The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the saddest movie you've watched?

I'm just curious. My personal saddest movie I've watched so far is Studio Ghibli's Grave of the Fireflies. I watched it twice. The first time I was sad but okay and the second time I was very sad and close to tears and I thought I was going to burst out crying. It's a very moving film.
What's your saddest movie?

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ooh gotta watch it.

Mine's probably Simon Birch.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Dancer In The Dark. I cried oceans. Never saw anything sadder.

Someone already has told me about Grave of the Fireflies, I need to whatch it.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    Unbroken. There are very few movies that make me cry, but that one sure did.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Boy in the Striped pajamas. It's such a devastating story. It made me bawl like a baby
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited April 2016
    My Girl

It's one of the top movies that will make me cry no matter how many times I watch it. They added it to Netflix recently.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    edited April 2016
    Ugh. That one is terribly sad. "This is the best movie I'll never watch again", my dad said about it.

My mind is a bit blank now, I know there's been quite a few movies that made me weep. Dancer in the dark is certainly one of the saddest ones. As for now I'm thinking of Le feu follet/The fire within. It didn't make me cry, but oh dear...
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    As a rule, I try very hard to NOT watch emotional type movies. I hate crying. But the movie that made me cry the most, that I have watched is The Notebook. I was told it was a sad movie but that I "HAD" to watch it. So I started crying about 30 minutes into and didn't stop until well after the movie was over.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    As a rule, I try very hard to NOT watch emotional type movies. I hate crying. But the movie that made me cry the most, that I have watched is The Notebook. I was told it was a sad movie but that I "HAD" to watch it. So I started crying about 30 minutes into and didn't stop until well after the movie was over.
    ohhh I love the Notebook. :'( So good!

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

omg no! :D I heard everyone say what a sad movie this is and how moving and amazing it is. So I thought it's good and wanted to see it.
    I just kept rolling my eyes at it cause it was so cheesy. I was so so so so angry with the film. I absolutely hated it. It wasn't sad for me or anything. It was just stupid. I didn't understand why people like the film. I couldn't even watch it til the end cause I was so annoyed with it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    Agreed with Boy in the Striped Pajamas. That one I will never watch again, ever. :'(:'(
  • Options
    Lightfield wrote: »
    Ugh. That one is terribly sad. "This is the best movie I'll never watch again", my dad said about it.

My mind is a bit blank now, I know there's been quite a few movies that made me weep. Dancer in the dark is certainly one of the saddest ones. As for now I'm thinking of Le feu follet/The fire within. It didn't make me cry, but oh dear...

"The best movie I'll never watch again" HAHAHA There was never a better definition for this film!!

Is extremely painful, yet very good. It will take me at least some years until I'm willing to watch it again, but it's among my favs.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    "The best movie I'll never watch again" HAHAHA There was never a better definition for this film!!

Is extremely painful, yet very good. It will take me at least some years until I'm willing to watch it again, but it's among my favs.

Hahaha, yes, I had to agree with him (even though I'll probably watch it again, it's been a few years). It's indeed a great movie. I've watched the ending of it a few times when I feel... I feel... like making my emotions get the best of me or something! Hahah!
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options

Hahaha, yes, I had to agree with him (even though I'll probably watch it again, it's been a few years). It's indeed a great movie. I've watched the ending of it a few times when I feel... I feel... like making my emotions get the best of me or something! Hahah!

Omg, how can you do that? That ending is just... so hard to watch. Geez. It definitely gets to reach our emotions but I don't know if I'm bold enough to use it hahahaha You're strong, I'm your fan.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options

Omg, how can you do that? That ending is just... so hard to watch. Geez. It definitely gets to reach our emotions but I don't know if I'm bold enough to use it hahahaha You're strong, I'm your fan.

I... have no idea, haha! It's incredibly hard to watch but yet I find myself doing it. Ahahah! *makes voice deeper* Thank you, thank you.
  • Options

I... have no idea, haha! It's incredibly hard to watch but yet I find myself doing it. Ahahah! *makes voice deeper* Thank you, thank you.

The very last scene scares me to death.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options

The very last scene scares me to death.

A punch in the stomach for sure.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    My Girl

It's one of the top movies that will make me cry no matter how many times I watch it. They added it to Netflix recently.

Same.. very sad but very good movie.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    bngbedard wrote: »
    Agreed with Boy in the Striped Pajamas. That one I will never watch again, ever. :'(:'(

That was horrific. Will probably never forget the ending of that movie.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    jelly13beanzjelly13beanz Posts: 33 Member
    sims ♥
    jelly13beanz_zpsyy2g7nxg.gif
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,695 Member
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    Boy in the Striped pajamas. It's such a devastating story. It made me bawl like a baby

I was going to post this. It was heart wrenching.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    I cry so easily when I'm watching a movie, but I was also going to post The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• Options
    PrincessMeganaPrincessMegana Posts: 33 Member
    Ps. I love you, Marley and me and My Sisters Keeper get me every time man q.q

And this one is typical, but I find the Fault in Our Stars and The notebook pretty sad, too.

Oh yeah and who else finds Lion King sad? Like the bit when Mufasa gets killed in a stampede? Anyone? :'(
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,873 Member
    I always get sad at Beaches, but Old Yeller really gets me where it hurts. :(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

omg no! :D I heard everyone say what a sad movie this is and how moving and amazing it is. So I thought it's good and wanted to see it.
    I just kept rolling my eyes at it cause it was so cheesy. I was so so so so angry with the film. I absolutely hated it. It wasn't sad for me or anything. It was just stupid. I didn't understand why people like the film. I couldn't even watch it til the end cause I was so annoyed with it.

It is very cheesy (which I like :D ) I'm sorry you hated it. I absolutely love the movie and will even torture myself (by crying) just to watch it every now and then. It's probably my favorite movie. But I do stop it before the end, cause my poor little heart just can't take the truth. I still cry through most of it.

Seriously, I hate crying. I use to be so bad, I'd cry during commercials (those sad puppy and kitty commercials.. oh, my... everytime!). I'm not quite as bad now, but I still, as a rule, avoid movies and shows that are consider tear jerkers... except the notebook. I have to watch that one every now and again.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    juleseast3003juleseast3003 Posts: 318 Member
    Notebook is really sad. But the one that really got to me was Remember Me with Robert Pattinson. When I watched that film I didn't have any idea of the plot and it totally shocked me to the core at the end
    Thanking you in advance
    Julie :)