Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    yunanesca wrote: »
    @debjameswhite Thanks, dear I'm glad to be back to :)
    @Rawla ty btw :) yea I'm still on 1st gen.

So am I. Their oldest is about to age up to child. I think 2 boys and a girl is a good number of children for this first generation to have.
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Hi everyone!

So its currently 4:30pm here and Im already in my pajamas and ready to play lots of Sims in celebration of my birthday! Yay! Expect at least one update from me this weekend :)

Also, fun fact: the Queen is 91 today and 65 years older than me. Cool, huh?
  • Options
    carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    I have a little update as I kept getting interrupted by things when I was playing
    Chapter 5: A baby is born

It was collection day at the lab and Dalton caught some more fish
    tumblr_inline_oornep09w61r1cgut_500.png

Regina flew while on her way to throw up
    tumblr_inline_oornglLFpl1r1cgut_500.png
    tumblr_inline_oornhrUwJl1r1cgut_500.png

Dalton had to work late that night but made it home in time to kiss Malcolm good night.
    tumblr_inline_oornja1pe71r1cgut_500.png

Malcolm had a nightmare. Luckily, Hazel was there to comfort him
    tumblr_inline_oornkfMrvu1r1cgut_500.png

Regina came to put him back to bed, also offering a hug
    tumblr_inline_oornlgyGA61r1cgut_500.png

REGINA NO
    tumblr_inline_oornm0oVZs1r1cgut_500.png

Regina quickly cleaned her mess up
    tumblr_inline_oornomGgem1r1cgut_500.png

Hazel woke up still super 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from being woken u in the middle of the night
    tumblr_inline_oornpspD101r1cgut_500.png

She had cake for breakfast, despite what the rules were
    tumblr_inline_oornv9W1s51r1cgut_500.png

The night started normal enough. Dalton read Malcolm to sleep and soon went to bed himself
    tumblr_inline_ooro2sJEV61r1cgut_500.png

It was in the early hours of the morning when Regina went into labour
    tumblr_inline_ooro4fcUju1r1cgut_500.png

At this point, the roles were reversed. Regina didn’t care and Dalton was freaking out
    tumblr_inline_ooro8ol8vn1r1cgut_500.png

The baby eventually persuaded her to get up and get going
    tumblr_inline_oorobexRHf1r1cgut_500.png

Dalton was encouraging this time
    tumblr_inline_ooroc1PWZh1r1cgut_500.png

It’s a girl! They named her Malia.
    tumblr_inline_oorocr3OBt1r1cgut_500.png

Regina was exhausted after the birth and back to bed. Dalton handled the feeding
    tumblr_inline_ooroeuUGAG1r1cgut_500.png

I got the coffee makers ages ago but this is the first time Dalton actually used it
    tumblr_inline_oorohwSHm01r1cgut_500.png

Somehow, Malcolm learned how to open a door and went to chat with Caleb
    tumblr_inline_ooroq2M7Uj1r1cgut_500.png

Sibling moment
    tumblr_inline_ooroqmU1bn1r1cgut_500.png

Hazel’s friend, Kallie Nakamura, came over to visit
    tumblr_inline_oororqGUYh1r1cgut_500.png

The girl’s watched a movie while Dalton took a moment to himself
    tumblr_inline_oorot7tJZe1r1cgut_500.png

Malia just wants her mom to come home
    tumblr_inline_oorou2bbWA1r1cgut_500.png

After Kallie went home, Hazel played dolls with Malcolm
    tumblr_inline_oorovh6fBC1r1cgut_500.png
  • Options
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Rawla Anna is so cute! She's an adorable toddler...can't wait to see her age up.

@JBAG521 I was so jealous this morning when I read you were in your PJ's getting ready to play sims. Now it's 7:30 here and I am in my PJs too! I don't know how much playing I'll do tonight, but tomorrow morning over coffee <sighs> Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

@carlimact Welcome to baby Malia...hopefully you'll get your purple eyes.

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @carlimact - #teampurpleeyes I am rooting for it!
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited April 2017
    Update!

