Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Thread

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just remembered a dream I had last night.
    I was at work (hair salon) I was in a mess running between clients, from one the other to keep them happy, and run on time, but kept forgetting to get towels, capes etc. In between going up and down different levels to get a towel I noticed a very evil looking snake head ready to bite, and the moment I looked at it, it launched itself at me. I reached out and hit it out of the way and woke myself up with my arm flailing in the air :D
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • pixell2_dotpixell2_dot Posts: 27 Member
    Hm... My most vivid and bizarre dream was when i was around 5? I was somehow transported into a Las Vegas into masterminds house, and he told me i have to run round the whole city in under an hour. I didnt make it and had to stay behind the door as my parents and siblings did in a gas chamber.

I also dream about getting married often.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    Last week I dreamt that I gave a simming friend a tip to try a really good SNES RPG game (it was like a mix of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI and Secret of Mana) that I was playing, and after she had played it for about ten minutes she knew almost everything about the game and gave me tips about stuff I had missed. "If you climb up on the floating log and then walk to this point and jump down you will land in a secret town". So I tried it and it worked! :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
    edited September 2018
    Good one @Cororon
    I had a strange one last week. It was one of the ones I have where I think I'm awake. I was dreaming that I was dreaming and having a real bad one. I tried to wake myself up but couldn't. My partner was aware that I was having a bad dream and woke me up. We talked about it for a moment. I got out of bed and noticed a shelving unit (which we don't have in the bedroom), and on it was a tiny baby. I was shocked and looked back at my partner and asked where on earth that baby had come from. Then suddenly stopped and asked myself, am I awake or am I dreaming this. It then occurred to me that I must be dreaming it, as we don't have that shelving unit in the bedroom.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    I was at a park and there were lots of straight families and everyone was wearing colorful shirts. Nice.
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I had a dream a couple nights ago that a TS4 patch came out that patched pets into the base game, and I was really happy about it (I decided against buying Cats & Dogs due to the price).

I was kind of disappointed when I woke up.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    All my dreams are in vivid full color and I feel as if I am in them experiencing what's happening. I don't realize it's a dream until I wake up. I've had all the typical dreams such as; flap my arms and I can fly around, teeth crumbling, being naked in a room full of people, feelining frozen/unable to move and get to a loved one in distress, etc. But, I have had some that can only be called nightmares and some, that actually came true as if they were premonitions.

Some of my dreams I've been able to wake up, go back to sleep and continue the dream where it left off before I woke up. o.O

The most bizarre happened when I was pregnant with my three children. I've read this is a normal thing that happens to a lot of pregnant women. In one of them, my husband and I were at his parents place of business out in the lobby/dining room. While customers sat in booths enjoying their ice cream/food, we were tossing back and forth a tiny baby catching it with catcher's mitts. The baby was only about as big as a baseball and didn't have a face.

In another I was being chased inside a building that was only the wooden framing and a neverending, rickety staircase that just went up and up. The person chasing me was a man with black hair wearing a black suit. I couldn't see his face, but I was terrified of him catching me because he was evil. I woke up just as he finally caught up to me and reached out to grab the back of my shirt as I screamed in horror.

When I was very sick as a child I dreamed I was floating on a cloud above a misty, fog filled pit full of monsters that wanted to eat me and the cloud was slowly dissapating until it disappeared and I was falling toward the opened maw of a huge, scaly monster with tons of razor sharp pointy teeth. As I fell into the black of its mouth, I woke up.

One time I was on a double decker paddle boat leaning over the railing watching a pair of swans when the boat began to tip over. When I hit the water and it covered my head as I screamed I woke up.

In one of the premonition dreams back when I was in high school, I dreamt of one of my friends. He had on a shirt I'd never seen before. When I went to school the next day, he was wearing the shirt. I asked him if he'd ever worn it before. He told me no, he just bought it the night before.

Lastly, my husband's grandmother had died a week beforehand when I had this dream. We called her Granny. In the dream, Granny visited me while I was in bed and woke me up. She sat on the end of the bed and smiled sadly at me. I threw back the covers and ran over to give her a hug. She hugged me back, rubbing my back and then she said, "I don't want you to get upset, but I wanted to tell you that something very sad is going to happen again very soon. But, don't worry, everything will be alright." She then slowly faded away until I was holding nothing but air and I woke up.

