garbage storage place, I would call out to my friends but they wouldnt hear me, then a big door shuts behind me and gremlins slowly start crawling out of the metal bins towards me then I would wake up ...
  • Options
    :o No wonder you'd wake up. That first one sounded quite nice when you were sliding down the rainbow - but they soon turn nasty, don't they.
    I have quite violent dreams, and I've no idea why, since my life isn't violent/unhappy in anyway. I feel I have a blessed life - maybe that's why I'm thrown into disaster and mayhem in dream land.

My earliest memory of dreams was when I must have been about 4, 5. I would be up the top of our garden where we had some apple trees and I was happily wandering around there, when a wolf like the one one in Little Red Riding-hood, jumped over the fence, standing on his back two legs began to come after me and I ran as fast as I could into the house, where I slammed the door and hid in the cupboard under the sink.

Another one was where I was lowering myself out of my bedroom window with a rope and pulley attached to my little yellow bedside table. I remember always thinking it was true, but clearly at that age there was no way it happened or I'd have plummeted to my death!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Last night I dreamed that my partners work mate let me have his laptop; he had no use for it. I was happy to accept it, and he kept letting me know that it had cost him $4,000.00 and it was really still very new. I thought wow, it must be a good one for that price. I got it home and I wondered what graphics card it had, and if it would play Sims well, and again, thinking if it had cost him that much, it would have to play it mega well.
    I right clicked the screen to find what card it was. but none of the options came up, and I went looking through all the usual places, but just couldn't find it. I decided to type Dx Diag in the search box, but couldn't find the search box. This went on for I don't know how long and was getting really frustrated.
    Eventually I thought, stop stressing over this, you're dreaming, you won't have this computer by morning, so you're wasting all this time and effort when I could be sleeping.
    I turned over and thought of something better to dream about, but I just I carried on where I left off with that ****** computer!
    I woke up exhausted!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    when I was young I had this very strange (and I could remember it SUPER well!) dreamthat I was an ANT

like don't picture me as an ant xD picture a GIANT ant (size of a tiger) . I was controlling it... not like with a control but you know I.. was the ants.. mind?

aaaaanyways
    I had thefirsst ant dream in the forest.
    the NEXT night I had the same dream BUT in a factory

for some reason I want to make a game like that where an animal is living but then it is a game tht starts nice but gets REALLY dark and then ur trapped in the factory??
    IDK JUST SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD weird type GAME :D
    I am undead! :smiley:
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Muhahahahah, what an awesome thread! Especially as I often write my dreams down. I've just looked through one of my lists and here is a dream I had a little while ago. It's about Pokémon and Team Galactic!

Three evil Eeveelution gijinkas (Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon) were hunting Mars, trying to kill her. They could fire lightning, fire and water from their eyes and when their eyes glowed, they were going to fire. So Cyrus, Jupiter and Saturn rescued Mars and took her to Blackpool. The gijinkas did not follow because with those members of Team Galactic out of the way, they were now free to spend as much time with Charon as they wanted. (Apparantly, they liked Charon).

In Blackpool, Cyrus and the others were looking round a shopping mall but the shop dummies were evil and they came alive! They went after Team Galactic, who fled to the beach. Cyrus hid in a cave but I think the dummies went inside and the sand collapsed from above, covering the entrance. Saturn was able to clear the sand away and when Cyrus came out, he had his normal head but a robot body (I've written this in stories couple of times before, maybe that is why I dreamed it). Cyrus explained to Saturn, Mars and Jupiter that the evil shop dummies were trying to turn everybody into dummies too but when they had found Cyrus, they realised he liked machines better and so gave him a robot body. Luckily, after that, they had become bored and gone back to the mall.
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    I have this recurring dream, coming now and then, for I don't know how many years. Probably quite a bit more than a decade. I'm at the place where I lived when I was between 3-11. There was a row of mailboxes about 100 meters from the house (I lived in this foresty area when I was a kid, grew up in a village), and I dream that I go to our old mailbox and stick my hand down. Always a lot of old letters and such addressed to me. From my old penpals, for example. I can't really wrap my mind around it, because I can't say that I have some... unfinished business? Old luggage? from my childhood. Which makes it a bit "hmm" since I hope there isn't some subconscious scary stuff hahah.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    oh! I also have a recurring dream!
    I had it for quite a while too!