After living together for only 24 hours Kalvin asked Mira to take a vacation day from work and spend the day exploring San Myshuno with him.
    FUfX1Au.png

They spent the day walking through the different districts. When they got to the pier by the Spice districts bridge, Kalvin surprised Mira by getting down on one knee.
    fdkIYV7.png

If he was nervous, she couldn't tell. He was all smiles as he professed his love to her.
    3oxtaLG.png

Mira was stunned, but she didn't have to think twice before giving her answer.
    EGyLLR2.png

Of course she said yes. :love:
    TBRcfV0.png
    YMpzf7d.png

I don't even know how to caption this. This is just a case of me loving this pic and wanting to show it anyways.
    4rQBQOI.png

<3<3<3
    Yqo4zKX.png

Soooooo since they needed a wedding venue, and @debjameswhite , @OJenn and myself are going to be collaborating on a Mediterranean style home next generation. I wanted to build in that style to get practice. This is what I came up with. For now it's named Villa Love and I'm using it specifically as a wedding venue. :) Do you guys have a suggestion for what lot type I should make it? I want the people that visit to always come in formal wear if possible.
    t6LydtX.png

Oasis Springs has a nice tropical climate, or so I imagine. So I wanted to make sure the ceremony space was outdoors.
    kjgGerf.png

I've always loved those open archway windows and wanted to use them, but I could never find a way to use them well in a house. I think it goes nicely here. :)
    ebIIIFx.png

A long time ago @Francisca464 had a wedding on a lot where the pathway was lined with candles. I fell in love with that idea and totally forgot about it till now.
    GpXhSgO.png

And I've seen everyone use the rose pedal rug from the romance festival as an aisle floor. It's perfect for weddings.
    GfaH3cV.png

In my google searches of Mediterranean style homes large fountains in courtyard areas kept coming up, which is the idea behind this area.
    YBz0opB.png

Plus it looks really pretty from the arch too.
    lVdVln5.png

The entrance has another fountain as well. I was gonna add a 3rd but I had to stop myself lol
    oSxzqbB.png

Inside on the first floor there's a large kitchen for caterers. Or if you're like me, and always forget to bring the wedding cake to the actual wedding lol now your sim can whip one up during the reception.
    oUMJVUF.png

Upstairs is where the reception is intended to be held.
    MmXnur2.png

There's a table for all the goodies.
    cvxYaMK.png

A big table for family to sit together, and if your newlyweds can't wait till they're home, there's a closet for... you know :wink:
    U8jYtav.png

The bar.
    iW6XISA.png

Directly across from the bar is my fav because you get to see out those cool open arch windows.
    JamOmjC.png

There's also a dance floor, seating area, and karaoke machine. Any suggestions for things I could add??
    UNEGE4c.png

Okay and just one last shot of the same thing you've already seen :joy: I can't help myself, sorry! Also @debjameswhite I put the lot in the small neighborhood to the left from map view because it's got this pretty lake in the background, but I can easily put our lot next to it. :)
    niIoWGT.png
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    Hi I took a break from the sims 4 for a while but I'm back! I'm still rebuilding Oasis Springs I believe?
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    @Rawla - Oh no Kalvin's not just her roommate, he's been her boyfriend since they were teens, they only just now made it official. :) Yay a girl! Anna is the cutest! She does strongly resemble her Dad right now, but that could change as she ages up!

@debjameswhite - Yes! The Lawrence boys are both now Fathers :smiley: I thought once I fixed the hiccup with Jade and Joshua not marrying things would work themselves out. I'm gonna be keeping an eye on Greysen's lovechild, don't you worry lol! I have 24 quill plants and each time they're harvested I make 19,600. It's important to note that 4 of the plants harvest later then the others. I wish I could easily see how much stuff is worth in my sims inventories, but every time I try it only allows me the option of selling the whole stack. Quill plants are great though because you get more then one fruit from each plant. I'll figure out exactly how many next time they're ready. :)

@OJenn - Mira's someday is coming sooner then later :joy: I was feeling too left behind.

@yunanesca - I know this year has been really hard on you so I'm glad you're feeling up to posting again. I love gardening too, it's one of my favorite things to have my sims do. I'm super interested to see the future spouses enter your game!

