Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Story- Tribe Pungarehu

Nemo91UtdNemo91Utd Posts: 102 Member
So, here goes. At last I'm going to post my Amazon story. It's inspired by several of the "replies" to the Amazon Challenge by @lovejess2. The authors of the inspirational stories are @pammiechick @Julyvee94 @Megurun @SNDGIRL and @Kamio (in no particular order).

My tribe's rules differ quite a bit from the rules posted in the challenge, but Iv'e understood that we're rather free to do things our own way, and the plot that created itself in my head didn't really fit into the frames. Hence, I don't refer to my story here as an Amazon Challenge, but as an Amazon story. The rules will be presented as the story progress, as the tribal rules will be determined by the tribe's "whaea", or matriarch (I will also in time give a "dictionairy" for my tribal titles and names, but until then you are free to translate them in google translate, most of the words are Maori or inspired by Maori words). :)

A few things I should mention before it all kicks off:
- I have no clue if google translate has translated the Maori words correctly from English, and I have also made some "creative" interpretations.
- There will be a "dictionairy".
- My matriarch is not called "creator", but "whaea" (mother of the tribe). I felt that a tribal community would, as are the other Amazon tribes that I've read about here on the forums, be very religious and/or tied to the nature and spiritual worlds - so for someone to call themselves "creator" could be somewhat "blasfemic". The creator would probably be more like the original god or natural spirit (e.g. Zeus/Jupiter, Odin etc), someone who created all things at the beginning of time - in this story that creator would then be yours truly - ME :#
- I did not start my tribe with a young adult founder and her two slaves, but a teen founder - Ama Zo'oni, her adult mother Kaa Zo'o (whom I killed off before the story starts, so that she became a spirit (or ghost)) and Ama's child brother Khali Zo'oni (he's her half brother, as you will probably be able to see once I get the pictures figured out).
- I intend to implement all (or at least most) of the surriunding neighbours and NPCs in the story, as members either of tribe Pungarehu, as members of other tribes, or just as...well, neighbours... Existing sims might be invited to move in with my played sims, as core members or whatever, but only female sims. Adult male sims (you will learn that there is an important exception to this) will not live in the main camp (or compound if you like). As my plot unravels I will "cast" sims I have created (or found in the gallery and adjusted), but mainly I'll try to stick to the ones that are randomly put into the game (for breeding males etc).
- I tend to use brackets (like this) a lot.
- My story might end up containing an overload of text compared to the amount of screenshots from the game (since I had written something like six (yes 6) pages in Word before I even got started with my playing, and I have loads of ideas for the rest of this tale - which might not all be possible to play out completely in the game. I'll do my best though).

Also, I thought I should mention a few general rules/laws/traditions for my story. These are norms and traditions that were there before Ama, and that makes up sort of a background for her and the other Amazons' understanding of the world and how things should be run. Some are from time immemorial, some have been changed and altered to fit an evolving society, some are entirely new (because of said evolvement). Here are the most important ones to be aware of:
- The Amazons are living in a society divided into different tribes. Every tribe, small or large, consists of several different clans and/or families. Some clans are independent, but then usually highly reliant upon one (or in some cases several) of the tribes (an example of a completely independent clan in my story is the Goth clan). A tribe can make independent clans part of their tribe, either by conquest or by a friendly invitation, and in that way make themselves stronger (that is what eventually happens to the Caliente clan in my story).
- Every tribe/clan/family is ruled by the matriarch (whaea), and this title/position is inherited by her first born daughter.
- Males are not counted as members of the tribes, but (most of them) live in (relative) freedom in separate camps. Some males live as personal servants/slaves to an Amazon woman - these males are called sèvants (check out this Kreol word in Google translate, I just had to make this exception from using Maori Words :# ). This is either an agreed contract (with no way out but death) or in one way or another forced upon the male.
- A sèvant is regarded as personal property (although they are usually quite free in most aspects), and it is therefore strictly forbidden for any Amazon to "behave inappropriately" towards another Amazon's sèvant.
- There are no real limitations as to who can breed and how many children an Amazon can have. It is, however, tradition that one should not breed without having consulted with one's whaea and gotten her blessing.

