Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling the Phandom

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    funny you should mention that, I was thinking about that earlier today. I'm not saying no way, but a couple things occurred to me. 1) renting affords them some protection. Look at what happened when Zoella bought her house. Dan and Phil would be really upset with having their privacy invaded. 2) Do they buy the house together or what? What happens when one of them get married or whatever? Are they going to share their house even once they have kids? If not, how do they decide who gets the house? 3) Dan and Phil have cultivated very specific personalities on YouTube and I feel that owning a home wouldn't resonate with that. Especially a really nice home, which they could actually afford.

Dunno, just some thoughts. Maybe they've already thought of all that and have got it all sorted though. *shrug*
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    1) renting affords them some protection. Look at what happened when Zoella bought her house. Dan and Phil would be really upset with having their privacy invaded.

Oh gosh what happened to her? I don't watch her so I didn't hear anything about it. If it's like a fan stalking her or something, then yeah, I totally agree. I don't think anyone would want to see Dan and Phil subjected to that level of crazy :/ they have a right to privacy
    2) Do they buy the house together or what? What happens when one of them get married or whatever? Are they going to share their house even once they have kids? If not, how do they decide who gets the house?

That's actually a really good point. There's a lot of... messiness involved in getting a house. Especially if one of them ends up moving out! Jeez just imagining that nightmare is giving me a headache :lol:
    3) Dan and Phil have cultivated very specific personalities on YouTube and I feel that owning a home wouldn't resonate with that. Especially a really nice home, which they could actually afford.

Dunno, just some thoughts. Maybe they've already thought of all that and have got it all sorted though. *shrug*

^^^again, totally agree. While I wouldn't say that they live in, like, a teensy apartment (honestly it's like three floors), I can't really see them in a house? This is more just about their apartment now, but it looks so... lived in? Like no duh, they live there, but it feels distinctly them. Especially with all phils dead house plants lying around :lol:

But yeah they've probably already worked everything out haha. As much as some of us seem to forget it, they are adults capable of having adult conversations.
  • Options
    coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    YES HEY PHAMILY!!
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
  • Options
    LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    YES HEY PHAMILY!!

WAIT POPTART YOU LIKE DAN & PHIL WHAT THE FRIEAK :D
    I am undead! :smiley:
  • Options
    coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    YES HEY PHAMILY!!

OF COURSE I DO, I WOULD LITERALLY GIVE ANYTHING FOR THEM TO JUST RAISE ME TBH.
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
  • Options
    YES HEY PHAMILY!!

OF COURSE I DO, I WOULD LITERALLY GIVE ANYTHING FOR THEM TO JUST RAISE ME TBH.

LMAO WHY ARE WE YELLING
  • Options
    Kandy wrote: »
    1) renting affords them some protection. Look at what happened when Zoella bought her house. Dan and Phil would be really upset with having their privacy invaded.

Oh gosh what happened to her? I don't watch her so I didn't hear anything about it. If it's like a fan stalking her or something, then yeah, I totally agree. I don't think anyone would want to see Dan and Phil subjected to that level of crazy :/ they have a right to privacy
    2) Do they buy the house together or what? What happens when one of them get married or whatever? Are they going to share their house even once they have kids? If not, how do they decide who gets the house?

That's actually a really good point. There's a lot of... messiness involved in getting a house. Especially if one of them ends up moving out! Jeez just imagining that nightmare is giving me a headache :lol:
    3) Dan and Phil have cultivated very specific personalities on YouTube and I feel that owning a home wouldn't resonate with that. Especially a really nice home, which they could actually afford.

^^^again, totally agree. While I wouldn't say that they live in, like, a teensy apartment (honestly it's like three floors), I can't really see them in a house? This is more just about their apartment now, but it looks so... lived in? Like no duh, they live there, but it feels distinctly them. Especially with all phils dead house plants lying around :lol:

But yeah they've probably already worked everything out haha. As much as some of us seem to forget it, they are adults capable of having adult conversations.

I don't follow Zoella either, but sometimes I get sucked into the DailyMail's clickbait. I'm not proud :#
    The truly terrible thing was all the comments in the first article I saw about it that were all "Well that's what she gets for wanting to be a celebrity! She doesn't deserve privacy, always parading her personal life around on the internet." Ah, yes, because celebrities are sub-human. Of course :/
    http://www.wetheunicorns.com/news/zalfie-house-address-security-zoella-alfie-deyes-home-brighton-tour-safety/#qOWb5jDFRAgqOlbt.97

Something else to consider is everyone keeps on saying they should buy a house so they can have a dog and well 1) wanting to own a dog isn't a great reason to jump into house ownership lol (not saying they would of course. but some phans are just so... clueless sometimes lol) and 2) as was pointed out before, I believe by Phil, all of their friends are YouTubers, so any time they went to VidCon or PlayList, all of their friends would be going too, and there would be anyone to watch their doggo. Also, circling back to the thorny issue of who would get the dog when they eventually went their separate ways.

Also, I don't know, I don't really get the vibe of "I want a house!" from either of them? They're not constantly complaining about being in their apartment and wanting more space. The seem pretty content to just continue annoying their neighbors at odd hours and getting the only exercise they get from walking up and down stairs.

Despite these ideas kicking around in your brain, I still think you might be right, it's either Dan's name change and "re-branding" or they're buying a house. I'm excited to find out though! Even though I know it's not, deep down, I'm hoping they'll be announcing they're starting work on their next show. I didn't have the greatest time at TATINOF (by no fault of theirs!) and I want a chance to see them again.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

I don't follow Zoella either, but sometimes I get plum into the DailyMail's clickbait. I'm not proud :#
    The truly terrible thing was all the comments in the first article I saw about it that were all "Well that's what she gets for wanting to be a celebrity! She doesn't deserve privacy, always parading her personal life around on the internet." Ah, yes, because celebrities are sub-human. Of course :/
    http://www.wetheunicorns.com/news/zalfie-house-address-security-zoella-alfie-deyes-home-brighton-tour-safety/#qOWb5jDFRAgqOlbt.97

Something else to consider is everyone keeps on saying they should buy a house so they can have a dog and well 1) wanting to own a dog isn't a great reason to jump into house ownership lol (not saying they would of course. but some phans are just so... clueless sometimes lol) and 2) as was pointed out before, I believe by Phil, all of their friends are YouTubers, so any time they went to VidCon or PlayList, all of their friends would be going too, and there would be anyone to watch their doggo. Also, circling back to the thorny issue of who would get the dog when they eventually went their separate ways.

Also, I don't know, I don't really get the vibe of "I want a house!" from either of them? They're not constantly complaining about being in their apartment and wanting more space. The seem pretty content to just continue annoying their neighbors at odd hours and getting the only exercise they get from walking up and down stairs.

Despite these ideas kicking around in your brain, I still think you might be right, it's either Dan's name change and "re-branding" or they're buying a house. I'm excited to find out though! Even though I know it's not, deep down, I'm hoping they'll be announcing they're starting work on their next show. I didn't have the greatest time at TATINOF (by no fault of theirs!) and I want a chance to see them again.

Oh god that's terrible :( I can't believe people would say she didn't deserve privacy?? Like Jesus she's a person too omg

Yeah I remember them mentioning that before! Honestly as much as I would LOVE for them to get a dog, there's so many factors that make it hard (and, y'know, the fact that they live in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs :lol:)

^^totally agree. Also I find the "oh god be quiet, or the neighbors are going to call the police" comments hilarious, so I'd be sad to see those go lol

Oh my god that would be AMAZING. But I'm sorry to see you're in the same boat as me :/ I let my personal troubles + anti-Phan... ideas? (idk what to call them) at the time ruin the show for me. I actually get legitimately sad when in DAPGO there's a picture of TATINOF, because I know I didn't enjoy it the way I should've. Ugh I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you, too :disappointed: especially cause for a lot of us it was a one time thing, y'know? I live incredibly far away from London, so I really have no chance of ever meeting them again. And I'm kicking myself cause I didn't like make them a letter or anything to show my appreciation. Their show was amazing-im just upset about how I acted (or, didn't act) Idk if you have a similar situation to mine, but if you do I'm sorry dude :disappointed:

I've actually heard some speculation that it's gonna be about how Dan's upset that we "turned him into a meme"? Which I don't... get, I guess? Like they were saying how upset he was in the 2016 Dan Memes video, but he honestly didn't seem genuinely upset to me. It was all in good fun, y'know?

