Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Way I can live in the Hermit's House from OR?

ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
Does anyone know of a way that I can take over the hermit's home & have my sim live there permanently?
thnom_nom.gif

Comments

• Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited September 2015
    You could always go into manage worlds, edit the lot, then select the house and save it to your gallery. Then you can purchase an empty lot to place the house.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Hmmm...yeah, I might do that. Ideally though, I want to live in the middle of the woods as the hermit. I don't guess it's possible to do that. I can't figure out how to stay without just staying on vacation forever (and that's sooooo expensive) & waiting for the hermit to die, or killing him/her. It still wouldn't be technically my home lot though.
    Post edited by ShimmyShimmyYa on
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hmmm...yeah, I might do that. Ideally though, I want to live in the middle of the woods as the hermit. I don't guess it's possible to do that. I can't figure out how to stay without just staying on vacation forever (and that's sooooo expensive) & waiting for the hermit to die, or killing him/her. It still wouldn't be technically my home lot though.

Motherlode. Or do we not have that cheat in this game?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    edited September 2015
    I knocked the hermits house down and built a mansion. And yup I stayed on vacation! Motherlode all the way!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    I guess I'll just have to motherlode it. It'd be nice if there was a way to do it without cheat codes though. Thanks guys.

At least I won't have to type rosebud;!;!;!;!;!;!;!......over and over...lol.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You could just earn the money instead of using motherlode. Make some statues on the woodworking bench and sell them, sell harvestables, etc. It shouldn't be too hard to cover expenses.

There's no reason to wait for the hermit to die because the game will just generate a new hermit. The house doesn't really belong to the hermits anyway.
  • Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    You could just earn the money instead of using motherlode. Make some statues on the woodworking bench and sell them, sell harvestables, etc. It shouldn't be too hard to cover expenses.

There's no reason to wait for the hermit to die because the game will just generate a new hermit. The house doesn't really belong to the hermits anyway.

I was wondering about that, because I went to the trouble of becoming best friends with the hermit, but she disappeared (was culled) from my list of friends. So, I went back on vacation, expecting to find the hermit house empty, but there was just a different hermit (a man, not even another woman, so I know she was culled) living there.

Is there a way to stop a new hermit from taking over the cabin in the woods? I want the land all to myself. I'm selfish.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited October 2015
    Did you try bb.enablefreebuild and change the lot type? Or using Zerbu's Mod that makes Granite falls residential?
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    UniSims wrote: »
    Did you try bb.enablefreebuild and change the lot type? Or using Zerbu's Mod that makes Granite falls residential?

I didn't try bb.enablefreebuild, but I definitely will now. Thank you! I haven't used mods at all in TS4; it seemed that I always had bad luck with them in all my other Sims games, so I'm trying to play mod free (which is proving quite the challenge in TS4 for sure). I may just cave. Thanks again.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member

Just out of cuiousity.... IF you were to make Granite Falls be residential, wouldn't that mean that ANY one could then come to visit you - eventually??

I wondered about that, too (about living there permanently).
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    sabmicsabmic Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2015
    Could you possibly marry her/him to a throw-away sim in your household, move in your household, and then drown anyone you don't want anymore?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Zerbu's mod doesn't work correctly. You can set the lots to residential and move sims in, but the game still plays it as vacation and sends sims there and they vacation with your family. You have to end vacation of those sims in order to have the lot back to your residential family that you moved in.
  • Options
    ZaraLZaraL Posts: 54 Member
    > @xPaxion said:
    > You could always go into manage worlds, edit the lot, then select the house and save it to your gallery. Then you can purchase an empty lot to place the house.

Thanks!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    > @xPaxion said:
    > You could always go into manage worlds, edit the lot, then select the house and save it to your gallery. Then you can purchase an empty lot to place the house. Thanks!

Nope, it's not possible with hidden worlds or lots.

• Options
    sih100sih100 Posts: 15 Member
    > @Simsister2004 said:
    > Brokosaurus wrote: »
    >
    > > @xPaxion said:
    > > You could always go into manage worlds, edit the lot, then select the house and save it to your gallery. Then you can purchase an empty lot to place the house. Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nope, it's not possible with hidden worlds or lots.

I just did bb.enablefreebuild and saved it to the gallery while there with my sim in build/buy mode