Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People using LOL ironically and incorretly

HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
edited July 2015 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
One thing I'm noticing especially on the last days is people using the LOL button when someone gives an opinion who is different than everyone else, or in the intention of being sarcastic. Worse, when someone talking about health problems. So I'm creating this thread to suggest an Disagree option or idk. Or stop using this just because someone doesnt have the same opinion about the game as you.
Male. INFP. Virgo.
Post edited by HausOfSuper on

Comments

• Options
    edaercangs96edaercangs96 Posts: 214 Member
    We need an unlike button
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Yeah no.

Dislike

:D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Then people would just automatically disagree with people who they don't like.

At least with "LOL" there is some form of interpretation which can really have a positive effect in a hostile situation.

Also the LOL gives forum points and badges. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited June 2015
    Well, I mean, I kind of like the 'disagree lol' , it sounds less harsh and you can still think of it as; okay those people don't agree with me but it's not a big deal. If an actual disagree button would be here everyone would explode, honestly, most people can't even handle that button because if you have an opinion that button will be used non-stop. So trust me, you don't want that button.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    MarzipanMarzipan Posts: 60 Member
    Wow if the LOL button is really being misused this badly then maybe it should just be taken away, which is a shame, but if its upsetting people enough for there to be multiple topics about it then it might be for the best. =(
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited June 2015
    Marzipan wrote: »
    Wow if the LOL button is really being misused this badly then maybe it should just be taken away, which is a shame, but if its upsetting people enough for there to be multiple topics about it then it might be for the best. =(

There aren't a lot of people who dislike the lol button, it's just a form of expressing yourself thinking "ooh that's a weird opinion, let me lol it", it's not that harsh as in dislike, since a lot of people would feel either angry or sad that their opinion is being disliked so much, i'd rather have a discussion with people about these topics than to silently dislike it tbh! ^^
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I really don't mind people do that. I think people use it to give vent to their frustration that others have different opinions and I think laughing off a frustration is more healthy for a person than becoming agressive or negative about it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    > @HarmonySims280 said:
    > Oh and look at the 3 LOL's....thanks for proving my points guys....shrugs. I liked being on the leaderboard, so go ahead and do it again.

I gave it a like because I agree with what you said! =)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well people usually comment if they disagree.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh and look at the 3 LOL's....thanks for proving my points guys....shrugs. I liked being on the leaderboard, so go ahead and do it again.
    I like to think my comment was really funny :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited June 2015
    And someone loled the reason for my post. I guess they theory is proven.
    Post edited by shadowcat85 on
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Well people usually comment if they disagree.
    Which in fact is more useful.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Honestly, if the forum moderators find that the forum community cannot behave maturely, then they have the power to take away our privileges. At the end of the day, this isn't our website.

If we want a disagree button or want to keep the LOL button or whatever, we need to show that we can handle it without everything burning to the ground. And sadly, I don't think the forum as it is now can handle any of it.

What would be interesting is if the usernames of those who click these buttons were visible. Maybe that would discourage trolling? Just throwing that out there.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    trollnexus wrote: »
    Honestly, if the forum moderators find that the forum community cannot behave maturely, then they have the power to take away our privileges. At the end of the day, this isn't our website.

If we want a disagree button or want to keep the LOL button or whatever, we need to show that we can handle it without everything burning to the ground. And sadly, I don't think the forum as it is now can handle any of it.

What would be interesting is if the usernames of those who click these buttons were visible. Maybe that would discourage trolling? Just throwing that out there.

They used to be it didn't discourage trolling in the least.
    Loler please keep going I sense badges imminent!
    :D

• Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    @shadowcat85 Wait really? Oh wow. It must have been really awful here, then. I've heard stories of it, but I took a long break from the forum in between TS3 and some of TS4's progress, so I never had to see it.
  • Options
    trollnexus wrote: »
    @shadowcat85 Wait really? Oh wow. It must have been really awful here, then. I've heard stories of it, but I took a long break from the forum in between TS3 and some of TS4's progress, so I never had to see it.

It was bad and still is. Be glad you missed a lot of the worst of it.

*chant's "Badge Badge Badge" at loler* B)

• Options
    > @trollnexus said:
    > Honestly, if the forum moderators find that the forum community cannot behave maturely, then they have the power to take away our privileges. At the end of the day, this isn't our website.
    >
    > If we want a disagree button or want to keep the LOL button or whatever, we need to show that we can handle it without everything burning to the ground. And sadly, I don't think the forum as it is now can handle any of it.
    >
    > What would be interesting is if the usernames of those who click these buttons were visible. Maybe that would discourage trolling? Just throwing that out there.

But then wouldn't people get called out? Surely that would be worse than incognito LOLing because it would start fights. =/