Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Novel Idea! Reading Circle B

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Who had been your favorite creator so far? Why?
    Does Luna count? Because we know most about her character and that's probably why she's my favourite.

What scene had been the most touching for you?
    Something about queen Marissa and her obsession to conceive by any means necessary and give a birth to a girl after she had lost her first daughter touched me deeply. Seeing her standing over her daughter's grave was a very powerful moment. Her character is damaged, she's cruel and she's on the verge of insanity, but one can't help but feel for her.

Have you a favorite hunk there? (Living or dead doesn't matter) Should there be /had been more screen time for him?
    Do you really want me to answer that? Thought so. :D

Why do you think does Tony have a bigger role? As you might know, every character I use has something to do with my main characters. What could that be for him?
    I thought his role was to end the war either by killing the queen or by submitting himself to her will as a part of the peace treaty.
    Then part of me hoped he would meet Luna and that despite the age difference they would make a strong ruling couple. She would heal his wounded soul, because she is kind and understanding and he as a great warrior would help her tribe become stronger. But Luna is with Armeni now. He could still find a way to her tribe and help her, even though it was stated he hates the amazons. So, I'm little out of ideas here. Maybe he will stop those men who still want war/revenge?

As you might know I let a lot of bad things happen to my characters. What character deserves a happy end? How could that look like? Ultimate happy ending would be peace for everyone so that they could all heal, repair everything, their homes, relationships between male tribes and the amazons, men and women would be treated with equal respect. As for individual characters, I think Luna has found her happiness, Keria seems to be content to right now with her new man. Marissa has her daughter, the next queen. That leaves us with Tony who seems to be in need of his own inner peace. I admit, that the idea of him staying the lone wolf, a nomad, a warrior for hire, never settling down and wandering through the lands has its appeal. The story could end that way. Then there's other part of me that believes he's been through a lot and deserves to find the perfect home, and rest for his soul.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I will be back to answer the questions .. but for now I post an update ...

Suitor #3 .. Preston is on the scene. He is a cutie!

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/02/05/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-4-meet-preston/

[img][/img]01-27-17_3-07-39nbspAM_zpsanpchnbw.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    New episode of The Bachelorette: Disney Wildlife Edition! And I will get to the questions later :D

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Whenever I update The Bachelorette I always wind up updating my legacy too!

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited February 2017
    The lurker returns to lurk somemore! Mwahahahahahahahaha!

Also to show off @Sterretjeee 's girl that I made for her. Meet Mia Johansen - the popular cheerleader(sorta - she's not keen on her fellow cheerleaders...maybe so much so that she ditches the cheer squad :scream: )

02-07-17_3-52-38PM_zpsk3buepuc.png

02-07-17_3-41-31PM_zpsigt7wz9y.png
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »
    New episode of The Bachelorette: Disney Wildlife Edition! And I will get to the questions later :D

So cute .. #teamflounder
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    My promised answers :)

Who had been your favorite creator so far? Why?

I liked Fire :) She was brave and independent.

What scene had been the most touching for you?

The very first sacrifice was sad because Tebethia stayed by Pallas’ side 'til he made her leave .. and Kiera praying for it not to be painful and then she sang to him .. OH snif

Have you a favorite hunk there? (Living or dead doesn't matter) Should there be /had been more screen time for him?

Well outside of you know who .. HELLO! I liked fire’s boy Armeni.

Why do you think does Tony have a bigger role? As you might know, every character I use has something to do with my main characters. What could that be for him?

I am not sure that there would NOT be any story that would not benefit form more Tony (Kind of like cowbell .. always need more)

As you might know I let a lot of bad things happen to my characters. What character deserves a happy end? How could that look like?

The one who stuck with me all thru the story was Keria and Kalani … I would have loved them to have a happier ending.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    The lurker returns to lurk somemore! Mwahahahahahahahaha!

Also to show off @Sterretjeee 's girl that I made for her. Meet Mia Johansen - the popular cheerleader(sorta - she's not keen on her fellow cheerleaders...maybe so much so that she ditches the cheer squad :scream: )

02-07-17_3-52-38PM_zpsk3buepuc.png

02-07-17_3-41-31PM_zpsigt7wz9y.png

She's amazing! I love her, thank you so much <3
  • Options
    A new chapter from the Grace's! Only 3 more to go before a big time-jump <3

3.52 Lifting fogs
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    It's another hiatus for me ladies :( - I am moving and work is getting increasingly more demanding. I am foreseeing about a two-month break until I am settled in and ready to get back into the swing of things. I do hope you all understand - I will catch up on all upon my return - hugs!!!!!
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    It's another hiatus for me ladies :( - I am moving and work is getting increasingly more demanding. I am foreseeing about a two-month break until I am settled in and ready to get back into the swing of things. I do hope you all understand - I will catch up on all upon my return - hugs!!!!!

