Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: Season 5 --> Survivor Edition! (EPISODE 7)

Comments

• Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    If the ranking isn't terribly important, then can we use random.org to decide?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    If the ranking isn't terribly important, then can we use random.org to decide?

No.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Lol sorry that was very blunt. I mean it isn't important for you all to do the ranking, because it needs to make sense and be mostly accurate either way regardless if you do it or I do It. It can't just be random.
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    Lol sorry that was very blunt. I mean it isn't important for you all to do the ranking, because it needs to make sense and be mostly accurate either way regardless if you do it or I do It. It can't just be random.

Well, can you do? I don't want someone to be offended when we state they are weakest.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    its based on sim strength so rue would be closer to the bottom since he is more mental strength
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    I believe Georgie and Rue would be close, but Artie would be bottom of the list.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Mission incoming...
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    current.jpg

Mission #3: The Face-Off

In the episode, the players will be paired up against their physical counterpart in a series of brutal duels to determine the stronger competitor, but for you guys, you will be doing something much more civilized and tamer....

connect-4-grid-10222-0-1417083604000.jpg

CONNECT 4!! :b

Rules are pretty simple. In every duel, players take turns via Email. First to connect 4 of their pieces in a row (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) wins a token for their tribe.
    After the 6 matches are completed, whichever tribe has more tokens earns immunity, and the losing tribe must face tribal execution.

After your first turn, each turn after that must be done within 24 hours or you forfeit the match. Might sound harsh, but 24 hours is a long time considering all you have to do is take one small turn. This is a fast-moving game as well, so if I let someone take a week to go their turn, we could be here for a year.

As always, there is a twist. The only way to add points to the pot is by having a DRAW. If a draw occurs, 35 points will be added to the group pot. 6 duels, 6 x 35 = 210, the most points that can be earned in this mission.

A draw can occur two ways;
    1) A natural draw, where the grid is filled up and neither opponent has connected 4 yet
    2) Both players agree to a draw, forfeiting their chance to add a token to their tribe's name.
    (players can agree to a draw at any point during their duel)

If, at the end of the 6 matches, both tribes have the same number of tokens, each tribe will elect their STRONGEST (aka, best connect 4 player) member to compete in a final round that determines it all.

Match pairings:
    1) Adrian vs. Tony (Sammi v Zefie)
    2) Mason vs. Midge (Lo v Smarties)
    3) Rue vs. Caden (Ninja v Kali)
    4) Plum vs. Linda (Bean v Jake)
    5) Georgie vs. Isabelle (Skelda v Tiger)
    6) Artie vs. Whitney (Vul v Haylo)

I separated by gender because that would be "fairer" in real life, although I'm sure some of those girls would be stronger than a few of those guys (like Rue and possibly Caden :p )

Expect an email soon!

Post edited by Turner on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I'm actually going to wait on sending the email to those pairings that haven't checked in, because they might not have read the episode yet and I want them to read the episode before knowing they were safe.

Crossed off means I have sent the mission email.

1) Adrian vs. Tony (Sammi v Zefie)
    2) Mason vs. Midge (Lo v Smarties)
    3) Rue vs. Caden (Ninja v Kali)
    4) Plum vs. Linda (Bean v Jake)
    5) Georgie vs. Isabelle (Skelda v Tiger)
    6) Artie vs. Whitney (Vul v Haylo)
    Post edited by Turner on
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    I would have put that as our order except I would have said Isabelle was stronger than Linda... It's pretty clear that Tony is the strongest and Whitney is the weakest XD
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    I would have put that as our order except I would have said Isabelle was stronger than Linda... It's pretty clear that Tony is the strongest and Whitney is the weakest XD

Yeah, Tony and Whitney were obvious (as well as Adrian and Artie), but I struggled deciding the match-up between Linda and Isabelle vs Georgie and Plum. I suppose I put Linda higher because she plays video games and that could make her more experienced or something.... She's not the type to hold back when it comes to competition, whereas Isabelle can be a lot more "reserved", I suppose. They could be flipped. Georgie is hard to judge though because although she might not have the muscle, you'll see in the episode that it's not the muscle that matters but the body weight. So she could arguably be the toughest competition, haha.
  • Options
    Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    This challenge is definitely interesting with the draw option!
  • Options
    KingSmartiesKingSmarties Posts: 899 Member
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    This challenge is definitely interesting with the draw option!