So, that should have covered the most important aspects of the background for my story. More spesific tribal laws will come.
Post edited by Nemo91Utd on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    This first part I already posted in my profile page some weeks ago, it's almost unaltered from that.

Book of Ama
    I, Kaituhi – first tumu of tribe Pungarehu, or Zo’oni – daughter of the great Whaea Ama, write this as it has been told me by my mother and the spirit of Kaa, and later from what I have witnessed myself.

The Zo’o tribe
    Our ancestors – the Zo’o – was thousands of moons old when the tribe met its end. It was a series of most unfortunate circumstances that led to this proud tribe’s downfall. These are not all known now, but it was mistakes and foolishness, accompanied by sheer misfortune that led to the sad fate of tribe Zo’o. In the end their last village burned to the ground, apparently after someone did something incredibly stupid, although no-one knows now what that was.

Leaving home
    The founder of tribe Pungarehu – also known as Zo’oni (new Zo’o) – was our great Whaea Ama. She was the last survivor of the Zo’o, along with her brother Khali. Their mother, Kaa – last matriarch of tribe Zo’o – had lost her last hãmuas in a fire that left their village as nothing but ashes. As Kaa was nearing her elder days, and could no longer provide more daughters, she bade Ama to leave the land, and recreate the proud tribe elsewhere. Ama was to bring her half-brother for help and company, Kaa told her, and she also had this prophecy for her daughter; "In time, although you and Khali may not live to see that day, your brother will save you".

Now without any further purpose in this world, Kaa’s last wish was to die like her hãmuas in the flames. “I will let go of my physical form in this world, but you shall carry my remains, and I will be with you in spirit for guidance as long as you need,” Kaa promised her tamãhine. “I have prayed and communed with the Creator, and have been granted this privilege”. Although the thought of her mother burning to death filled Ama with great fear and sorrow, the young hãmua found much comfort in the promise of her mother’s continued company and guidance from the spirit world. As the flames crept upon Kaa’s body, the whaea showed no sign of fear – her face proud as ever – knowing that there were great things to come for her descendants. Ama’s last words to her mother was a promise that she would fulfill her wishes, and recreate the tribe in new lands. She also promised that she would keep her brother safe, and do everything in her power to make sure her tamãhines would not make the same mistakes as their ancestors had in the past.

There was a sudden sigh from the flames, and a piercing cry that could be heard in the entire valley, as Kaa let go of her life in this world and Ama fell to the ground in tears – it was her that had cried. “There, there”, Ama heard her mother’s voice say in the familiar comforting tone from her childhood, “no time for nonsense, you need to pack your luggage. We should leave as soon as the sun comes up” (now in the more demanding tone that had become all too familiar in her teens). Ama looked up, and saw her mother’s spirit hovering above the still glowing ashes. She smiled, dried her tears, and went off to pack her stuff.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    A new start
    After many moons of travelling through forests and deserts, along rivers and over mountains, Ama and Khali at last came to the land that the Creator had shown Ama in her dreams. Not far from the desert, close to the ocean, it was beautiful and green, rich in fruits and berries and with small rivers full of fish. As the Creator had shown Ama in her dreams, there were people living her. Small clan camps dotted the surrounding area - but there was no big tribe who ruled this land - and the residents were all friendly and welcoming to the two young newcomers.
    Ama quickly set up camp next to the river, and it didn’t take long before she had built herself a small hut with a bed, a stove and a small bath. Khali had become so familiar with living in a tent, that he didn’t want to sleep anywhere else even now that he could.
    In the beginning the two siblings spent most of their days exploring the immediate vicinity to their camp, harvesting what nature offered, and getting to know their neighbors. Not long after their arrival, they met an elder Amazon, who offered to be their teacher and to teach them about the land and anything else they would want to learn. Ama was thankful for this offer, and she and Khali spent most days for many moons learning from the elder Amazon (Creator's note; aka going to School :D ).

[img][/img]07-14-15_4-56nbspPM_zpsuckppjwb.png
    Ama and Khali preparing late dinner at their camp.