While I think we definitely rag on him more than we should sometimes, I don't think it's like this crazy big problem that he'll to a video about. Not to say I wouldn't support him if he DID make a video about that, but I just don't think that's likely.

Sorry for talking your ear off lol. I've been speculation about what the video will be on to real life friends, and they're starting to get annoyed haha.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Oh my god that would be AMAZING. But I'm sorry to see you're in the same boat as me :/ I let my personal troubles + anti-Phan... ideas? (idk what to call them) at the time ruin the show for me. I actually get legitimately sad when in DAPGO there's a picture of TATINOF, because I know I didn't enjoy it the way I should've. Ugh I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you, too :disappointed: especially cause for a lot of us it was a one time thing, y'know? I live incredibly far away from London, so I really have no chance of ever meeting them again. And I'm kicking myself cause I didn't like make them a letter or anything to show my appreciation. Their show was amazing-im just upset about how I acted (or, didn't act) Idk if you have a similar situation to mine, but if you do I'm sorry dude :disappointed:

Aw, I'm sorry that happened to you. For me, there were a couple things. The first I saw coming, Phil kept on. saying "Oh, I've seen people saying they don't want to be the oldest there, but it doesn't matter, everyone is really nice!" And don't get me wrong, no one was rude to me, but I felt immensely self conscious around a bunch of teenagers (many of them prettier than me) and when the little girl who I estimated to be between 8-10 (aka I'm old enough to be her mother) sat down two rows in front of me, I was like BRB I need to go back to my hotel and toss myself off the roof) And then I had the joy of being directly behind a dad who DID NOT WANT TO BE THERE and spent the whole time sighing, rolling his head from side to side, drinking his water, and looking at his phone. So I spent the whole time leaning over so I could see around him, basically breathing into the ear of the poor girl stuck next to me, who was at least a decade younger than me (honestly, I'm surprised I didn't get arrested). And then, my location wasn't great. I was way off to the side, so I couldn't even see Dan on his llama at the beginning, and I wasn't very close. I mean, it wasn't the worst either, probably the only way I would have been truly happy was if I was in the VIP section. But I'm still sour about it lol.

I've actually heard some speculation that it's gonna be about how Dan's upset that we "turned him into a meme"? Which I don't... get, I guess? Like they were saying how upset he was in the 2016 Dan Memes video, but he honestly didn't seem genuinely upset to me. It was all in good fun, y'know?

While I think we definitely rag on him more than we should sometimes, I don't think it's like this crazy big problem that he'll to a video about. Not to say I wouldn't support him if he DID make a video about that, but I just don't think that's likely.

Honestly, I feel like anyone saying something like that views themselves as Dan and Phil's great protectors. Like the ones who get in fights with people who openly ship them. Dan and Phil know what they're doing and I think they don't care. They think we are all nuts (duh), but they love us anyway. They're feelings aren't hurt by some razzing, they had to already grow super thick skins to deal with the genuinely mean comments.
    Sorry for talking your ear off lol. I've been speculation about what the video will be on to real life friends, and they're starting to get annoyed haha.

No, please do. I'm here cuz I don't have anyone to talk about them with either. That's why I'm always in here like "Guiyes? Talk about DnP? :o" Honestly, half the time I feel like y'all's English teacher giving you writing prompts. "I want 500 words on "Pastel Edits" by tomorrow!"

Also
    I live incredibly far away from London, so I really have no chance of ever meeting them again.

