Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSVIP about the forum! VERY INTERESTING.

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited September 2016
    Staying out of the unnecessary drama.
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Umm if you think Maxis is being unfair and want to do something then boycott the forums and games honestly it makes no sense to remain here if you feel EA is being unjust in this situation.
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member

I have never seen her flame anyone and if you are talking about the time that she said that the forums where toxic then I actually agreed with her as she was right and was honest about it.

In fact she seems honest about a lot of things and I guess some people don' like that but I would rather see some honesty around here rather than any molly cuddling.

She *JUST* flamed me and deleted my comments on the 12th of September because I was not talking about Rachel's either A) Replacement or B) the changes that might be made. Instead, I was ALREADY engaging in a conversation on Why she left and why she was the one fired (being relatively new) compared to those who had already produced the game. Comments were deleted (from me and MULTIPLE users). I was accused of "Attacking" the producers and not steering the conversation positively.

Censorship at it's finest. Especially since we are ALL consumers who willingly give our money to development.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    Hey everybody! I reached out to the user that @SimGuruDrake was talking about. This was their response.
    1ZmvWcH.png

I don't believe anyone anymore.
    They could've offered him something to act the way they want( I'M JUST ASSUMING) . I wouldn't be surprised. They need to clean up the mess.
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    Lady Sugar wrote: »
    I can't blame EA for any of this. The Sims community is toxic and full of entitled whiners. If people would treat EA with the respect they deserve, there wouldn't be any problems.

No, honey. Backwards. If EA would treat us with the respect WE DESERVE, there wouldn't be any problems. No for nothing EA was named the WORST COMPANY OF AMERICA, TWO YEARS CONSECUTIVE.

The Sims 4 was the best selling PC game of 2015. If people hated them so much and felt so disrespected by them, they wouldn't purchase their games.

EA has done nothing but give, give, give, and all the fans want to do is take, take, take. They have put in thousands upon thousands of man hours to make TS4 the great game it is and all people talk about is what isn't in the game. I would be in no rush to add all sorts of features if my audience acted like the toddlers they so desperately want in the game.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Interesting to see better context when the other side of the story comes to light. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member

It takes more effort to get a warning than it does not to. Just last evening, some folks took offense to a post I made. We discussed it and came to a reasonable compromise, and no one had to get warned, no post had to get deleted, etc. You have to go out of your way to get 'censored', for whatever that's worth. It's not hard to be reasonable. Whatever grudge you have is your own doing.

Nobody has a grudge - at all. I'm not getting paid to be a Community Manager for The Sims online.

Oh, and NO. If you have the reputation to speak out on here, you will get warned, flamed, AND have your comments deleted. Just because you have had a positive experience, doesn't mean I have.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I can't blame EA for any of this. The Sims community is toxic and full of entitled whiners. If people would treat EA with the respect they deserve, there wouldn't be any problems.

Interesting reply.

I myself would refrain from the word 'whiner' as I believe that everyone is entitled to give their opinion no matter how good or bad it is but the level of negativity in the community is unpleasant and is what puts most players off from coming here rather than players simply being bored or giving up.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Well that's not surprising. They want fansites to sing to their hymn.

I do think SimsVIP is being really dramatic though. "Amanda Drake (SimGuruDrake), reached out to SimsVIP demanding we censor the contents of the post." - the actual email shows Drake politely asking if she would edit it.

It's all a bit childish if you ask me.

I agree. No where in that email is @simgurudrake "demanding" anything. This is starting to feel like a witch hunt and I don't like it. Give her a break, she is just trying to do her job.

And with regards to the fan sites who reported the leaks no longer receiving the latest news about the game in a email before the information is released to the general public and not being invited to the City Living event, what do they expect? If you run a website and you post leaked information that not has been officially released, it is standard for you to lose your privileges and special treatment. Games companies always protect their products.

Well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    GrandJury wrote: »

It takes more effort to get a warning than it does not to. Just last evening, some folks took offense to a post I made. We discussed it and came to a reasonable compromise, and no one had to get warned, no post had to get deleted, etc. You have to go out of your way to get 'censored', for whatever that's worth. It's not hard to be reasonable. Whatever grudge you have is your own doing.

Nobody has a grudge - at all. I'm not getting paid to be a Community Manager for The Sims online.

Oh, and NO. If you have the reputation to speak out on here, you will get warned, flamed, AND have your comments deleted. Just because you have had a positive experience, doesn't mean I have.

You have a boycott petition going on. That thread hasn't been deleted. By the way, how's that going?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900060/simsvip-about-the-forum-very-interesting/p1
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    GrandJury wrote: »

I have never seen her flame anyone and if you are talking about the time that she said that the forums where toxic then I actually agreed with her as she was right and was honest about it.

In fact she seems honest about a lot of things and I guess some people don' like that but I would rather see some honesty around here rather than any molly cuddling.

She *JUST* flamed me and deleted my comments on the 12th of September because I was not talking about Rachel's either A) Replacement or B) the changes that might be made. Instead, I was ALREADY engaging in a conversation on Why she left and why she was the one fired (being relatively new) compared to those who had already produced the game. Comments were deleted (from me and MULTIPLE users). I was accused of "Attacking" the producers and not steering the conversation positively.

Censorship at it's finest. Especially since we are ALL consumers who willingly give our money to development.

You're not the only one. They banned me multiple times and deleted a lot of my posts just because i mentioned one simguru... It was forbidden by that time, i assume.
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Guess it is time to pack it in and move to other forums that is not Sims related because this game is too volatile and will have the honor of generating so much controversy. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top