its always about this cute litel dandelion that's like "peace n stuff I'm so kyute"
    ;-;

I guess it represents me?

and then there is this SCREAMING ARMY THING THAT RUINS THE PEACEFUL MOOSIC and its quite shocking ;-;

then I wake up from ddying xD

I think it means I should stop squishing plants cause that's probably what they feel ;-;
    I am undead! :smiley:
  • Options
    RuthAnn107RuthAnn107 Posts: 55 Member
    I had a dream that I was with all of my cousins and we were at some kind of summer camp thing. All the trees were ridiculously tall for some reason. We were there to learn to play some kind of sport. I don't remember the rules, but I remember thinking that it was different from all the typical sports. We were free to roam the camp when we had nowhere to be but we had to be at specific buildings at specific times. I was talking with one of my cousins as we walked up to the door of the building we were supposed to be in. Somehow we were one minute late, and the teacher/coach locked the door. My cousin, who I was with, had never been late to anything before. He was getting upset. I thought, "If only I could fly I could get through the locked door." (Dream logic...) I then realized that I was dreaming, and that meant I could do anything I want. I floated into the air and stuck my arms out to steady myself. I began soaring through the sky like a bird, zig zaging through the super tall trees. I used my dream power to make objects appear in the sky, like sofas and house pants. I eventually woke up. Best dream ever!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited November 2016
    This one is really weird.. I had a dream I was in some older house, it was huge! It had hallways all kinds of rooms and stuff. Anyway I go upstairs to find a bathroom and I go in, I get in the tub but I don't take a bath i'm standing there like i'm hiding! LOL Then in a sec Chris Hemsworth walks in and is looking for me saying "Come on, love, we need to go." I guess we were married or something. lol I think I dreamed the hiding part because the night before I had been playing "Hide and go seek" with my nieces and nephew. I guess I was playing it with Chris. :D:D:D
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited November 2016
    I occasionally lucid dream, but you see, my imagination is absolutely terrifying, so you can imagine my lucid dreams are just horrific. The good thing about just having a normal dream is that when it gets freaky (which in my brain, 9/10 times it does) you wake up nearly immediately so it's all fine. However, when I lucid dream, things go freaking wild and I'm wishing to wake up! xD
    I have a very vivid imagination (and ADHD) so you can imagine how it goes when I end up in the middle of a lucid dream! xD

And normal dream-wise, they're usually really weird and disorientating (recently, I had a dream about loony tunes characters having a DDR-style dance battle in a creepy abandoned house while we were being attacked by Bloody Mary)!
  • Options
    I occasionally lucid dream, but you see, my imagination is absolutely terrifying, so you can imagine my lucid dreams are just horrific.
    And this is why I'm a bit scared of lucid dreaming haha, the only things I've done when realizing that I am is waking myself up! (Or, well, one time I looked at my hands because I heard that one hands looked different in dreams, something of the sorts.)
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Lightfield wrote: »
    I occasionally lucid dream, but you see, my imagination is absolutely terrifying, so you can imagine my lucid dreams are just horrific.
    And this is why I'm a bit scared of lucid dreaming haha, the only things I've done when realizing that I am is waking myself up! (Or, well, one time I looked at my hands because I heard that one hands looked different in dreams, something of the sorts.)

@Lightfield I also heard that your hands look different in a lucid dream, and not long after I heard that, I lucid dreamed about going to the toilet during the night. I felt weird (like I couldn't feel gravity under me) so I thought "I better look at my hands to check if I'm lucid dreaming"! Then my hands freaked out into a Sims-glitch-crossed-with-Parasyte-Style shape, so I screamed and jumped out the toilet window, smacked straight into the concrete slabs on the drive, and then I woke up! xD

My hands sort of looked like this (except without the eye and mouth):
    MigiSaysHi.png

And this is why hate lucid dreaming! xD
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, that's scary as heck! I understand your reaction hahaha. My hands were only slightly bigger and stronger-looking than my own, haha.
  • Options
    Lightfield wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, that's scary as heck! I understand your reaction hahaha. My hands were only slightly bigger and stronger-looking than my own, haha.