@JBAG521 - Aw, you share the same birthday as the Queen? That's so fun, happy birthday. Simming in your jammies sounds like the perfect way to spend the day :)

@carlimact - "Regina flew on her way to throw up" :lol: She really wanted to make it to the toilet. Dalton making it home in time to kiss Malcolm goodnight was so sweet. Poor Regina's had some really tough pregnancies. Let's hope baby Malia inherits the coveted purple eyes so she doesn't have to suffer through a 4th one lol! Oh and I didn't think your update was too short. To me it was the perfect size.
  • Options
    @Rawla Anna is so cute! She's an adorable toddler...can't wait to see her age up.

Thanks so much! I love how she turned out. I'm looking forward to having her age up too. But its big brother's turn to age up today. He'll be a child next time I play.

@Rawla - Oh no Kalvin's not just her roommate, he's been her boyfriend since they were teens, they only just now made it official. :) Yay a girl! Anna is the cutest! She does strongly resemble her Dad right now, but that could change as she ages up!

That is so cool! I didn't know that. And he proposed! Weeee. So very sweet. As for your wedding venue...wow! I want it. Its gorgeous! As for Anna, it will be fun to see her grow up with her red-headed brothers. lol

Hi I took a break from the sims 4 for a while but I'm back! I'm still rebuilding Oasis Springs I believe?

Yay! Welcome back! :smiley:
  • Options
    @Ojenn and @Heckstress17 ALRIGHT! Let me know what you think!! I've uploaded it to the gallery. I don't know if landscaping or decorating is going next...I think it might make sense for decorating to go next :)

I didn't take pictures of the inside so it will be a surprise when @Ojenn decorates. I have put in a few things to help me build but feel free to change any of it. The inside is yours completely!!!

Same for you on the outside @Heckstress17

Here are the pics...well sad...my pics won't push :( OK I'm trying imgur...I don't know how that works but here goes! If you think this house is too big or you don't like it let me know...I won't mind trying another one...maybe we could pick it out together or something. Oh and speaking of that I will link the house plan I used for inspiration...darn lot was too small to use it completely.

saEoMxG.png
    7srvt9c.png

Inspiration:
    House Plan
  • Options
    @OJenn @Heckstress17 It was downloaded by someone before I even finished my post!
  • Options
    @OJenn @Heckstress17 It was downloaded by someone before I even finished my post!

I love it! You did an awesome job! I can't wait to get on my computer and really check it out <3<3<3 I agree it makes sense for decorating to be the next step :)
  • Options

I love it! You did an awesome job! I can't wait to get on my computer and really check it out <3<3<3 I agree it makes sense for decorating to be the next step :)

@debjameswhite - Thats because it's so awesome!! I will download it right now and spend the rest of tonight filling it with love.
  • Options
    Here's an update from me
    Chapter 6: The Golden Child

In this house, woohoo was the best stress reliever
    tumblr_inline_ooub84mpFv1r1cgut_500.png

Malcolm was in awe of his mom’s cooking skills
    tumblr_inline_ooub9u2fsh1r1cgut_500.png

Dad Dalton is the best Dalton
    tumblr_inline_ooubbgEz7N1r1cgut_500.png

Playtime was over when the stove started to spark
    tumblr_inline_ooubdfSarV1r1cgut_500.png

Malcolm did it all on his own
    tumblr_inline_ooubfg89Th1r1cgut_500.png

So, apparently toddlers can grab a serving if you leave food on the counter. Huh
    tumblr_inline_ooublgSE8K1r1cgut_500.png

In other news, Malcolm had his birthday
    tumblr_inline_ooubouU51d1r1cgut_500.png

Malcolm had a change in him
    tumblr_inline_ooubrgygvr1r1cgut_500.png

Hazel was concerned
    tumblr_inline_ooubufmosn1r1cgut_500.png

Dalton tried to diffuse the situation
    tumblr_inline_ooubwkVaOr1r1cgut_500.png

Don’t be fooled by Malia’s sleeping face. She’s a menace
    tumblr_inline_ooubyrw5Hx1r1cgut_500.png

