Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Thread

Comments

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    edited December 2016
    I had an old recurring dream last night where my teeth were beginning to crumble and fall out. I woke up to check they were all still in place. I hate that dream, it feels so real.

I then went onto dream that I wanted to buy a cash register for my home (for some strange reason). I bought one, took it home, and then wondered what I was going to do with it after buying it from a lady at Specsavers for $21. It had to be plugged into the mains, and once I'd done that it became like a telephone, and I wondered who was going to pay the bill as it wasn't in my name, and it wasn't my number.

No idea where dreams like that come from, or what they are supposed to mean.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    edited December 2016
    A dream I rather like:

I was in a big church, walking around. I knew there would be something that would unnerve me, but I didn't know what, until I saw a big painting. It was a dark cell, with a decapitated man in it. Beautiful but creepy, especially since he had a look of utter terror on his face, and it felt too grim for a church (even though I've seen pictures of... pretty grim stuff in churchs). Apparently it was a saint, he knew he was going to be decapitated, and he had one request and one request only: he didn't want to be killed in darkness. He was scared of the dark, scared because he feared that his soul wouldn't find its way to heaven if the cell was dark... which it was on the painting, so it was quite heartbreaking.

I've dreamed about that painting a few times after it, albeith the churches have looked different. The same feeling of "something will unnerve me", but mixed with an excitement to see the painting again.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    :o That sounds foreboding :o
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Had a night last night where i thought I was awake, but when I saw a big brick wall with a massive spider on it, I realized I had in fact been sleeping!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    I have some weird-ish dreams...and strangely, remember some of the very old ones! Anyway, Recently,( recent years.) I'm been having this zombie apocalypse dreams, where I'm in some sort of...facility, in a way, one was about I being in a underground facility where I was just hanging around with the other survivors the other was I In my place, with people that I know, surviving...some of the weird stuff is that the zombies looked like normal people, didn't look dead at all, at some point, in both of the dreams, the zombies ménage to break in, and they first start in a distan area, and than start to get closer, by before I can even see him, is like I snap out of and say to myself:"Wake up, quick!" The weird things is that is not like I'm just realizing it now, only that, as things got ugly, I didn't want to be here anymore....Just an exemple, most of the dreams I realize something bad is about to happen, I tell myself to wake up...and I'm really glad I do this! :sweat_smile: and It don't even pass my mind that I can control things...meh, is good enough I know how to scape! :D
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited January 2017
    Seems like I get occasional bizarre dreams and more often that not I don't remember them in any detail. Unfortunately, I tend to remember the negative ones more than the good ones. For whatever reason I keep getting dreams that I'm back in college again, which for some people may have been great, but it was a super stressful time for me in my life so can't really say I enjoy having those dreams.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I had a dream in which everybody was addicted to this weird goo that made their voices deeper. o.O
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Had another one last night where I thought I was awake, but clearly I wasn't. A man was in my room, he looked familiar but not nice, and I called out for my partner, who couldn't hear me. The man pretended it was him and responded, but I knew it wasn't him. Then on the other side of the bed was a dark figure with a sort of Grim Reaper type of appearance, but wasn't the Grim Reaper, and I said who's he, and he faded away, and I woke myself up.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    edited February 2017
    I frequent a thread on another forum (about a certain game franchise), the thread in question being "Ever had dreams related to [game franchise]?" It really changed my dreams and perspective when it came to dreams! First I wasn't interested in dreams overall (the concept always made me a bit uneasy/uncomfortable), but I found it fun to dream about those games and write about them in the thread.
    My sibling, who also frequent that forum and that certain thread dreamed quite often, so did another member, I had the ocassional one now and then but wrote in the thread almost daily anyway, to comment on their dreams. Suddenly something happened. My sibling started dreaming about those games every single night and not long after it I followed... and then the third member (who had been a tad surprised that the two of us had so very frequent dreams) did the same. So there we were, three people dreaming about those games every night, pretty much. A new member soon got up in that "dream almost every single night"-gig, so now there were four of us. We became quite the tight-knitted forum gang because of this (and we still are), and we have an entire collective dream-canon going on, so many "established" things that came from various dreams, such as "that certain character smokes everything from cigarettes to fir twigs" and so on. Established original characters created in dreams that pop up now and then, now being treated as "real" characters when they return in drams. And the inside jokes, man, the inside jokes all these dreams created... And friendly teasing.
    There have been dream series (a particularly intriguing one that my sister has), elements from other people's dreams that soon sneaked themselves into the dreams of the rest of us (the best/worst was when there was a fifth "dreams almost every night"-person who dreamed about a character being a merman, soon the rest of us had had dreams where that character had been a merman too - each and everyone of us equally provoked; "not the bloody mermen, now I had a dream like that too!"). But its rather flattering when elements of one's dreams gets into other people's dreams (not that it's a strange thing, but really fun nontheless). Quite the domino effect at times.
    Since we began to really, really want dreams we had discussions about dream techniques, things to eat and drink to get more vivid dreams and so on, we taught one another and learned a lot about dreaming overall. We were pretty spoiled just about the entire 2015 because we actually got really disappointed when there was a night free from dreams about that franchise. 2016 seemed to be a bit of a drought, and especially for me because I lost interest in the franchise for a while and didn't frequent the thread as often (and when I checked things hadn't moved forward as much as they used to for the other people either). I got back "for real" again last autumn, I mainly commented on the other people's dreams because I barely had any, so I got really happy as soon as I got one of my own. Now I'm spoiled again, and I got spoiled quickly because it wasn't until January this year I started to dream frequently again, spoiled enough to go *sulk sulk* because of one short and boring dream, even though I rarely had any at all just some months before it. Peculiar thread, that one.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    I actually have 2 dreams, both are pretty similar

