Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    picnikstoragepicnikstorage Posts: 67 Member
    Did you know?
    that If you have Get to Work installed and you have a retail store, your maid will still go to your retail store lot and clean up? They are very reliable! Just make sure you're in the lot during their usual shift and they will clean the lot. You can literally just live there and chill while your slaves employees sell your stuff for you!
  • Options
    BunnyhoppyBunnyhoppy Posts: 78 Member
    You can save a single child sim to your library WITHOUT an adult in the household. I can't be bothered to see if I can play her on her own though.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    The painting "Jazz Cats" in the base game looks shockingly similar to the Disney movie "Aristocats".

They both feature a band of stray cats who play jazz :D
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I did not know sims gain social from using the microphone to tell jokes (to no one) - all this time I have been making them be gardeners so they can talk to their plants lol
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2017
    I mean.. This isn't sims related, but peanuts that are still in their shells are called monkey nuts. I had no idea. I only found out today bc I'm wearing a cat onesie and my dad was like "hey, monkey" and I was just like..?? This is clearly a cat onesie, it has pointy ears, whiskers and everything?? And then he pointed to the nuts I was eating. Monkey nuts? What?

But if I have to say something sim related, I didn't know sims hygiene went up a *tiny, tiny* little bit when swimming.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    But if I have to say something sim related, I didn't know sims hygiene went up a *tiny, tiny* little bit when swimming.
    Yup. What happens is that the decay rate is accelerated, but the motive is "decaying" toward the midpoint instead of the minimum value.

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I didn't know toddlers can even play with the plants in the garden! So cool.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    In GTW after having a baby in the hospital the husband/wife will kiss the wife/husband on the cheek like 'u were so BRAVE' ♥
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I didn't know you could dance with mannequins!
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Did you know your sim can die from laughter at the humor and hijinks festival? Yeah, I will never let go of that
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Sixam plants don't have regular black bugs; their bugs are purple and blue and have a metallic-sounding buzz.

3ad2b108-3319-444d-8d74-f19400da16e2_zpsgavrnnej.png

aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    I just discovered that when there's a fire and you have a toddler, a parent will pick them up and run. Not sure if this is true across the board, but I've had it happen twice now. I have a pretty good picture that I can't upload right now because of the new member forum glitch that's going on, but my sim picked up her daughter and ran, and then turned around looking all scared, with her daughter looking terrified as well. It was cute.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    boopish wrote: »
    I just discovered that when there's a fire and you have a toddler, a parent will pick them up and run. Not sure if this is true across the board, but I've had it happen twice now. I have a pretty good picture that I can't upload right now because of the new member forum glitch that's going on, but my sim picked up her daughter and ran, and then turned around looking all scared, with her daughter looking terrified as well. It was cute.

Babies get left behind because... babies are apparently fireproof
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2017
    I was just trying to figure out how my Sim Vampire could be out in the day time to swim or sit and read. I looked all through the catalog and thought I would try putting the glass awing (the one used for garden or greenhouse effect) over the pool using moo. I put two together and now she can swim during the day rephrasing . This worked for a while then she burnt up :'(
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I usually extend the house roof or build a roof over the pool...you just have to watch the shadow to be sure it stays over the pool.
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    One time my sims house was on fire and their son started flapping his arms and screaming something that sounded like 'mummy' then HE ran back inside and picked up his terrified sister!
  • Options
    Did you know?
    that If you have Get to Work installed and you have a retail store, your maid will still go to your retail store lot and clean up? They are very reliable! Just make sure you're in the lot during their usual shift and they will clean the lot. You can literally just live there and chill while your slaves employees sell your stuff for you!

Apparently, if you also have the Vintage Glamour pack installed, if you have a butler hired, they will also come with you to the retail store. I'll still have to check if this is also applicable to restaurants.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Did not know that aliens glow when experiencing extreme emotions! Chole is glowing yellow due to being very energised. Took me a bit to test this and think it pretty cool.
    0zYhqTyl.png
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2017
    I didn't know Toddlers could learn to run.

Scariest/cutest thing I've seen them do, but its not very pleasant when you didn't see the notification and you see a gremlin come outta nowhere :s
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Did you know?

that you could go death-proof? Well, to be death-proof, you have to die first and be a ghost. (lol)

Then, make your sim(that just died) wish for life to the Whispering Wishing Well from the Romantic Garden Pack. After so many attempts, the well once granted more than just my wish. It restored my sim's mortal and tangible body AND granted my sim the inability to die unnaturally. Not in verbatim but the notif told me that my sim also made a pact with the Grim to always restore the sim when it dies unnaturally. Note that it only protects the sim from unnatural death, so your sim can still die of old age.

I tried to kill my newly restored sim many times after by starvation and extreme emotions but the Grim Reaper will always restore her back to life.

If you're after immortality, it's either you do this and be a vampire after to get rid of the age decay, or constantly drink potions of youth or consume Ambrosia :D
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think it only works for 24 hours though
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    Woolenhat wrote: »
    One time my sims house was on fire and their son started flapping his arms and screaming something that sounded like 'mummy' then HE ran back inside and picked up his terrified sister!

How lovely!
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    If your strength is high enough, you can have "practice fights" with friends. There are no dizzy moodlets nor drops in friendship levels and everyone laughs it up after the fight.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    If your strength is high enough, you can have "practice fights" with friends. There are no dizzy moodlets nor drops in friendship levels and everyone laughs it up after the fight.

I'm so glad you posted this! I've never done the, "Friend Of The World" aspiration and noticed my sim could have a practice fight. But, since I was trying to gain friends, I was too scared to try it, lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top