Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Did Troi want to tell her about Valentine? Farrah didn't let her finish. :) I suppose she finally figured out who is responsible for the leak. Go get them, Far!

@Maladi777
    I was definitely hinting at him! But I'm not sure whether to leave her suitor admits for everyone to fill in themselves. Not everyone is a ValentineXTroian shipper ;)'
    Also Farrah is definitely going somewhere significant! Thanks for leaving a comment <3
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Oh Margo and Hester are soooooo stinking adorable! And just when Troi was spilling the beans Far walks away...i wanna know the mystery man and now i wanna know where Far is going!!!! Loved the update thank you!

@VIRTUALEE Yeah, they're just the cutest! <3
    The mystery man might just remain a mystery, where Farrah's going.. Not so much :lol:
    Thank you for reading and commenting!
    3.50 Once upon a time we were friends

29_12_16_17_21_50.png

Already dressed in their pyjama’s, Margo and Hester joined Graham and Sophia in the kitchen. “Well there you are! I was starting to get worried if you girls would even come!” She said, putting her hand on her hip while the other was holding a big spoon. “Of course we would come, Nanna!” Hester said enthusiastically. “I wouldn’t miss spending any time with you for the world!” Unlike her cousins she’d only see Sophia when visiting their home. Margo and Graham lived with her! ‘
    “That’s good to hear! Now let’s bake some of those delicious brownies, shall we? And Blue will read you all a story while we wait for them to finish.”

29_12_16_17_23_56.png

29_12_16_17_26_51.png

29_12_16_17_27_42.png

9_12_16_15_40_58.png

This was the house, Farrah was sure of it. She had never actually visited to place, yet knew the address by heart. Her career as writer made her remember tons of fictional stuff, most of them being irrelevant to the actual storyline, so remembering something as simple as an address she once heard was a piece of cake.

The loud thumping of her fist against the door shocked her for a moment. She didn’t want the adrenaline she was filled with ruin what she was about to do. Softly she took three deep breaths to contain herself.

9_12_16_15_56_57.png

“Farrah…” Mirjam’s hair was undone and she was clearly wearing her nightgown. “Come in.” She said, taken aback by the unannounced visit. “What are you doing here?” She asked, not leaving the hallway.
    Farrah took a deep breath once again before speaking. “Why did you do it?” She crossed her arms. Mirjam shook her head. “I’m not sure what you’re talking about.” The words angered Farrah. “Why did you leak my draft? You were the only one in it’s possession, and I was naïve to think I was hacked. Why did you do it?”

9_12_16_15_51_19.png

“Farrah I did no such thi-“ “Don’t lie to me.” Farrah furrowed her eyebrows. She felt so stupid and naïve, subconsciously she had taken Mirjam in protection. Not telling anyone about her being in possession of the draft. Not even considering the possibility of her being to blame. But the leak also made her stronger, and the last push she needed were her sister’s words. “I’ve been refusing to look at the answer, while it has been right in front of me all along.” Farrah hissed, but Mirjam didn’t give in. “Farrah, what happened to you was terrible, but I’m not sure what you’re doing here. After our fight I accept-“
    “Don’t play dumb with me, Mirjam! What I’m doing here is confront you with your sadistic pleasures. Did it feel good? You could have ruined my entire writing career!”

9_12_16_15_58_04.png

“Do not blame me for such thing, Farrah Grace.” Mirjam sneered, raising her finger.
    Somehow Farrah had not expected her to lose her cool like that. First the night of their fight and now this, Mirjam seemed to be a whole other person than the geeky librarian she thought she knew. “You come to my house at a ridiculous time, and the first thing you do is blow up in my face over something you have no prove of.” Farrah shook her head. “Oh, please. Drop the act. You know why I came? I came to do something I have not ever done in my life before. Actually getting angry rather than being passive and ignorant. And you gave me a darn good reason to.”

9_12_16_15_59_50.png

“You were my friend.” Farrah said. “I can’t believe you could actually do something like that over a stupid fight about a one-night stand. What was that all about anyway?” Farrah was surprised by her own calmness, even though she was raising mad she didn’t raise her voice. Mirjam opened her mouth to speak, but Farrah shook her head. “Forget it, it’s not worth talking about anyway. You might just go ahead and lie straight to my face again.”

This time Mirjam didn’t respond, she stared at her feet a little.
    “You know, I thought I would find you here, at least feeling somewhat guilty about what you did.” “I wouldn’t do such a thing.” Mirjam once again muttered. “And why exactly not?”