If they were to spend much time away from their camp they would have less time to gather food and care for their home, and Ama realized that she needed someone to help her. The day before they came to Crescent River, Ama and Khali had met an Amazon called Katrina, matriarch of the tiny Caliente clan, and a distant relative. After telling her their story, they had happily accepted Katrina’s offer to spend the night at her camp at the rim of the desert, and Ama had often spoken to Katrina and her daughters after this. As she was the best friend Ama had gotten in this new land, and she trusted the Caliente matriarch, it was a natural choice to go to Katrina to ask if she could recommend someone who could help Ama at her camp for a few moons.

Reunion
    As Ama arrived at the Caliente camp, she was as always greeted with much love. After the initial pleasantries and the usual gossip, Ama presented the cause for her visit. Katrina’s face lit up in a big smile, like it always did when she had, or was presented to, what she thought was a great idea. “Of course I will help you my dear! In fact, maybe we could help each other!” Ama’s face was a question mark. “I’ve been trying to get my daughters out of the camp for a while now”, Katrina continued, “as much as I love Dina and Nina, a woman need her space.” – “a woman and her young and hunky sèvant”, Ama thought to herself – “I will let you take my daughters to your camp, and they will stay there for as long as you need them. Although Nina can be a bit lazy at times, they are both highly skilled in many crafts and they are proud Amazons who will be honored to help a female of such heritage as yourself”. Ama was dumbfounded at this offer; “b...but... surely you can’t be serious in offering both of your daughters as help to a young girl like me?” she said flabbergasted. “I was only hoping you would know of someone my own age, willing to help out now and maybe, given time, eventually joining me in my tribe and help providing daughters so that the tribe can grow in numbers sooner. Your daughters are several moons older than me, and I’m sure they would never accept my leadership, not as we are not of the same tribe”. “My dear hãmua, you are young and still have much to learn, so I forgive you such harsh words of my daughters. I understand your concerns, but hãmuas of your own age would need to spend as much time as yourself to learn from elders, and would not have any more time to work and provide supplies than you and your brother do. You also forget that we are of the same tribe; at least our ancestors were hundred moons ago. Now my clan is a small one, and my daughters could never ask for any honor greater than aiding a tamãhine of tribe Zo’o in fulfilling her destiny. In fact I will also promise you that any offspring they may provide while residing with you, shall belong to your tribe. It is time we Calientes return to our family. All that I ask from you in return, is your eternal friendship and your respect, that you treat my daughters and their daughters fairly, and that this bond will be remembered in your chronicles when they are written.” If Ama was speechless before, she was now as if struck by lightning, showered by hail and blown away by a hurricane all at the same time. Tears in her eyes, overwhelmed by this unexpected and boundless generosity, she could only mutter “yes... If this is your will, I will accept your offer most gratefully and your clan is welcomed back into the tribe”.

07-14-15_5-46nbspPM_zpsp91xhbk2.png
    Ama is overwhelmed by Katrina Caliente's surprising offer to send her daughters to Ama's camp for help. But where's Nina? :o

07-14-15_6-15nbspPM_zpsjfdjufog.png
    Ama has learnt from her teacher that it is important to always be on the lookout,and she also scouts the area around the Caliente camp before she goes home. "Well hello there!" :#

Back in the camp the Caliente sisters got to work immediately, and Ama was impressed by their vigor and readiness to act at her bidding. Since there were not enough resources at the time to build a bigger hut, Dina and Nina had to sleep in a tent like Khali, something neither of them objected to, although they were not used to such humble accommodations.
  • Options
    SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    Love the first chapter! Can't wait for more!
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It's very great story, I like your ideas. I also have my own ideas for my own story, I just keep them in secret ;):D I'm bookmarking your story and looking forward for the new chapters :)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Cool, that you started a story too ^^ can't wait for more, it sounds good
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Mistrust
    As days passed it became clearer and clearer to Ama that the two Caliente sisters were of different stature to each other. Dina kept her vigor and spent her days working out, fishing and looking for valuable stones along the river, and repairing whatever that was broken in the camp. Nina’s initial vigor, however, did not last. She was very skilled at gardening, and a great cook. She was also very capable of catching many species of fish, if she could only drag herself down to the riverbank, but she never worked out and seemed to do everything in a daze, dragging herself along – not tiptoeing like Dina, who was as energetic as anyone Ama had ever met. The only times Nina seemed a bit energetic, was when there were males around; she seemed to gain energy from their presence – it gave Ama a bad feeling.