@Lightfield I think the fact I got out of the toilet window was the scariest part tbh! It's one of those little windows that opens a bit; no way am I small enough to fit through THAT! xD

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I had bad dreams after having to take paracetamol painkillers after I bruised my knees falling. I found online that the tablets were not guaranteed gluten free so changed my tablets to those that were - so that was a helpful dream to a Coeliac like me as the bad dreams didn't occur again.
  • Options
    Had a nasty one last night. It wasn't lucid, but very vivid. I was on an airplane which got hijacked. I can't remember much of it now, but I managed to wake myself up from it as I wasn't liking it at all!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    I always have really weird, realistic dreams. Sometimes they'll go very dark, but then I'll get a visit from a relative or my friend who passed away and then I know it's not real.
    Prefer it when my dreams are nice though
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    Last night I dreamed I was watching a lightning show. <3 That.was.amazing. And last week I dreamed my ring was broken. In the dream, I tried to fix it, but it ended up looking weird and messed up. When I woke up, I was immensely relieved to see it wasn't broken. Over the weekend I dreamed my bracelets were faded. :confused: I woke up relieved to see they were not faded. I have no idea what brought those dreams on. :p
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • Options
    bgkubbgkub Posts: 418 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    One of my craziest dreams was about this woman that gave birth to animals. I went to her home and she had tons of different animals everywhere. There was a zebra and a stingray in a kiddie pool. And these were all her offspring. And after being at her house the dream jumped to her giving birth. She looked fully nine months pregnant, and she was pushing and struggling, but all that came out was a single mosquito. I remember thinking in the dream how sad it must be to go through nine months of pregnancy for a mosquito. And then the dream jumped to this wise Indian man that lived in a decadent modern home isolated in the forest. He said something about those who are connected to the earth will birth animals. Yeah it was weird.

Wow, that's a bizarre one! Would be interesting to know what that one is supposed to mean.

the woman in this dream must have a very strong connection to animals or may literally be the mother of nature. Or it could mean the person who has had this dream has a big "motherly" heart for when you love animals you tend to be more loving and giving towards others, if you are a true animal lover of sorts.
    Just one of THOSE days!
    source.gif
  • Options
    SaraStrange22SaraStrange22 Posts: 35 Member
    The other night I had a dream I was killing zombies with Daryl Dixon but they were a mix of like TWD zombies and Resident Evil zombies, I'm guessing because I binge watched all the RE films the night before.
  • Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    A little over a year ago an ex boyfriend/friend passed away. I never dreamt of him before, even when we were a couple and later as friends. Then after he died about every 3 months, I've had a dream of him. The first one I remember the most. He was leaving to go some where in the dream and I was begging him not to go, but he kept saying that he had to go :cry:

The second one I just remember that we were in a bar talking and I asked him if he was tired and he said that he was. And I told him that I was too(I was dealing with a lot of issues with one of my sons at the time)

In the third one, we were a couple and the only thing I remember was driving with him in a old pickup truck to watch either the sunrise or sunset.

In the last one we were a couple as well. The only thing I remember from that one was the kissing.

I don't think there's any significance to the dreams. Probably just my grieving for him. He was my first love so he's always had a special place in my heart.

This is beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear about this.
  • Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    I'm so happy to have found this thread. I'm fascinated by dreams and lucid dreaming, which I am trying to achieve myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I'm so happy to have found this thread. I'm fascinated by dreams and lucid dreaming, which I am trying to achieve myself.

It's great fun. Let us know how you go.
    The first time I was aware that I was lucid dreaming was once when I was asleep I thought to myself, this is weird; how come I'm asleep with my eyes shut yet I can see my bedroom. I love it. That went on for some time, feeling amazed how I can see everything with my eyes shut. The next step was flying, and from there, the ability to change the direction of the dream if I don't like what's going on.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    I don't seem to remember my dreams. Sometimes, I woke up by my dreams, but I couldn't recall what it is the next morning. :'(