Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    It's gonna be super duper longer than I thought about it!
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I want parents and older siblings to be able to play airplane with toddlers :relaxed:

85008492-father-playing-airplane-ride-outside-with-son-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=PMITV3yN%2FMRwWpsqOA8%2FRaDRR0sVB4mzkqCQF53xAMVU003GYBV3Nn00YiaukZzQ

And piggybacks, and strollers, and I agree with whoever suggested baby gates (let parents and older siblings walk past them though) because I want toddlers to be able to go anywhere after they learn how to walk!
  • Options
    LetiyaLetiya Posts: 10 New Member
    I would love to see toddlers make a return as I have missed them! I also miss the daycare profession so would love to see that return as well :)
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    i know it must have been mentioned before but im lowkey refreshing the point, if toddlers are in a pack, theyre useless. toddlers should be basic in a free patch and expanded on in an all toddlers stuff pack maybe, but if toddlers are pack content they cant be expanded upon by future packs, which would ruin them.
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    Maddyo3209Maddyo3209 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think that Toddlers should be able to go to Morning Preschool/Daycare where while there they can learn to read and write and make little toddler friends. Also I think that toddlers should have their own special beds with railings on the sides. I just think that toddlers and babies should have completely different objects that they can use rather than having the same crib as a baby or just having the same toys as children and nothing else. Because in TS3 they were kind of just there as an inbetween from being a child and baby. They really only had 2 toys specially for toddlers. I want to see the toddlers have a role in the game, like children how they have aspirations now, I want toddlers to have a role in the game and not just be an extra sim that most people will age up instantly
  • Options
    BigUglyHagBigUglyHag Posts: 195 Member
    I just want toddlers......NOT STUCK TO THEIR BEDS LIKE THE BABIES!!! (What is the deal with that???) And Oh! Toddlers and infants NEED BABYSITTERS when the parents are away! :S
    haggysiggywip.png
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited March 2016
    They should be an updated version of the Sims 2 toddlers.
  • Options
    123w4123w4 Posts: 42 Member
    I would like that we get toddlers back in an fun way ! that tehr could run out of ther crip like in sims 2 oh and that we get this bath thing from sims 2 and the sims 3 store too change them or bath tham! i realy would like this. ! Personly i would also love to have all the Toddler stuff from sims 3 store back! I loved thes gameplay elements in sims 3! Tand her comes also a bit for ther kid and teenager( and mayby pree teen) brother and sisters: ther could , when we have an dating pack, watch ove rthe kids by an interaction from the parants that lets say our sim kids have plans ( dthis ofcours asks for an interaction wear our sims can ask ther friend if tehr want tiodo something on an specific date) BUT The parants asks them to wathc ove rther litle brotehr and ore sister ther could cancel this or just sneek out leaving the toddler with the babysiter and if ther do not get home befor the parants ther get punished with the punishments from sims 3 generations ( realy loved thes hope ther come back)! sry in the end it tended mor to children to teenagers but back to topic I would also love an way to go out with our todlers like in sims 3 generations! realy loved this! And that, should our sim kids and teenagers and other agegroup with the childlike trait, jumb on ther bed, when toddlers can walk i wish ther could also do this! Would be amazing!!!!!! Realy love sims 4 ! its an great game and with everything realeased so.... just wished ther would be so much more randome stuff happen foor npc! hopefully on day you bring back storyprogression ( becaus than toddlers would be like babys! You EATHER downlowed them from the Galary but tehr would never been sene so thae only todlers you would every see would be at your home or tehjr would just your own sims ever geting Toddlers! Realy would hate this! Hope also storyprogression would come back ( in the minde that the worled evolves and ther not only age and go to work but also with an functaning atracion systhem, would giv us this
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    I think a good thing to do (If the next expansion is a generations pack) would be to patch toddlers in beforehand with basegame-level content, and then expand on them and the other baby-teen life stages in the pack. :)

I'm really hopeful that this thread being stickied isn't some kind of cruel joke or anything. And I'm also kind of banking on their silence meaning toddlers are thought of as 'future content', because why not give the fans an answer otherwise?
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    I don't know if any of this has already been said, as I don't have the time or energy to read through 24 pages, so forgive if I repeat anything.

-I'd love to see high chairs or booster seats being added directly to a table so when families sit down to eat together, the toddler is right there with them. Sims next to the toddler could help feed them sometimes, the toddler could play with their food and maybe throw a bit at the person next to them.
    ^This would tie in nicely to restaurants. There could be that family that brings their kid along who screams and cries the whole time, making everyone tense or angry.

-I'd like to see toddlers climb. They could have a little climbing skill or something, maybe just a physical skill in general. It could just be a 5 point one, like photography or dancing. That way, raising their skill will allow them to climb onto chairs and couches by themselves. At first, toddlers always need help from parents, but during the last bits of the toddler stage, they should be able to move around and climb places all by themselves. Safe places of course. Don't want them going down stairs alone. Yikes.