07-15-15_3-22nbspAM_zpsnpauhvjr.png
    "You need to stop this now Nina, before you let it go too far. And you sèvant, leave this camp - and don't ever return here!"

07-15-15_3-30nbspAM_zpssnzoqozw.png
    Ama spoke to Dina about her concerns, and Dina confirmed that her thoughts were right; “I try to change her ways, but she has always been like that, in fact I suspect it was one of the reasons mother sent us away. I think she feared that if Nina spent any more time in the camp around mother’s sèvant Lothario, she would do something stupid – something very stupid. I will admit that I used to be like that myself, I think it is a result of mother’s mass consumption of males - she even got a tãkuta to give her a forbidden brewing that made her capable of enjoying male company without risking pregnancies again. I have learnt to channel my energy into other activities, like working out or meditating, but unfortunately Nina is too lazy – and unwilling – to do that.” Ama was not happy to learn this, but she prayed it would not have a bad influence on her or her tribe. Dina and Nina had become just as close friends to her as their mother, but she was increasingly annoyed by Nina’s laziness and poor self control.

07-15-15_1-24nbspPM_zps8renhwo6.png
    Ama was not at all happy when she came back from her teacher and saw that Nina had not cleaned the hut like she was supposed to.

07-16-15_5-40nbspPM_zpsuw5xrxmd.png
    Ama confronted Nina, and told her to go back to working like she did when she first came to Crescent River. For the first time Nina showed her hot-headed treat, as she responded in fury: "Why should I accept being bossed around by you? You are not my whaea, and you're only a teen - I am many moons older than you!"

07-16-15_5-41nbspPM_zpswdle5hbo.png
    Ama was shocked by Nina's behaviour, and almost as surprised by her own reaction as she really put the older Amazon in place: "Yes, I am still a teen, and no I am not your whaea - but when you speak of me there is no only! I will not have you or anyone disrespect me, especially not in my own camp! I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour ever again, let that be your warning! Now get back to work!" And with that Ama stormed out the door - she needed to go for a run to calm herself down.

07-16-15_5-47nbspPM_zps0ackk41h.png
    "You should be ashamed of yourself! Ama has treated us with kindness and respect from the day we met her, and she is our friend. She's still young, but one day she will be a wise and strong whaea, you should not be one to regret your actions when that time comes. And what would our mother say if she knew about all of this?" "M-mum? Oh no, Dina! You won't tel mum will you?!" "If it ever happens again I would have to, if Ama doesn't."

The girls soon fell back into the daily routine, with Nina now doing her chores as she was supposed to - although still in the now familiar daze. One morning, about a week after the outbursts Nina came to Ama with a suggestion: “We need new plants to increase the diversity of our gardens,” Nina said one morning. “If you allow it I will make the journey back home to gather some of the fruits and vegetables that grow there on the rim of the desert. I am sure that if they can grow there in that dry soil, I will be able to make them grow even better here near the river.” Ama knew Nina was right, but she couldn’t help being a bit suspicious as to whether this was Nina’s only reason for wanting to visit home – they all knew that Katrina was away to visit an old friend, and Ama was not sure that she had brought Lothario along with her. “Yes,” she answered, “that is a good initiative, which I much appreciate. Dina, you should go with her. There are also fish in the lake there that don’t swim in the river here, and Nina may need help carrying what she finds. Bring home any valuable stones that you can find, and maybe you could try catching some new species of frog”. “Of course,” Dina said, “we shall travel tomorrow at dawn”. Ama was sure that the look in Dina’s eyes meant that she got the message. Nina looked a bit unhappy at this turn of events, but she didn’t speak.
  • Options
    BloodRedSisterBloodRedSister Posts: 186 Member
    Hey @Nemo91Utd Love your take on the challenge. Great introduction and having the Calliente sisters to help you will be really interesting to say the least.
  • Options
    It's very great update. I like how strong Ama is <3 She'll be great whaea :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Betrayal
    When Nina and Dina came to the Caliente camp, there was no one there. Dina was pleased that Lothario apparently had left with Katrina, but she didn’t say anything about it to Nina, who did not seem to be very surprised by this. “Maybe we are too suspicious of my dear sister” Dina thought to herself.

