Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ZeeGee's Picturesque Thank You Thread

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited June 2017
    No, yours are fine. I know my husband would definitely say my priorities need to be worked on. He loves going to the gym and participating in sports. Computer time is far down on his list.
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited June 2017
    Me1620 wrote: »
    No, yours are fine. I know my husband would definitely say my priorities need to be worked on. He loves going to the gym and participating in sports. Computer time is far down on his list.

I think yours are just fine, except husbands are supposed to do the dishes. :) Oh and picking up/carrying around grandchildren counts as exercise. I bet those things just keep getting heavier and heavier.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @scillakees Thanks. :kissing:

It did go well. We're not supposed to say personal details on here so I will just say that even though my new career is challenging, trading from a desk job to a running around taking care of people all day job is very fulfilling. And healthier!

@Me1620 Thank you! :kissing: And lol, you for sure have your priorities straight. (Imagines dishes sitting on the table with green fumes and flies buzzing around with a sim playing sims on the computer) :lol:
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    LOL how we see scenes in our lives animated in the Sims world. Years ago I had a lot of commitments pulling me every which way and when my sister asked how things were going I replied, "my fun meter is red!" She had no idea what I meant. Can you see me holding my head between my hands, bending at the knee and groaning.

A desk is so not good for our health. I have not been at my desk job since the end of March. Instead, I have been taking my grandsons for stroller walks, tossing them in the air and just being active with them. I noticed that even with not changing my diet, I have lost a bit of weight.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    *lurking and trying to catch up*
  • Options
    Me1620 wrote: »
    LOL how we see scenes in our lives animated in the Sims world. Years ago I had a lot of commitments pulling me every which way and when my sister asked how things were going I replied, "my fun meter is red!" She had no idea what I meant. Can you see me holding my head between my hands, bending at the knee and groaning.

A desk is so not good for our health. I have not been at my desk job since the end of March. Instead, I have been taking my grandsons for stroller walks, tossing them in the air and just being active with them. I noticed that even with not changing my diet, I have lost a bit of weight.

@Me1620 Lol, yes I can totally see that. In fact, I think I've seen your sim do that so it's easy to picture. :)

Fresh air, fun with the twinkles, and losing weight by accident. Sounds like a good life.

Charlotte's back! Charlotte's back!!
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    I'm back and I'm done. For good. NO MORE SCHOOL EVER!!! I have one whole glorious week before I go back to work with nothing to do but sim. Well, I really should catch up on some housework but.....housework or sim, housework or sim. What do YOU think is going to win out?!

Congrats, so glad you finished! Sorry about going back to work though, LOL.

*looks up definition of housework*
  • Options
    19455687259_65a45d4cb4.jpg
  • Options
    @scillakees You could hear a pin drop. Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    Ha, I knew you were up to no good. I found your new makeover. :p Beautiful work.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    scillakees wrote: »
    Ha, I knew you were up to no good. I found your new makeover. :p Beautiful work.

:lol: Thank you! I forgot to post a link here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pefC73yRVEs&t=34s

The new computer is supposed to arrive next week! Sooooo excited.
  • Options
    New computer? Lucky girl. Is it twice as fast, and does that mean twice as many videos from you? Because it's all about what's in it for me. o:)
  • Options
    @scillakees Oh I forgot, all the drama was on my thread in the genius section.

Since August 2014 when I first started playing Sims 3, I have been through major issues with first, our all-in-one desktop, which despite being brand new (at the time) and extremely expensive (at the time) would not play Sims 3. Though to be fair when we bought it I clicked 'no' on 'do you game' because I hadn't discovered S3 yet.

Second, an Alienware laptop, which was bad out of the box. Every time I booted it up it blue screened. Because I got the laptop then left on a 3 week trip, by the time I realized it the 30 days was up and I couldn't get money back. So I spent a year on and off the phone with tech support trying to get it fixed, had to ship it back to them, still wasn't fixed, then a guy came to my house to install new parts. Then finally they gave me a new one. Desktop kept crashing. So before the month was out tech support 'suggested' I return it and get my money back. Whew. So bought fancy new gaming laptop that the guy who came to my house to install new parts recommended. It was marvelous for a whole year, then It started blue screening in December when I installed Sims 2. So I uninstalled Sims 2 and the problems stopped. I installed the Creator Update recently, had issues, rolled back from the Creator's Update and MEGA PROBLEMS. Excruciatingly bright desktop, so bright I could barely see my icons, blue screen when playing Sims 3 in full screen mode.