And I'd like to reiterate what I know has been said a lot before. Toddlers should be in a free patch. At the very least, the basics. Expanding on them in a generations style pack is ok, but toddlers should definitely be open for everyone. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The thing I love most about this thread is how happy everyone is! <3

I'm loving all the ideas and have enjoyed looking through everyone's pics and gifs! There's some great animations in here. I really hope we get toddlers doing the 'grabby grabby hands' animation when they see something that excites them.

The most important thing for me with toddlers, is to have the ability to take them with their family when we go out and about. I love to get my sims out of the house, whether it's just to hang out in the public spaces, or visit community lots. So I would love to have portable objects I can use for my toddlers in the parents/and or siblings inventory.

Stroller
    • I would like the parents to have a whim: Buy a stroller.
    • This stroller can be placed in a sims inventory.
    • When a family visits a community lot, the toddler appears with their family in a stroller.
    • All other age groups should be able to push the stroller: child, teen, young adult, adult, elder.
    • Toddlers should be able to do the following in their stroller:
    - Eat
    - Sleep
    - Play
    If the toddler has already learned to walk, they should be able to get out of the stroller by themselves. If they haven't, there should be an animation showing a teen/adult/elder getting the toddler out of the stroller.

Special Foods
    I'd like to make my own foods for toddlers with the following benefits:
    • Suddenly Sleepy - so the toddlers will fall asleep no matter their energy bar shows.
    • Fun and Focused - so that skill building is extra EXTRA quick
    • Diaper Be Dry - so that their bladder doesn't fail
    • Amazing All - food made with any alien plant that miraculously fills ALL needs
    Regular Baby food should contribute to the Cooking Skill, but these Special Foods should contribute to the Gourmet Cooking Skill, 'cause they're special!

I'd like these things in my game, because I'd like to spend the day OUT of the house, but not have to worry too much about fulfilling the toddlers needs, but focus instead of having fun with the family.

I know - this is like the best thread that has came out of Sims 4 other than Sparkfairies thread where she established a place for us to go and just talk our game play including toddlers or without if that was our choice. LOL. But this one is sort of like when you get outside the gate of Disney World and just look inside at all the happiness waiting for us. You want so much to go inside - but it's not open yet. LOL.

It is great to see everyones great ideas - I don't think I have seen any toddler stuff or ideas I don't like in this thread. It's my new Disney World - and I sure hope they (Maxis) opens the gates soon. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I would love too see that toddler, who have learned to walk, can use stairs. It was little sad to see in The Sims 2, that after toddler learns to walk, they can then only take toys from toybox and escape from crib.
  • Options
    RachelMeganMeyerRachelMeganMeyer Posts: 8 New Member
    Wow everyone has such great ideas! I've always thought in previous games that it might be cool if toddlers could learn how to use the stairs just like they learn to walk. It's something toddlers in real life have to learn and I think it would make it so much easier if parents didn't have to carry little ones up and down stairs all the time. I also think that instead of sitting down and directly teaching a toddler to talk, they could also learn the skill through interactions with their family members and having their parents read to them or their older siblings playing with them, because that seems to be the way most toddlers irl learn words and sentence structure. I just think it would be so cute. I'd love to see toddlers go through "the terrible two" stage, where they explore and get into everything like real toddlers do.
    I also think that because children have different aspirations and skill sets than teens-elders, toddlers could have their own too. Aspirations at that age could be like trouble maker or prodigy or something and they could complete these little aspirations and begin to develop a personality from a young age! Multitasking could really add so much to the family dynamic with a toddler in the house, especially if parents had to pay more attention to toddlers and interact with them more to help them develop.
    Just my two cents. I really, really miss family play. For simmers who don't like the idea of toddlers, I think they should be able to age them up at anytime with cheats or a cake. :smile: ps. how could you not like toddlers though?!?!
  • Options
    Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    If you add toddlers. Add some more interactions for older 'siblings' to do with them.

Like a child sim showing a toddler sim a toy or 'sharing'.

Or some other interactions like 'Peek-a-boo'. Or Rolling a ball back and fourth, it could have up to 4 sims at once. Maybe one of the toddlers can throw the ball at older sims or something occasionally

And toddlers that know how to talk could socialize among each other to build early relationships. Also Toddlers could get a 'pull hair' interaction to older sims that hold them.
  • Options
    DoULikeChickensDoULikeChickens Posts: 9 New Member
    Toddlers are something I know well! My son is 4 now so he's still in that stage. First things that should be noted:
    A toddler's hygeine need should decay much faster than any other age group.
    So should their fun need.