“Let’s get to work shall we?” Nina seemed eager to start gathering the plants she had promised Ama. “Yes. I’ll go down to the lake, and I will see you later” Dina answered. As the camp was empty she had no second thoughts about leaving Nina unattended for a few hours. “Good luck!” As soon as Dina was out of sight, Nina ran into the house, showing an energy that could only mean one thing; the camp was not as deserted as Dina believed.

07-20-15_3-02nbspAM_zpsnfkjyjwe.png
    “Are you sure your sister will not come back and see us?” the sèvant asked, as he dragged Nina into the warm embrace that she had missed and longed for too long. “100% my sweetest Lothario” she chuckled, “when my sister goes fishing, she doesn’t do it half way. She’ll be gone many hours, especially now that she is back at her childhood’s lake after so long”. Nina indulged in a passionate kiss that only an affectionate and long yearning Amazon can.
    07-20-15_3-05nbspAM_zps8dghbzot.png

07-20-15_3-10nbspAM_zpsujnmjvyw.png
    (Creator's edit; This pic is only included in case someone is not getting the hint of what happened next)

07-20-15_2-56nbspAM_zpstko2bbns.png
    “Any luck?” her sister asked when Dina came back from the lake. “Yes. Not as much as I hoped for, but I got some great catches, and I think I have even learnt a few new tricks.” Dina noticed that Nina seemed happier than in a long time, and it didn’t make her feel as good as it should. However, as there was still no sign of anyone else being there, Dina convinced herself to stop being so suspicious of her poor sister, and instead asked about her findings; “How about you? Found anything worth bringing home to your garden?” Nina chuckled; “oh yes! Yes indeed! I’ve found so much that it would satisfy a whole Amazon tribe for a long time! In fact it is too much to take all of it back to Ama, and I’ve had to leave some of the best stuff behind”, Nina put on a sad face but it cracked as she chuckled again. Dina was bemused by her sisters behavior, and she couldn’t help but feeling that big lump of suspicion growing in her stomach. “Shall we leave then?” Nina asked. “Yes, just a minute. I have to take some time inside first, it’s been a long while since we were home, and it could be even longer before next time”, Dina more or less ran into the house, Nina – unable to hide the fear in her eyes – followed, happy that her sister couldn’t see the expression on her face. Inside the house, Nina found Dina standing still, with her eyes closed. “What are you doing?” Nina asked, trying to catch her breath.
    07-20-15_3-26nbspAM_zpseslitk3b.png
    “I’m taking in the spirit of the house, remembering our youth here, resetting my memories to better remember them when we are back at Crescent River” – Dina felt sorry for lying to her sister this way, but she would not tell her that she was using her highly trained huntress senses to confirm her suspicions and fears – not yet. Dina listened with deep concentration, if there was someone else present, she would surely hear him. There was no sound, except Nina’s rapidly beating heart – was her sister scared? Or was she just in such a bad condition? Her ears did not reveal anyone, but Dina’s sense of smell was even better evolved – and she was no longer in any doubt. The scent of the male was as clear as if he stood right in front of her, and it was fresh – he had been there only a few moments ago. “He’s quick, I’ll give him that” she thought to herself. “Let’s go” she said out loud to Nina, and as she walked out of the house she could hear her sister sighing with relief.
  • Options
    I have edited my introduction (so that it is now even longer than it was originally) and added some background for readers to better understand what goes on in this story. The more spesific tribal laws for tribe Pungarehu will come in one of my next two or three story-updates (at least that's the plan for now).
  • Options
    So Lothario and Nina are lovers... And she doesn't care tribe at all, only men :/ Not good not good...
  • Options
    I am Really enjoying your story. Very much looking forward to reading the next update.
  • Options
    So.. I posted a new part like 10 hours ago, but got a notification that said something about my post would be posted when it was approved or something... :/ How long does these things usually take? Haven't seen it before, only seen it mentioned in other stories/discussions...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Figured out the deal with the approval glitch. Will probably try to rewrite the last post. Will not happen at once, as I spent quite some time on the post and don't like doing things over when I shouldn't have to... :s
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Preparations part I
    07-15-15_6-50nbspPM_zpsfgdr0nmz.png
    While the Caliente sisters where back home by the desert, Ama spent much time alone, thinking about what kind of leader she wanted to become and how she wanted to rule her tribe. She was soon growing up to become a young adult - allowing er to formally be recognized by other tribes as a whaea - and then she would have a lot of decisions to make. Among other things Ama would have to choose a colour for her outfits - a colour that people would associate with both her personality and her leadership.