9_12_16_15_45_42.png

It was that exact moment Mirjam leaped forward and pressed Farrah against the door, forcing her lips on Farrah’s. Farrah was taking aback by the sudden action, trying to register what had just happened while being thrown out of her rage.

Suddenly things made sense, Mirjam’s cheerleader like behaviour on everything she did. The fight about her one-night stand. Even Carly’s awkward encounter and insecurities of their relationship. Mirjam had a crush on her.

Farrah mentally shook her head.

Mirjam loved her.

9_12_16_15_54_53.png

Farrah, not responding to Mirjam’s kiss at all, took a step back. She raised her hand to her mouth. “You… You had no right to do that.” She whispered.

Mirjam stomped on the floor. “No right to do that? In the name of the maker, I’m trying to make a point Farrah! I love you!”

But Farrah couldn’t think at all anymore, the shock of the kiss and the truth had put her mind blank. She almost felt like she pitied Mirjam.
    “This conversation is over.” Farrah said, before turning around and running from the house. Her mind nothing but fog.
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited January 2017
    I see you are getting into poseing. Nice. :) Can't say I didn't expected the whole Mirjam thing :D Very well written and I like Farrah for being this strong even more.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Well, the cat is out of the bag at last or however that saying goes.
    Mirjam is one disturbed woman indeed. She seems to always respond sort of inappropriately and Farrah is left to deal with that. :D I wonder what she's going to do about this news.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Marialein wrote: »
    I see you are getting into poseing. Nice. :) Can't say I didn't expected the whole Mirjam thing :D Very well written and I like Farrah for being this strong even more.

@Marialein Yes, I was familiar with them from contests, and finally found them fitting in my story. It was hard to find the right angle though and still feels a little clumsy to me :blush:
    Mirjam was kind of the predictable choice, but I enjoyed writing it nevertheless. We still have to see whether she really did it though, these are accusations. Thank you so much! And thanks for leaving a comment <3
    Well, the cat is out of the bag at last or however that saying goes.
    Mirjam is one disturbed woman indeed. She seems to always respond sort of inappropriately and Farrah is left to deal with that. :D I wonder what she's going to do about this news.

@Maladi777 This had to happen, Mirjam sure is coockoo in one way or another! Farrah tries, though. Finally lost her cool! Next chapter more about that ;)
    Thank you for reading and commenting! <3
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    WOW that was a surprise :) She is a tad crazy that is for sure .. BTW I loved the time at Nanna's house screenies .. so sweet!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    WOW that was a surprise :) She is a tad crazy that is for sure .. BTW I loved the time at Nanna's house screenies .. so sweet!

@lisabee2 Glad I could surprise you! Mirjam might need professional help! :lol:
    And I really liked that myself, wished I could include her other grandchildren soon too :)
    Thanks for commenting <3
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Ah, Mirjam. She seemed like a good influence on Farrah's life at first, but now... Well, let's just say I'll be fine if they don't reconcile- she seems kind of unstable.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    I knew it! Mirjam has a thing for Farrah after all! I still do ship it, but Mirjam needs help.
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    Cute! Avery is great! :)
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
    Ah, Mirjam. She seemed like a good influence on Farrah's life at first, but now... Well, let's just say I'll be fine if they don't reconcile- she seems kind of unstable.

@IchigoUsagi Mirjam does seem kind of unstable! Who knows what more'll be revealed of her... (Wait, I do! :lol:)
    Thanks for reading and commenting! <3
    I knew it! Mirjam has a thing for Farrah after all! I still do ship it, but Mirjam needs help.

@TheGeekGamez A ship, an actual ship! Haven't had those in a long time! :lol:
    I wonder how they could make it work though..
    Thank you for reading and commenting! <3
    Cute! Avery is great! :)

@Crzydramaqueen Awh, thank you so much! Did you just started reading? I love throwbacks to my earlier generations <3
    Thank you for reading and leaving a comment!

lisabee2 wrote: »

@lisabee2 Glad I could surprise you! Mirjam might need professional help! :lol:
    And I really liked that myself, wished I could include her other grandchildren soon too :)
    Thanks for commenting <3

You are so very welcome .. it is my joy :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited January 2017
    3.51 Around the corner

18_1_17_17_01_33.png

“So…” Farrah said, hoping to break the silence they had been sitting in for a solid five minutes. The officer looked up and smiled, he was clearly happy he didn’t have to start the conversation himself. Samuel was just gawking at Farrah, after calling him and saying she might have had a breakthrough on the leak he settled the appointment in a jiffy. Yet he had no idea what the actual breakthrough was.

