Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Options
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've built the Wolf's a house and I decided they wouldn't live in a shabby place after all. I did choose the smallest lot in Willow Creek, but I figured Edie is too glam to have a boring house. I had to cheat with the money quite a bit but I figure the tiny size makes up for any nicer furniture or decoration I added. I am not a builder, but I'm trying to get better, probably by using this challenge to practice building!

I went with a more modern look when building/decorating the house.
    Edit: Happy new year everyone!

Exterior

01-01-17_122225nbspAM.png

Kitchen (The amount of time it took me to properly MOO those objects onto the shelf...too much time :| )

01-01-17_122534nbspAM.png

Living Room (partially blocked by the stairs, that lead up to the loft bedroom)

01-01-17_122656nbspAM.png

Bedroom

01-01-17_122814nbspAM.png

The bathroom is almost too small to take a picture, but it's there :D
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    Okay, not even one minute into gameplay and a fire's started. What the heck Marcus.
    01-01-17_124713nbspAM.png
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Allison18 - I love the home you built for your couple, it is definitely a very modern design. You already have some serious design talent to build and decorate such a tiny space. I hope Marcus' fire didn't cause too much damage in the new space.

• Options
    I'm sorry I feel like I'm spamming the thread with my posts but I have a lot of free time at the moment to actually play TS4.

Edie is pregnant!
    01-01-17_54307nbspPM.png

Checking in at the hospital...
    01-01-17_55131nbspPM.png

It's go time and Marcus doesn't seem prepared...
    01-01-17_55256nbspPM.png

Tatum (baby boy) and Marcus bonding. (I had to add on to the house I built to move the master bedroom over to make room for the baby!)
    01-01-17_60236nbspPM.png

Here's Tatum aged up to a child (Note: it was annoyingly hard to get a screenshot of him not moving around and smiling/making other faces). I think he's quite cute! But in my experience the kids always look cute but then turn out all wonky as teenagers/adults. We'll see! His aspiration is whiz kid, and his trait is genius.
    01-01-17_65948nbspPM.png
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Happy New Year All!!

Update

Once again Douglas has died! I can't figure out why his is aging so much faster than Joy. I checked and it is like she isn't aging at all. I wonder if I have some type of glitch.
    31732673511_7c5231a67a_h.jpg

Doug begged for his father to not be taken from him again.
    31732672921_36f2bbab66_h.jpg

To add insult to injury, Grim stayed around to dance.
    31732672311_c4778534fb_h.jpg

What makes it even worse it was Neil and Cherish's birthday. Even though Douglas wasn't their biological father he treated them as if they were his own.
    31732671871_c38820fdff_h.jpg

31732671471_ccc6ddb75d_h.jpg

All made over.
    31732670931_e3193c998b_h.jpg

31732670691_a2278a2c21_h.jpg

Once again the family finds themselves comforting each other during this rough time.
    31732670241_6ffed6f879_h.jpg

Joy is once again making sad paintings.
    31732669621_e646ddb887_h.jpg\

31732669221_1d7cb64bd5_h.jpg

Alexander heard the news of Douglas passing and stopped by to check on Joy.
    31732669221_1d7cb64bd5_h.jpg

As you can see he cooked dinner for the family.
    31732668051_31b1ca87f1_h.jpg

Joy kept her tradition of taking a selfie with the kids on their birthday.
    31008617324_7a4ab23a1b_h.jpg

He even stayed around to talk with the kids.
    31811343866_eeeccff789_h.jpg

Joy had twins.
    31811341986_c30c115957_h.jpg

Alexander stayed and helped with the babies as well.
    31732665391_15627a938c_h.jpg

Alexander could sense that Doug wasn't happy with him being there. So he tried talking with him.
    31732664531_9ae7c379c5_h.jpg

31811340006_dfcd1aef26_h.jpg

Most of the children appreciated him being there. It took their mind off of their father passing.
    31008610114_ddfc24a79d_h.jpg

32063632445_7b6532374f_h.jpg

Joy is still pretty sad.
    32063630835_d48748bd48_h.jpg

Alexander cheered her up with a lump of clay.
    32024484956_d15d0204f3_h.jpg

He even washed dishes.
    32024484646_89467481de_h.jpg

Joy appreciates all of his hard work. She finds it attractive.
    32063626945_ee2f9e5d18_h.jpg

32063625895_8aa65076b6_h.jpg

31688655730_359af9d132_h.jpg

31915261732_6537b5ceb3_h.jpg

The whole day just tired out Alexander.
    31688652100_b01705505a_h.jpg

]
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @amadazulsim - I love seeing Alexander in your game he seems like he really cares about Joy. As far as the kids are concerned I really like the way Cherish turned out. Your poor family has been through so much death, it's a good thing they have each other.