Some context: My dad works on the farm we live.

1: My dad was promoted, but I had to take over his job. His new job was to ride a giant monstertruck with a gun mounted on the top an to fight the giant fire-breathing wolves that lived on the farm. :neutral:

2: Me and 2 of my brothers were taking a walk down one of the farm roads (One of my brothers was a vaporeon for whatever reason). We heard a tractor coming up behind us and masked Pokemon thieves, they tied us to the tractor and just left.
    Flash forward 1 1/2 dream days an we are still tied up. My vaporeon-brother is dying from dehydration. I finally get the ropes off my hands and drive the tractor back to the farm with the pokemon thieves chasing us.
    We run up to my older brother (who also works) tell him what had happened, and he walks up to the pokemon thieves, asked them if what we said was true.
    The pokemon thief then takes off his mask an reveals himself to be one of the other peope who work at the farm. And said this
    "No, I just like to arrive at the farm in a magial way"

... :neutral: ... So much wrong with that dream
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Oh. And I occasionally have lucid dreams. Although sometimes they stop being lucid and I think my brain tries to make up a reason for it being lucid a minute ago. Like this...

I had a lucid dream, it was pretty chill. I spent my time talking to my dream-family (this is when I stopped having "control" over my dream)
    The topic of the fact that this was a dream had came up, my dream-family got jealous, they wanted to be real, they figured if they killed me they could escape. So they devised a plan to drive me off a cliff, when it failed they all merged into this purple slug thing. and I had to fight them using a "dream wand" I got from somewhere, the slug thing killed me. There was a white light and I woke up in a sweat.

After that I actually got up and checked on my family.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Oh. And I occasionally have lucid dreams. Although sometimes they stop being lucid and I think my brain tries to make up a reason for it being lucid a minute ago. Like this...

I had a lucid dream, it was pretty chill. I spent my time talking to my dream-family (this is when I stopped having "control" over my dream)
    The topic of the fact that this was a dream had came up, my dream-family got jealous, they wanted to be real, they figured if they killed me they could escape. So they devised a plan to drive me off a cliff, when it failed they all merged into this purple slug thing. and I had to fight them using a "dream wand" I got from somewhere, the slug thing killed me. There was a white light and I woke up in a sweat.

Wow, that one actually gave me goosebumps!
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »

Wow, that one actually game me goosebumps!