Agreed! I think strategy is definitely going to play a big part in this game.

Also, nice episode Turner! :D Sorry to see you go Twid, Ambrose will be missed. I like how all the characters are developing so far this season :P I might have to send a DRE in :P
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    .................. :'(
  • Options
    zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    That episode was interesting! Very sorry to see ambrose go, definitely would have been 9ne of my last choices even just picking by sim. And poor mister I! What made you chose to do that turner? I'd say for simplicity sake except that I'd think have the option for direct interpretation would be easier...

This mission looks interesting. What would happen if we get a full pot? That is, what team wins if there are no tokens and we all agree to tie?
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • Options
    zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    Oh and I think Tony had a athletic. ..8 at this point? So yeah he is pretty strong. ;)

Kinda a shameless plug here but if anyone is interested in Tony's background he is the first born son of my legacy so you can read about him for more info if you like ;)
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • Options
    ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited December 2015
    We'll the drama girl has been eleminated :( I was sure surprised but the show must go on, sorry about your eviction twiddle.

Loved the episode there turner very funny with the toilet scene also love how your writing for Rue.

This new challange is looking intresting as we'll XD

Edit: forgot to mention my thoughts on the episode haha.
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
  • Options
    zefiewings wrote: »
    That episode was interesting! Very sorry to see ambrose go, definitely would have been 9ne of my last choices even just picking by sim. And poor mister I! What made you chose to do that turner? I'd say for simplicity sake except that I'd think have the option for direct interpretation would be easier...

This mission looks interesting. What would happen if we get a full pot? That is, what team wins if there are no tokens and we all agree to tie?

Ooh, let me answer this real quick. Thanks for bringing it up.

If NO tokens are won on either side, there will not be a final tiebreaker round, and instead BOTH tribes will go to the tribal execution.

This ensures that you guys can't all just agree to do draws and fill up the pot, and rely on that tiebreaker round.

That tiebreaker round will only occur if both tribes have 1, 2, or 3 tokens each.
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »

Yeah, Tony and Whitney were obvious (as well as Adrian and Artie), but I struggled deciding the match-up between Linda and Isabelle vs Georgie and Plum. I suppose I put Linda higher because she plays video games and that could make her more experienced or something.... She's not the type to hold back when it comes to competition, whereas Isabelle can be a lot more "reserved", I suppose. They could be flipped. Georgie is hard to judge though because although she might not have the muscle, you'll see in the episode that it's not the muscle that matters but the body weight. So she could arguably be the toughest competition, haha.

Considering Linda's logic, she probably will say something like "I was nearly killed in many video games I am in but I am still alive so I could be the strongest."
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    First, my apologies for being so late on this. I've been in a "non-sim" mood lately. @Smarties101, thanks for emailing me. :) I'll work on the challenge shortly.

Turner, excellent episode! I loved a lot about it, including Mr. I's demise via sharks. I will soooooooo miss Ambrose. I really enjoyed having her around. She is quite the character. I loved her outfit as she left. Very elegant.

As for this next challenge, I'm going to lose.....NOT. hehehe....let's go Smarties. ;)<3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    dje2001dje2001 Posts: 1,202 Member
    Oooo, I love Connect 4! I'm ready for this! Bring it on, Jake!!! >:)
    Hii, I guess. I'm pretty cool if you ask me. >w> BTW, call me Bean. Hah

• Options
    Kaliko103Kaliko103 Posts: 9,402 Member
    Sorry I'm here. This mission sounds fun :)
  • Options
    Action DREs due by the end of the weekend!
    Please remember to tell me its an action DRE in your e-mail, just so I know for sure.

I would like DREs from those who haven't written one yet just so I can get a better feel for your character. I will continue to pester you until i get one. All I want is at least one:p
  • Options
    Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    I'll work on a DRE tomorrow, sorry. I've been meaning too, but every time I start to remember, the deadline is up.
  • Options
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    I'll work on a DRE tomorrow, sorry. I've been meaning too, but every time I start to remember, the deadline is up.

No problem at all. This is mostly for you guys because if you haven't written one at all yet I'm likely butchering your sim's personality in some way. :p The introductions in episode one usually aren't enough substance for me to fully get down the way a sim talks and such.

Keep in mind that non-action DREs are welcome whenever :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top