@Allison18 - Tatum is a cutie! I think if you zoom in more they stop moving, there is also a mod to keep them from moving. I plan to start building soon, I've been doing way to much story telling on my blog.
  • Options
    Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi guys! I hope everyone had nice holidays and I wish you all the best for 2017 :smile: That being said, I have some pictures to post (yay)! I'm coming back for comments later, I don't have a lot of time at the moment.

cefdeb12a5.jpg
    Last time around, the youngest twins aged up and I can't get over how cute Rhea is. I was dead set on having Izar be my heir for the next generation, but I have serious doubts now.

67706e6e82.jpg
    First thing Rhea did when she became a teen, was seeking out a nice club to join. After all, she has the Insider trait.

3002019c7c.jpg
    She joined the Pink Ladies club, founded by great-grandmother Lavender when she was a teenager. At the moment, the members are Felicia Gillette...

64e9a27e9a.jpg
    Orions girlfriend Cierra.

c272261f42.jpg
    An all aged up Aurora Icee :love:

c37862cd36.jpg
    Rapunzel Tower,

74e31996f7.jpg
    and the kids' niece Emma Everest (Jana and Jimi's daughter).

4e0b60ff9b.jpg
    Oh and I'm not sure who this girl is, I believe she's also family, Cristo's great-granddaughter.

89d1d108a2.jpg
    One of their favorite things to do is dance at the club.

8f7a39d68a.jpg
    And sing karaoke.

817ed541df.jpg
    And of course, gossip and show off their outfits.

e8d7340606.jpg
    Poor Rapunzel isn't that good at dancing yet and she fell down during an advanced move.

0ac40244b9.jpg
    Ouch...

9d0a6300a2.jpg
    Rhea was there to cheer her up though, she's a good friend. Oh and maybe you've already noticed, but I gave the girls club outfits!

0f40d6a8f0.jpg
    Say, Rhea, I'm not sure you're old enough to drink.

918ee00c45.jpg
    The girl is a real social butterfly, she impresses everyone with her stories.

c3460dc965.jpg
    Girl selfie!

1ad86d7051.jpg
    Felicia and Rhea ended the evening with a country duet, they sang surprisingly well.

486dd8d589.jpg
    At home things are quiet, Wei and Hymn are happy all their kids grew up well.

4d0c153f6b.jpg
    Well, not all of them yet, in case you forgot, there's still a baby in the house :wink:

32fd907a88.jpg
    Izar appreciation pic.

95627ddfd8.jpg
    I got this popup that the Humor and Hijinks festival was in town, so I decided to send the teens there.

d4bf9eaf65.jpg
    I wasn't really sure what to do, but I like purple better than yellow, so I had the teens drink grab a drink from that fountain.

f6884fcac8.jpg
    And just like that, they were pranksters.

875d377329.jpg
    Rhea clearly takes after her father.

a3213e9639.jpg
    Izar, who wants to be a comedian, wasn't that interested in doing the challenge, he much rather practiced his jokes in front of an audience.

2f4a9c4a1a.jpg
    Orion doesn't like blowing bubbles. Good. Drugs are bad, mkay.

080b1d76a3.jpg
    Rhea tried out some spicy food. She handled the hotness well.

10c866f1e5.jpg
    Despite the teens not being active, the pranksters managed to win the challenge.

c08f5fad22.jpg
    Ooh, pretty fireworks.

7eb242cf22.jpg
    More pretty fireworks.

17b83fd53d.jpg
    The fireworks were also the teens queue to leave.

88738932ff.jpg
    One day, while Wei was spying on the neighbours with his telescope...

ad71edd0b5.jpg
    Maia became a child. She aged up with the squeamish trait.

1ace6b65e1.jpg
    She's adorable, but she looks a lot like Rhea.

0c98f1666e.jpg
    Rhea was also the first one to meet her little sister.

4ff3aff5c1.jpg
    She already loves her a lot.

2ec7207ded.jpg
    Orion brought home his girlfriend, but she came over feeling sad.

4f6cb152e4.jpg
    Luckily, he is a gentleman who always knows how to make his girl feel better.

2a403ca361.jpg
    I had to take this picture of Wei in his work outfit, he looks 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

c253dc3865.jpg
    While I was taking pictures of Wei, Orion and Cierre snuck upstairs to the hot tub on the balcony.

44a587baac.jpg
    They had their very first WooHoo right there.

f6d3430967.jpg
    Cierra seems content :yum:

9d203fd70e.jpg
    Life flies by so fast, Hymn and Wei are already becoming elders. They celebrated while the kids were at school.

c002820eb8.jpg
    Hymn: 'Oof. Why do I hurt all over?'

1043d3c01d.jpg
    It's Wei's turn now.

89d408c512.jpg
    They still look fabulous! (And I still have the bug where my sims get covered in soot when they age up).

e76033ad32.jpg
    Hymn took a quick shower and showed off her fabulousness once again.

3f12ec9ed5.jpg
    She also retired from her job as a succesful surgeon.

87aeef56df.jpg
    Elara came by to congratulate her mother, but she was feeling super sad. Which is odd, because she just had her twins.

8e4204a214.jpg
    Hymn managed to cheer Elara up a bit, but she didn't find out what was the matter.

