Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    EsperoEspero Posts: 5 New Member
    @JULES1111 I know this is off-topic but I can't believe you are able to have that signature on here without getting banned.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Conclue You are most welcome. :) If you ever need anything specific let us know! Hope you enjoy your game.

@Espero Lol. Ya I have had it for years, I am a bit surprised with all the changes made here I haven't been asked to take it down. Just as well it took me forever to make that thing in gimp! :D
  • Options
    MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    One of my sims got married to a woman, she became pregnant, them got mad at him for some reason, now they've broken up and she disappeared.
    She appears to still live in the house with him but when I acruelly play the household she's not there.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi @MangAnimeJe

I have never come across that before lol I would have thought it was a bug if it happened to me however there are more experienced players of 2 on this thread that will no doubt jump in with any similar experiences they may have :)
  • Options
    EsperoEspero Posts: 5 New Member
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > @Conclue You are most welcome. :) If you ever need anything specific let us know! Hope you enjoy your game.
    >
    > @Espero Lol. Ya I have had it for years, I am a bit surprised with all the changes made here I haven't been asked to take it down. Just as well it took me forever to make that thing in gimp! :D

It looks like something happened to it :(
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2017
    Quick question because it's been almost a decade since dealing with this stuff, lol - but I just downloaded some CC, but the icons are blue, the shape of the item in the icon, but computer blue. lol - however I clicked on the icon and the object shows up just fine. I don't get it, did that CC just not get icon thumbnails assigned to it? Or is it just no good?

(I'm hopping at Holly Simoly right now. I can't believe these sites are still open. so much of it is free now, I am like in awe of all the beautiful stuff I'm about to add to my game! :D )

This may be a long shot, but do you all know the Freetime Appliance set with the ugly red blue and green recolors? Do you all know of a website that has actual recolors for that set? I can't believe I can't find anyone who didn't recolor those in cream and black.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Conclue

I have experienced this before and I think its something to do with a missing mesh. I could be wrong but when I was searching for answers on this before those were the answers I found so what I did was run my CC folder through the sims 2 pack installer which we normally use to install lots in the game but you can also run your CC through it and if your CC shows up in different colors it means different things.. more info on the following link..

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=5

You can download the program on the link below use the latest version at the top of the page Version 1.6.22 don't worry too much about the Microsoft NET 2.0 until you try the program out and see if it works as I have never had to download another version of NET to use this program before.

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3

I still have several objects that show up as blue in my build/buy catalog but as they look fine when I place them in game I kept them-) Not sure if that is the right thing to do either but I still use them months later and have had no issues..

There are still lots of CC creators out there still making stuff for sims 2 Michelle for MTS has done the most recolors I have ever seen a creator do :)

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=0&u=2668015&f=385

Blue and Yellow Free Time Nursery Recolors

http://modthesims.info/d/300302
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    36693272465_ec361ddc0f_b.jpg
    So in the Irving house I was there for a while, Griff is closest to Clara but he gets along with Oscar well enough.
    35858421854_373fbfdff5_b.jpg
    She doesn't care about glowing eyes she'll play with whatever friendly dog shows up.
    35858422134_c365fc4a6d_b.jpg
    35858422814_caa5cda6a4_b.jpg
    35858422044_e769c7b0fe_b.jpg
    After playing with Clara for a while Griff decided to join her for a little nap.
    36693272675_f598cf17da_b.jpg
    When Oscar passed away, I killed him heh, Clara was ready to put on a brave face but she'd never thought about living without her husband.
    35858422714_0a4e6b8e27_b.jpg
    Grif reminds her that he's here even though Oscar is gone.
    36693272235_7b66b8db02_b.jpg
    She's happy...enough but still broke down while he was at school.
    35858422184_821a576eeb_b.jpg
    Attempting to pull herself together she adopts little Suzi to keep them company.