We all should take a group trip to London to stalk them!!! lol
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Ugh that sounds horrible. And hat dad just sounds so rude on my god?? Like its fine if you don't want to be there, but don't ruin it for everyone else oh my god

Gah sorry that you felt kinda ostracized from everyone there. I'm w/in the typical age range for them so I didn't really have the same experience there, but the show I went to was also pretty much only teenage girls and their parents. I guess that's just kinda the age range that Dan and Phil attract (oh god that sounds... wrong :lol:)

And yup I totally agree with that. Again, I think that we sometimes forget that they're adults. They're not teenagers anymore. And they've been on the internet so long that I think they've probably learned to disregard mean comments/hate and all that

:lol: oh my god if you were an English teacher and hose were your prompts, I think I'd get held back just to have you again lol. Honestly though, I love Dan and Phil and I love writing, so fire away.

:lol: I'll bring snacks! We can force someone else in the thread to buy the plane tickets. @everyone who wants to buy plane tickets

Also, I have another theory? I think? Mostly I just want to type this here to prove that I said it before his video came out :lol:

D'you think it could be about all the "furry" stuff? Like, it being cheeky and funny totally fits, and he HAS been hinting/talking about it a lot? Honestly on the one hand it could be this really big joke I'm just not getting, but if you rewatch the 2016 Dan Memes video, abt halfway through he starts talking about all the furry stuff and he seems... serious? And in his video w/ Louise and Phil he brought it up lol. And in the distrack

I could be totally off, though. Again this could just be a joke he's making that I didn't pick up on lol
  • Options
    Like I don't think he was being serious but like... is it a possibility?
  • Options
    Ugh that sounds horrible. And hat dad just sounds so rude on my god?? Like its fine if you don't want to be there, but don't ruin it for everyone else oh my god

He actually put his hands behind his head during The Internet Is Here. I'd had enough and just lightly tapped him once on the shoulder and said "Sir, I can't see!" He acted like I'd pulled a gun on him or something :/ Didn't apologize though, of course.
    I guess that's just kinda the age range that Dan and Phil attract (oh god that sounds... wrong :lol:)

I don't understand why, though? What is it that attracts you youths to a man twice your age and his maybe-boyfriend?! :D

Also, I have another theory? I think? Mostly I just want to type this here to prove that I said it before his video came out :lol:

D'you think it could be about all the "furry" stuff? Like, it being cheeky and funny totally fits, and he HAS been hinting/talking about it a lot? Honestly on the one hand it could be this really big joke I'm just not getting, but if you rewatch the 2016 Dan Memes video, abt halfway through he starts talking about all the furry stuff and he seems... serious? And in his video w/ Louise and Phil he brought it up lol. And in the distrack

I could be totally off, though. Again this could just be a joke he's making that I didn't pick up on lol

Lol, maybe? I mean, it's not on common for folks in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸/ Fetish scene to make jokes/off-hand comments to see how their vanilla friends react, to see if it's safe to tell them. And the way Dan always brings up not kink shaming, it kind of makes me think he's into something? Could just be something as banal light bondage and spanking though. But even if he was a furry (or into any kink, really), I doubt that's what the video would be on. I suspect a lot of parents would be very unhappy with that and would make their kids stop watching his videos. And also, again with the carefully cultivated internet personality, I just don't see it happening. I don't get why he keeps joking he's a furry either, though, tbh.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    z....
  • Options

He actually put his hands behind his head during The Internet Is Here. I'd had enough and just lightly tapped him once on the shoulder and said "Sir, I can't see!" He acted like I'd pulled a gun on him or something :/ Didn't apologize though, of course.
    I guess that's just kinda the age range that Dan and Phil attract (oh god that sounds... wrong :lol:)

I don't understand why, though? What is it that attracts you youths to a man twice your age and his maybe-boyfriend?! :D

Lol, maybe? I mean, it's not on common for folks in the plum/ Fetish scene to make jokes/off-hand comments to see how their vanilla friends react, to see if it's safe to tell them. And the way Dan always brings up not kink shaming, it kind of makes me think he's into something? Could just be something as banal light bondage and spanking though. But even if he was a furry (or into any kink, really), I doubt that's what the video would be on. I suspect a lot of parents would be very unhappy with that and would make their kids stop watching his videos. And also, again with the carefully cultivated internet personality, I just don't see it happening. I don't get why he keeps joking he's a furry either, though, tbh.