Here they were, gathered in Samuel’s loft-office. He had put some chairs around the computer in case they might need it, but Farrah never reached out for it.

18_1_17_16_58_14.png

“My draft..” Farrah said. “Do you have any news on it?” The man, called officer Hayes, picked at his nails for a little while. “Not any that I can assure you of.” He said, his eyes switching between her, Samuel and the ridiculous giraffe-lamp behind them. Farrah crossed her arms, so far for any police confirmation. “I was told you had new information for us, though?” He added, tilting his head a little. Farrah nodded, smiling subtly. “Her name is Mirjam Sneijder, an old friend of mine. She had access to the draft around and before the time of the leak.” Farrah came to the point.

18_1_17_16_59_19.png

After giving Mirjam’s address to officer Hayes once again a silence fell. “Can you figure out whether the draft was leaked from her ip-address?” Farrah asked, after which Hayes raised his hands. “Hold your horses, miss Grace.” He said, clearly a bit taken aback. “Except for her having the draft at the wrong time, what would be her motive? How did she get the draft in the first place?”
    Farrah felt uncomfortable at the questions. “We… We were friends.” She admitted. “She proof-read a lot of my drafts, I gave them to her. Not long after a fight we had, the leak happened.” For a second she looked at Samuel. “Is that all?” Officer Hayes asked. “I have reasons to believe she was romantically interested in me.” She quickly added, noticing Samuel raising his eyebrows.

18_1_17_16_59_40.png

“Miss Grace, we can find out whether Mirjam leaked the files. But if she was in possession of the draft because you gave it to her..” He paused for a moment. “That would mean she hasn’t broken the law, she wouldn’t be punishable.” Farrah nodded for a moment, but Samuel revolted. “What do you mean by that?” He asked, crossing his arms. Farrah almost had to laugh at her usually goofy manager acting all serious. She didn’t felt half as tense in the situation as he did.

“That means, she’ll get away with it.” Officer Hayes answered. “If we do you any more favours, Farrah, we’ll cause suspicion.” The sudden change from Miss Grace to Farrah didn’t go unnoticed. “We can’t do you anymore favours just because of your mother being a colleague. Especially not one like that.”

18_1_17_17_05_31.png

Samuel was about to protest again, when Farrah raised her hand to silence him. “That’s alright, really.” She reassured. “I.. I’m not set on revenge, I really aren’t. I just want to know the truth.” Officer Hayes nodded understandingly. “You probably aren’t even allowed to tell me if it’s her, are you? Since she’s not in breach of the law.” Officer Hayes answered with a small ‘yeah’. “Then I would be extremely grateful to at least learn the truth. I won’t confront her, I won’t seek her out. But I’ll be able to live with the knowledge whom tried to hurt me.” Samuel seemed to have calmed down, and officer Hayes was quickly writing something down. “I’ll have someone figure it out.” He promises. “I’ll be in touch.”

18_1_17_17_08_15.png

“That was really brave of you, Farrah.” Samuel said, as they let officer Hayes out. “Thank you, Sam. And it was very brave of you to show up in sweats.” It made him laugh for a second, the tension clearly leaving the room. “I mean it though, I really just want to know. By now I kind have come to peace with the draft being leaked. I just need to come to peace with a former friend possibly having done it too.” Samuel nodded. “I understand.”

“Then I’ll head home now too, it’s getting late.”

18_1_17_17_10_36.png

Stepping outside of the building, Farrah was triggered by a small blond ponytail, hanging above an orange jacket. She immediately recognized the long tender figure as Carly’s, and she couldn’t help but feeling drawn to her. What was she doing around Samuel’s apartment block around this time? Was she following her?
    As if it were an instinct Farrah started to shadow Carly, soon realizing that she was simply making her way home. Not tailing Farrah. She felt a little silly, but decided to approach Carly anyway. She had some questions left unanswered after all.

18_1_17_17_13_59.png

“Hey!” Farrah yelled, at which Carly turned around. “Your girlfriend kissed me.”
    Immediately Farrah felt her head turning red, did she really just say that? Way to approach the situation tactically.
    Carly seemed to ponder about how to respond for a while, mixed feelings showing all over her face. At the end she went with an uncomfortable: “Did you like it?”
    Farrah raised her eyebrows. Was she for real? Whether Farrah liked it should be the least of her concerns. “Excuse me?” Farrah said, she really was unsure where the sudden question came from.
    Carly shook her head. “Never mind.” She said. “I guess that doesn’t really matter.”

18_1_17_17_13_15.png

“Mirjam has a… Mirjam loves me, doesn’t she?” Farrah asked, making Carly shift uncomfortably from feet to feet.
    Like her blinkers were removed Farrah spotted similarities between Carly and her, the blonde hair. The brown eyes… Even their figures were alike.

As Carly didn’t respond, Farrah continued talking. “And you knew, didn’t you?”
    Carly crossed her arms, looking away. “I figured it out somewhere along the way.” She admitted, not making any eye contact.

“Did you leak my draft?” Farrah then asked, at which Carly shifted her attention back to Farrah. “Out of jealousy?” She added, making Carly shake her head.

18_1_17_17_12_52.png

“Is that a serious question? No Farrah, I did not leak your draft. I wouldn’t even have known it was leaked if Mirjam didn’t rub it all up in my face.” Farrah felt flabbergasted as Carly continued her rant. “As a matter of fact, I don’t even want to be in a relationship with Mirjam anymore, let alone commit a crime out of jealousy. The woman is unkind, manipulative and I can’t believe the hurt she has done to the people she loves.”

In a reaction Farrah reached out to Carly’s cheek, it was bruised only a few weeks ago. But Carly pulled away.

18_1_17_17_19_36.png

“We’re in the middle of a break up, and that’s only a small part of the reason why.” She said, now touching her cheek herself. “You mean the bruise, right? It’s what I meant when I said unkind and hurting the people she supposedly loves. Those tiny hands…” Carly threw her hands up, clearly not wanting to talk about it. “No, I’m not jealous. I pity you, because she actually loves you. She only pretended to love me, and it didn’t do me any good.”

Farrah’s concerned expression must’ve reminded Carly of what exactly they were talking about in the first place. It seemed out of place. “It’s your choice whether you believe me or not, but no. I did not leak your draft out of jealousy.” Carly repeated.

18_1_17_17_20_37.png

“It’s late and I should leave.” Carly then announced, turning on her heels and walking away.
    Farrah felt even more confused than before. Did Carly just admit to Mirjam being abusive? And to Mirjam leaking her draft? The whole conversation was a big blur and she couldn’t figure out what information to take for granted and what not.

Hopefully a good night’s rest would make her feel better.
    Post edited by Sterretjeee on
    Mirijam. You had been a kind person at first but now you remember me of some creep I wrote. Don't dare ending being like him or I will send Armeni after you >:) I hope this ends well. Maybe not so much for Mirijam but for Farrah.
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I called this. Right from the first time we met Mirjam, I called this. I'm feeling incredibly smug right about now XD XD Now I hope they can punish Mirjam for being abusive.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    Mirijam. You had been a kind person at first but now you remember me of some creep I wrote. Don't dare ending being like him or I will send Armeni after you >:) I hope this ends well. Maybe not so much for Mirijam but for Farrah.

@Marialein George and Mirjam would be great friends! :lol:
    I don't think she would like the wrath of Armeni, though! We shall soon see how this ends, only 4 more chapters to go ;)
    Thanks for reading and commenting! <3
    I called this. Right from the first time we met Mirjam, I called this. I'm feeling incredibly smug right about now XD XD Now I hope they can punish Mirjam for being abusive.

@Spottydog714 I didn't even make her look shady! The game did, blame the random generation! All I did was tweak :lol:
    Carly would've to press charges against Mirjam for that, it wouldn't be in Farrah's power. And the proof is already gone, so they better just stay away :)
    Thank you for reading and leaving a comment! <3

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

Mirjam really is a lot like George, isn't she? I wonder if she's always been like that or if the unrequited love turned her into this abusive bitter woman.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    All caught up again and UGH Mirjiam is such a creeper!! I am so glad Farrah is far removed from that looney!

Mirjam really is a lot like George, isn't she? I wonder if she's always been like that or if the unrequited love turned her into this abusive bitter woman.

@Maladi777 I think it's safe to say the unrequited love turned her, Farrah has known her for years without noticing anything. It was her rendez vous that was the final straw of something building up over the years. Hopefully that means Mirjam will find recovery some day too :)
    Thanks for reading and commenting <3
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    All caught up again and UGH Mirjiam is such a creeper!! I am so glad Farrah is far removed from that looney!

