Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game keeps freezing in every world

I've noticed my game has been freezing in every world I try.i only started noticing it yesterday.

It's much like the lag you'd get in an unfixed isla paridiso .would this be something a fresh sims 3 folder would fix ?i don't want to have to reinstall all my store stuff but I suppose I could hold off on reinstalling them if I do .

Happy Simming!♥

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Try it. Just pull the sims 3 folder from documents to desktop. Start the game and it will generate a new fresh file and test the game.

You could have a corrupt save. If your save is large and your computer is under-powered could cause these issues too. Hard to say without knowing your computer specs. If you want to post your computer specs, Windows key + R Key. in the run box in your bottom right hand corner type DxDiag. Hit ok, let it load and save a copy of the text file to desktop. Open the text file at desktop and copy and past the DxDiag in several sections in several posts. The report is very long and will not fit in one post. You can also upload the DxDiag to pastebin http://pastebin.com/ and post a link here if that is easier for you. Thank you
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    http://pastebin.com/LWAh22k6

i cut down on my cc to about 2-3 gb.so its been running really smooth untill the IP like lag hit
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Your computer is fine. Did you make sure it's running on Nvidia not intel? Maybe it switched cards? Is the game added to nvidia control panel and are you using vsync?
  • Options
    Your computer is fine. Did you make sure it's running on Nvidia not intel? Maybe it switched cards? Is the game added to nvidia control panel and are you using vsync?

how would i check to see if its using the nvidia?i'm sure it probably is.i do have vsync on though
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    edited September 2016

how would i check to see if its using the nvidia?i'm sure it probably is.i do have vsync on though

Make sure vsync is working. Check your fps in game using fps on cheat and see if it is capped at 60. FPS will show up in game in the upper right hand corner of your game screen

What patch are you on 1.67 or 1.69? what file is added to nvidia control panel? Ts3w or ts3.exe ?

@igazor isn't there a post somewhere where some people had to put some setting on intel when they have dual cards?
  • Options

Make sure vsync is working. Check your fps in game using fps on cheat and see if it is capped at 60. FPS will show up in game in the upper right hand corner of your game screen

What patch are you on 1.67 or 1.69? what file is added to nvidia control panel? Ts3w or ts3.exe ?

@igazor isn't there a post somewhere where some people had to put some setting on intel when they have dual cards?

I think the Intel might be on my motherboard .im on patch 1.67 ,using ts3w
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options

OK on the patch and file.

some were having issues with dual cards where they needed to do something to the intel card. Maybe @igazor knows
  • Options

OK on the patch and file.

some were having issues with dual cards where they needed to do something to the intel card. Maybe @igazor knows

Thank you c: I did a new folder and tested a save I downloaded and it seems to be alright with a lot of nraas mods in play but I need to test other worlds to make sure I don't miss anything
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The dual card lingering issue is being solved for some players by enabling vsync on the Intel chip as well as Nvidia. See Nikoa's post here. Although it's worth a try, I'm not convinced that's the issue here.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15174367/#Comment_15174367
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I'll look at it when I get home .if it's not that then could it have possibly been something installed incorrect?
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    If the problem did go away completely on a clean folder, sounds like you might have had a misbehaving mod or CC.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    If the problem did go away completely on a clean folder, sounds like you might have had a misbehaving mod or CC.

Well I did put all those back to test it .it did behave alright .i played a couple of days of the save .ill try another world later today and see how it goes with the mods
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options

i just got home and tested a custom world this time.Storybrook County .Everything seemed smooth unless it was generating NPCs .however it did spit out some script errors.should i upload them to nraas?
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options

i just got home and tested a custom world this time.Storybrook County .Everything seemed smooth unless it was generating NPCs .however it did spit out some script errors.should i upload them to nraas?

Some script logs are not really errors as you have seen before, but routine operations of the mods. But sure, we can always take a look.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options

Some script logs are not really errors as you have seen before, but routine operations of the mods. But sure, we can always take a look.

I usually get one or two when it's routine but it spit out 7 at once .ill upload them soon as I can
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2016
    You can tell if your computer is using the card over the chip by going into Nvidia Control Panel. Small toolbar at the top Desktop > Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area... It will look something like this:
    29965378211_ca3d2a93ba_o.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    I haven't been able to upload the script errors .but before I had to leave the house again yesterday I played a few more days in different worlds and things seem to be alright for the most part .

Still unsure what caused the problems
    Happy Simming!♥