Two weeks later, my mother-in-law died of breast cancer...
    edited November 2018
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    All my dreams are in vivid full color and I feel as if I am in them experiencing what's happening. I don't realize it's a dream until I wake up. I've had all the typical dreams such as; flap my arms and I can fly around, teeth crumbling, being naked in a room full of people, feelining frozen/unable to move and get to a loved one in distress, etc. But, I have had some that can only be called nightmares and some, that actually came true as if they were premonitions.

Some of my dreams I've been able to wake up, go back to sleep and continue the dream where it left off before I woke up. o.O

The most bizarre happened when I was pregnant with my three children. I've read this is a normal thing that happens to a lot of pregnant women. In one of them, my husband and I were at his parents place of business out in the lobby/dining room. While customers sat in booths enjoying their ice cream/food, we were tossing back and forth a tiny baby catching it with catcher's mitts. The baby was only about as big as a baseball and didn't have a face.

In another I was being chased inside a building that was only the wooden framing and a neverending, rickety staircase that just went up and up. The person chasing me was a man with black hair wearing a black suit. I couldn't see his face, but I was terrified of him catching me because he was evil. I woke up just as he finally caught up to me and reached out to grab the back of my shirt as I screamed in horror.

When I was very sick as a child I dreamed I was floating on a cloud above a misty, fog filled pit full of monsters that wanted to eat me and the cloud was slowly dissapating until it disappeared and I was falling toward the opened maw of a huge, scaly monster with tons of razor sharp pointy teeth. As I fell into the black of its mouth, I woke up.

One time I was on a double decker paddle boat leaning over the railing watching a pair of swans when the boat began to tip over. When I hit the water and it covered my head as I screamed I woke up.

In one of the premonition dreams back when I was in high school, I dreamt of one of my friends. He had on a shirt I'd never seen before. When I went to school the next day, he was wearing the shirt. I asked him if he'd ever worn it before. He told me no, he just bought it the night before.

Lastly, my husband's grandmother had died a week beforehand when I had this dream. We called her Granny. In the dream, Granny visited me while I was in bed and woke me up. She sat on the end of the bed and smiled sadly at me. I threw back the covers and ran over to give her a hug. She hugged me back, rubbing my back and then she said, "I don't want you to get upset, but I wanted to tell you that something very sad is going to happen again very soon. But, don't worry, everything will be alright." She then slowly faded away until I was holding nothing but air and I woke up.

Two weeks later, my mother-in-law died of breast cancer.

I've only just seen this. Amazing!

I had a dream last night that was so vivid I thought it was happening.
    I was at home (although home wasn't as it is in real life) my partner was in the bathroom. I could see through the crack of the door there was an enormous black furry Tarantula spider on the wall.
    I was horrified, and called out to him to get rid of it. I didn't know how he was going to manage that, but in our household, because of me fear of spiders, it's his job!
    He didn't reply to me, so I called out again; about 3 or 4 times and he still didn't answer.
    Next thing I noticed the front door closed. I thought there was no way I was staying in the house with that thing in there, and rushed out the door.
    The dream just sort of stopped there, but this morning when my partner went downstairs he called up saying "spider alert", that's when I remembered the dream.
    I asked him what it was and he said a Hunstman. They do come indoors on occasions, and if they're small enough I can deal with them, but the bigger ones? nope, his job!
    I asked how big it was and it appears to be nothing like in my dream, thank goodness, but a baby one. I always say baby ones get bigger, so there's the door! Out you go!

Nothing overly profound about my dream, I think it came more from a vet program I'd watched the day before where some one had a Tarantula as a pet!!! Why would you? *faints*
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I don't have lucid dreams but I remember them most of the time, with varying details and they're generally....pretty weird, if not creepy or scary
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

nani wrote: »
    I don't have lucid dreams but I remember them most of the time, with varying details and they're generally....pretty weird, if not creepy or scary

It makes you wonder where some of them come from!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited November 2018
    So I had a dream that my aunt was a Goa'uld from Stargate.
    edited November 2018
    I had a very interesting one a few weeks ago. I dreamed I was transferring our music from our ipod onto our play station 3.
    I woke up wondering if that would work as we'd not used either device for so long and had all our music on the ipod and hadn't been able to listen to it any other way due to this and that.
    So we tried it and it worked!
    A good useful dream I'd say!
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I used to have several dreams every night. I would wake in the morning and remember them clearly. Now I have maybe one a month if I am lucky. I miss them.

I have too many to share but one of my favorites was from when I was a child. My dad was gone a lot for weeks at a time because of his job. He would tell me about the places he visited and said one day we would be able to go together. I guess I got tired of waiting because that is when the flying dreams started. They always started the same way. I would walk out to the front yard still wearing my favorite nightgown and just stretch out my arms and shoot into the sky. They always felt so real. The air on my skin and the smell in the air actually changed depending on where I was. At first I only traveled around the US. I visited the Grand Canyon, the Oceans, the Statue of Liberty and tall mountains covered with trees. I usually found my dad in these dreams but he would never come with me. Eventually I started to cross the ocean to Scotland and Ireland. I visited Australia and Africa. I flew over the Eiffel Tower. Everything always felt so real. I would wake up from these dreams feeling so refreshed and alive. One day I told my dad about the dreams and asked him why he refused to come with me. He said it might be because he was afraid of heights but if I visited him again in our dreams he would try to come with me.

My flying dreams stopped then. I never had another one. Instead they were replaced with new dreams. My dad and I now explored the world from his favorite chair. They started the same as before with me walking out to the front yard wearing my favorite nightgown and we still went to amazing places but now we drove in his recliner chair. He made us wear helmets and had a crazy flag on the back of the chair. It also now had a backseat of some kind because sometimes the whole family would come along. He even occasionally let me drive. I miss those dreams so much. I do not remember when they stopped. I always woke up feeling so content and safe and just amazing.
    michelei wrote: »
    I used to have several dreams every night. I would wake in the morning and remember them clearly. Now I have maybe one a month if I am lucky. I miss them.

I have too many to share but one of my favorites was from when I was a child. My dad was gone a lot for weeks at a time because of his job. He would tell me about the places he visited and said one day we would be able to go together. I guess I got tired of waiting because that is when the flying dreams started. They always started the same way. I would walk out to the front yard still wearing my favorite nightgown and just stretch out my arms and shoot into the sky. They always felt so real. The air on my skin and the smell in the air actually changed depending on where I was. At first I only traveled around the US. I visited the Grand Canyon, the Oceans, the Statue of Liberty and tall mountains covered with trees. I usually found my dad in these dreams but he would never come with me. Eventually I started to cross the ocean to Scotland and Ireland. I visited Australia and Africa. I flew over the Eiffel Tower. Everything always felt so real. I would wake up from these dreams feeling so refreshed and alive. One day I told my dad about the dreams and asked him why he refused to come with me. He said it might be because he was afraid of heights but if I visited him again in our dreams he would try to come with me.

My flying dreams stopped then. I never had another one. Instead they were replaced with new dreams. My dad and I now explored the world from his favorite chair. They started the same as before with me walking out to the front yard wearing my favorite nightgown and we still went to amazing places but now we drove in his recliner chair. He made us wear helmets and had a crazy flag on the back of the chair. It also now had a backseat of some kind because sometimes the whole family would come along. He even occasionally let me drive. I miss those dreams so much. I do not remember when they stopped. I always woke up feeling so content and safe and just amazing.

How beautiful. They are really special dreams.
    I love my flying dreams, they do make you feel great when wakening from them
    MLgj4Vx.png
    @February11 thank you. They were very special. My dad has been gone a long time now so I cherish my memories of them. I am lucky that I still remember them so vividly. I love this thread. It is facinating to read all the different types of dreams people have.
    michelei wrote: »
    @February11 thank you. They were very special. My dad has been gone a long time now so I cherish my memories of them. I am lucky that I still remember them so vividly. I love this thread. It is facinating to read all the different types of dreams people have.

It is interesting, with dreams ranging from profound, subliminal to the downright crazy and terrifying.

I thought I'd been laying awake for sometime last night, unable to sleep, when my partner came in through the front door saying he'd been for a walk with his mate - that's when I knew I was in fact asleep, and dreaming of laying there awake. It didn't make for a very restful sleep.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    I used to have one of my least favorite dreams all the time. I would wake up late and have to rush around like a crazy person to make it to work on time. I would go through all the motions of showering, brushing teeth and driving to work. My heart would be pounding because I was going to be late. I finally pull my car into work. Then I wake up with my heart still pounding. I really am running late and I have to do it all over again. Except this time I have to do it for real. It was exhausting.
  • LilioCandidiorLilioCandidior Posts: 27 Member
    When I was younger I had the very wild reoccuring dream of me running around a forest in a red-riding-hood costume and trowing confetti ...
    I used to have one as a child where I was playing up the top of our garden, when a wolf, just like the one in Red Ridinghood, would leap over the fence, and I'd run into the house, lock the door and hide in the cupboard under the sink.

Last night I dreamed I was having to make an important phone call, but my phone began to fall apart. All the insides, which were like hundreds of data pages, kept falling out and I couldn't get them back in again. I've had this one loads of times in different scenarios. I think it's an underlying thought that eventually I'll need to buy a new phone. I've had this one now for 5 years, but still works very well. I'm reluctant to say goodbye to it.

Maybe if I do get a new phone, this frustrating dream will stop.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    In my most recent dream, I was a teacher. I was getting ready to go to work when a storm blew in. I rushed around while this epic lightning show commenced. When I got to work, a tornado hit. I stood and stared as it hopped around outside and all the students and teachers ran down to the school's basement. Fortunately no one got hurt but it took out part of the school. After the tornado, there was a schoolwide test. I went home and the dream was over. Kind of strange...
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
    edited December 2018
    I had a dream last night that I was I was going through a tunnel. My mum was driving and my sister was in the back. We were younger than we are now. There was a poster on the wall of the band Oasis and I asked my mum to stop the car as I wanted to take a photo of it as I knew a guy who was a Liam Gallagher look-a-like (which in real life I don't), and he'd like to see it.
    My sister managed to get out to get a picture, and I'd no idea why she'd want one as it meant nothing to her whatsoever, but I couldn't get out as there was something blocking the door, plus I was at the wrong angle to take the picture from inside the car. I got really frustrated, and once my sister got back into the car, mu mum just drove away. End of that particular dream.
    Odd little dream.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Last night I dreamed I was playing SSBU as Marth against a CPU, but it was in first person for some reason.

I don't lucid dream, but I do have dreams where I get subtle clues that tell me 'wait, this couldn't happen because XYZ'. Most of my dreams happen in places I don't recognize with people I do.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    My dreams as of late have been about the Supernatural. For example I had a nap like 5 hours ago and I was a zombie in the apocalypse. Kinda like the movie Warm bodies, but without the love story.

Wasn't exactly pleasant being one (my entire body ached). But anyways weirdly enough it started with me watching the news on a street corner while the President and Military said they failed us and how life is doomed, after that I realized there was a crowd of zombies around me also watching it, naturally freaked out but uh I also realized my arms were already filled with bite marks, so I was already dead(ish). It was interesting walking around a destroyed NY.
    EMrBkJP.png
    Here is another dream that has stayed with me just because it was so ridiculous. My friends make me repeat this one often. I guess it is very entertaining.

I was babysitting a little girl named Bailey. We were in this large gorgeous dusty old house playing hide and seek. I found her hiding in an empty walk in closet and we were both laughing. The floor suddenly opens up and swallows Bailey. I try to catch her but I am to slow. I just watch in horror as she disappears into this enormous dark pit. I jump in after her and I land in a place that is always night but lit by this crazy orange red light. It is scorching hot and I realize everything is on fire and I am terrified. I walk in deeper and deeper desperately trying to find Bailey. The faint sound of music comes from the darkness and everything gets brighter and louder as I move toward it.

This is where everything changes. It stops being a nightmare and just goes in a very strange direction. I come out of the dark into a loud crowded town. I am walking down a very busy main street with all these old west like buildings burning on both sides of the street. It is so hot it is hard to breath. The music and crowd noise is very loud. Everywhere I look there are mostly naked people dancing, laughing and drinking. Fire trucks keep blasting past with their sirens blaring and laughing firefighters hanging off the trucks with drinks in their hands. At this point poor Bailey is completely forgotten and I just join the party. I dance and drink the night away. The music is fabulous and the drinks are cold and everyone is just so happy. Finally I realize I am getting tired and it is time to go home. I am trying to figure out the logistics of getting home when I wake up.

I felt so guilty for days after that dream because I did not save Bailey and in fact forgot all about her while I attended an amazing concert/party. Then I felt silly for feeling guilty. Bailey was not real but I do feel like I let her down.
    @Vampris I am still surprised at how real things can feel in a dream. The bite marks on your arm and the way your body felt different and achy. Our minds are incredible but strange. I always wonder if we are supposed to be learning something from them for our real lives.