"I think I have made up my mind for my colour", Ama told her brother one night, "In remembrance of our late mother, and the Zo'o tribe, I will choose the colour of mourning - my colour will be black". "I think that is a good choice sister," Khali said, "it would also be a reminder of them in another way - as it is also the colour of ashes. It would remind people that your tribe is rising from the ashes of the ancient Zo'o tribe, like a phoenix". "Oh! That is brilliant! You are so much wiser than your young age would suggest!" Ama was right about Khali, his wisdom exceeded his age by miles. The phoenix shall be our mark, or icon, and my tribe will be the Pungarehu. Ama grinned, and gave her brother a good hug. "Thank you!" she said, as she walked outside to gaze at the stars and do some more thinking.

Ama soon got her new outfit, and she also decided to start letting her hair grow back. She had shaved her head before leaving the lands of the Zo'o tribe, as a symbol of leaving everything behind and starting anew. Now the time had come to stop lingering about the past, and start planning the future - allthough the the Zo'o would never be allowed to be forgotten.
    07-20-15_2-23nbspPM_zpsoqyyvs8l.png

Ama thought a lot about the laws for the Pungarehu tribe before she wrote them down on paper. She wanted her laws to be clear and understandable, and to be a good and solid foundation for a tribe that would grow to the greatness of her ancestors - Ama was adamant that, given time, her new tribe should equal the Zo'o in power and glory and maybe even surpass them. The thought of setting laws for future generations made Ama feel both proud and a bit scared, but she smiled to herself at the thought of becoming sort of a spiritual guide for her descendants (Creator's note: spiritual guide... oh, if only Ama knew how right she would eventually prove to be ;) ). She decided to put in a few lines about editing the laws, so that future whaeas would be able to adapt the laws to their own time and situation.
    07-20-15_3-21nbspPM_zpsvuqqqm8a.png

07-20-15_3-04nbspPM_zps5bw0peqn.png
    While she was working on her law, Ama often sought advice from her late mother. She wanted to make sure her laws were in accordance to existing Amazon laws, and she wanted her laws to help protect her tribe from making the same mistakes that the Zo'o did.

By the time Dina and Nina came back to the camp at Crescent River, Ama had finished writing her code of laws - the first volume of tribe Pungarehu's Book of Laws.
  • Options
    Finally I can read your new chapters! I hope you'll update your story soon again :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Book of Laws

Ama's Law
    (Creator's note: these are (believe it or not) not all of the rules and laws that Ama decided on and wrote in her Book of Laws, but extracts from what she wrote, like some of the most important rules and rules that acts as sort of a framework for this tale. As mentioned in my introduction some of the laws are considered common laws among the Amazons in the world in which this tale takes place, others are rules that only counts for the Pungarehu tribe. Ama did not clarify for each rule whether it is common law or not.)

I am Ama Zo'oni, daughter of Kaa Zo'o, and founder and first Whaea of the tribe known as Pungarehu. This is my law, and it shall act as a moral and judicial guide for all members of tribe Pungarehu from this day into eternity.

The Pungarehu Code (Creator's note: this is the main law - the constitution - and foundation for the tribe.)
    The tribe is first in all; all Pungarehu hãmuas shall put the common good of the tribe before their own. A hãmua that acts for her own benefit, against the will of the tribe shall be severly punished, and may no longer be called hãmua if her violations are of severe enough nature.

