Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wouldn't it be awesome if...

Comments

• Options
    young_modernyoung_modern Posts: 22 Member
    Nope!! My game already runs slow on my laptop... lets keep the graphics how they are!
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I don't care, the sims, cities skylines and strategic games in general are not know for innovating the games graphic. I prefer a solid simulation in this kind of games, if more resources go to the graphic there is less that goes to the gameplay. it's the reason I play strategic games to begin with, and avoid final fantasy saga like the plague since FF X, because it's all graphic and bla bla bla.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    meuamour wrote: »
    No, not really & they already discussed why they didn't take the "realistic" approach.

One point that stood out to me....the fact we cruelly kill sims.
    It's pure hilarity when they're stylized (ie. cartoon). Now imagine that with FF graphics....it's pretty creepy.
    Changes the game completely.

I thought the whole super HD/1080p type of graphics was cool when we were still in speculation of the TS4 but then I read the interview where this question was raised after EA/Sims appeared at all those game conferences. &Yeah it made sense.
    Plus imagine realized graphics + "Woohoo" the rating for this game would be completely different.

This. This alone pretty much seals the deal altogether.
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    No, not really & they already discussed why they didn't take the "realistic" approach.

It's pure hilarity when they're stylized (ie. cartoon). Now imagine that with FF graphics....it's pretty creepy.

I thought the whole super HD/1080p type of graphics was cool when we were still in speculation of the TS4 but then I read the interview where this question was raised after EA/Sims appeared at all those game conferences. &Yeah it made sense.
    Plus imagine realized graphics + "Woohoo" the rating for this game would be completely different.

how do u kill a sim "cruelly"? all deaths r just them laying on the ground and grim coming
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    It depends on personal preference. I think it would look horrible. Photorealistic people in videogames look ugly most of the time. (Cough, Gta 5 ,Cough) Also most people don't have a computer that can handle these graphics. I love the comic artstyle of sims 4 and really hope that sims 5 will have it to, just with sharper textures (render like)

I thought Sims3 was the right amount of real. It looked real without being too real. I don't care for Sims4 graphics.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited July 2016
    lejoninna wrote: »

how do u kill a sim "cruelly"? all deaths r just them laying on the ground and grim coming

Burning a Sim to death is one. If the graphics in The Sims were to look photorealistic, it may have the potential of making some deaths appear graphic.
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    Honestly, I love realistic style. But, for The Sims? No. I do agree the Cartoon style is...Nice, but I also think it could've been a bit more detailed, kinda like a semi-realistic style(♡).
    When I think about The Sims future graphics, I imagine semi-realism.

But, anyway...
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Omg my boyfriend says this all the time!!!! "They should make a more realistic sims game! Like GTA or the division!" And it's like.... No... You don't understand haha then he tells me I don't understand! He also wishes sims had a first person view hmm....
    It'd be neat but.... Idk how well itd work...
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've been skimming this thread and I also think they abandoned going more realistic for a reason. They want to keep it teen or closer to E rated... so that they can keep selling it in various countries with different ways of rating it. With the types of mods we can get to dress up what we do to our poor sims.. those things, looking very realistic would be all over you tube. Deaths, murders, woohoo situations. Parents might not buy the game for their kids. There just needs to be another type of simulation game that goes that route that wouldn't "taint" this brand name. I am a deviant player and I get it....
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    When the Sims 4 was announced I was all on the bandwagon of realistic looking graphics but in light of the above arguments, I can see why they (developers) went the route of "cartoon-art." I was majorly bummed when S4 was first released, thought the sims themselves were awful and did not play the game for awhile. Then the game started to grow on me and I can enjoy playing (with some obvious reservations). So no, I would not enjoy realism in a sims game...it would just "look" wrong.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    It'd be way to creepy to control sims' every move when they looked realistic. I honestly wouldn't play it if they had graphics detail like CoD or anything like that :s
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Omg my boyfriend says this all the time!!!! "They should make a more realistic sims game! Like GTA or the division!" And it's like.... No... You don't understand haha then he tells me I don't understand! He also wishes sims had a first person view hmm....
    It'd be neat but.... Idk how well itd work...

I'm up for a first person view and movement with a controller and/or WASD :smiley:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I actually find the humans in the realistic games are not really that good. I'd hate my sims to look like Aiden in Watchdogs, for example.

Bioshock Infinite is one of my favourite games and I love the artsyle in that and lets face it, the depictions of humans in that aren't far off those in the Sims 4:

Bioshock-Infinite-Elizabeth-2.png

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Even GTA V. Look at Trevor. It works because it is, again, cartoony. More real, but definitely not photoreal:

maxresdefault.jpg

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    I actually find the humans in the realistic games are not really that good. I'd hate my sims to look like Aiden in Watchdogs, for example.

Bioshock Infinite is one of my favourite games and I love the artsyle in that and lets face it, the depictions of humans in that aren't far off those in the Sims 4:

Bioshock-Infinite-Elizabeth-2.png

yes that's my favorite game too!! the world is soo beautiful and lively, it could totally fit for a sims purpose. the death arent even that grafic in it
  • Options
    I'm more inclined to this:
    8kOr4eQh.jpg
    zUuhgJ4.jpg
    mfCdivN.gif

• Options
    Hyeion wrote: »
    I'm more inclined to this:
    8kOr4eQh.jpg
    zUuhgJ4.jpg

Take my money
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    @ModerateOsprey Bioshock Infinite is also good, Semi-Realism or Bioshock Inspired, Perrrrfect! :
    mfCdivN.gif

• Options
    yes we could use more adventurous worlds, maybe ones that are the opposite of eachother. all worlds are kinda the same right now
    see how nice
    e12ous.jpg
  • Options
    @ModerateOsprey Bioshock Infinite is also good, Semi-Realism or Bioshock Inspired, Perrrrfect! :

I would certainly not like to see the game go in a more realistic direction. Can you imagine the sims rendered and animated in lots of different art mediums - water colour, oils, acrylics, pencil, etc.....awesome :joy:
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't really like realistic graphics. It looks creepy for a sims game IMO.

I found some pictures from life is strange and presumably from GTA.
    They look nice in terms of graphics and still keep the cartoony art.
    2u7b155.jpg
    34ycx6w.jpg

And the Sims Medieval itself
    2lxf778.jpg
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options

I would certainly not like to see the game go in a more realistic direction. Can you imagine the sims rendered and animated in lots of different art mediums - water colour, oils, acrylics, pencil, etc.....awesome :joy:

*Brain breaksdown* :dizzy:
    @ModerateOsprey Actually, I found a bit of both SemiStyle-Bioshock:
    ShWWEgv.jpg

@littlearchitect True, I forgot about Life is Strange, absolutely like that.
    mfCdivN.gif

• Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    i want a floating city
    bdvb5z.png

This is a MUST! a Sims floating city would be super awesome! :o
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    I don't really like realistic graphics. It looks creepy for a sims game IMO.

And the Sims Medieval itself
    2lxf778.jpg

Is that an OK game? If so, might be worth picking up. Can it be modded? Sorry for question barrage :innocent:

Awake.
    The day's divinity....