Makes me sad but I so understand
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @VIRTUALEE Gonna miss you Lee! But I completely understand and I hope your move will go swiftly :)
    And hey! You'll get to binge-read! (Always look at the bright side of life ;))
    I hope to hear from you every now and then <3
    Hugs!
  • Options

We understand. Take your time. Just, do you think you could put up February calendar on the first page before you disappear? Thanks! I hope everything goes smoothly for you with the moving.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    was february's calendar posted? if so I missed it. @Marialein mind sharing again?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Is it possible that we don't have any hottie for February? How so? Scandalous!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    wupsi. sorry about the calender. I forgot about it. Today is my first work day :) We have Spottys hottie, the green one you know?
  • Options
    @VIRTUALEE I'm sorry you won't be around as much but I get it. You'll be missed but we'll keep your sit here at the fictional table I just made out nice and warm with a cup of hot chocolate waiting for you ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    A few endings are in store for the Blancs in this new update :(

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    So first of all thanks to everyone for answering my questions <3

Then it is sad that you won't be that active @VIRTUALEE but I am happy you stay with us. A few months is nothing :)

I am gonna make the calendar tomorrow because now I am already a bit tired. I started working in my first real job two days ago so i guess most of the time I will be around on the weekends. :)
  • Options
    Hey Lovlies!

The Making of a Princess is officially finished! I just posted the finale! If you can spare a minute or five let me know what you think :smiley:
  • Options
    Hey Lovlies!

The Making of a Princess is officially finished! I just posted the finale! If you can spare a minute or five let me know what you think :smiley:

I already commented in your thread. Add an /applause to it. You did an amazing job! What I appreaciate the most is that you managed to complete the whole thing. That can't be said about every author and it is the greatest accomplisment about writing and the toughest goal. :smile: Congratulations!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Hey Lovlies!

@Kamio I left a comment on the thread! But I guess I'd like to ask you for some tips for simmer wanting to potentially try the challenge themselves <3
    I mean, that's a lot of girls in one house and a lot of hard decisions to make! How did you do it?
  • Options
    Having fun playing a new challenge from @Brennachan .. Here is a little bit of something I scratched out so you all can join in the fun too ..

[img][/img]02-02-17_4-00-39nbspAM_zpsixmbku6t.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/02/12/the-post-apocalyptic-murkland-starter-challenge-1-it-begins/

The challenge thread is forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910413/post-apocalyptic-murkland-the-starter-challenge/p1
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks so much guys! I've never finished something like this before so I'm pretty proud of myself :smiley:

@Sterretjeee - I'm an administrator at heart so everything was regimented and structured. I loved for the pause button and autonomy on/off.

Automomy was always off. I only turned it on when the girls were ALL in the same area like the women's room, or the ballroom for a report and all of the doors/entrances to the room were locked :lol:

How I handled the Girls
    The girls would wake from 5-6 and I would send them to the bathroom to shower and use the toilet tans cue a direction for them to head down to the dining hall. With autonomy off they'd just stand around waiting until I had decided that enough of the girls were in the dining hall and then I'd direct them to take a plate from a number of different breakfast options. After breakfast where I'd direct different girls to have conversations with those around them I'd send them all to the women's room, lock the door and turn autonomy on. I always had food and coffee on offer for the girls while they were locked in the room...same with a waste disposal, toilets and a sink.

How I decided who to send home
    Ok, don't judge me here - eep! I sent girls home whose creators had entered more than one girl first - as in one person entered two girls and I sent one home, so that no one was uninvested in the story really early on. I sent Chloe (3rd girl gone) home before I'd weeded out those girls because she just didn't feel right for the competition. Out of all of the girls I found her the least compelling. (I am a horrible person). She was ...bland compared to the majority of other girls who had inspired storylines and moments of drama and conflict almost instantly.

After that girls who had developed 'Just Friends' with the prince were next in ththe list. The just friends status happens really easily if the romance bar isn't maintained above a certain level and with 18 girls I'm sure you can see how hard that actually was to maintain. Hahahahahahaha!

Girls who rejected Julius' flirts or date requests for whatever reason...negative mood, just not into him etc. went home straight away or at thleast conclusion of the date.

Delia and Prism getting kicked out was deliberately orcastrated. I had planned for the two to get into a fight with Valentina and used the club system and positive club action of fight to my advantage.

Girls Julius actually really liked and I loved were the hardest to decide on. Ultimately I'd look at relationship bar fullness with Julius compared to other girls, who he'd rolled the most/least wants for... and when comparing the remaining girls... I considered who I'd be ok saying goodbye too knowing that the others would stay for a little bit longer. Dominique was a huge favourite of Julius' and that was the hardest to decide on. I knew about week 5 that Savannah, Ariana, Ella, Skye and Dominique would make the last 5.

Story wise Savannah and Julius had the best friendship, Ella was the run away favourite and owned a special place in his heart - I sent her home early so I wouldn't be super conflicted when it came time to make a decision about who would win! - Ariana was the rich girl that was sweet and mellow and the king loved - of the girls left I felt like she would handle royal life the best/easiest, Skye was the first to reach soulmate status with the prince and Dominique held the princes attention via wants since week 3 of the competition. He was mega crazy about her - but hen randomly one day he started rolling wants to marry the other girls and Dominique was the only one he didn't roll that want for - so it made the decision of her going home easier for me.

Ultimately I struggled with the decision making and invented new ways to measure the girls against each other.

Ok that was a novel and a half.

Also the girls don't have to live in the royal household. For the 2ndSeasin they are living out of the household and I'm using the club system to invited all of th selected around to the the palace by moving a different girl from each club/house into the royal palace for a day and direct them to start a club gathering. I'm up to 32 girls...it could get interesting :blush: