Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anyway to stop having aliens in my game?

I don't like them... I don't want them :< Seriously, is there a way I can prevent aliens from appearing in my game?

(please, please say yes)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hello
    If you use mods, MC Command Center has an occult module that contains a setting for the amount of aliens in the game,as well as other alien settings
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    If you use mods, MC Command Center has an occult module that contains a setting for the amount of aliens in the game,as well as other alien settings
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680

Rose, bless your heart for replying! I'm off to ck out the mod (cross your fingers for me!) :)
  • Options
    Hello.
    I hope that the mod helps in your game :)

I looked it over, but I'm just not techie enough to understand it :-/ (I do appreciate you linking it tho!) I just wish there was a way to prevent them in my game. I'm just not into aliens at all (sigh).
  • Options
    Hello
    It would be good to post on egwarhammer' s mod thread about your aliens issue and she can help you with mod settings.
    The link to that thread is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here

I am sorry, but we can't turn off aliens in our normal game.
  • Options
    Hello
    It would be good to post on egwarhammer' s mod thread about your aliens issue and she can help you with mod settings.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here

Thanks so much for all your help Rose ((hugs)) :)
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    You can also delete known aliens from manage worlds. Instead of totally deleting a whole alien household though, edit it instead and create or add non alien sims that you would like running around town and just delete the aliens. I noticed if I play a Sim in a game that is in the science career, or a sim has gone to Sixam, that there seem to be more aliens generated by the game. Also, going to Magnolia for any reason seems to cause aliens to pop up more in game.
  • Options
    Jonalin wrote: »
    Hello

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    You can also delete known aliens from manage worlds. Instead of totally deleting a whole alien household though, edit it instead and create or add non alien sims that you would like running around town and just delete the aliens. I noticed if I play a Sim in a game that is in the science career, or a sim has gone to Sixam, that there seem to be more aliens generated by the game. Also, going to Magnolia for any reason seems to cause aliens to pop up more in game.

Is that only through the mod soooz?
    Hello

:smile:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Is that only through the mod soooz?
    Hello

:smile:

The mod can help you identify aliens in your world that you don't already know about. (The ones you know about anyway, just go into Manage Households and delete.) If you have just the base part of the mod, you can use the command get_pop a to list the aliens in a file. If you have the Occult module, you can tell the game to Humanize All Aliens.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

The mod can help you identify aliens in your world that you don't already know about. (The ones you know about anyway, just go into Manage Households and delete.) If you have just the base part of the mod, you can use the command get_pop a to list the aliens in a file. If you have the Occult module, you can tell the game to Humanize All Aliens.

Oh my, I would love "Humanize All Aliens"... that would be perfect! I'm just so technically disadvantaged the mod doesn't seem like something I can handle though :<
  • Options

Oh my, I would love "Humanize All Aliens"... that would be perfect! I'm just so technically disadvantaged the mod doesn't seem like something I can handle though :<

Hello.
    If you would like to use the mod, egwarhammer will help you fix up the settings if you post on her thread. She will show you screenshots and help you step by step. It is understandable that the mod looks a little overwhelming. She will though take you step by step to set up the mod to work how you want it to.
    The link to the thread is
  • Options

Hello.
    If you would like to use the mod, egwarhammer will help you fix up the settings if you post on her thread. She will show you screenshots and help you step by step. It is understandable that the mod looks a little overwhelming. She will though take you step by step to set up the mod to work how you want it to.

Rose. again... thank you so much! And thank you to everyone who took the time to help me ~ have a terrific day!
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Excuse me for asking. But if you install that mod against aliens, then what about the science career. I mean, when your scientist is prompted to visit the alien world? And furthermore when he/she has to find the aliens among them?
  • Options

Hello.

Rose. again... thank you so much! And thank you to everyone who took the time to help me ~ have a terrific day!

Hello.
    You're welcome :) Happy simming!
  • Options
    Excuse me for asking. But if you install that mod against aliens, then what about the science career. I mean, when your scientist is prompted to visit the alien world? And furthermore when he/she has to find the aliens among them?

Hello
    The MC Command Center mod has different settings to control the way aliens work in the game. Simmers are able to adjust the alien settings to suit the way they play the game and the likelihood of abductions and other features connected with aliens.
    The module is designed to tune alien settings , not only to prevent them appearing. It works both to prevent and to encourage them to appear , depending on what the simmer sets in the module.
  • Options
    @Jonalin I don't have mods or CC in my game. My method only works with aliens that you already know about. If I see someone "glowing", or an alien out of disguise I jot down their name on a piece of paper and will go into manage worlds later and add humans to the household and delete the aliens. Mods and CC can be really awesome, but I prefer not to deal with the negative effects that can happen from using them.
  • Options
    @Jonalin I don't have mods or CC in my game. My method only works with aliens that you already know about. If I see someone "glowing", or an alien out of disguise I jot down their name on a piece of paper and will go into manage worlds later and add humans to the household and delete the aliens. Mods and CC can be really awesome, but I prefer not to deal with the negative effects that can happen from using them.

I do the same. If I see someone I don't want in my game, I just delete them. It's not very hard to do, especially when it's sims I don't play with. :)
  • Options

I do the same. If I see someone I don't want in my game, I just delete them. It's not very hard to do, especially when it's sims I don't play with. :)

My sims have been going to restaurants and retails shops and there's these blueish-greenish aliens working in there all the time. They make those alien sounds and just ruin my overall sim experience :-/

How do I delete them from my game please?
  • Options

My sims have been going to restaurants and retails shops and there's these blueish-greenish aliens working in there all the time. They make those alien sounds and just ruin my overall sim experience :-/

Hello
    Type into the cheat box
    testingcheats true
    Then shift click on the aliens that you don't want in your game, and click " add to household"
    Then go to manage households, click on your sims household and move the aliens into their own new household. Then delete the new alien household.
  • Options

Hello
    Type into the cheat box
    testingcheats true
    Then shift click on the aliens that you don't want in your game, and click " add to household"
    Then go to manage households, click on your sims household and move the aliens into their own new household. Then delete the new alien household.

If you do it this way will it effect any of the achievement progress? If I recall there are some achievements that you cant get if you use cheats, but I dont really remember. Or is this another Sim urban legend lol.
  • Options

Hello
    Type into the cheat box
    testingcheats true

I'm definitely going to try this, thanks so much Rose!
  • Options

Hello
    Type into the cheat box
    testingcheats true

If you do it this way will it effect any of the achievement progress? If I recall there are some achievements that you cant get if you use cheats, but I dont really remember. Or is this another Sim urban legend lol.

Hello.
    Using this cheat to add a sim to your household shouldn't affect achievements progress. You can either do it this way or go directly to manage households and find the sim there. By using the " add to household " option, you can add/delete a few different sims at the same time, and also it can help if you are having issues trying to find the sim that you want to delete when searching for them in manage households.
    Either way is good :) Try doing whichever way you prefer to do it.
  • Options
    Or you can find them unde unplayed families and delete them from there. Into the bin, lol.
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Hello.
    I hope that the mod helps in your game :)

I looked it over, but I'm just not techie enough to understand it :-/ (I do appreciate you linking it tho!) I just wish there was a way to prevent them in my game. I'm just not into aliens at all (sigh).

I was really intimidated too, I downloaded it, read the troubleshooting guide, got overwhelmed and deleted it, but I was so desperate for an alien abduction (opposite of you) that I tried again and it's actually way more simple than you would think. Download the mod, unzip it into your mods folder and then load the game. Go into a lot, click on a computer and select the MC Commander menu, go into 'occult' and from there it's pretty self explanatory.