@VIRTUALEE Glad you caught up! Definitely safe to say dumping Mirjam would be in everyone's best interest :lol:
    Thank you for reading and leaving a comment <3
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Mirjam definitly needs help. Though I've shipped mirjam and Farrah since they were just friends, She's definitly crossed a line.
    Mirjam definitly needs help. Though I've shipped mirjam and Farrah since they were just friends, She's definitly crossed a line.

@TheGeekGamez Hopefully she'll find help soon! Whether a relationship between Farrah and Mirjam would still happen now, well that's highly unlikely!
    Thank you for reading and commenting <3
    edited February 2017
    3.52 Lifting fogs

date_profile1.jpg

Farrah blushed a fury red as Finn Foster showed on her phone. He was young, handsome and a painter.

Only a week ago she had downloaded this dating-app Troian had suggested. Farrah never found herself the type to use such an app, but downloaded it nevertheless. After a week she had finally found the courage to open it and create a profile. The application on her phone immediately started generating potential matches, starting with the handsome 25-year old.

Farrah’s finger hovered over the heart-designed buttons. After her failed dating-spree she was afraid to re-enter that cycle. Would she nit-pick on these new matches as well?

She then pressed the heart.

date_profile4.jpg

“I’m not dating, because I need a man.” Farrah told herself out loud, she then quickly scanned the arches leading to the hallway. No one had seen her talking to her breakfast.

Farrah had to admit that her failed dates would’ve been because of her need to feel independent. She would reject any man, just because she was afraid to commit after Maxime. After rushing into a relationship for a legacy.

But her heart-to-heart with Troian had changed that. She would still be independent and strong. She would still love herself and her children first.

But she would be able to find comfort and love in, Hendrik Matthews for example, when she would need it.

Farrah giggled to herself, envisioning her future with Hendrik. She decided to press the broken-heart after all.

date_profile3.jpg

As the first woman turned up on Farrah’s screen, she once again changed colour.

Sure, she had pressed ‘both’ on interests on purpose, but Gina Fields made the entire thing so real al out of sudden. The alternative girl seemed so comfortable on the picture, she probably was.

She traced the lines of her face with her finger for a second, although her age said unknown Farrah could see she was fairly young.

Farrah didn’t have enough courage to press the heart.

date_profile2.jpg

Another woman popped up, 29 year old Mathilda made Farrah smile. “Office job.” She snickered. And once reading her quote she was sold, this was something she should try. Even if she turned out not to be interested in women at the end, would it really matter that she dated some? As long as she stayed honest to them and herself there would be no harm done.

Confidently she pressed the heart.

date_profile5.jpg

A bit geeky boy showed up next, she immediately guessed his profile picture was a holiday-shot. The background looked like a tropic vacation destination.

But his quote and career hinted that he was probably a gamer. “Slay4Days” and “Unemployed” were no turn-ons to Farrah.

She pressed the broken heart and decided to close the app for now.

23_1_17_19_32_37.png

“Adele and me really aren’t all that different.” Farrah muttered, her phone still in her hand. While she rushed into a relationship with Maxime, feeling it was part of the legacy, Adele got married really young to the man she loved in high-school, even if it might have not been the man she loved after high-school.

The thought inspired Farrah.

23_1_17_19_34_46.png

Immediately she tucked her phone in her pocket, heading for the stairs.

Adele’s story would continue, today. Farrah didn’t know how long she would need, but at least she knew what was to happen.

As if the fog was lifted from her mind, a fog that was withholding her from finishing the story.

23_1_17_19_36_14.png

23_1_17_19_36_36.png

23_1_17_19_36_59.png

23_1_17_19_37_31.png

Farrah had been writing for at least two hours when her phone went, she saw the time and knew her children would soon return from school before pressing ‘answer’.

“Farrah Grace.” She cheerfully answered the oppressed call.

“Hi, miss Grace. This is officer Hayes.”

Farrah lifted her head, shaken out of her writing-rush.

“Officer Hayes, hi! What.. Why? Where do I owe this call to?”

“We know who leaked your draft, for sure.”

A/N
    Huge thanks to @Marialein for designing and creating these amazing dating profiles <3
    @Sterretjeee you're welcome :) It was fun to make them. So happy to see Farrah being confident about the future with or without a someone at her side. ;)
    What a cute idea! Glad to see her getting stronger .. and super glad to know that there will be answers about her leaked manuscript.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    OG those profiles slay me!! Great update thank YOU