On tribal affiliation
    - Only females are recognized as members of the tribe - hãmuas.
    - All females born of a hãmua are considered hãmuas from their birth.
    - Outsiders may become hãmuas by invitation - they must then pass a trial period and a final quest before being accepted by the tribe and sworn in as rightful hãmuas by the ruling Whaea.
    - If a clan matriarch is sworn in as a hãmua to tribe Pungarehu, all of her clan becomes part of the tribe and shall obey its laws and the ruling Whaea.
    - A hãmua may be thrown out of the tribe if her violations of the laws are severe enough, she will then no longer be considered a hãmua of tribe Pungarehu. If the Amazon in question is a clan matriarch, all of her clan shall loose its affiliation with tribe Pungarehu. In such sircumstances individual clan members may stay as hãmuas, but only through completing trial periods and quests like any outsiders wishing to join tribe Pungarehu - before being sworn in they must also cut all bonds to their former clan.

On clans
    - A clan under tribe Pungarehu have a certain autonomy.
    - A clan matriarch may make decisions on behalf of her clan and is allowed to judge in minor disputes within her clan without interference from the Pungarehu Whaea.
    - The ruling Whaea may give a hãmua the right to create her own clan under tribe Pungarehu.

On males
    - Males are essentially to be considered free individuals.
    - With two exceptions adult males are not allowed to live together with females. One exception is the sèvant - the personal slave, the other is the Tuakana.
    - An Amazon may have one sèvant. This male is her personal slave, and is regarded personal property of his mistress. A male can become a sèvant in two ways; either as a freely agreed contract between the male and the Amazon - a contract that can only be cancelled by the Amazon or by the death of one of the two bound by this contract - or he may become a sèvant by force as punishment or as a prisoner of war.

The Tuakana
    - My brother Khali Zo'oni is as close a friend and advisor to me as any could be. In his honor he and his first born son and all first born sons of his lineage shal be Tuakana - brother - of the Pungarehu tribe.
    - The Tuakana's first born son is called Teina until his father dies or is too old and weak to be of benefit to the tribe.
    - Younger brothers of the Teina is considered as common males, and must leave their father's home camp when they become young adults. If a Teina or Tuakana dies without an heir, his oldest brother takes his place.
    - The Tuakana can live in the camp of the Whaea, or in other camps together with females. He is a free individual, with rights close to those of a hãmua.
    - The Tuakana can never be the sèvant of an Amazon, unless he has committed such a severe crime that he is made sèvant as punishment. If this happens he is no longer to be regarded as Tuakana.
    - The Teina shall receive a good educatin together with the young hãmuas, so that he will grow to be of great benefit to his tribe and the ruling Whaea. He shall also have good physical training.
    - The Tuakana may breed freely with who he desires, as long as the Amazon agrees that her offspring belongs to tribe Pungarehu - whether or not she is a Pungarehu hãmua herself.

On breeding
    - In principle all hãmuas are free to breed with a male of their own choosing, there are however some guidelines that must be considered.
    - No Amazon can under any sircumstances breed with another Amazon's sèvant.
    - To avoid too many intermingled family relations within the tribe, an Amazon should not breed with more than a maximum of two different males - preferably only one - and no more than two different Amazons should breed with the same male.
    - The Whaea and the Tuakana are encouraged to breed together every fourth or fifth generation to keep the Zo'oish blood as pure as possibe in the ruling lineage. They must, however, under no sircumstances breed together if their family relation is any closer than four generations. [They must be at least fourth generation since the Whaea and Tuakana last shared their birth-mother.] This rule also applies to every other breeding relation within tribe Pungarehu.

On heritage and succession
    - Tribe Pungarehu is a matrilineal primogeniture community - the first born daughter inherits her mother and decides on her sisters' heritage.
    - As long as the ruling Whaea has no daughters, her oldest sister is her heir.
    - If the Whaea has no sisters and dies without having produced any daughters, the closest related youngest adult female inherits the position as Whaea.

