Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Here's my Purple Day post: Purple 2016

Remember! We'd love to hear Purple Day remembrances, stories, and thoughts from your circles all week! :)<3
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I made a small homage for Purple Day on my site, Memories

Also, Random Reading Roundabout has been having a Purple Day discussion, ranging from memories of Sims lost in our featured stories to first reactions to Sim death to when is it okay to keep a Sim alive for "story purposes" vs. allowing them to live "au naturel" to losing beloved Sims due to save corruption/computer failure/etc. to discussing in-game graveyard plots/dealing with ghosts and there are a lot of other discussion topics posted there too... if anyone wants to take a look and jump in anyone is welcome!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    I made a small homage for Purple Day on my site, Memories

Also, Random Reading Roundabout has been having a Purple Day discussion, ranging from memories of Sims lost in our featured stories to first reactions to Sim death to when is it okay to keep a Sim alive for "story purposes" vs. allowing them to live "au naturel" to losing beloved Sims due to save corruption/computer failure/etc. to discussing in-game graveyard plots/dealing with ghosts and there are a lot of other discussion topics posted there too... if anyone wants to take a look and jump in anyone is welcome!

Oh, sounds like a great conversation! Thanks for inviting us, and I'll aim at stopping by tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited December 2016

wrong place
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    One of our members @Eowyn was unfortunately banned. I'm not sure the reasons. I don't know what happened... so Willingly Writing has an open spot again. If you could remove her @CathyTea, and add an open spot for us, thanks! :(

Has anyone else noticed members getting banned? I seem to have noticed it frequently recently and I'm wondering why.

I am very sorry for your group, I know how much easy people can be banned from a forum. :'(
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @CathyTea we have a new member in the Willingly Writing Reading Circle - @Dancer-freak. Please add her to the list, and then our circle is officially full again. Yay! :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @CathyTea we have a new member in the Willingly Writing Reading Circle - @Dancer-freak. Please add her to the list, and then our circle is officially full again. Yay! :)

Great! I just got her/him added! Thanks for your patience--I had an enthusiastic week with a different project and forgot to attend to some of the book-keeping tasks here! :)

• Options
    @CathyTea no worries. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    hey everyone, this is such a long thread! :worried: recently I'm a lot into reading, specifically into sim stories. so maybe among all these people, there is you! a storyteller who is also into horror, fiction, mythology, satire, tragicomedy. I would like to read your creation. Just let me find you
  • Options
    xoxoat11 wrote: »
    hey everyone, this is such a long thread! :worried: recently I'm a lot into reading, specifically into sim stories. so maybe among all these people, there is you! a storyteller who is also into horror, fiction, mythology, satire, tragicomedy. I would like to read your creation. Just let me find you

Oh! I will steer you in the direction of @rednenemon 's Racket-Rotter Chronicles! and @InfraGreen 's Eight Cicadas ! And @AdamsEve1231 's Colt Family Traitacy!

• Options
    Thanks for the shoutout @CathyTea.

Also @JLBDreamer is sadly unable to stay in our Willingly Writing Reading Circle. Please remove her from our circle. We wish @JLBDreamer well.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    It's been such a long time since I've posted in this thread. I hope everyone is doing well. :)

It's been VERY quiet, dormant, in fact over at the Reader's Nook. We've had a couple people go on hiatus, which means we're open for 2 (3 at the most) new members if they'd like to join us. We do things at a very relaxed pace and are not type specific in our SimsLit. So, if anyone would like to join, let me know and/or post your interest in the Reader's Nook thread (link found on the first page),
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Also, if the Reader's Nook list on the front page can be updated, that would be great. @Hemera123 is on hiatus and may or may not return. Ones who have been long gone are @jenaben8806 @EmeraldRuby @noxxims and @SubtleSimming . So, the only ones left, really are myself, @Thymeless , and @TheoriesOfHappiness . In reality, as I said, it's been dormant so I'm hoping some new members will bring some life into it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the shoutout @CathyTea.

Also @JLBDreamer is sadly unable to stay in our Willingly Writing Reading Circle. Please remove her from our circle. We wish @JLBDreamer well.
    Also, if the Reader's Nook list on the front page can be updated, that would be great. @Hemera123 is on hiatus and may or may not return. Ones who have been long gone are @jenaben8806 @EmeraldRuby @noxxims and @SubtleSimming . So, the only ones left, really are myself, @Thymeless , and @TheoriesOfHappiness . In reality, as I said, it's been dormant so I'm hoping some new members will bring some life into it.

I've made these updates, @sweetnightingale and @AdamsEve1231 !

One idea is to combine a few circles, @sweetnightingale . You might see if there are other circles with only one or two other active members and then join them up!

• Options
    @CathyTea - That's a good idea. I see some of the circles are quite small, so combining might work. I'll keep the Reader's Nook open regardless to see if anyone stumbles in but am open to a merge if need be.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Hi everyone... I was directed here to see if I could find a circle to join. I was reading another circles thread and it sounded like something I would enjoy and they directed me here. I am fairly new to simlit but not Sims. I have been simming since the original but became an official addict with Sims 2.