3cf60442c2.jpg
    I soon did though, because I got this notification. Her husband ran off with another woman :disappointed:

And with that, I'll end this update! :smile: See you next time.
  • Options
    Hi All, I hope everyone is doing well!

@OJenn - I like Cherish too. Right now I am letting them live their lives until Joy stops having children. :neutral: Then once all the children are of age I will pick a heir. It might have to be a vote because I have 3 favorites. I do know my heir will be a girl.

@Francisca464 - I have to say that if you were to have a vote for an heir I would choose Rhea!
    It is nice to see that her great grandma's club is still going strong. Your family has so much fun together. Everyone looked like they enjoyed themselves at the festival. Maia is a cutie. You never know she may look totally different as a teen. Haha Cierra looks very content. Wei and Hymn are so cute as elders. Maybe Elara is overwhelmed with the twin. I hate to see her sad.

]
  • Options
    Letchy15Letchy15 Posts: 530 Member
    Hey guys, happy 2017!! Fingers crossed this year is better than the last :grimace:

Xara and Elena went out to the coffee shop to get some drinks and have some sister time

1_zps7hwig5am.png
    2_zpsse5iduft.png

Selfie!!

3_zpsrqsectwx.png
    4_zpssm2h43uj.png

Ooh, who's that making coffee in the back ground :smirk:

5_zps3q9i31ih.png

"Boo!!"

6_zpsha7intrz.png

Great first impression Kyle :joy:

7_zps0xanlzvw.png

She's still down though

Unfortunately it was by now almost nine, so Elena got to say hi to her future hubby but had to run back home for dinner
    But when she got home......

8_zpsvftesnyk.png

He's so angry about it :joy:
    Go Bryon!!

9_zpsmmpneeea.png

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10_zpsau6negft.png

He looks quite cute with brown hair

11_zpsat7xftcn.png

Don't think he appreciates my compliment :joy:

12_zps1k5qkahn.png

I had such a hard time getting that fire put out. For some reason my game was glitching out and they could put it out, and it ended up burning almost his entire room - we lost so much money! :grimace:
  • Options
    RhythrinRhythrin Posts: 184 Member
    Hello everyone! I've spent the last couple days reading all your stories from page 1.. It's been a rollercoaster LOL. Honestly this topic is the reason I decided to make an account on this forum today. I fell in love with so many couples and I've been dying to do this challange! The only thing that's stopping me is my potato-quality 6 year old laptop... The game just doesn't run smoothly and almost all the settings are on the very lowest. Even with the settings set this low, it's very slow. When I send sims to sleep or when they go to work, the game just won't speed up even on speed 3, so I spend most of my game time waiting.

Does anyone have tips on how to possibly speed it up?
    Do you guys think I should try do this challange now or should I wait till I saved up to get a new laptop?

I'll be keeping track of your stories even if I end up not doing the challange myself yet. Everyones sims are just so gorgeous...!
    Love to get to know you all in the near future~! :smiley:

~Aehnyx
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Letchy15 - I love that the girls got some time to just chill together. And I can't wait to see how Kyle and Elena's relationship progress. Byron really is the savior of this household.

@Aehnyx - Honestly I don't know of a fix but maybe you could play anoway and like browse the Web while you wait for sleeping Sims? I'll try and look for a fix, have you tried repairing your game?

@Allison18 - I know I personally love seeing everyone's pictures. So post away
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I should probably stop lurking.
  • Options
    @OJenn I'm not sure how to go about 'repairing' the game, because it's not really broken. Thanks for your help though! Everyone here seems very kind. :smile:
    I think I'll start doing the challange, but restart once I have my new laptop~
  • Options
    Aehnyx wrote: »
    @OJenn I'm not sure how to go about 'repairing' the game, because it's not really broken. Thanks for your help though! Everyone here seems very kind. :smile:
    I think I'll start doing the challange, but restart once I have my new laptop~

You repair from origin just right click the game icon
  • Options
    Rawla wrote: »

It's totally okay to lurk!
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    Rawla wrote: »

It's totally okay to lurk!

Participating is more fun. Maybe soon. I like what I've seen so far. And the players here seem helpful and fun.

• Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    I've finally got some time to catch up and comment! I'm starting on page 190 to make it more manageable lol. So here we go... (also I got fake nails for the first time and they're sooo long >.< so excuse the billion typos lol)

@Meeshelby The triplets are so cute! I just love the red hair!! They look great as teens! Abbey's pretty, but I think I like Maggie better for some reason. Especially with her longer hair! Ahh Derek!! I miss him. He was the BEST father in my game, hands-down. OMG Maggie you player!! I like Ridge and Mathias, but pick ONE lol :lol: I'm still rooting for Derek...