On slaves
    - The term slave also includes the sèvant, if not stated otherwise.
    - Tribe Pungarehu should never depend on slavery, but slavery is permitted.
    - Males and females may become slaves by punishment for severe crimes or as prisoners of war. No one is allowed to make another person their slave by any other means - the only exception being the agreed contract of a sèvant.
    - Slaves may be freed by their owner if the owner can guarantee that the former slave will not constitute a risk or threat.
    - Slaves may be sold and purchased, but there shall never be a slave market in a Pungarehu village.
    - Slaves are to be considered private property of their owner, but they shall still be recognized as human beings and respected as such.

On punishment and judging cases of offenses against these laws
    - Depending on the severity of the crime or offense, the judging and deciding of punishment is done by the ruling Whaea or the clan matriarch if the offender is member of a clan. If the offender is a direct hãmua and not part of a clan, the punishment is always decided by the Whaea.
    - If the offender is a slave, his/her owner is to judge and decide punishment for minor offenses. For more severe offenses look to the first paragraph of this section.
    - Examples of punishments (Creator's note; this list is somewhat extensive, I've only included the hardest penalties here): public humiliation, penal labor, exile of limited or unlimited duration, eviction from the tribe, servitude. Death penalty should only be used on extreme occations - such as murder.

On adding to or changing these Laws
    - From this day on, these laws can only be changed or added to by the ruling Whaea of tribe Pungarehu in agreement with her tribe. This implies that the Whaea can never change any of the existing laws, or add new laws, without the consent of her tribal hãmuas.

Live by this my children and be forever blessed. Whaea Ama Pungarehu.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    The last post (Ama's law) is not complete, but I had to take a break... ;)

Edit: it is now completed. *Phew*
  • Options
    It's not easy to write such thing like laws... I'm waiting for another chapter :)
  • Options
    Hey @Nemo91Utd Incredibly detailed and interesting story I like this very much
  • Options
    Thanks @BloodRedSister! I had a feeling this lawthing could easily get a bit out of hand, and become too detailed. Even if it's still not complete (will complete it one of the first days) I now see that it probably is just that. But knowing myself and how the tale has come together in my head, I just have to put a lot of the laws into writing so that it is somewhat easier for potential readers and myself to follow the storyline and understand what's going on as the plot comes together and the tale goes on. (Not sure if that last bit made any sense... :p )
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    The post "Book of Laws - Ama's law" is now finished (may do some editing if I find something important missing).

About parenthesis and brackets in my posts: if I use these ( ) it should be understood as a footnote/comment by myself on the text (usually I will also start these with "Creator's note", as you may have noticed), if I use these [ ] it should be understood as part of the "original text"; that is a footnote/comment by the Amazon who "wrote" the text (like Ama in her law text).
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I really like your laws. Looking forward to your story!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    So, now that the Book of Laws has been introduced, I suppose it's about time we get back to the main storyline here; Kaituhi's tale about her mother and her tribe.

Book of Ama
    Revelations part I
    As soon as the Caliente sisters where back at Crescent River, Dina wasted no time before telling Ama what had happened at the desert village. "Are you absolutely sure that she was together With the sèvant?" Ama asked, not wanting to believe that Nina would have committed such a horrible crime - despite their initial doubts about Nina's motivation for visiting home while Katrina was away. "Yes! My senses are strong - they're always accurate - and I know that he was there. There is no way Nina did not take advantage of that opportunity."
    07-20-15_3-07nbspPM_zpszbfwbrsh.png
    Ama was not shocked, but yet she was stunned that their suspicions had proven correct.
    07-20-15_3-11nbspPM_zpscpav7fw3.png
    "Oh by Grim!" she cried, "what now? What will Katrina say?" "Mother will be furious! If she finds out about this there's no telling what she'll do. Especially regarding her sèvant, but she won't be kind to Nina either," Dina said. "I think we should keep this to ourselves, and not let Nina know what we know yet. Mother will still be away for some time, and if we - and Nina - are really lucky, Nina will not get pregnant. In that case I don't think we should tell it to mother at all." Ama agreed to this, after all it was Dina's clan and it was her that knew her mother and sister best. They agreed to let the unpleasant matter rest, and focus on preparing a small feast to celebrate Khali's aging up to teenage - the event was only a few nights away.
  • Options
    I also hope Nina will not get pregnant... :/