Yeah, my dreams get weird at times. But doesn't everyones?
    unknown.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »

Wow, that one actually game me goosebumps!

Yeah, my dreams get weird at times. But doesn't everyones?

Definitely. My dreams are crazy more often than not. Makes me wonder where they come from when they get that bizarre!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I had a dream that I heard crying, leading all the way to the shed. I remember opening the door and seeing my Dad sprawled out on the wooden floor, blood soaked all over his chest. Trying to help him, I grabbed a towel. For some reason, there was a barrier blocking me and my Dad because I couldn't get to him. I tried my best to break the force that was seperating us, making me wake up in a dizzy spell.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I just want to add, I have nightmares on a weekly basis. I know when I'm about to have one because scary music starts playing up before I dream. The one which I talked about above me wasn't a nightmare, my nightmares are far more detailed and worse than that. When this chime begins playing, I have an ability to force myself to wake up by pulling my eyelids open with my hands. It sounds strange but it works. I know nobody who has the capability to stop nightmares like me.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't remember my dreams much.
    But I did try meditation for a while and I experienced a lot of strange things. Very vivid and lucid dreams were a part of it. I had a week of very vivid dreams where I wasn't me and it was not the present. They made me believe in the possibility of past lives and reincarnation.
    The first one seemed to be in medieval times. I was a servant at some kind of castle or keep. We were moving to a larger one. We were on foot while men on horses were in the front and the back. I remember one guy fussing about the shabbiness of his clothes. The new castle was really nice and everyone was so excited to be serving there. We were given new clothes. I felt so happy.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I just want to add, I have nightmares on a weekly basis. I know when I'm about to have one because scary music starts playing up before I dream. The one which I talked about above me wasn't a nightmare, my nightmares are far more detailed and worse than that. When this chime begins playing, I have an ability to force myself to wake up by pulling my eyelids open with my hands. It sounds strange but it works. I know nobody who has the capability to stop nightmares like me.

Most of my dreams are very violent and nasty, when my life itself is really happy and I feel very blessed. It makes me wonder why I have so many disturbing dreams.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    CK213 wrote: »
    I don't remember my dreams much.
    But I did try meditation for a while and I experienced a lot of strange things. Very vivid and lucid dreams were a part of it. I had a week of very vivid dreams where I wasn't me and it was not the present. They made me believe in the possibility of past lives and reincarnation.
    The first one seemed to be in medieval times. I was a servant at some kind of castle or keep. We were moving to a larger one. We were on foot while men on horses were in the front and the back. I remember one guy fussing about the shabbiness of his clothes. The new castle was really nice and everyone was so excited to be serving there. We were given new clothes. I felt so happy.

Meditating in the middle of the night when I woke/wake up is when my craziest lucid dreaming happened/happens, and the dream paralysis. I haven't had that in a few months now.

I had a dream once where I was a man, a young man in a war situation, hiding in a bush (I'm female by the way), and I saw a man - the enemy, coming toward me pointing a gun at me. He could see me hiding and shot me. As he shot me I felt my soul leaving my body and rising. I woke up immediately. I've often wondered if that was a past life memory being relived in my dreams.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    My funniest dream (although the situation around it is the funnier part) is still this one:

I wake up at about 4am. I go downstairs, and for some reason there is a Christmas tree on the table. Which I don't really mind because my parents are currently sewing my favourite cuddly toy together again. She (yes, I gave some of my toys genders, and really dumb names too :D ) hadn't lost any body parts yet, but somehow the left ear, as well as the arms and legs were almost seperated. That part was actually like in real life.

And then I wake up. It's 4am. I go downstairs into the living room where I WOULD have minded a Christmas tree this time, because I expected one, but there wasn't a tree nor did anyone sew my toy together again. And then my "I'm tired, so I won't think" mode activated and I asked:
    Where is the Christmas tree!?

In the end it turned out that the second paragraph is actually me not dreaming anymore, but because the situation (time, lighting, position of the living room) were all the same I couldn't differentiate.