I would love an option for parents/siblings to sit down and colour with the toddler, it would be so cute! Finished images could be hung on the fridge (slots could be added to fridges specifically for toddler art?)

Another possibility would be the option for things like going on walks together with the toddler holding the older sim's hand or riding on their shoulders.

Toddlers are messy. Like super messy. They will mess with anything and everything but ESPECIALLY electronics or anything you DON'T want them to touch. So I'd say have a possibility for toddlers to grab and start playing with the tablet, clay, books, or other objects sims leave lying around. For the tablet a small possibility of it breaking and needing repair or replacement would be awesome. For books a toddler might rip them up if they're in a foul mood! Drawing on the walls is another good one.

When a toddler misbehaves or does a certain action parents could have options similar to pet owners in 2/3 where they can praise or scold the toddler which will in turn either encourage or discourage that action in the future. Perhaps it could even tie into traits as the toddler ages.

Potty training should definitely be tweaked in difficulty to the toddler's personality.

I love the teaching to speak and walk and stuff in earlier games, that should all come back cuz it was super cute.

bathing should be there. Maybe a special toddler tub or just in the regular tub.

To incorporate other expansions you could add a daycare or preschool teacher profession for GTW, A sort of mommy and me type of club for GT, Halloween toddler duds for SPooky stuff pack, Flowery toddler clothes for romantic garden stuff, special soothing teething rings for spa day, Toddler camping activities and games for Outdoor Retreat or maybe even those baby toy fishing poles so that a parent could fish and the toddler would pretend to do so next to them?
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Toddlers should have training pants underware and be able to imatate children by peeing on the bush and also play in the fountain of butt from the romantic garden stuff pack.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    synth wrote: »
    i know it must have been mentioned before but im lowkey refreshing the point, if toddlers are in a pack, theyre useless. toddlers should be basic in a free patch and expanded on in an all toddlers stuff pack maybe, but if toddlers are pack content they cant be expanded upon by future packs, which would ruin them.

Well they will have to offer patching the actual life stage itsself in - sort of like they did with giving us basements when GTW came with basements other wise it would have created some issues with future packs or for us to build them in our sims homes outside of the world they came in, never mind the nightmare it might have caused on the gallery with builds if someone didn't have the ep.. Like in order for maybe a Supernatural ep to have toddler offspring - on the home lots then the toddlers and their animations with all other sims and things in the game need to be patched into the base game - other wise we end up with how it worked for having YA's in Sims 2 - among other things. But they can make a toddler ep but patch in the toddler - all the animations and a few basic things to do with the patched in animations, and basic furniture and skill toys. That way they will work across the board with all eps. Unless they have a way of doing it different now than ever done previously anyway. I just feel it will be the same seeing some of the things they gave everyone in the patches that were also features in the ep - so I am going to assume it works as it's always worked.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    123w4123w4 Posts: 42 Member
    > @Mstybl95 said:
    > Clothing, shoes, hair, hats, and headbands.
    >
    > --Toddler fashion in the past has been very bad. This is the only age group where CC was mandatory in my game. Please, include some normal looking clothes this time around.
    >
    > Clothes
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Shoes
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hair
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Headbands
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hats

I like this idea but let me get her an litle own twist to it! In order for our sims 4 toddlers to be able to do this, ther first ned to learn how to walk! And talk than we could do tis!TZhe moment tehr can do this toddlers would have ben the abilaty to do all the stuff you her sayed want them to be able to! The other stuff would still be usefull for them BUT not necescary anymore! ther would still ned to get underwear fo poops ( donte knew the english name sry) until ther learnd ro go to the baby toilent or what ever its called! than ther would be like children and could also go the the kindergarden when tehr atleast can go to the toilet! when you just never finde the time to teach them howto do some stuff than just send them to kindergarden and ther would get teached ther. This ofcours gets also affectet by ther emotions and ther trait!( i would expect taht we get two extra slots for traits giving us back our 5 trait systhem, and hopefully in an patch an packkage of like 20-30 new traits becaus of it!) So if annyone can read this can ther just write down my idead her again like this :

-Toddlers can learn all the stuff ther ned in kindergarden when the parants cant teach tem becaus of worke our time BUT can only be accebtet to be in kindergarden when tehr can go to the toilet

Like this! Thanks
  • Options
    pedroyparrapedroyparra Posts: 24 Member
    Many great ideas! Idk if someone has already meontined this, but it would be pretty cool if 2 career options were added.

The nanny career (even if it was a smaller one like a part time job for teens) where every day your sim would be sent to a random house with babies or toddlers to take care of, and there would be several objectives like in GTW. Idk how this could happen since it would need some kind of story progression so we could have babies around town to take care of. Maybe the sims team could create several houses occupied by families with babies and toddlers in hidden lots like the hospital and the lab from GTW.

We should also have a career or a type of bussiness where we would be able to run a kindergarten, where you would first have to provide simple day care, like a nanny but at your own house, and as you progress and your kindergarten gets more sophisticated, you start receiving more toddlers and need to start providing some kind of education. There should be skills exclusive for toddlers, and you would need to teach them those skills, otherwise your bussiness would lose prestige and less toddlers would be sent to your house, making you lose money. Or if it is a career, if you dont complete your objectives, you would lose your job.

If you have a toddler in your family, you should be able to send them to a kindergarten of your choice. There should be some pre made ones, one a little bit more expensive where the education provided is better, where your son or daughter could learn some skills, and a cheaper one where you leave them just so someone can take care of their needs while you're busy.

It would be really fun if we could take the toddler or the baby in a stroller around the neighboorhood. This could be similar to when we send our sims out for a run. We buy a stroller, and when we click it, there would be an option to go out for a walk or something like this. Then the person and the toddler start walking around the neighboorhood, increasing their relationship and leaving a positive moodlet for both of them. It would be really great to have a stroller option for twins and even triplets!

Also, when pets is released, there should be some interactions between pets and toddlers, like hugging.

And I agree that toddlers should have their own traits like pets had on previously sims games.
  • Options
    RisastormRisastorm Posts: 1 New Member
    toddlers with an inventory,
    it would be cool if toddlers could have their own little inventory that they could use to collect misc objects from around the house and use later, like markers, cookies/snacks, toys, so on,

-they could draw on the floors and walls with the marker. parents would have to wash it off.

-have a snack in the middle of the day and get a sugar rush! they could get the snack from a lower cabinet or the fridge.. i was a sneaky 4 year old, at midnight i would sneak out of my room and get into the cookie jar.

-maybe they could have a toy phone that could call their favorite stuffed animal? or an imaginary friend?
    also today i see a lot of parents handing their real phones over to their toddlers to play games on, and sometimes the kid ends up throwing it if they get frustrated.

-toy keys, to get out of the crib or playpen with.

just a few ideas~
  • Options
    xXChiCk3n-RuNXxxXChiCk3n-RuNXx Posts: 1 New Member
    I feel like when toddlers make a full release there should be like a toddlers stuff pack in the long run. i love the idea of a baby pool ... Maybe even a daycare would be nice if put into like a generations kinda expansion pack. I also love the ideas of how emotions actually take part in the toddlers reactions like someone said when leaving the park .... Toddlers can chuck a tantrum and stuff like that... This is really exciting.. I hope this happens eventually this year!!! :)
  • Options
    chattybabysimchattybabysim Posts: 67 Member
    Would love to see toddlers added, love to see them come with arm floaties so they could join the family for a day in the pool, also would love for them to have a babywalker, I love the strollers we got in sims 3, I could go on and on.... Generarations was my Fav. Sims 3 ex. pack. I had a sim running a day care, it was a real challenge, :). so you know I'm 52 and have played the sims since they came out. at first I didn't think I would miss not having toddlers in my game, but the more I play, the more I really miss them....
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    I just wanted to throw some more cute pictures in here. I'd really like it if there was a good range of colorful toddler clothes and stylish, mini-grownup type outfits.
    toddler-girls-safari-dress.jpg
    Baby-5PCS-Christmas-font-b-Toddler-b-font-Ruffle-Family-Girl-Children-Set-Cotton-Striped-font.jpg
    2PCS-Baby-font-b-Girl-b-font-font-b-Toddler-b-font-font-b-Clothes-b.jpg
    1.200x200.jpg
    children-s-cardigan-girl-fashion-sweet-and.jpg
    2015-Hot-Selling-font-b-Summer-b-font-Clothing-Set-Suits-Kid-Children-font-b-Toddler.jpg
    il_570xN.576183242_8fzi.jpg
    362c3d16c0fc5c65cbc4e414e4169e50.jpg

Also, how cute would little toddler kigurumis be?
    dwsyby005h__39946.1449466704.1230.1230.jpg?c=2
    baby-pajamas-kigurumi-costume-party-animal-cosplay-pink-rabbit-600x900.jpg
    large.jpg
    baby-pajamas-animal-oneise-kigurumi-black-penguin-baby-onesie-4-600x900.jpg
    RAX004.1__76933.1431618458.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    CVruO9cU4AAatl3.jpg
    Very.
  • Options
    Cutie39Cutie39 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love all sims i love sims 4 but we need some new interactions and with having toddlers back would bring more interactions. Toddlers seem more real to have on the story line then having a child just jump out a bassinet which is kind of scare. With having the toddler option helps the older Sims really no how to react to babys crying and play with them. We just need toddlers it brings so much life to the game. I also would like to see more things to do with the toddler like bring them to the dr for shots would be cool is fun. And since we have the action to go to the hospital we should beable to just go there and travel just like sims 3.