Honestly, I just think teenagers tend to be into people older than them/people they'll never be able to get. And Dan and Phil are kinda like... friends to a lot of people without ever meeting them, I guess? I'm not sure tbh. I just watch them 'cause I think they're funny and I love they're personalities. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the content. I'll just watch someone for their personality and because I find them generally enjoyable. I actually watch an anime reviewer because I love his personality... and I don't watch, like, any anime.

:lol: anywho, I was totally off haha. Regardless, it was still a pretty great video lol. I'm loving the whole "wholesome Howell" think dan's got going on haha
  • Options
    I'm honestly kind of in shock? Like, that was it? Really? I'm kind of let down, he made it sound like such a big deal.

Although "British Dad save me angry tangerine Dad is in charge of America." was amazing. :D

Also, am I the only one who just assumed he was lying and there was vodka in that glass?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Apparently that actually wasn't the big video. He postponed the one he was hyping up. I guess it'll be his next video.

Omg that was amazing. And the person who sent the bee movie script in morse code?? I aspire to be that level of amazing :lol:

Haha I saw some comments like that. I wouldn't be surprised, tbh. Though I suppose if it was vodka he'd have a harder time drinking it haha. I'd expect some grimaces or something.
  • Options
    OK, that makes sense.

He probably drinks so heavily because of us, he can just drink vodka like water. :D
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    OK, that makes sense.

He probably drinks so heavily because of us, he can just drink vodka like water. :D

:lol: so Dil's alcoholism comes from Dan's side of the family?
  • Options
    Obviously :p

Don't know if you saw, but apparently there is no super special big video coming. Some fans were asking him about it and he had no clue what they were talking about, apparently.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Obviously :p

Don't know if you saw, but apparently there is no super special big video coming. Some fans were asking him about it and he had no clue what they were talking about, apparently.

Man, really? Dang. I was genuinely looking forward to some sort of big news (honestly, for some reason I convinced myself that they were moving lol). Oh, well. lmao at least we've got Evan (Even?) to look forward to in the future

was this on Dan's twitter or something?
  • Options
    You had me convinced too! Yeah, I don't have Twitter, but someone had screenshot the whole convo and put it on Instagram.

Evan isn't half as cute as Dan.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    :lol: apologies for getting your hopes up. I'll be sure to never speculate again to save us all he pain of disappointment. and I scrolled through his twitter and didn't see it? let me check again tho

but he's so cu t e and so shy i just?? all dab does is run away into the bushes to be free and even just sits there being adorable. who needs special videos: THIS is the quality content I signed up for :lol:
  • Options
    I'll see if I liked the post on IG. At least we're not as unhinged as the people who are taking Phil's fortune telling video literally and think they are having a baby
    If they are a couple, I'm positive they'd get married before they had a baby.

But Dab has his awesome hair and otter shirt.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Hahaha oh my god that's hilarious. Them hiding a secret relationship? Fine. Plausible. I'm even willing to stretch my disbelief and say that they could hide a marriage.

But a kid?! Good lord. I just... I don't even know how to think about that :lol: I think that's worse than the overly concerned phandom members, who apparently think they know dan's emotions + mental state better than Dan himself lmao. Sometimes I just... some people take it a bit too far. They just toe the line between being an invested fan and being flat out creepy.

True... but Evan's got that Shaggy from scooby doo kinda hair! And his dad isn't an alcoholic. Probably.
  • Options
    I even saw someone saying Phil was pregnant. I know some schools have abstinence-only education, but come on! Also, I thought Phil's supposed to be the top? (I legit don't understand where people get that idea from, but if I'm going to play their game, might as well play by their rules.)

Nuuu, I'm faithful to the Howlters! You will never sway me! :p
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