So I have blogged one complete story that I started writing in a word document for my own benefit over 2 years ago. When I discovered that other simmers blogged their stories. I started reading theirs and then decided to try a blog. This was my first experience ever blogging. I transferred what I had already played and written to a blog and just recently finished that story.

I love to read and have been an avid reader of fiction my entire life. I love the fantasy world that I can go into. <3 My brain candy. I never ever thought of writing as something I would enjoy. I am hopelessly hooked even though I am sure I am not good at it. I love reading everyone's stories but have no experience writing anything other than emails and descriptions in expense reports!

I understand there are different types of writers...Those that have a story and an outline and then use the game to get screen shots for their story. Those that follow a challenge and tell the story of their sims lives during the challenge and some that just let the game decide and go with that. I am probably in the middle as I don't think I have much of an imagination...I start with a challenge and try to develop a backstory for the main character and go from there letting the challenge rules guide me. I am currently doing the Escape to Nowhere challenge and blogging it simply because it's a short challenge. I didn't think I was prepared for another 2 year long story!

Sorry for the long post! :blush: I just wanted you to know a little about me to see if I was a good fit for a particular group.

In short I am looking for a reading circle to join where we can read and give each other feedback. :smile:
  • Options
    Hi, @AudreyFld ! Welcome! Great timing swinging by here! We've just had several spots open up on a few reading circles!

I recommend that you check out the first page here. You'll see the Reading Circles listed, and you'll see which ones have openings. Then, I've linked to their threads, so I suggest taking a look at the threads that have openings to see which ones appeal to you. Look for things like what are the expectations for members (these are usually on the first page of the circle's thread), how active is the thread, do you like the stories there, and so on. Some threads are really active and expect the members to be active, too. Some are casual, and some are sporadic. Find one that fits your style and what you hope to gain! :)

• Options
    @CathyTea - okay. Thanks. Will do!
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Hi everyone... I was directed here to see if I could find a circle to join. I was reading another circles thread and it sounded like something I would enjoy and they directed me here. I am fairly new to simlit but not Sims. I have been simming since the original but became an official addict with Sims 2.

So I have blogged one complete story that I started writing in a word document for my own benefit over 2 years ago. When I discovered that other simmers blogged their stories. I started reading theirs and then decided to try a blog. This was my first experience ever blogging. I transferred what I had already played and written to a blog and just recently finished that story.

I love to read and have been an avid reader of fiction my entire life. I love the fantasy world that I can go into. <3 My brain candy. I never ever thought of writing as something I would enjoy. I am hopelessly hooked even though I am sure I am not good at it. I love reading everyone's stories but have no experience writing anything other than emails and descriptions in expense reports!

I understand there are different types of writers...Those that have a story and an outline and then use the game to get screen shots for their story. Those that follow a challenge and tell the story of their sims lives during the challenge and some that just let the game decide and go with that. I am probably in the middle as I don't think I have much of an imagination...I start with a challenge and try to develop a backstory for the main character and go from there letting the challenge rules guide me. I am currently doing the Escape to Nowhere challenge and blogging it simply because it's a short challenge. I didn't think I was prepared for another 2 year long story!

Sorry for the long post! :blush: I just wanted you to know a little about me to see if I was a good fit for a particular group.

In short I am looking for a reading circle to join where we can read and give each other feedback. :smile:

Welcome to the circles! :D I'm sure you're pretty good at it. :) I mean, you're probably better than I was when I first started writing for fun. :) And I'm sure you have quite the imagination, since coming up with a backstory can be pretty hard sometimes! <3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 - Thanks for the words of encouragement! :) I joined @sweetnightingale's Reader's Nook circle. They just lost a few members and I am looking forward to catching up on the remaining members stories and have them help me know how to improve mine. A little nervous though. There are such excellent and creative writers!

@CathyTea - can you please add me to their group? :)
  • Options
    AudreyFld wrote: »

@CathyTea - can you please add me to their group? :)

Got you listed with them! That's a great group, @AudreyFld ! You'll fit right in and have a great time! :)

• Options
    Hey @CathyTea... thanks for maintaining this thread and for coming up with such a great idea!
    @NocturnalDuet has joined our Willingly Writing Circle. :) Please add her to the front page.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey @CathyTea... thanks for maintaining this thread and for coming up with such a great idea!
    @NocturnalDuet has joined our Willingly Writing Circle. :) Please add her to the front page.

You're welcome! It's such a joy to see the way it's helped writers find readers and friends! :)

and... I've added Duet to your group!

• Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Would it be okay if I started up a reading circle focused on supernaturals?
  • Options
    Would it be okay if I started up a reading circle focused on supernaturals?

Absolutely!

What do you want to call it? (You can always change the name later) and how many members do you want to have in it?

Let me know once you create a thread for it, and I'll add the thread to your listing here on the first page (which I'll add to the first page once I get the answer to the questions above..)