May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Loses Connection

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
Hello,
For 2 days now my sims 4 game has lost connection over and over, I called EA about the problem, and they told me I had a virus, I did a scan and my first one didn't find a virus, so i went file after file, and finally found the virus, I cleaned my computer and got rid of it, I then went back into the Sims 4 game, and what do ya know, I kept losing Connection yet again, I know its not my cache, cause that was proven, and I know its not my Internet, because All my other online games work just fine, So it is the Sims 4 game, so please Fix the problem EA, thank you.
Post edited by BlueBlack007 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,681 Member
    Helllo.
    Did you try clearing your web browser cache
    http://help.ea.com/article/clearing-your-browsers-cache
    And your temporary files cache.
    http://help.ea.com/article/clearing-your-temporary-files
    You may have already done that but I am just checking.

Try resetting your router and see if that help.

Flush the DNS Cache
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-flush-dns-cache-for-windows/

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Uninstall and reinstall origin and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Yup been there and did all that, they claimed it was a Virus, but it turns out it is not a virus that's doing the lost connections, so EA needs to fix the problem on their end, but thank you kindly for the advice, much appreciated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2015
    \Rosemow is a great person who tries to help everyone.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,563 Member
    edited October 2015
    I am uploading a screen shot proof of the sims4 gallry problem @SimGuruDrake @SimStaffBethelle Please relay this to the team so that this problem gets fix rapidly thank you

mlshgp.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Hello,
    For 2 days now my sims 4 game has lost connection over and over, I called EA about the problem, and they told me I had a virus, I did a scan and my first one didn't find a virus, so i went file after file, and finally found the virus, I cleaned my computer and got rid of it, I then went back into the Sims 4 game, and what do ya know, I kept losing Connection yet again, I know its not my cache, cause that was proven, and I know its not my Internet, because All my other online games work just fine, So it is the Sims 4 game, so please Fix the problem EA, thank you.
    sorry to hear you found a virus @BlueBlack007 and want to confirm you googled the virus and followed the advice to how to remove manually all of its files. if not the virus could still be hijacking your computer resources

• Options
    Xlaw10Xlaw10 Posts: 41 Member
    It's not a virus. A lot of us are having these connectivity issues. Mine haven't gone away and I've taken and tried all the advice that has been offered across these boards.
  • Options
    Xlaw10 wrote: »
    It's not a virus. A lot of us are having these connectivity issues. Mine haven't gone away and I've taken and tried all the advice that has been offered across these boards.

how frustrating @Xlaw10, and if helpful there can be more then one reason for why some dont have connection. so are you saying you are getting disconnected or cant connect at all?

if its only been a short period of time its possible its just origin's servers if you have not been able to stay connected or connect at all for prolonged period of time then this typically for many players here is related to something they can fix, like reinstalling origin or just as often checking your anti v and router connection.
  • Options
    my rooter is in perfect working order the problems comes with the last origin uptdate and the fact that they did maitnance on the gallery a day before spooky stuff came out
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. A simmer that was having similar issues another time found that it helped if they launched the game. Then with the game still open went back to the desktop and logged into the website version of the gallery, then went into the in-game gallery and it helped to keep them connected. I am not sure if this will help you, but perhaps you could try it?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    It was not my internet nor the Virus i had found, that was the reason i keep losing connection, I did everything on my end to make sure everything is fine, It is on Ea's end, so they are the ones who have to fix the problem, and I tried to do the log in both, to stay logged in, it didn't work, I still lost connection, thank you.
  • Options
    It was not my internet nor the Virus i had found, that was the reason i keep losing connection, I did everything on my end to make sure everything is fine, It is on Ea's end, so they are the ones who have to fix the problem, and I tried to do the log in both, to stay logged in, it didn't work, I still lost connection, thank you.

i understand you are frustrated rosemow and i can only offer suggestions and just as importantly support that has helped others. we like you are fellow simmers. if you have tried all that we have posted as suggestions you can also ask for more support from customer service. there are higher levels of supports. good luck
  • Options
    kass17kass17 Posts: 92 Member
    I called the the customer services, I tried many times a lot of things too, like uninstalled my game and origin, I made all I could to try to stay connected, but it changed nothing, and many people has this problem. They must do something, because it will make a lot of Customer very disapointed about EA. It's like this since the last update. I'm very bored about it.
  • Options
    kass17 wrote: »
    I called the the customer services, I tried many times a lot of things too, like uninstalled my game and origin, I made all I could to try to stay connected, but it changed nothing, and many people has this problem. They must do something, because it will make a lot of Customer very disapointed about EA. It's like this since the last update. I'm very bored about it.

I am sorry that you are having this issue @kass17. I hope that the issue will be fixed for you very soon. Perhaps keep testing and trying to connect and remain connected every so often to see if the issue is better for you.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello everyone. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have passed it along to the team to look into.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    strawberrymarkstrawberrymark Posts: 199 Member
    I am to having this problem. Hopefully it's fixed sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    rg9778rg9778 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2015
    I, too, am having this issue for 2 days now. I had an EA rep on the phone last night over an hour and he tried every option he had right down to uninstalling and reinstalling the game until he ran out of options and basically said..I don't know what else to tell you. Was very patient and helpful but...really? Anyway, even after uninstall/reinstall its still doing it. Very disappointing. If anyone hears of a fix...please post!
  • Options
    Argus_HulinArgus_Hulin Posts: 19 New Member
    I am having the same issue too. It just happen sometimes but I am connected to my wifi all the time. I am not sure why the game lose connection to the web.
  • Options
    Well I have been on the phone with a tech for two days in a row, and have done everything i can to my computer that there is to be done, now i have to install the sims 4 on another computer, to see if it does the same thing, if it does then its the internet, if it don't then its my computer they claim, But i cant see how its my computer when the game worked fine on it before Origins last update and that i added the spooky pack, only after then did i start having connection problems.
  • Options
    kass17kass17 Posts: 92 Member
    If it was only our computer, the problem might be only to ourself. But the problem touch a lot of players.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Well I have been on the phone with a tech for two days in a row, and have done everything i can to my computer that there is to be done, now i have to install the sims 4 on another computer, to see if it does the same thing, if it does then its the internet, if it don't then its my computer they claim, But i cant see how its my computer when the game worked fine on it before Origins last update and that i added the spooky pack, only after then did i start having connection problems.

I am sorry to hear that you are having the connection issues. I hope that they can be resolved for you very soon.
  • Options
    HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    Yeah unfortunately it is affecting me as well. This is driving me insane! :s I can barely use the Gallery for more than three seconds.
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    it is happening to me too, i hope there is something done to fix it.
  • Options
    mylizzycatmylizzycat Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes it is a new problem. Since the update. Have tried all suggestions. Not my internet connection or router or cach - its an EA problem.
  • Options
    i have pm @SimGuruDrake on this waiting for her reply on this and keeping my finger cross that she see this thread