@Francisca464 Another set of twins!! I think Izar is my fav kid looks-wise, but that may change when they all age up. And the romance festival is my fav festival!! I just wish they didn't change into random pink outfits--some of the are awful lol. The gene pool mates look great! Do you remember where you got Aurora's mom's hair (the brunette one)? Your Willow Creek Arcade looks amazing!! Ooooo Izar and Rapunzel!!! I ship it already! :lol: Lol I just love how evil Wei is...I mean, someone has to keep you on your toes in that otherwise perfect family :lol: Elara's prom looks AMAZING! I wish I would've played Noah and Owen as teens longer --I planned on doing a prom for them, but I got tired of Noah and Vi's perfectness lol. Stupid breakup feels making me hate love and all that lol. Oo, Adrian's pretty cute! I ship it so hard!! Omg, do you remember where you found Caelum's teen manbun hair?? I must have it! Orion and Cierra are cute together (and it gets them out of the running for heir >:) lol I want Izar to be heir). EEEEE Jimi and Jana are still together and having another nooboo yaaaaas! I love them so much lol. And Elara...well, at least he looks rich :lol: WHEW, congrats on only having one kid! Omg--Felicia and Rapunzel aged up gorgeously :love: I can't wait to get to that generation!! ACkkkk good look choosing your heir...I looove Izar and Rapunzel but Rhea and Felicia are adorable together omg. (I still think Izar is hotter though lol..that jawline :love: .) Maia is so cute! But probably too young to be heir, so I'm trying to not get attached to her too much lol. Noooo Wei and Hymn can't be elders yet!! </3 They are pretty great-looking elders though.

@amadazulsim Congrats to Joy and Douglas--the wedding was beautiful! Ooo baby time! And its twins!! They look a lot like Douglas. Oo a little sibling rivalry...glad they made up though. Ahh! Another set of twins! Wow--the red hair is strong in this family! Aww..that's terrible that Douglas went before his last child was born. Lol, not one but TWO new guys...we all grieve in our own way, I guess lol. I'm glad Joy is moving on though..congrats on the new nooboo(s). Woah! Douglas is back! How'd that happen??? And another set of twins!! You've got your hands full! At least these twins look more like Joy! I was worried she wasn't gonna get any kids that look like her, lol. Sydney and Sade are really pretty!! Good luck choosing an heir! Oh, and Joy probably isn't aging much because she's pregnant most of the time, lol. They don't age when they're pregnant, which is why the men almost always die first.

@OJenn Love love love your Willow Creek in autumn <3 The twins are so cute! (I mean, how could they not be with those parents :love: ) Corrina and Blaine are a great looking couple. Their wedding was SO gorgeous. Charlotte's house is beautiful! WOW, the twins look great as teens!! I can't decide which I like better. Oooo Norah and Akira...I ship it. And Jaime and Miko!! Yes! OMG, I loved that through-the-generations post--I really wish I would have taken better couple pics so I could do something like that when I'm done. Note to self: do that for Oasis Springs lol. I think my fav gen of your was 2. That gen was so fun for everyone because of the Team Pablo/Team Vincent thing, and your gen 2 Sims were GORGEOUS. But they were all so great! I'm gonna miss your Willow Creek! :cry: Holy wow, I love your new founder. You make the most unique-looking Sims! And her San Myshuno apt looks amazing, of course.

@Letchy15 Frankie seems like such a plum...Xara deserves better! Ahhhh Elena is soooo cute as a teen!! I'm glad you're using Kyle Drink. He's a great-looking sim and so many of us used Pablo or Vincent. He deserves some attention lol! The girls' and house makeovers look amazing! Your family dinners are always so perfect too. I've gotta get my families to eat together more often lol..and not just eat cereal or leftover pizza all the time :lol: As for getting a new computer--you should try to find someone to build you one (or research it and build one yourself). Basically you just order the parts then put it together--it's not as complicated as you might think. Buying parts is waaaaaay cheaper than buying a decent gaming pc (gaming laptops are even more expensive). If you do buy something pre-made, just make sure the graphics card is compatible with Sims. I have a high-end laptop, but it has an integrated graphics card, which means it isnt meant for gaming and i can't replace it..eventually sims will kill it and i'll have to get an entire new laptop. worth it though :lol: OMG love the new house! You always have the best houses...do you build or download shells from the gallery? I haven't been in the mood to build, and it's holding me up from moving on in the challenge, maybe I'll just download some. :p I'm glad Xara and Elena are spending more time together now that they're teens!

@RubeySim Welcome to the challenge! Your founders are gorgeous! And their house is so cute!! I love the bright colors! (And the bright pics in general! Reminds me of @Heckstress17 's pictures!) Ooo congrats to the happy couple on their first nooboo! Harvey's such a cute kid!!

@debjameswhite Loving the story so far! I went to follow your tumblr then remembered I'm logged in on the wrong tumblr lol. (I have two--my studyblr/personal and my simblr). So I'll follow when I get around to logging into my simblr. The first house is cute! Love the red windows and door--I always forget to use those lol. WOW Greyson aged up well :love: LOL I love the heir-catching-on-fire tradition. I think it's funny how she's still living at home too--she really wants to be heir!!

