Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    kitten885 wrote: »
    I have had a glitch for over a year now that gets progressively worse and is starting to make the game unplayable. The game takes several minutes to pause/play/slow down/speed up and I cannot switch sims or make selected sims do anything in that period. It's getting to the point where sims are losing jobs because they are idle for so long. I know it isn't custom content as I have tried removing all of it multiple times to no avail and it began before I started using it. Furthermore I have tried to use repair game on multiple occasions. If you need to use technical terms in your answer, I probably don't know what they mean.

Sounds like your computer does not meet requirements to play the game. The game will get more and more demanding on a computer as you add more and more to the game

please follow rosemow's instructions on posting computer specs so we can see what is going on. Thank you

Could you please post your DxDiag info here. .
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • Options
    kitten885kitten885 Posts: 5 New Member
    here you go
    https://pastebin.com/YND7pvK4
    thanks
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    kitten885 wrote: »

Update your video card http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

You have a few things going on. This computer is older and below recommended requirements. In the end when this game is complete you may need to invest in a new computer

For now you can try these things to possibly get it to play better.

Play the 32 bit version of the game, you don't have enough ram to run the 64 bit version

How do I run the 32-bit version of The Sims 4?
    If you are on a 64-bit version of Windows and would like to run the 32-bit version of The Sims 4, do the following:

Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Your video card can not handle gaming in 1080p resolution. You can try one or a combination of these things to possibly get the game to play better. You will have to play with your game settings to see what works for you. Lower your in game resolution in the launcher, play in windowed mode, check off laptop mode ( even if your not on a laptop) , lower your settings. All of these will help take stress off your computer

How to play in windowed mode https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode/
  • Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    Is there a way to "clean" up a save? Ive tried moving my favorite families from my main save to a new save but i couldnt fix the family tree because the game was refusing to accept it and changed the relationships again and i really dont want to play it when the family tree isnt intact, since i dont always have control over who my sims flirt with it would just make me uncomfortable. but the main save theyre from makes my laptop shut down when i play it for longer than 30 min, like the keyboard stops working and my laptop cant shut anything down. im just wondering if theres anything i can do to clean the save so its a bit easier for my laptop to run. im attached to this save so id rather just not play the game if it wont even let me move them to a new save successfully
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    esfire wrote: »
    Is there a way to "clean" up a save? Ive tried moving my favorite families from my main save to a new save but i couldnt fix the family tree because the game was refusing to accept it and changed the relationships again and i really dont want to play it when the family tree isnt intact, since i dont always have control over who my sims flirt with it would just make me uncomfortable. but the main save theyre from makes my laptop shut down when i play it for longer than 30 min, like the keyboard stops working and my laptop cant shut anything down. im just wondering if theres anything i can do to clean the save so its a bit easier for my laptop to run. im attached to this save so id rather just not play the game if it wont even let me move them to a new save successfully

Hello @esfire
    There isn't a way to clean a save. When you have played a save for a while, and there are a lot of relationships, sometimes this can cause issues. It also depends on your computer system .

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to games library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try lowering the graphics settings and see if that helps.

With the family tree in a new save, you could try using a mod such as MC Command Center to fix the family tree. The mod is can be downloaded at
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

If you continue to have issues with your laptop and keyboard when playing a new save game , it would be best for you to post your DxDiag info here.
    Click OK
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com

• Options
    Thank you, i did try to fix the family tree with mccc in the new save but it didnt work, it worked for some but for some families it didnt work because the family tree is kinda complicated. i havent had the issue in new saves thankfully
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Thank you, i did try to fix the family tree with mccc in the new save but it didnt work, it worked for some but for some families it didnt work because the family tree is kinda complicated. i havent had the issue in new saves thankfully

It is good that the issue hasn't occurred in new saves.
    I am sorry that you are continuing though to have family tree issues.
  • Options
    the problem seems to start once i bring people into cas or move them to a new household and the game started adding random relationships to my sims, like i have a couple and the game assigned them both the same mom but the game listed them as cousins so now theyre siblingcousins and married its so weird and really uncomfortable because theyre not related at all originally, the wife is a sim i made and added to the game later so she was made in CAS alone
  • Options
    the problem seems to start once i bring people into cas or move them to a new household and the game started adding random relationships to my sims, like i have a couple and the game assigned them both the same mom but the game listed them as cousins so now theyre siblingcousins and married its so weird and really uncomfortable because theyre not related at all originally, the wife is a sim i made and added to the game later so she was made in CAS alone

I am sorry that you are having these issues .

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    20lightning0920lightning09 Posts: 21 Member
    My swim was sitting on his couch (long day conversational) enjoying some lovely eggs and toast when all of a sudden he appeared to be floating (with the water splash effect around him) on his floor, with his head just peaking up over the sofa. Did not last long but I am a little confused. Also, earlier in my game I found puddles in the most random places of the house? So wonder if this kind of thing has happened whilst I don't realise??
  • Options
    My swim was sitting on his couch (long day conversational) enjoying some lovely eggs and toast when all of a sudden he appeared to be floating (with the water splash effect around him) on his floor, with his head just peaking up over the sofa. Did not last long but I am a little confused. Also, earlier in my game I found puddles in the most random places of the house? So wonder if this kind of thing has happened whilst I don't realise??