"Ah so cute, you match Oscar's old truck and my hair."
    35858422284_352297eb2f_b.jpg
    Griff was certainly happy to come home and find a puppy waiting for him.
    35858421864_d32f09f56f_b.jpg
    Just like that Griff's birthday was here, Clara was going to miss her baby.
    35858422364_5e1b07ae5d_b.jpg
    36693273655_951c828eac_b.jpg
    Now with the Morgans...I think, Sam was able to borrow the car if he took his sister with him.

"Why you have to come I have no idea."

"To cramp your style, deal with it."
    35858423124_0b5788cb18_b.jpg
    Sandra was out and about she seemed impressed he was handling her though he didn't do much as there was a kid to keep her busy.
    35858423544_9799f50c0b_b.jpg
    She really likes Orlando so maybe when they are older they'll get married hehe.
    35858423974_a50c1087b9_b.jpg
    With another stop he at least saw another teen to flirt with he tried so hard she seemed more amused than anything else but at least she didn't tease him.
    35858423684_f3a94f1e5a_b.jpg
    Katrina and Sam don't really care much what they are up to as long as they stay out of trouble, though when Sam left to spend almost all of what they had left to get a car alarm things were a little less calm.
    35858424304_9ac018c569_b.jpg
    "Are you out of your mind, did you think of what we were going to eat waiting for you to go to work?"

"Hey we have bread, they'll be fine and you could stand to lose a few pounds."

"You're such a jerk."

"Oh well."
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    edited August 2017
    I haven’t been on here in forever! Wow, things have changed. I’ll catch all of you up on whats going on in the Pleasant Legacy now.
    We left off with Ehani and Winston. They never saw much of Eva, and Eva didn’t care much for them because they handed her over to Krystal.

Eva married a man named Ben who is the CEO of a company I do not know the name of. She went on to become Mayor of Pleasant View.
    Ben and Eva had a daughter named Peyton, who, like Ehani, didn’t like the way her life had panned out.

Peyton was shielded from the world, as if Ben and Eva thought showing her the dark world they lived in would ruin her. Peyton went off to Academe De La Tour (is that how you spell it?) where she met a play boy named Trenton. She and Trenton had a rocky on-off relationship. He cheated on her multiple times before he finally decided to settle down.

The two got engaged while they were in their sophomore year of college. Trenton dropped out but Peyton continued her college career. For a while they owned Here or Else grocery in BlueWater Village before selling it so they could start a family. Peyton gave birth to their first child, whose name I have forgotten.

Sorry there are no pictures, I have very few for some reason and photo bucket keeps making me mad :/:/
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Options
    One of my sims got married to a woman, she became pregnant, them got mad at him for some reason, now they've broken up and she disappeared.
    She appears to still live in the house with him but when I acruelly play the household she's not there.

Ok this is odd. Sorry I have never had this happen. Can you select her and give her some kind of command? I don't think you can force a error on her if she isn't in the house. :/

Espero wrote: »
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > @Conclue You are most welcome. :) If you ever need anything specific let us know! Hope you enjoy your game.
    >
    > @Espero Lol. Ya I have had it for years, I am a bit surprised with all the changes made here I haven't been asked to take it down. Just as well it took me forever to make that thing in gimp! :D

LOL yup thanks for cursing me Espero! :D I figured they would get it sooner or later. I am actually surprised it stayed that long.

@Conclue Ya I have had that happen with a couple things. The thumbnail just gets messed up for some reason. The items have always worked fine whenever that has happened, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It is odd, freetime appliances have not been recolored much. Michelle on MTS has not even done them, and she has done everything! I did find these though..

http://modthesims.info/d/452647 <--- not recolors, defaults.

http://modthesims.info/d/311472 <--- in white only

@RedDestiny92 ..........not much drama today. :D Well if you discount the whole killing your sim thing...

@ImGluedToMyComputer Great update! To bad about the pictures, ya photobucket is a total rip off now smh..

• Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Ok this is odd. Sorry I have never had this happen. Can you select her and give her some kind of command? I don't think you can force a error on her if she isn't in the house. :/

> @JULES1111 said:
    >

LOL yup thanks for cursing me Espero! :D I figured they would get it sooner or later. I am actually surprised it stayed that long.

@Conclue Ya I have had that happen with a couple things. The thumbnail just gets messed up for some reason. The items have always worked fine whenever that has happened, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It is odd, freetime appliances have not been recolored much. Michelle on MTS has not even done them, and she has done everything! I did find these though..

@RedDestiny92 ..........not much drama today. :D Well if you discount the whole killing your sim thing...

@ImGluedToMyComputer Great update! To bad about the pictures, ya photobucket is a total rip off now smh..

What do you think I should use so I can get my pictures up?

• Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »

> @JULES1111 said:
    >

Nope. She appears to be in the famity only when I'm selecting the household in pleasantview, but as soon as it loads it's just him and the two dogs he has.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

Nope. She appears to be in the famity only when I'm selecting the household in pleasantview, but as soon as it loads it's just him and the two dogs he has.

Hi :)

Check the Sim Bin- she should be there.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Hi :)

Check the Sim Bin- she should be there.

Nope, she isn't. Just checked.. xD
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92

you killed Oscar oh no you made Clara unhappy :) Suzi is so cute and adorable.. it always makes me laugh when the lads feel their muscles at age up as if they suddenly schwarzenegger :)

I love that game cops and robbers I think it's called for the kids.. the look on that female teen while he is trying to flirt priceless lol

love this "Are you out of your mind, did you think of what we were going to eat waiting for you to go to work?" er nope and why should I :)

@ImGluedToMyComputer

sounds like you have a good storyline going there in Pleasantview :)

• Options
    @SPARKY1922
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Last time I played properly my mismatched couple, Denise Ultra, and Jasen Oryx, were having a very serious string of arguments. If they loose their "in love" status I'll have them divorce with a cheat, but for now I think they're just stressing their kids out. Denise really wants to go into Natural Science as a career, and soon, but also wants to have a third baby before she starts. Jasen doesn't want to get a job, really (pleasure sim, also lazy) which is OK since someone has to stay home and provide childcare, but he definitely doesn't want to have another kid, since he's already got two by Denise and two by Whitney Du Vall, who he dated immediately before Denise.

Denise's twin brother Mikael and his wife Brynne are living in the same house as Denise and Jasen's family, with their two kids. While Brynne was busy at med school, Mikael had a very brief affair with their neighbor Ashleigh Du Vall, which both parties are very ashamed of now, but the mess that is his sister's marriage has convinced Mikael that now is not the time to come clean with Brynne. He's going to wait until she isn't going out of her mind with the stresses of starting her career and barely seeing their kids, Merideth and Wellesley.

Jasen and Denise's daughter Phoebe just became a child, and their son Robin just became a toddler.

Over at the Du Vall house, Whitney Du Vall can't wait for her twins, Taylor and Austin, to become children and start going to school so she can jumpstart her politicking. (She wants to be mayor.) Her younger sister Ashleigh, currently a plantsim trying to balance preparation for a career in music with caring for the kids, gave birth recently to a daughter named Harmony, who she had with town teacher Gibson Mawar. Harmony has red hair and purple eyes, so I can already tell she's going to be a favorite. At the end of the season I'm moving houses, since the sims should be able to afford it, and Gibson is going to move in with Whitney and Ashleigh to help raise his daughter.

Happy couple Casilda and Toby Lane just welcomed their own first daughter, Valeria, and roommate Elanor Green is trying to balance her third business, because all she needs to do is bring it up to rank 5 to get into the business career track.

Tesla and Sura Kyo's son Sakichi is a toddler now. Both of Sakichi's parents are very career oriented, but once Tesla maximizes the architecture career (hopefully soon) I'm going to try to have him take a bit of time off to care for his son so Sura's career can actually progress. Also, I get a downtown then.

TLDR: I have nine kids, toddlers and infants with probably more on the way soon, a few people are getting up high enough in their careers to unlock stuff in the BACC, there's already been an affair, there might be a divorce soon, I have two plant sims, ten businesses to run, and I get to move in new sims according to the challenge rules soon.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @JULES1111 yeah pretty calm happens sometimes :smiley: mostly because I don't count killing off sims for the story he was old and they adopted too late for him to enjoy it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it heh.
    @SPARKY1922 not at all I'm innocent he was old and ready...heh as I say Suzi is very cute, Griff is just feeling a little empowered maybe he'll meet a girl that will knock him down a peg. Yep cops and robbers, it's pretty cute and she does need a friend to keep her busy, she tried to humor him at least a little. He's a real piece of work I'll say that much ha.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @ImGluedToMyComputer I use tiny pic to put my pictures up. Easy to use, you don't even need a account if you don't want them saved. http://tinypic.com/

@MangAnimeJe That is very odd, I have never had that happen before. Does she have a cell phone you can call her over? Or have you tried moving to another lot to see if she will join the rest of the household there?

@Scribal_Goddess Woo drama! :D You got a lot going on. Nice you will have some things unlocked in your challenge soon.

@RedDestiny92 LOL! Ya I guess you can't keep it dramatic all the time!

• Options
    @Scribal_Goddess

You have so much going on there it made me tired just reading it lol balance a third business :o I can barley run one lol there is a lot going on in your world and what does unlck stuff in BACC mean is it just objects you have had to go without and when you get to a certain level of achiemenet you get them back?

@RedDestiny92

whenever I want to play a certain story in 2 sometimes it can be a funny hassle because the sims defo have a mind of thier own due to the more complicated in depth attraction system so I don't always get what I want :) Old and ready to die lol I always try really hard for my kids to have as many friends as possible as well I think they always look cute playing together :)

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited August 2017
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess

You have so much going on there it made me tired just reading it lol balance a third business :o I can barley run one lol there is a lot going on in your world and what does unlck stuff in BACC mean is it just objects you have had to go without and when you get to a certain level of achiemenet you get them back?

BACC's usually have you unlock services and items. Some will have you unlock the ability to go to community lots by buying community lots, the ability to use electronics other than lighting and kitchen appliances by having a sim max the mechanical skill, and various jobs are unlocked by events in the neighborhood, depending on the ruleset you play with. (For example, no one can join the law enforcement career until there have been a certain number of burglaries, and until you have both a police officer and electronics, there aren't burglar alarms.)

The set of rules I'm using says that you can let townies come to your businesses after you have 10 of them, because they weren't going to bother to come all the way to the middle of nowhere to shop with so few options available.

@JULES1111 Tinypic! I knew I had an account on something other than imgur that would hold sims photos! (I'm having trouble linking imgur photos to dreamwidth...)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess

Thanks for the explanation I suppose it makes sense under those circumstances and imgur and tiny pic is playing up for me this morning >:)
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    edited August 2017
    It's been a while since I played, I am going to make a new family, and I will post updates here when I can. In my TS3 I have a Native American family I wanted it realistic so they are dressed like the Indians etc. In TS4 I have a mom, a dad, with their two twin kids and a toddler.

Update: I made a mom and dad, they're married - she's in the Education Career track, and he is in the Police Career track, they both just had twins! a boy and a girl! I think it's safe to say this family may be done with kids? but we shall see!
    Post edited by ChristianSimFan on
  • Options
    @ChristianSimFan

It sounds like you have a few interesting games going on in different series like me lol The only one I have not given equal time to yet is series 1. hope to see more stories and pics if you have any when you are able :)
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    @SPARKY1922 I haven't played much of sims 1 like I used to, I need to load it up for nostalgia sake.

Absolutely I will post pics when I can, just be forewarned I don't have cc or mods so my sims are pretty vanilla. :3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top