Regina returned home with a promotion in hand. She had much better hours now
    tumblr_inline_oouc14ID9g1r1cgut_500.png

Malia just wanted her mom
    tumblr_inline_oouc332Hd31r1cgut_500.png

Malcolm woke up offended by his sister’s stink
    tumblr_inline_oouc4z4Nha1r1cgut_500.png

THE GOLDEN CHILD IS HERE
    #TeamPurpleEyes
    tumblr_inline_oouc9lNWl91r1cgut_500.png

Poor little thing
    tumblr_inline_ooucpdX2R01r1cgut_500.png

Cheers for Dalton
    tumblr_inline_oouctapROp1r1cgut_400.png

Dalton is a menace
    tumblr_inline_ooucyhWbps1r1cgut_500.png

As tradition depicts, Malia was read to sleep by Dalton
    tumblr_inline_ooud20aWsG1r1cgut_500.png

Since Dalton completed his elements collection, he got this cool plaque
    tumblr_inline_ooud453qvI1r1cgut_500.png

The siblings seemed to have made up
    tumblr_inline_ooud7g4Iy31r1cgut_500.png

Terrifying
    tumblr_inline_ooudb4bDsS1r1cgut_500.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    And then I go and make a rookie mistake and save my game with no cc, so tomorrow I have to try and fix things and redecorate Kamila's place. :(

The good news is I did manage to complete most of the downstairs. And I did put Amira's house back to mostly EA deco before moving kamila out.

@carlimact OH MY GOD YES!!! Malia for heir!! #teampurpleeyes
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    @carlimact Congrats on purple eyes! Glad you found your heir.

@OJenn Oh no! What a bummer! I didn't take the CC out of my game when I did the house I just made sure I didn't chose anything. I was worried it might upload as having cc but luckily it did not. Can't wait to see what you do.
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - Mine always upload saying modded unless I remove all my cc. Normally what I do is don't use cc and when I go to upload anything I take the cc out then upload. Lesson learned.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @carlimact Yay Malia! #teampurpleeyes She's such a cutie! And whoa Malcolm. Insane,really? Poor kid.

@debjameswhite That house! Its awesome! Do you have a link to it please?
  • Options
    @Ojenn #Teampurpleeyes lives!
    @Rawla I know right. The generator I use went and decided that he was now insane. Poor Malcolm
  • Options
    carlimact wrote: »
    @Ojenn #Teampurpleeyes lives!
    @Rawla I know right. The generator I use went and decided that he was now insane. Poor Malcolm

My three toddlers got Wild, Clingy and Angelic. The eldest, Benjamin, will age up to child next time I play. I hope he gets a nice trait.
  • Options
    @Rawla I'm not sure if this link will work, if it doesn't you can search the gallery on my user name debjameswhite and it should come up.

https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=debjameswhite&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    @Rawla I'm not sure if this link will work, if it doesn't you can search the gallery on my user name debjameswhite and it should come up.

https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=debjameswhite&max=50&maxis=false

It worked! Thanks.
  • Options
    uiBuo.jpg
    Chapter 37: Dueling Chefs and True Love

Before the triplets could age up, Daegan and Tait needed to age up…because the thought of 5 toddlers terrified me! Once again it was dueling chefs!
    vu7q4.png

Greysen is having fun, but making a mess!
    vu7tN.png

The maid was there to help celebrate.
    vu7uC.png
    vu7v3.png

Here’s Greysen with Boden.
    vu7xW.png

Now with Kellan (and Daegan and Tait pre makeover looking terrifying in the background).
    vu7yr.png

Lawrence knows to get right to work with the potty training.
    vu7z1.png

It was right about now I realized something terrible had happened. Kenza and Russell were completely missing from the game. I discovered later it was because I had tried to give the boys a makeover. Realizing my grave mistake and not wanting to lose them, I quickly restarted and couldn’t resist more pics of my dueling chefs.
    vu7zo.png
    vu7Aj.png
    vu7AP.png
    vu7Bi.png

And this time Lawrence got the honor of helping his boys age up. As you can see, they still needed a makeover!
    vu7BL.png
    vu7Cr.png
    vu7CV.png
    vu7DK.png

Greysen loves the babies though and couldn’t keep his hands off.
    vu7EC.png

This is where I started to meddle. I didn’t want to lose Kenza and Russell but I needed to do a makeover. I started thinking about Kenza leaving the family. I made a very attractive man in business career and started thinking about the ambitious Kenza running away with her boss. When he did a flirty introduction and she didn’t reject him I thought…”Yes just as I thought Kenza you are just like the others!”
    vu7Fd.png

However, when he outright flirted with her she rejected him hard and she left his house. I switched back to Lawrence’s house and when she came home she went right up to him and kissed him. Guess she told me! Good for you Kenza!!!
    vu7FM.png

Meanwhile, Bryan the youngest of the Wolfe boys (Greysen’s pack anyways) was missing his dad and asked him to dinner.
    vu7Gu.png
    vu7Hy.png
    vu7I1.png

The next day he asked his brother to lunch. I was thinking he looks a lot like Sasha.
    vu7Iv.png
    vu7J2.png
    vu7JA.png

Every time he sipped his drink he made this face. Lawrence didn’t seem to have that problem.
    vu7Kj.png

In case anyone is wondering, this little guy is my future heir.
    vu7KK.png

So Lawrence’s friend Tyler invited him to his birthday party. I was so happily pleased to see the house full of Lawrences! Also Joshua and Catherine are both still alive as well and they are older than Greysen.
    vu7Ln.png

Everyone in this picture is related to a Lawrence…except Lawrence hehe who can’t help himself but help out.
    vu7M2.png

Everyone goes into a spare bedroom to chat at a party right?
    vu7Mv.png

Some random party pictures. I couldn’t get enough of seeing that this family autonomously stayed together!
    vu7N9.png
    vu7OC.png
    vu7P3.png

After the party while birthday boy Tyler had a meltdown over his 2 toddlers, Lawrence stuck around and helped to clean up.
    vu7PH.png

He’s a good friend.
    vu7Q9.png

Back at home after standing over his son at the potty for what seemed hours…father and son adorably collapsed.
    vu7QK.png

Luckily Mom could pick up story duty.
    vu7R9.png

And offer hugs to one of her little guys.
    vu7RD.png

Greysen is always watching and hooray my favorite butler was there after the party. Now I’m afraid to leave the house again!
    vu7Sh.png

Sexy butler Blaze has decided to go casual. We don’t mind.
    vu7Ta.png

Father and son having a rare moment of quiet and peace together. (Remember when we used to get excited over shirtless pics of Greysen? <sigh> those were the good ole days!) hehe
    vu7TN.png

Greysen had a conversation with Lawrence about his music and talked him into pursuing it. Maybe he can help Greysen complete that final aspiration after all!
    vu7Wg.png

Lawrence is really happy Blaze is back. We can’t even remember the other butler’s name. Blaze is a real friend.
    vu7WI.png

Here Greysen is wondering why the toddlers always come to his room to cry.
    vu7Xc.png

After tucking him back into bed it just gave him some alone time to get his own music appreciation in.
    vu7XO.png
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Rawla yea I'm picking up where i left off on mine about a year ago I think on my household in the 1st gen. I'm on about the 6th section of the story. The plant Discovery is a added bonus :) I decied I throw in.

and yes I don't know what one will have what "which twin" but then I gotta hunt down their mates they seem to be MIA atm.

but do love your story :).

@Jbag521 HI and welcome, happy late Birthday. :) hope you had a good one :)

@carimact Dalton and Welcome baby Malia
    love the siblings so cute :)
    @OJenn HI dears :)

@Heckstress17
    kevin an mira grats to them getting engaged
    and love that venue :)
    and Thank you yea tracking those two MIA spouse down is the trick I did see those IN the Notice that I think Preston Future spouse moved somewhere I'm gong have to track her down put her back in the bin.

@krabby_pattiess Welcome back :)

@debjameswhite love the build very pretty and stylish from the picture :).

and love your dueling chefs and kids are adorable.
    the bedroom pic lol to chat yup that how it work always room you don't expect :)

@carlimact so love the golden child so cute
    love the up purple eye cute suits her very well :)

I will post after soon again
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/