@JBAG521 Welcome (back) to the challenge! Nice new founders! Congrats on doing so well in law school! I'm starting my first year of uni in a couple of weeks and I'm determined to stay above a 3.8 GPA..eventually I want to get into a good phd program for psychology. I've been so wrapped up in preparing for that plus trying to enjoy the holidays that Sims got put on the back burner, so I totally know what you mean about wanting to return to normalcy and play for hours on end :lol: Congrats on little Dominic, he's a cutie! He'd pair great with Di, I think. And Clary!! Love the naming theme!

@piratemiya I love the intro story to your family! And your founding couple is so cute!! Malani has that 'doctor' look, imo. Lol 'floating hipped roof of doom' aside, the house looks amazing. Poor Malani...maybe she should steer clear of flammable objects for awhile, lol. Dawww I love how excited Malani and supportive Felix is about the nooboo. They're gonna make great parents! Welcome, Leilani! Ahhhhh she's so cute!! Such a pretty name, too! I love how much time this family spends in Granite Falls/outside in general. I've gotta remember to send mine to Granite Falls more often. And a boy!! Welcome, Esa! LOL...poor Leilani...you'll get used to him...eventually!

@Allison18 LOVE your founders! For not being a builder, you're a pretty great builder! ;D I really love the kitchen--the light colors make it seem bigger than it is. Eeee a nooboo already!! Tatum is an ADORABLE child. He's one of those child Sims that's so cute, I don't ever want him to age up, lol.

@Aehnyx Do you use cc/mods? A bad mod can easily screw up the game's time and/or make the whole thing laggy. If it's not that, try repairing like @OJenn said. If it's still doing it, it may just be your laptop. Mine does that occasionally, and I think it's because of my integrated graphics card (otherwise I have an i7 quad core processor, 8GB RAM, and 1TB memory...it shouldn't be lagging lmao).

@Rawla You should definitely join! The more the merrier!
  • Options
    @OJenn Ahh that really seemed to help, thanks so much for the tip! I've been playing a bit to see if it ran okay, and I think I'll show you guys my founders as soon as I get the hang of it~
  • Options
    Hi all stopped in to do a quick update before I go and play the day away.
    Oh and Welcome to all of the new joiners!!

@Heckstress17 - Where are you lady?? I miss you. I hope all is well!

Update!

So of course Joy is pregnant!!!
    What the heck we will go for 20 this generation.
    Anywhoo, I think Alexander is happy about this.
    31253318423_8bb8bde34d_h.jpg

Omg she is always gets so big when she is pregnant. I am always thinking she is going to have twins.
    31688649190_4392efd8ca_h.jpg

Alexander is so smitten with Joy that he finally proposed!
    31915256462_3d1cab47d3_h.jpg

31253314353_db72d7cd67_h.jpg

31253312753_e1d340ef28_h.jpg

You would never know they were a blended family.
    They get along so well.
    31688640470_b211e8137b_h.jpg

31253319433_8c24037f98_h.jpg

32025680086_24316601fa_h.jpg

31916490132_913ec2c985_h.jpg

32025677596_8f518f269e_h.jpg

Something has Alexander upset.
    32025677596_8f518f269e_h.jpg

Awww it was time for baby Alexis to be born.
    32025675666_6e9f8af708_h.jpg

Analise wasn't impressed.
    32025675006_36310e04f5_h.jpg

She did get scared when she saw this. lol
    32025673976_af970108bc_h.jpg
    ]
  • Options
    So my sims is still not too up to speed and I set the quality at lowest still. I decided to wait until I got a new laptop, and just watch you guys progress in the game! :smile:

@amaduzalsim Joy is such a pretty sim! :D I'm rooting for her and her family~
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Heckstress17 I agree with @amadazulsim Missing you! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday :) Feel the same about @Tellex and a lot of others!

@soulfull So glad to see you check in and that everything is going well. That's wonderful news about being able to see your son over the holidays! :)

@Letchy15 Your new house is beautiful. I like it a lot! Poor Frankie so much hate for him! Oh the fire was scary, glad Bryon could save the day.

@Allison18 Welcome to the challenge! Love your founders :)@OJenn is right! It's never too late to start. Can't wait to see how your family unfolds. ooo and I love your starter home. So cute, very nicely done. I don't know why, but I loved the pic of Marcus in his stripey socks. Congrats on your first nooboo! He's very handsome as a child, can't wait to see how he is as a teen!

@amadazulsim Poor Douglas and your poor family! Joy did seem to move on quickly...I can see why Doug was a little annoyed ;-) It's nice though that Alexander could be there for them during that rough time. Wow! You're going to try to have 20 kids this generation? Eeep! I always feel bad with 6 hehe. The standing baby is a bit creepy! I'm glad Joy has Alexander though...I'll feel bad for her when he dies though!

@Francisca464 Oh...Rhea is really cute. I love your clubs. I haven't had my sims do an real club for a long time. Oh Cristo...my heart...I loved that evil sim! I love the jeans Rhea is wearing...it makes me want to go on a cc hunt again. Loved this quote and Orion's face "Orion doesn't like blowing bubbles. Good. Drugs are bad, mkay." My kids felt the same way hehe. Your firework shots were nice too. The festivals always seem to pop up at the wrong time for me. Oh well! OH but I can't believe Wei and Hymn are aging up!!! I always love your couples though so I guess it will be ok...