Lightfield wrote: »
    I occasionally lucid dream, but you see, my imagination is absolutely terrifying, so you can imagine my lucid dreams are just horrific.
    And this is why I'm a bit scared of lucid dreaming haha, the only things I've done when realizing that I am is waking myself up! (Or, well, one time I looked at my hands because I heard that one hands looked different in dreams, something of the sorts.)

@Lightfield I also heard that your hands look different in a lucid dream, and not long after I heard that, I lucid dreamed about going to the toilet during the night. I felt weird (like I couldn't feel gravity under me) so I thought "I better look at my hands to check if I'm lucid dreaming"! Then my hands freaked out into a Sims-glitch-crossed-with-Parasyte-Style shape, so I screamed and jumped out the toilet window, smacked straight into the concrete slabs on the drive, and then I woke up! xD

My hands sort of looked like this (except without the eye and mouth):
    MigiSaysHi.png

And this is why hate lucid dreaming! xD

This scene is just looking ridiculously funny in my head right now :joy:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Lightfield wrote: »
    I occasionally lucid dream, but you see, my imagination is absolutely terrifying, so you can imagine my lucid dreams are just horrific.
    And this is why I'm a bit scared of lucid dreaming haha, the only things I've done when realizing that I am is waking myself up! (Or, well, one time I looked at my hands because I heard that one hands looked different in dreams, something of the sorts.)

@Lightfield I also heard that your hands look different in a lucid dream, and not long after I heard that, I lucid dreamed about going to the toilet during the night. I felt weird (like I couldn't feel gravity under me) so I thought "I better look at my hands to check if I'm lucid dreaming"! Then my hands freaked out into a Sims-glitch-crossed-with-Parasyte-Style shape, so I screamed and jumped out the toilet window, smacked straight into the concrete slabs on the drive, and then I woke up! xD

My hands sort of looked like this (except without the eye and mouth):
    MigiSaysHi.png

And this is why hate lucid dreaming! xD

(Off topic, sorry) Oh. I have watched Parasyte I never finished it. However I did find it funny how similiar the MC looked to a youtuber I watched.

(Back on topic)
    Ugh. I have had lucid dreams (Mostly after waking up and going back to bed) where I wake up, go into a different room. And the entire room starts spinning before I wake up again.

Who else trained themselves to have lucid dreams? I didn't do it intentionally but when I was littler I would constantly ask myself throughout the day "Am I dreaming?" Since then I have been more aware of when I am dreaming.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    This is a dream my brother had actually. But it is quite funny and I feel like sharing it anyway. I can't go into full-detail but I can give what I know
    (I'll refer to him as me as it is easier)

Essentially I was a superhero. But my only power was to create fishes that worked as keys (Yes. Fishes that can unlock things)
    The North Korean fishing company had turned evil and had a plan to take over the world using a giant robot, and I had to use my fish-key powers to stop them...
    unknown.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Who else trained themselves to have lucid dreams? I didn't do it intentionally but when I was littler I would constantly ask myself throughout the day "Am I dreaming?" Since then I have been more aware of when I am dreaming.

I just realized I was lucid dreaming when I noticed in a dream I could see my room and my eyes were shut. Since then it's progressed and I can bring it on when I want. Sometimes I can be dreaming yet be thinking am I dreaming this or is it happening, it can get quite scary at times when I can't differentiate.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    I had an interesting one last night.
    I was at a friends house (don't know the people or the house/street in real life) I was looking up at the sky as dusk set in and noticed the house next door had what looked like the sparks from a sparkler coming out of the chimney. Then I noticed it had four chimneys, and the sparks were coming out of all of them, it looked quite enchanting against the darkening sky.
    I pointed it out to the people I was with and saw then that every house in the street had it coming from all of their chimneys.
    The man who owned the house next door popped over the fence handing out Christmas gifts. I asked him how they got the effect of sparklers coming out of their chimneys and he told me it was done using oil (sounded quite normal in the dream). I then wished him Happy Christmas in July - which we have here in Australia when it's winter; and then as i wandered off, I thought it isn't even July yet, we're just about to start April.
    Quite a pleasant little dream.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member

it sounds like a movie XD
    I am undead! :smiley: