Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Man this is why I love sims 3.

Not saying Sims 4 might not one day get to this with expansion packs but for now it won't do it for me.

There is still SO much stuff I haven't done yet in sims 3. Today for the first time I did protesting at city hall. I saw there is an option for protesting about rings and the comment next to it is "What are rings, if not handcuffs for your fingers?" Somebody had a bad breakup! :D:D:D

Anyways that was a bit advanced for her so I had her do a hunger strike for radiation. It was funny how everyone got hungry. Makes sense, just didn't know it would happen.

Anyways, thought I would share.
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited July 2016
    I know! There is so much content and so much stuff I haven't tried yet...yesterday I tried the magician profession for the first time! It was so much fun :)

Protesting is a very nice addition! All my university students do it at some point lol it's been a while since I had one of my sims start a protest...I may have to do something about that!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well you always learn something new about TS3.

Sometimes I actually think that the game creates new stuff itself, the game is somewhat alive ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love how I can create the stories my own way with my heavily Modded Sims 3 game and write about something other than the soap operas that you get without Mods if you have EA's bugfest on.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    how do you make sims join a protest?
    god! i need to install
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    god! i need to install

Come back, come back, come back we miss you and Golluma in Sims3!!
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited July 2016
    god! i need to install

You need the university EP. Get a sim to the 3rd tier of the rebel social group and your reward will be a megaphone (or you can just buy one). When you click the megaphone it'll have an option to plan a protest.
    Oh to join, the sims in your town will randomly initiate a protest at city hall. When you see this just click the town hall to join. Not sure if you get any reward for those though
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    god! i need to install

Come back, come back, come back we miss you and Golluma in Sims3!!

Aww *runs back to you guys*

I am itching to play Sims 3 but I am too lazy to install it and my store content on my new PC.
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Did you guys know that building sandcastles was a hidden skill? I just saw this for the first time today while looking for something else. There's a whole sequence of skill levels and types of structures they can build as they advance through it. I always thought sand was just a place to park sims who want to have some fun for a few minutes or hours, not that there was a whole sequence of stuff behind it.

(maybe I was the last one to notice this, as I was with the different types of snowmen they can build a while back...)

I think that I might have read this before.

But you know what they say, 'you learn something new about TS3 everyday!' :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Did you guys know that building sandcastles was a hidden skill? I just saw this for the first time today while looking for something else. There's a whole sequence of skill levels and types of structures they can build as they advance through it. I always thought sand was just a place to park sims who want to have some fun for a few minutes or hours, not that there was a whole sequence of stuff behind it.

(maybe I was the last one to notice this, as I was with the different types of snowmen they can build a while back...)

But you know what they say, 'you learn something new about TS3 everyday!' :smiley:

I just realised, I already said that in this thread... :blush:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

No problem, because we are literally learning new things about TS3 over and over.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

When I send kids to the sandbox, I usually stay with them and direct their actions, so I learned that fairly quickly. But there are a lot of other things I'm sure I know nothing about. In fact, as long as I've been doing WA adventures, only a few days ago I found yet another hidden room I never saw before. And that was only because my sim wished to find a hidden door. They only wish that when there's one nearby, so I had to hunt for it.

• Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

No problem, because we are literally learning new things about TS3 over and over.

And I just said it again in another thread... :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2016

I didn't know about building sandcastles skill but I did notice they like to do it.

This is a sand castle that surprised me. I hadn't see it before. My little mermaid child built it. I don't think she was very skilled at the time as I hadn't seen her building many sand castles - but she could have been busy when I wasn't looking.

Mary_Anne006.jpgupload pic

She had been playing in the sand elsewhere so she had some experience before she made it.
    Mary_Anne005.jpgwindows print screen
  • Options
    @Karritz I think I need to make a new meme...

17mhml.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I think the development team does this on purpose >:) ...They put these little things in the game that we don't realize that are even part of the game until YEARS later. This is why I will never give up The Sims 3. If I was to completely buy out the store, I am sure there are interactions on every object that enhance the game even more. That's the beauty of it...it just keeps you wanting more. :D
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Since I'm getting a bit bored with TS4 atm, I'll start a new TS3 game. I'm kind of excited :D
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Since I'm getting a bit bored with TS4 atm, I'll start a new TS3 game. I'm kind of excited :D

I am sure you will enjoy it.

I mean we have toddlers at least. ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Karritz That is new to me :o I never seen a sand octopus that is cute. <3 I like the rocks used for eyes.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 haha well I have to admit, I don't play toddlers much (I keep their lifespan as low as possible because the screaming makes me nervous :D), but I am loving it. Played for almost 5 hours without getting bored .. 5 hours, dear lord ;)
  • Options
    @SimTrippy I once played for 8 hours straight in Roaring Heights. The game didn't even crash once! :triumph:

In fact, it hardly even stuttered :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    I love TS3 cause there is SO much to do that I haven't done yet. I have all the SP's & EP's for TS3 and I haven't even really explored the future, or travelled to the World Aventure worlds...I've been playing since 2009. I just don't think there is enough time for me to do everything! :D I haven't even gotten through a 2nd generation yet, cause i keep creating new families. But I haven't done that in awhile so maybe this time around I might actually get to explore WA lol
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    @SimTrippy I have been looking for something like that for a while :smiley:

It is funny as the cupcake machine and the rocket where the only two 'new' things in the TS4 base other than the hyped emotions
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg