Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 WILL Support Windows 10 at launch *confirmed*

SimguruEugi has confirmed TS4 WILL support Windows 10 at launch, hopefully All goes well and the game runs well with it. I do plan on getting windows 10 at launch. Here's the statement Eugi Made :)reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2te226/simgurus_early_windows_10_support_for_sims_4/cnyo8we
Our plan is to support Windows 10 at launch. However, we haven’t started fully testing against it, so we can’t say with 100% certainty whether things will go as planned. :)

Comments

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Good to hear, hopefully we don't run into any bugs :/
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Good to hear, hopefully we don't run into any bugs :/

I'm sure all the old favourites will still be there.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    There's a Windows 9? :/
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    But... I JUST got Win8. XD

I don't like Win8 but I got it by gum.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

No, they skipped it.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    SimguruEugi has confirmed TS4 WILL support Windows 10 at launch, hopefully All goes well and the game runs well with it. I do plan on getting windows 10 at launch. Here's the statement Eugi Made :)reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2te226/simgurus_early_windows_10_support_for_sims_4/cnyo8we
    Our plan is to support Windows 10 at launch. However, we haven’t started fully testing against it, so we can’t say with 100% certainty whether things will go as planned. :)
    awesome! thanks for posting this i was just wondering hoping Ea would make such an announcement and even invoking the word TESTING, that is soooo good to hear!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Just checked I am running W7 and have no intention of upgrading. In fact the only time I get the current Windows is when I buy a new computer.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

they said this silly thing at the announcement something like that this OS so good its needs to be called 10 not nine
  • Options
    hannahmarshall111hannahmarshall111 Posts: 49 Member
    i'm so glad, i have the windows 8 start screen
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Prepares campfire for the popcorn and smores on that day. I just hope Windows 10 doesn't suck like Windows 8 did. Why I never switched from Windows 7. I hope my Sims 1 and 2 games don't break. :(
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Yay!!!!!!
    I'm currently on Windows 10 Technical Preview, and all of my Sims games work well on it!

Glad to know that TS4 will work even better once the official Windows 10 comes out.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ZSims601 wrote: »
    Yay!!!!!!
    I'm currently on Windows 10 Technical Preview, and all of my Sims games work well on it!

Glad to know that TS4 will work even better once the official Windows 10 comes out.
    That's good to know. Hope for my Sims 1 and 2 games then. Thank you.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yay!!!!!!

That's good to know. Hope for my Sims 1 and 2 games then. Thank you.

@Scobre Glad I could provide some reassurance. :)
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I can't wait for it. I really hope it's better than 8.1. When I got this new computer it came with 8.1. I didn't have a choice. Let's hope EA is right and Sims runs fine on 10. All the Sims at least from TS2.
  • Options
    KatsKats wrote: »
    I can't wait for it. I really hope it's better than 8.1. When I got this new computer it came with 8.1. I didn't have a choice. Let's hope EA is right and Sims runs fine on 10. All the Sims at least from TS2.

@KatsKats I use Windows 10, and it works great on The Sims 2 and up.
    I don't own TS1, so I couldn't comment on that. But I'd hope that it works fine on the original Sims!
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I was all anti-windows 8 just a few months ago.
    But I had some computer issues and since my windows version was neither oem nor retail of any kind, I thought plum it! Im buying a windows 8.1.

I dont regret that decision. The only thing I dont like with it, is the start menu, but I can actually ignore it with the settings Im using (no online login)

My solid state disc is fast... very fast.. better support for it I guess..

Back on topic: yes, I am getting windows 10 when released since it is free of charge as long as you currently have a windows 7 or 8.

Im also not surprised that Windows 10 will have full support for Sims 4, rather I would be surprised if this wasnt the case :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

they said this silly thing at the announcement something like that this OS so good its needs to be called 10 not nine
    Then there's this silly list of reasons why. :D
    http://www.informationweek.com/it-life/10-real-reasons-microsoft-skipped-windows-9/a/d-id/1316490
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

*gigglesnort*
    Suuuuuuure it is.
    It might be, once they've finished bloating it out with eleventy million patches.
    By that time, they'll probably have moved on to Windows 22.

:D

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    Just today I had an option to get Windows 10 show up in my notifications, and it's telling me that if I accept, I can download Windows 10 when it's available. I'm ignoring it, for now, although I might get it on my old desktop to try it out.
  • Options
    so true @pary! please please please MS dont make it soo unnecessarily messy. pretty please :#

Then there's this silly list of reasons why. :D
    http://www.informationweek.com/it-life/10-real-reasons-microsoft-skipped-windows-9/a/d-id/1316490

sima!!! this is tooo funny!!! 7 ate 9, vista was taken :D
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »

@KatsKats I use Windows 10, and it works great on The Sims 2 and up.
    I don't own TS1, so I couldn't comment on that. But I'd hope that it works fine on the original Sims!

Thanks. That's good to know. I never really did play Sims 1 and it won't run on my computer, but I know people out there do still play it. I was thinking of them. I still do play TS2.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'm just saying... certain.. you know... other features were confirmed to be in the base game at launch but then things changed.

Anyway, I'm sure this is something they will get worked out pretty quickly as the game working for a lot of people is probably more pressing than the game being fun.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Pary wrote: »

*gigglesnort*
    Suuuuuuure it is.
    It might be, once they've finished bloating it out with eleventy million patches.
    By that time, they'll probably have moved on to Windows 22.

:D
    They claim Windows 10 will be the LAST Windows OS made, and will only continue to update (for the life of the PC you got it on.)
    It comes out on July 29th, I think.

OP, thanks for letting us know the other Sims games work on it, I was concerned about that.
    As for The Sims, hopefully it will work.
    I had to fight with it to install in Windows 7, last yr,
    (before I bought new PC preloaded with W8.1)
    After one of the expansions didn't want to install, I retried installing (right click first) "as admin", and it went through correctly. ;)
    (I love the details put into many of those items, in the original Sims game.)

Oh no! Does this mean reinstalling EVERYTHING (games, etc) all over AGAIN?!...
    :s:'(
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2015
    Anyway, I am glad to know that the sims is working for people who are beta testing. I am planning on buying a new gaming desktop. My windows 7 is about 5 years old, so it is time to upgrade.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Anyway, I am glad to know that the sims is working for people who are beta testing. I am planning on buying a new gaming desktop. My windows 7 is about 5 years old, so it is time to upgrade.

Doesn't hurt that it's going to be a free upgrade for 7 & 8. I know several people who are using it now and are quite happy with it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top