Hello
    Does your sim have the active trait and is there a basketball hoop on the lot? If there is, try removing the basketball hoop and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I am having trouble with CC thumbnails having red Xs through them. sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. this issues was addressed on sims4studio, but the explanation didn't make sense to me, and I am unable to post there. can anyone help me?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    Reitanna wrote: »
    I am having trouble with CC thumbnails having red Xs through them. sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. this issues was addressed on sims4studio, but the explanation didn't make sense to me, and I am unable to post there. can anyone help me?

Hello
    Try clearing the caches files and see if that helps with the issue
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

If the issue remains, it may be best to remove the cc with the issues, go back to the cc site where you downloaded the cc from , and try redownloading the cc files again.
    If the issue remains, it would be best to be in contact with the cc creator.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    @rosemow the weird thing is... my cache folder has ALWAYS been empty. is that normal?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    Reitanna wrote: »
    @rosemow the weird thing is... my cache folder has ALWAYS been empty. is that normal?

Hello
    The cache files in the link can be removed, and then when you next play the game, the cache files will be generated again by the game when needed. The game only generates files when needed at certain times of the game. Some files are only generated during play and disappear on exiting the game.
  • Options
    Simscrazy101Simscrazy101 Posts: 20 New Member
    My CC loads in CAS, but some of it doesn't. it shows the icon for the image, but the clothing item just makes my sim blank. how do I fix this ?
  • Options
    also: how many points do I need to create my own post? getting with only being able to comment.
  • Options
    My CC loads in CAS, but some of it doesn't. it shows the icon for the image, but the clothing item just makes my sim blank. how do I fix this ?

Hello @Simscrazy101
    You may need to install the mesh for the cc item as well.Try going back to the cc site where you downloaded the cc from, and see of you also need to download the original mesh.
  • Options
    also: how many points do I need to create my own post? getting with only being able to comment.

Hello @Simscrazy101
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Simscrazy101 wrote: »
    >
    > My CC loads in CAS, but some of it doesn't. it shows the icon for the image, but the clothing item just makes my sim blank. how do I fix this ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Simscrazy101
    > You may need to install the mesh for the cc item as well.Try going back to the cc site where you downloaded the cc from, and see of you also need to download the original mesh.

The only problem about that is I cant tell which CC is not working, since only the icon pops up in CAS, I don't remember where I downloaded it from or which file it is in my mods folder. Is there a way to figure out which CC is which in CAS?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    > @rosemow said:
    > Simscrazy101 wrote: »
    >
    > My CC loads in CAS, but some of it doesn't. it shows the icon for the image, but the clothing item just makes my sim blank. how do I fix this ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Simscrazy101
    > You may need to install the mesh for the cc item as well.Try going back to the cc site where you downloaded the cc from, and see of you also need to download the original mesh.

The only problem about that is I cant tell which CC is not working, since only the icon pops up in CAS, I don't remember where I downloaded it from or which file it is in my mods folder. Is there a way to figure out which CC is which in CAS?

Sims 4 Studio program helps you to manage your cc, and what cc files relate to which cc. You need to register with the site to download the program but it is free.
    http://www.sims4studio.com
    http://www.sims4studio.com/thread/1523/downloading-sims-4-studio
    If you have questions about using the program, you can post on the forums on that site, and simmers there will assist you .
  • Options
    leti_gvleti_gv Posts: 35 Member
    Hey! My TS4 game's got black stripes blinking in the screen. It doesn't affect nothing in the game functions, but it's really annoying and i'm having headaches.
    I already tried to uninstall and install again.

Does it happen with someone here?
  • Options
    leti_gv wrote: »
    Hey! My TS4 game's got black stripes blinking in the screen. It doesn't affect nothing in the game functions, but it's really annoying and i'm having headaches.
    I already tried to uninstall and install again.

Does it happen with someone here?

Hello @leti_gv
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
    Try changing the ingame screen resolution and see if that helps. Try altering the graphics settings in game options.

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    Click OK
  • Options
    I'm sorry i keep posting here, im just extremely frustrated because nothing i try works. I had to move my sims to a new save and i used mccc to fix the family tree but the first time i did it it didnt work and the game messed it up and made EVERYONE related, it even made spouses siblings and cousins for no reason, so i started a new save again and tried again and did it a bit differently but now i cant edit sims in CAS because if i do it messes up the family tree again and does the same thing, i dont know what to do im so sad and frustrated
  • Options
    leti_gvleti_gv Posts: 35 Member
    @rosemow i changed the graphic quality, and it worked! thanks :)