So now almost 3 years later, I have given up the Sims 3 laptop dream and gotten a brand new CyperPC computer designed by Chesterbigbird to play Sims 3! It's my graduation gift to myself. :smiley:

Oh and your question was? More videos? I got sidetracked. We shall see! The new one came today but I couldn't find anyone to hang out at my house and sign for it so I should have it Monday. :scream:

The moral of this long drawn out story: Don't install the Creator Update on a computer that you're using to play Sims 3!
  • Options
    @scillakees Maybe you shouldn't poke me and Charlotte. You get a book in return :smirk:
  • Options
    lol, not funny. I didn't know you were having more than the normal sims 3 issues. Such bad luck with computers. And you stayed cheerful the whole time. Well for pink people, the fourth time has to be the charm. I believe that is a rule, somewhere.

And you made me feel better about my cabbage eating computer oriented husband. I guess I don't have it so bad after all.
  • Options
    You do know I have to sound out each word, don't you? The eyestrain!

I guess this kinda like that rule for sticking your hands in fire? B)

I can learn.
  • Options
    scillakees wrote: »
    Well for pink people, the fourth time has to be the charm. I believe that is a rule, somewhere.

And you made me feel better about my cabbage eating computer oriented husband. I guess I don't have it so bad after all.

What a great rule! That's my new motto. :smiley:

Putting up with cabbage side effects would be worth having a computer whiz in the house. :lol:

P.S. I posted this last night but it disappeared. But I was really tired so probably my mistake.
  • Options
    I hereby formally request more chipmunk videos.
  • Options
    I forgot about my chipmunk video! That was pre sims. They are everywhere around here in the spring and are SO cute.

*Remembering the days when YouTube meant being able to see your sister's dogs on a routine basis*
  • Options
    Well I have just realized that all my pics from this thread are gone due to the change in Photobucket's policy. I'm so distraught. I actually did go back through and look at the pictures and read the comments at times just to have a good laugh. Stupid Photobucket!

And on a positive note, I have the new computer and she's a beast of a girl that chews up Sims 3 and spits it out! That's a good thing. :smiley: It plays well in other words.

I have been working on an episode for season 2 of The Saga of Sunset Valley for about a week and just couldn't get it right. So I have a fresh idea and I'm starting over.
  • Options
    I was hoping you wouldn't notice all the missing pics.

I have been patiently waiting for the new episode. :rage: Really.
  • Options
    @scillakees hehe. The story just wasn't gelling. I had writer's block. It is still going to the same place, I'm just going to get there a little differently.
  • Options
    Wow, I love Zelda Mae's makeover. She is gorgeous. I remember when I used CC, before Sims4 came out, and had the fingernails and eyelashes. A lot of beautiful stuff you have! I am just a plain jane now though. Vanilla all the way. Would be nice if sims noticed the difference though, LOL. Anyway, you did a great job on the makeover <3

Hope all is well you all's way, I am still playing my game continuously :D

Hugs to all!
  • Options
    @charlotteprice Thank you!! All the cc is fun for makeovers but I don't use much of it in the game folder I actually play, too risky!

I have the new computer and, of course, problems. The disc drive won't work. I have actually had my hands in the guts of a computer all evening trying to follow instructions from techies. :worried: It's okay cause I have a portable drive but I hope they can get it working for me.

I went back to start downloading some of my photos from Photobucket and adding them back to this thread, but it doesn't look like photo links are working at all anymore? I can't accept the fact that all my models and stories are gone. :cry::confounded:
  • Options
    Oh, and here is part 2 of Paisley's Let's Play! If anyone is interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivIIs_N4rH0

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top