@Aehnyx Wow! I did the same thing but we were not quite as far a long when I joined the challenge :) I had to know everyone's stories though! Welcome :) I'm glad you're going to join.

@Rawla Only stop lurking if you're going to come play with us :) Otherwise, lurk away!

@JordanNicoleJJ So glad to see you post. Hope we get to see an update soon! <3

Finally an update! I haven't played for almost a month! Not because I don't have time but because I got so far behind on the updates. I had one weekend where I just played like mad and then I was like AHHHH what do I do????

So today I figured it out...at least for a small portion. Now I will figure out how to pare down the remaining 66 shots :)

Update

sCOsG.jpg
    Chapter 5: Falling in Love

Sasha was not about to let him get away a second time. She was a doctor and had a really busy schedule but she made a point to give him a call nearly every day. He was always happy when she called and happy to go out with her.
    tfmVh.png

With each date, things got progressively more serious.
    tfmVI.png

Greysen worked hard when he wasn’t with Sasha. He didn’t feel like he had a lot to offer a doctor but he adored her and wanted to find a way to make it work.
    tfmW1.png
    tfmWg.png

He saved and saved and finally made an addition to his tiny home. He loved the outdoors and wanted to feel connected to nature so he built a standalone master bedroom. He still wouldn’t invite Sasha over however.
    tfmWo.png

One day she just showed up. “I love you. I don’t care where you live you big dummy.” Honestly though she loved his home and the master bedroom decorated in her favorite colors touched her heart. “Don’t shut me out anymore.”
    tfmWD.png
    tfmWM.png
    tfmWW.png

“I can work with this.”
    tfmX2.png
    tfmXn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Aehnyx - I hope you can get a new laptop soon.

@debjameswhite - Thanks :smile: I LOVE your chapter.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Commennnnnts!

@piratemiya LOL, stop apologizing for many pictures! I'm sure everyone loves it :wink: I, personally, enjoy the longer posts tremendously. Aww, I like Malani's hair but I also kinda miss the afro. It looked really good on her. Hahaha her and Felix laughing about the monster story made me laugh too, they are evil parents! Evil! The breakfast convo was hilarious too. I like how Leilani looks in that picture. The faces they make when being told about pregnancies suck, they always look like it's bad news. I wish they would respond in different ways each time. Yay, it's always fun when new people do this challenge because we get to see the townies that came with the expansion packs. Like Elsa. She's long gone in my game. I love how going to Granite Falls when Malani is pregnant is becoming a family tradition. They should definitely do that the rest of their lives. Hahaha Esa's face! Poor guy. I bet he wanted to stay in there a little longer. Also Leilani's response cracks me up. She makes the most adorable faces. I say: go for more babies! :wink: Different genetics ftw.

@amadazulsim It was me who asked whether Bradley lives with the family! Thank you for explaining :smiley: I'm glad he's so involved in his childrens lives. Joy is like a pregnancy machine, lol. Doug looks so much like Douglas, it's uncanny. He does have Joys eyes it seems? Oh no! Douglas died again? Hmm, maybe Joy is younger because of her many pregnancies? The aging stops when women are pregnant, except for when you're using a mod to have them continue aging (I use MCC for that). Stupid Grim, he rubs poor Dougs face in his fathers death. Well, at least the twins look lovely. I especially like Cherish. Poor Doug didn't even live to see his last babies :bawling: It's so sad. I'm happy Alexander is there for the family though. He and Joy really seem to have a close bond. God, Joys pregnant again? Phew 20 babies lol. Good luck on that one! I'm sure it's some kind of trophy. Awww congrats on the engagement. They are the cutest blended family evarrr. I'm really curious to see the Joy-Alexander mix actually.

@debjameswhite Yay, it's good to see you back here! I see your teens don't care much about the bubble blower either :yum: Greyson is so handsome. I love his hair. And Sasha... she's just the cutest gal. I really like her. She and Greyson are a gorgeous couple too. I especially like the date pictures where they both wear black. I'm happy they're finally getting serious. Greyson shouldn't feel insecure! She will love him regardless of his living conditions.

@Allison18 Oh I'm so happy new people keep coming to this challenge. Edie is very pretty and she truly looks like a fashionista. Marcus is handsome, he looks fashionable too. Their house is amazing. You said you couldn't build! :yum: If this is your starting point, I bet we're going to be amazed by your future houses. Seriously, my first building looked like a shack. It was basically a box with a roof on it. LOL, Marcus burning down the house. Your hard work is so unappreciated. Do you have different outfits for Edie? I noticed differences in her first pregnancy pic and the hospital one. It would be logical, seeing as she's a fashionista and all. Aww Tatum is so cute. I'm curious to see how he looks as a teen.

@Aehnyx Hello there! Oh wow, you really went all the way back to page 1? That probably took you a loooong time LOL. I actually started this challenge on a poor quality laptop too. Although it wasn't as bad as in your case. I'm trying to think of ways to speed it up, but I'm not sure really. Did you try the 'Laptop Mode' setting? You could always start with what you have and revamp everything and everyone once you get a new laptop :smile: Aw, I see now that your game still won't run properly. Well, I hope we can welcome you as a fellow player soon! Until then: I hope you enjoy all of the stories :smile:

@Rawla Haha, lurk away! :wink: But joining is even better.

@JordanNicoleJJ Yeeeeesssss! I was so happy to see a response from you, lol. You tend to be a personal fanclub for at least one of my sims :yum: I'm happy to find out Izar is the lucky one this time. Aurora's stepmom's hair is from here. I did end up removing it though. I have a strict '18 EA colors only' policy for my hair, because I found out that children won't inherit eye and hair colors the right way if that's not the case. It annoys the crap out of me. That particular hairstyle does have the 18 EA colors, but if you switch from another hairstyle in an unnatural color (like the grey/brown) to that one, the hair will turn black. Which means something is wrong with the way it switches colors, which also means children won't properly inherit the haircolor. I did some experiments with that and every time I use a hair that behaves this way, the genetics go wonky. So I pull out every hairstyle that isn't in the 18 EA colors or that won't properly switches from color to color. Apologies for this very vague explanation, lol, but since English isn't my first language I have trouble explaining complicates issues like these :yum: Haha Izar and Rapunzel are a nice pairing, I'm secretly rooting for them too. They still won't hit it off though :bawling: Meanwhile, Rhea is going crazy. More on that in my next update haha. Aww, well, I can't blame you. Besides, perfect couples in The Sims ARE a bit boring. Hmm, Caelums manbun is a good question, I believe it's this one by SimpleSimmer. She makes really good hairs. Hahah, Orion and Cierra are cute, but I was mostly happy about that 'This gets him out of the running' thing too. I really like Orion, but there's a gap in his chin that bugs me. Jimi and Jana had a rough patch where he cheated, but they worked things out apparently and are going strong once again! Their children are amazingly cute. I aged Maia up to see what she looks like, but don't worry: she is almost a copy of Rhea, and since Rhea has a good chance at heir...ship? you won't miss much :wink: Thank you for the huge comment! :heart:
  • Options
    @debjameswhite Yeah I felt the same way, I really loved to get to know every story from gen 1. There have been such gorgeous sims and a lot of funny drama already! :blush: I've started my own RWC aswell but since my quality is set to low, I don't think pictures would be a good idea as of now! I'd love to tell anyone who's interested my progress though :)

@Rawla I hope so too, but for now I'll have to do with my old laptop. It's still fast enough for now so I'm not in a rush to get a new one..

@Francisca464 LOL yeah it took me a couple days, I think it took me about 8 day.. :tongue: My game is already in laptop mode yeah, I did remove some CC codes that seemed to bug it, and I repaired the game after, it's a bit faster now but I still play on the lowest settings just to be sure. (The game sometimes freezes and if I hadn't saved for a while it means I'd have to start over some of my progress...)
    I did start a family, Jayeon (Asian female) and Aiden (Black male) Yamakawa. They currently have two daughters (Taeyeon and Hyeon, I went for Korean names for now lmao) who grew up into kids, and a third child is underway. I really hope it's a boy this time. I'd post pics.. But I recently learned I can't post pics until after I have an x amount of points, am I correct? :worried:

Can't wait to see more updates guys! :love:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Well, since I'm typing anyway, I'm going to post an update too :wink: I still have some leftover pics in my Puush folder, it would be nice to post them all so you're all caught up to where I am in game!

02fd0c3bac.jpg
    Shortly after his wife, old man Wei decided to retire from his job too.

e592cce96e.jpg
    He didn't complete his aspiration of getting to the top of the career, but he never seemed to really care about it either. Minor crimelord is good enough, right? At least he got to wear the fancy hat.

f58435a3bd.jpg
    Hymn is happy they are both retired because they finally get to spend more time together.

467e7bade7.jpg
    For example, she can now join him on his morning jog.

4f9c89b83e.jpg
    Hm, judging by her face, all this quality time might not be as good as I thought. (JK, they love each other, they were just in pain from jogging. Note to selves: when you're old, don't go on morning jogs)

681621b963.jpg
    In other news, Elara's divorce ended up being a good thing, because she reunited with Adrian yay! :smile:

363b74079f.jpg
    Oh, and I should really find Caelum a love life, because right now his life is far from exciting. He and his homework are unseparable.

9558580cf0.jpg
    Rhea, on the other hand, is all over the place. She spends almost all of her free time with her club.

63e179c1cc.jpg
    And I have a feeling it's not just because of the amazing friends they are (although they are).

2141a2ece4.jpg
    You see, Rhea has never really been interested in men. Maybe it's because she grew up in an almost all boys household, or maybe it's just because she finds women to be so much more attractive.

ae18b6d729.jpg
    Fact of the matter is, that she's extraordinarily... attentive to some of her friends.

12005778c4.jpg
    b9da607916.jpg
    And I was happy to see that Felicia was alright with that.

d1c13a5927.jpg
    In fact, she was more than alright with it.

26b39f3ccc.jpg
    Making out with Felicia, ☑.

928c190a7b.jpg
    Rhea's not all serious yet, so she wasn't opposed to the idea of a romantic night at the Ruins with Rapunzel.

ac5500c282.jpg
    But as it turns out, Punz invited all of the club members. Well, another make out session with Felica is fine too I suppose.

739c1a9836.jpg
    She was showing off a bit, which impressed some of the girls, but actually turned off Felica.

c6043cd773.jpg
    Felicia did come back to talk to her, but by then Rhea was apparently preoccupied with the idea of woo(hoo)ing Aurora. And she's not even a romance sim :neutral:

4753760813.jpg
    They talked the entire night and after most people left, Rhea made her move. But Aurora was a little harder to get than she thought.

75346989de.jpg
    Rhea, however, is not one to easily give up.

006e648c5e.jpg
    And so, they ended up kissing in a dark corner of the Ruins.

78391b7b30.jpg
    After that kiss, Aurora threw all of her reservations out of the window.

b40955ad88.jpg
    In fact, it was she who initated some bush WooHoo. Since that was Rhea's objective all along, she didn't protest.

cb78305fa6.jpg
    The rest of the night was... romantic, to say the least.

87f7fd043d.jpg
    This is one of my favorite romantic interactions :heart: I am a little sad for Felicia though.

0abe378f3e.jpg
    Rhea woke up with a headache the next morning, so she wasn't pleased to be drilled by her mother to do her homework.

0e45e2003a.jpg
    Izar had already finished his, so he could go to the Flea Market with Rapunzel.

802b9efcc8.jpg
    Their friendship is as strong as ever, too bad it won't really progress from there (yet?).

3d44c5c4be.jpg
    Izar really wanted to impress Rapunzel, but haggling is not his thing.

8b7e594eac.jpg
    He doesn't mind being friendzoned for now, as long as he gets to spend time with this beautiful girl.

e3937b661e.jpg
    He introduced her to bubble blowing, she tried not to cough but it failed.

9f78e64e7c.jpg
    Hmm, maybe he ís bugged by being friendzoned...

d4e0c9ff86.jpg
    That night, Rhea was once again invited to a club.

d06a31a031.jpg
    Aurora hoped for a private date...

0479f547da.jpg
    but again, the entire club showed up. (And old ma'am Jana :smiley:)

0c0764efc3.jpg
    This time, Rhea's attention was back with Felicia, who luckily didn't hear anything about her fling with Aurora.

513971b53e.jpg
    They spent most of their night together outside.

4af4d84980.jpg
    When the club closed, Rhea didn't want the night to end and so she invited Felicia back to her place.

296ef7a45c.jpg
    Felicia agreed, but she was feeling unwell by the time their taxi arrived in Willow Creek.

3c7a31a577.jpg
    Rhea gave her some aspirin and comforted her until she felt better.

ec482b73ff.jpg
    Felicia ended up falling asleep in Rhea's arms, so she tucked her in and went to laid beside her. The whole night made her realize she wanted to be with this girl more than anything.

504c8de816.jpg
    The next morning Felicia made sure to thank Rhea for her good care.

dda9b7fe32.jpg
    And after she got up and showered, first thing she did was ask Felicia that important question.

d039ebf333.jpg
    I think her face says it all :wink:

1f6188404b.jpg
    Right after Felicia left, Rapunzel showed up at the Lee's doorstep. She was feeling sad and wanted to talk to Rhea.

8a5b189892.jpg
    They did, and though Rhea didn't find out what was wrong, she managed to cheer Rapunzel up.

c413e3b4c9.jpg
    I'm not sure why, but all of this made Rhea yearn for Aurora's company.

80db31b116.jpg
    She invited her over and they shared a quick makeout session in her room, only for Rhea to roll the whim to WooHoo with Felicia (forgot to take a screenshot of that). This girl officially confuses the crap out of me.

216e41d534.jpg
    Since they are now official girlfriends, Rhea felt it was okay to visit Felicia at her house. Her father opened the door and she introduced herself. He seems to like her just fine.

e69996700e.jpg
    Rhea isn't shy. At all :yum:

88a1ca7ed2.jpg
    She also got to meet Felicia's stepmother and half-sister.

some-time-later-font-7-big.png

b02ac8c551.jpg
    Why are these children so upset, you ask?

3da51992e6.jpg
    Well, this is why.

c8737b1bbe.jpg
    Felicia: 'That. Was. Heavenly.'
    Rhea: 'Did you hear gasps? I heard gasps. I'm afraid to look up.'

0d9526c393.jpg
    Yes, you should feel ashamed!

d74706568c.jpg
    Speaking of shame, Hymn and Wei don't have it.

bffa1a029e.jpg
    They are fully enjoying their retired lives.

545c9c36d8.jpg
    And they bloody well deserve it! :smiley:
    Post edited by Francisca464 on